Unregistered

Whole procedure to become an IPS Officer after 12th?

actually i really wish to become a non curroupted i.p.s officer.....and i have taken maths and science stream with i.p in 11th and now i am in 12th class. i got 63.4% in 11th class..and got 8.2 cgpa in 10th so at the end i have to become an i.p.s officer..and want to know about the total procedure to become an i.p.s officer..like what should i do after 12th and which exam and all i have to give.......so please if you have any information about an i.p.s officer just transfer it to my yahoo id........that is anubhashukla11@yahoo.com.

sumansin Array

Re: Whole procedure to become an IPS Officer after 12th?

IPS (Indian Police Service)

To appear in IPS exam you should be graduate.

There are Civil Services exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for IPS.

Eligibility :- 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for
    general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years

Attempts:- Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Physical Standard:-

Height Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) 160 cm
    Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm
    Chest Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
    Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
    only.

Exam Pattern
    :- There are two stages--

Preliminary Exam-- It is of objective type, which is a qualifying exam
    Main Exam -- It consists of written examination and interview.

popeye Array

ip1.jpg

No, after 12th you are not eligible for IPS examination. Because to appear in this examination, you need a bachelor degree from a recognized university. So after 12th you must go for graduation and after that you are eligible to join IPS Exam which is also known as Civil Service Exam.

You can select any stream in your graduation , their is no any restriction on selection on stream.

If you want to become a IPS officer, then You have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Services Examination :
    • You must be citizen of India,
    • You must have degree of any recognized Universities or have an equivalent qualification.
    • You must be 21 years old and Maximum upper age limit is 30 years for general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST.
    Number of Attempts allowed in Civil service Examination :
    • General 4
    • OBCs 7
    • SCs/STs. no limit
    The Civil Services examination is held in three phases :
    • Preliminary Examination
    • Main Examination
    • Interview
    More details,Visit the official website : http://www.upsc.gov.in

choco28 Array

dear friend

any candidate must complete his graduation to appeaR for IPS exam
    with just 12th psssed you are eligible for IPS exam

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC

eligibility for IPS exam

age limit
    21 to 30 years
    upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases

nationality
    must be citizen of India

No. of attempts

for general- 4 times
    for OBC- 7 times
    for SC/ST no li
    mits

procedure of selection
    1.written exams consisting of
    • Preliminary Examination
    • Main Examination
    2.INTERVIEW

Unregistered

which stream questions will be asked?

selvakumar Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    actually i really wish to become a non curroupted i.p.s officer.....and i have taken maths and science stream with i.p in 11th and now i am in 12th class. i got 63.4% in 11th class..and got 8.2 cgpa in 10th so at the end i have to become an i.p.s officer..and want to know about the total procedure to become an i.p.s officer..like what should i do after 12th and which exam and all i have to give.......so please if you have any information about an i.p.s officer just transfer it to my yahoo id........that is anubhashukla11@yahoo.com.
    It's good to see , that you become an Non corrupted IPS Officer . First of all , I like to say wish you all success . If you aspiring to apply for IPS Examination, You should have to satisfy the Eligibility Criteria like, Educational Qualification / Age Limit and Physical Standards . if you satisfy this Eligibility Criteria then your definitely eligible for IPS Examination .

At present your an 12th standard Right , I suggest you to apply for any of the Bachelor degree . After completing your bachelor degree your eligible to apply for IPS Examination .

Here i provide you detail Information regarding IPS Examination please go through . I hope this Answer will definitely satisfy your query .

IPS stands for ( Indian Police Service ) . it is an Civil Service Examination which is conducted by ( Union Public Service Commission ) for every once in a year . To apply for this Examination you need to complete gradaution from recognized University .

Eligibility Criteria Required for IPS Examination :-

You should have Qualified in Under graduation Course Recognized Institute/University . There is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination . Pass marks is enough to apply for this Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your Age must be between 21 to 30years Relaxation will be given for sc/st for 5 years and obc candidates for 3 years . You should be Citizen of India . Both the Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for this Examination . You should be Physically as well as mentally fit for the Examination .

Physical Standards for IPS Examination :-

==>> Height :- Your height should be 165 cm .

==>> Chest :- Your chest should be Minimum 84 cm and Expansion 5 cm.

