Unregistered

Whether to go for MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech (EEE)? Details of notification for entrance exams?

iam doin my b.tech final yr(eee) nd iam nt able 2 decide whethr 2 go for mba or m.tech???and i want the notification details of entrance exams so that i can apply for any 1 ot them...

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Re: Whether to go for MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech (EEE)? Details of notification for entrance exams?

Hi Buddy,

Attachment 683

Coming directly to the point you have stated that you are presently in final year of your graduation it's good that your more interested in continuing with your higher studies.

You have made right choice as break to education is not good as it breaks the rhythm, concentration levels. Job holders are subjected to stress environment which doesn't allow you to pursue education.If you had chosen job after 2 years of job u'll get a better position but if you apply for job after M.S/M.Tech u'll be given far greater position which might take you 4-5 years after you join job soon after B.Tech.

For higher education you can either go for M.S or do M.Tech, for M.S you would have to write exams such as GRE, TOEFL for admission in foreign countries, for M.Tech you must take GATE entrance examination for admission into reputed colleges such as IIT's, NIT's, other universities, etc..

For GATE exam the notification will be around September and for CAT it will be around July or August, presently till date both the examinations have completed the notification would be coming soon for the year of 2013. as exams of 2012 have finished.

If your good in academics then it would be great for you to continue with M.Tech, if not you can choose M.B.A.

All the best.

@ S.Venkateshwarulu

subham21 Array

Re: Whether to go for MBA or M.Tech after B.Tech (EEE)? Details of notification for entrance exams?

dear friend,
    if u are interested for technical field go for m.tech & if u do not have interest in technical you want to get more money then go for mba for marketing.
    it depends upon u how u choose.
    best of luck for future...........

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    if you want to make your career in teaching and research line then go for M.TECH, otherwise for management line then go for MBA, it's all depends on you, if you want high salary package then go for mba , and if you want to do research and go for higher studies then in my view go for M.tech..

so, i hope you get your quiery,
    all the best for your future....................

irasharma Array

Dear friend it'll be advisable to go for master's degree, that's M.tech after completing your B.tech. For attempting to join IIT's,bits, VIT, you must take GATE enterance exams. prior to this.

Balathegreat Array

Hi,

First of all, i want to advise you that each person has his own character or talent. You will have your own talent and you must find what it is.
    As your in B.tech final year, you would have understood that how tough you feel to study technical line and whether it is fine to take your career path in technical line.

If you are interested in studying technical studies you must study M.tech as your PG. For joining in M.tech course you must clear an exam named as GATE exam. For appearing in this exam you must finish your graduation in Engineering.

If you are not interested in taking your career path in technical line and if you want to work with humans and not machines my suggestion for you is to do MBA as your PG course which is expanded as Masters In Business Administration. On finishing this you can take your career path in Administration side. For joining in this course you have many entrance exams and you must appear and clear any one of those exams. Some of the exams are TANCET, CAT, MAT etc.

Hasham Array

If u prefer to choose M.tech then reputed institutions must be your choice..m.tech in either power systems or control systems are good. as GATE is over and if u took it an expecting good rank, then OK, if not take up PG state level entrance exams and join M>tech.

MBA for EEE students in fields like finance , marketing , HR may not help u to the brim.. Better u go for MBA in POWER mAnagement or energy managemant. these courses are offered by very few like