==>> Eye sight :- Your eyesight should be 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision and 6/12 or 6/9 for worst Eyesight .

Selection Procedure for IPS Examination may divided into three stages ,
    • Preliminary Examination ( Civil Service Aptitude Test )
    • Main Examination and
    • Interview
    Application Procedure for IPS Exam:

You may apply for this Examination in both the online as well as offline . You may download the Examination application form from the Official website of UPSC http://upsconline.nic.in

For More Information Please Visit Here :- http://upsc.gov.in

Nathan Array

It's the good post to see,you became an non-corrupted Ips officer.first of fall i wish you all the best.and now you are 12th standard after i suggested any bachelor degree after complete the degree you are eligible for the IPS post. in blow i provide detail information about IPS.

IPS stands for Indian Police service and this examination is conducted by union public service commission for every year.To apply this examination the main qualification is degree.

Eligibility Criteria For IPS Examination:-
    >>You should be a citizen of india
    >>you should be complete the degree with any stream from recognized university.There is no minimum percentage marks to require for this examination.pass mark is enough to apply this examination,final year student's also eligible for this examination.
    >>your Age should between 21 to 30years.
    >>your Height should be 165cm
    >>your chest should be 84cm and expansion 5cm.

Selection procedure for IPS Entrance examination:-
    It's three stages to conduct this examination.
    >>preliminary Examination
    >>Main Examination
    >>Interview

For More details visit on official website:-http://www.upsc.gov.in

lvnareshsunrise Array

One should be a Graduate to become an IPS Officer.

One should have to crack civil services examination being conducted by UPSC in order to be placed in IPS.

The complete selection procedure is by
    -Civil Services Aptitude Test
    -Civil Services Main Exam
    -Interview

You should have completed Graduation with any of the stream in order to be eligible for this exam

You should possess an age between 21-30 years to take this exam.

Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of Sc/ST category.

So, I suggest you to opt for Graduation with the stream which you are interested and opt for the optional subjects for civil services main exam in accordance with your stream in Graduation.

Wish you all the best.

aalarif Array

sir,IPS is one of the Service of Civil Services of India.and to get into the service you have to give UPSC exam.and
    here are the eligibility criteria because the minimum educational qualification marks to be able to get eligibility for Civil Services is that
    1) the candidate the candidate must have a undergraduate degree or a post graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.and
    2) the candidate must be a citizen of India and
    3) for general category students age limit is 21-30
    but for ST/SC there is a relaxation of 5 years.
    and for OBC it is 3 years.
    and also you must satisfy the physical fitness- have normal vision but upto plus and minus 2.5 is allowable.

hope it answers your question.
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

aron stone Array

hello friend,
    after 12th you need to complete a bachelor's degree and then you appear for UPSC civil exams to become a IPS officer.
    The minimum age eligibility for the same is 21 years.
    physical requirements :
    Minimum height is 165 cm for Men.
    Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity.hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels. you should also be eligible in other physical test also like eye - testing etc.
    Exam pattern :
    the exam will be divided into
    1. preliminary exam
    2. main exam

all the best..............

kalyani bacchav Array

Hello sir......

Indian Police Service

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Services Examination :

* You must be citizen of India
    * You must have degree of any recognized Universities or have an equivalent qualification
    * You must be 21 years old and Maximum upper age limit is 30 years for general category, 33 years for OBC and 35 years for SC/ST.

You should have Qualified in Under graduation Course Recognized Institute/University . There is No Minimum Percentage of marks require for this Examination . Pass marks is enough to apply for this Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your Age must be between 21 to 30years Relaxation will be given for sc/st for 5 years and obc candidates for 3 years . You should be Citizen of India . Both the Male and Female candidates are eligible to apply for this Examination . You should be Physically as well as mentally fit for the Examination .

So, I suggest you to opt for Graduation with the stream which you are interested and opt for the optional subjects for civil services main exam in accordance with your stream in Graduation.

Wish you all the best.

sreeswami Array

Hello sir........

Indian Police Service

The Eligibility for IPS : -

candidate must be a citizen of India

candidate the candidate must have a undergraduate degree or a post graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.and

general category students age limit is 21-30

I suggest you to opt for Graduation with the stream which you are interested and opt for the optional subjects for civil services main exam in accordance with your stream in Graduation.

best of luck...

Unregistered

sir, i want to being an aeronautical engineer after 12th?is it necessary to track iit jee.or aieee exams .?how can i got direct examination

AKASH.BHALODI Array

IPS exam taken by UPSC every year for the post of like ACP , SP , Commissioner etc .
    The time table for the IPS exam is below :
    -> IN the month of December / January the advertisement for the exam will be published .
    -> In the month of May the preliminary exam will be taken .
    -> In the month of october/november , the Main exam will be taken .
    -> In the month of march/april , interview will be taken .
    -> In the month of May , the result will be declared .

The eligibility criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should done their graduation from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general cast , 55% for other cast .
    -> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam .
    -> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman / physically handicapped .
    -> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

The exam pattern is below :
    There are three steps in the exam :
    1) preliminary exam
    2) main exam
    3) interview
    The final selection based on the marks available in the main exam plus interview .
    Preliminary exam consist two papers and one should pass this exam for qualifying for the next round .
    Main exam consists 9 descriptive type paper
    1-Any language
    2-english
    3-essay
    4&5-general study
    6&7-optional subject-1
    8&9-optional subject-2
    The first two papers marks are not considered but one should pass this two paper compulsory .

So start the preparation right now as you are in 12th so that you have enough time for preparation .

Good Luck

hts.hora@gmail.com Array

For becoming an IPS officer,
    You have to take civil services exam conducted by UPSC .
    First you have to complete your graduation and your age should be between 21 to 30 years and height more than 157.5 cms.
    The exam is divided in 2 parts:
    preliminary and mains.
    in preliminary, its based on aptitude and general ability.
    Mains: if you qualify the preliminary, you will have to write the subjectice type main exam.
    After written main, there will be an interview and if your clear the interview you will be trained at Sardar Vallabh-bhai patel national police academy.

Milan Padariya Array

IPS (Indian Police Service)

To appear in IPS exam you should be graduate.

There are Civil Services exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for IPS.

Eligibility :- 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for
    general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs . Ex-servicemen will get 5 more years

Attempts:- Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Physical Standard:-

Height Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) 160 cm

Eye sight 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
    only.

Exam Pattern
    :- There are two stages--

Preliminary Exam-- It is of objective type, which is a qualifying exam
    Main Exam -- It consists of written examination and interview

Lks Rcs Array

hi ,

there are some of the information given below :

IPS (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE):

ELIGIBILITY :

- candidate must complete degree in recognized university

- candidate must scored minimum 55% of marks

ROUNDS CONDUCTING :

- PRELIMINARY

- MAIN EXAM

- INTERVIEW

- you can write the UPSC EXAM .

AGE LIMIT :

- GENERAL -----> 21 TO 30 YEARS

- OBC ------> PLUS 3 YEARS

- SC/ST -----> PLUS 5 YEARS

I hope the above information are useful to you ......

Unregistered

I am plus one student who passed my sslc examinatons with 87% of marks....now I am doing my plus one in computer science stream..after compleating plus two which degree i musy opt to become an IPS officer...what do u mean by priliminary exam and main exam..and What about the training...and how many years will it take to achieve my desire.....any body help me plssssssssss......could you pls send informations to my email adress:dheeraj.lenin@gmail.com

randhirk.rk Array

its good that you have decided to become an honest officer and our country require young people like you .
    to become an IPS officer first you need to complete your graduation .
    min age is 21 years and max age is 30 years.
    you will get 4 attempts to give the exam.

There will be common civil services exams for the post of IFS,IAS,IPS and other allied services conducted by UPSC

exam is held in 3 stages with prelims, mains and interview.
    You ahve to be in top 150 candidates to get the posting of IPS.

So study hard for next 5 years and i hope you realise your dream of becoming IPS

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

If you wish to become an IPS Officer, then you will have to appear in the Civil Services Exam that is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year.

It has some certain Eligibility criteria given below:
    Age Limit : 21 to 30 years. (Relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST in the upper age limit.)
    Nationality: He must be citizen of India.
    Number Attempts: 4 (for general), 7 (for OBC), No limit (for SC/ST).
    Exam Pattern: This exam is conducted in three stages
    1. Civil Services Preliminary Exam
    2. Civil Services Mains Exam
    3. Interview

For more information, visit this site: http://www.upsc.gov.in

Unregistered

sir, my name is shalu nd i want to apply for ips officer but my distance vision is 6/18 so nd near vision is accurate so , can i apply for this or not?

learn Array

dear friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service
    for joining this service this one needs to appear for he civil services exam

this exam is conducted by UPSC
    once a year

eligibility for the exam
    • you must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university
    • candidates appearing for the final year are also eligible

age limit

• minimum age should be 21 years
    • maximum age should be 30 years

relaxation is given to the the upper age limit

• maximum of 3 years for obc
    • maximum for 5 years for sc/st
    • maximum of 10 years for PH

there is also restriction in no of attempts

• for general- 4 attempts
    • for obc- 7 times
    • for sc/st- no limit

procedure for selection
    • preliminary exam
    • mains exam
    • interview

pattern of the exam

the exam consists of two exams

Preliminary Examination
    2.Main Examination

1.The preliminary examination consists of two papers:

• Paper I -- General Studies which carry 150 marks
    • Paper II -- An Optional subject which carry 300 marks

2.MAINS exam Consists of the following papers:
    • Paper I - One Indian language (selected by the candidate) of 300 marks
    • Paper II - English of 300 marks
    • Paper III - Essay of 200 marks
    • Paper IV&V - General Studies of 300 marks each
    • Paper VI-IX - 4 optional paper each of 300 marks

Each paper will be of 3 hours duration.

Unregistered

Sir, myself Arnab Misra of 12th standard. i want to become an IPS officer, but i am suffering from a corneal disease " KERATOCONUS". so it is my earnest request to you, can you provide me with all the informations & criteria to become an IPS officer in Dare2win2012@myway.com?

harshit agrawal Array

My Dear............

To become an IAS or IPS officer you must have to apply an entrance examination which is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).
    This exam is conducted only once in a year.

Eligibility criteria and other details:-

To apply this exam you must have a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university and also there is no percentage requirements to apply this exam. So friend at any percentage in your bachelor's degree you can apply this exam.
    The candidate should be a citizen of india.
    A candidate who is persuing his/her final year bachelor's degree is also eligible.

Age criteria:-

There is a particular age limits and also age relaxations as per govt rules.
    For General candidates:- 21 years to 30years,
    For OBC candidates:- 21 years to 33 years,
    For SC/ST candidates:- 21 years to 35 years.

No.of attempts:-

Here in this there is a particular limit for attempting the exam as per category wise.
    General category:- 4 times,
    OBC category:- 7 times,
    SC/ST category:- no limit.

Selection process is three stages.

>> Civil services preliminary exam,
    >> Civil services mains exam,
    >> Personal interview.

For more details please visit http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Best of Luck.......

Badshah Array

• No, with the qualification of class 12th , you are not eligible to become the IPS officer.
    • In order to become Indian police services (IPS), you need to appear in the civil services exam which is conducted by the Union public service commission (UPSC).
    • For the exam, You must have completed the graduation in any stream from an recognised university.
    • Age limit must be between the 21 years to 30 years.
    • Age relaxations is provided according to government rules in this regard.
    • First there will be an prelimns exam, after that main exam and if successful you need to enter in the interview.

Varam Array

Generally UPSC Conducts written exam for these services like IAS, IPS, IES, etc.

Educational eligibility: Any degree from recognized university.

Age criteria:Minimum: 21 years
    Maximum: 30 years.

This is applicable for general category.

There is upper age relaxation as follows

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST & Exservicemen
    10 years for PWD.

Number of Attempts:

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Minimum Physical Standard:Height Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) 160 cm

only. High standard for the Colour-blind test. No inherent night blindness. Vision should stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) Age 23 123, age 24 124, age 25 122, age 28 124, age 30 125, age 32 126, age 34 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment shd not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

UPSC Civil services Preliminary exam is on 19-05-2013.

Date of Notification: 02-02-2013.

Last date for receipt of application: 04-03-2013.

velocity Array

Yes. You can become IPS Officer after completion of 12th class.

For this, I suggest you to complete your Graduation first.

Because Graduation is the minimum eliigbility for the candidate to appear for IPS Exam.

Here is the complete selection proecedure

CSAT Exam
    Civil Services Main Exam
    Interview

Here is the age limit to appear for this exam.

A candidate of OC category should be in the age group of 21-30 years.
    Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
    Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Prepare well for this exam from Graduation and crack it.

All the best.

EALPmember Array

Dear,

Civil Services are considered to be the toughest competitive exam in India and based on the rank, you
    are given the post of IAS , IPS or IES in different areas.

To appear for civil services, you need to register for CSAT exam conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility for this exam is as follows:

- You age should be between 21-30 years if you belong to General category . Else relaxation of
    3 years is given to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST candidates.

- You must have passed graduation from any recognized university or recognized authority. Even if you
    have done graduation from any correspondence course, then also you are eligible.

- The physical fitness requirement is alsmost simlar to the all other central govt jobs.

- The exam is mainly conducted in 3 stages: Preliminary, Mains and Interview.

- In Mains exam, you need to opt for 2 papers and for which options are given by IAS examination team.

- Total recruitment Exam is of 2300 marks and you are selcted for next round only when current round is clear.
    For final evaluation and ranking scores of Mains round and Interview round is added. For more information
    you must visit official site of UPSC , upsc.gov.in.

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Dude ...

I.P.S -- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

With the 12th Qualification you can not apply for the IPS exam

Because to apply for you must atleast have a minimum Qualification of Degree from any Stream from a Recognized university

The minimum age must be 21 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

There will be Relaxation for the Reserved candidates ..

SO I SUGGEST YOU TO COMPLETE DEGREE FIRST ..

Then you can undoubtedly apply for the IPS exam

GOOD LUCK

tarungupta_16 Array

Smile Re: Whole procedure to become an IPS Officer after 12th?

===============================================

Hi,

To become an IPS officer,you need to give !PS exam.
    Here's something about IPS exam-

IPS Exam stands for Indian Police Service [IPS].
    The exam is conducted by Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) to select candidates for the All India Services and for the services coming under the Group A and Group B of the Central Government.

As far as the eligibility criteria is concerned,here it is-

The candidate must be a degree holder of any discipline from a recognized university. The candidates who are in the final year of their degree course can also apply for the examination. Candidate who have completed their M.B.B.S., but not have completed the required internship during the time of submission of the application to the main examination will be provisionally admitted for the main examination.

Physical qualification for IPS :-

Height: The male candidate should be 165cm and female candidate should be 150cm for general category candidates. In the case of candidates coming under SC/ST/OBC the height required is 160cm for male and 145cm for female.

Chest: Minimum requirement in the case of male candidates is 84cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm. In the case of female candidates the minimum requirement is 79cm and they should be able to expand the chest for 5cm.

Eye sight: 6/12 or 6/9 distant vision for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. Near vision for worse eye is J2 and for good eye is J1.

AGE Requirement :-

During the year of applying for the examination the candidate must have attained 21 years of age on 1st of August. So, minimum age limit is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 30 in the case of candidates coming under general category and 33 for OBC candidates and 35 for candidates coming under SC/ST category. In the case of ex-servicemen an age relaxation of 5 more years is given.

I am sending you an image that shows the important dates for the exam.
    Check out the image.

Bye!

Attached Images

SK1 Array

To become an IPS officer, you have to give the Civil services Exams conducted by UPSC.

BELOW IS THE ELIGIBILTY FOR THE UPSC CIVIL services exams:

Education: Graduation Pass in any stream.

Age- Minimum 21 years
    Maximum 30 years
    Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

Attempts- General candidates- 4 times
    OBC- 7 times
    SC/ST- No such restriction

Sen Soma Array

After Graduation pass,you can apply for IPS officer exam.

Eligibility criteria for IPS officer exam :

>>Graduation pass from any recognized university.

>>Age is between 21-30 years.
    ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.
    OBC
    gets 3 years age relaxation.

Condition :

>>You must be a citizen of India.

Attempt :

>>4 for General
    >>7 for OBC
    >>No limit for ST/SC

Physical ability :

Exam pattern :

You can check here for details ............

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck !

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?