NTPI
    Univ of PEtroleum ANd Energy sutdies

choosing which M.tech or MBA, if u get seat in BA power MGt, then Doing MBA is better, else go for Mtech

all the best

King Array

Hello Dear,
    According to me, going for M.TECH or M.B.A completely depends upon you.As both M.TECH and M.B.A are completely different.M.TECH deals with Master degree(2 years) in Engineering and Technology which requires a bachelors degree while M.B.A deals with Master Degree(2 years) in Business Administration. Both M.TECH and M.B.A are on high demand. Besides it completely depends upon the college/institute in which you are studying and also upon your knowledge and experience in that field.If you are interested to stay in your field i.e. in Electrical engineering field and do research work and get a job in your branch then you must pursue M.TECH for which you have to appear for GATE exam through which now many government and PSU companies/organizations recruit candidates on the basis of GATE score card.And if you are interested to work in the field of Business Management then you must change your track and go for M.B.A for which you have to appear for CAT, XAT, MAT, JMET, ATMA, etc. if you want to study in India.If you want to study abroad then you have to appear for GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT etc.
    There are many other entrance exams in which you can appear.Those are J.T.O, I.E.S, C.D.S, I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S, T.G.S, S.S.C, A.F.C.A.T, C.P.T, P.C.S, BANK P.O. and also some other individual P.S.U exams conducted by P.S.U's like B.S.N.L, B.H.E.L, N.T.P.C, B.E.L, O.N.G.C, POWER GRID CORPORATION, I.O.C.L, E.C.I.L, G.A.I.L, etc.
    I hope this will help you.
    good luck.

sumit pandey Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    if u are interested for technical field go for m.tech & if u do not have interest in technical you want to get more money then go for mba for marketing.
    it depends upon u how u choose.
    best of luck for future...........

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Hi,
    Both the course have equal importance in their respective ground. as both are compulsory in setting your career in developing/developed countries

B.Tech
    B.tech is totally related to technical, you have vast job opportunity, as today's world is exploring in technical field being modern day by day.
    B.Tech provides various streams
    1. Communication Engineer
    2. Aeronitical Engineer
    3. Software Engineer
    4. Mechanical Engineer
    5. Biotechnological engineer and many more

MBA:
    MBA is a management related course
    This also proved you large number of job opportunity, as every good develop organization or company need ultimate management between their resources. thus if you have few mentioned qualities also with interest in it, then proceed ahead in MBA

Leadership quality
    Creativity
    Initiation
    Good Communication Skill

Stream in MBA
    Human Resources
    Marketing
    Finance
    Production & Material

both have good range of salary

S.Narasimha Murthy Array

Hi Friend,

For M.S you would must write entrance exams such as GRE, TOEFL for admission in foreign countries,

For M.Tech you must have to write GATE entrance examination for admission into good colleges such as IIT's, NIT's, other universities.

It is better to join M.Tech, for good future and to get good jobs if not you can choose M.S

Best of Luck, have a Bright Future

param pita Array

Dear,you have stated that you are presently in final year of your graduation it's good that your more interested in continuing with your higher studies.

You have made right choice as break to education is not good as it breaks the rhythm, concentration levels. Job holders are subjected to stress environment which doesn't allow you to pursue education.If you had chosen job after 2 years of job u'll get a better position but if you apply for job after M.S/M.Tech u'll be given far greater position which might take you 4-5 years after you join job soon after B.Tech.

For higher education you can either go for M.S or do M.Tech, for M.S you would have to write exams such as GRE, TOEFL for admission in foreign countries, for M.Tech you must take GATE entrance examination for admission into reputed colleges such as IIT's, NIT's, other universities, etc..

For GATE exam the notification will be around September and for CAT it will be around July or August, presently till date both the examinations have completed the notification would be coming soon for the year of 2013. as exams of 2012 have finished.
    completely depends upon you.As both M.TECH and M.B.A are completely different.M.TECH deals with Master degree(2 years) in Engineering and Technology which requires a bachelors degree while M.B.A deals with Master Degree(2 years) in Business Administration. Both M.TECH and M.B.A are on high demand. Besides it completely depends upon the college/institute in which you are studying and also upon your knowledge and experience in that field.If you are interested to stay in your field i.e. in Electrical engineering field and do research work and get a job in your branch then you must pursue M.TECH for which you have to appear for GATE exam through which now many government and PSU companies/organizations recruit candidates on the basis of GATE score card.And if you are interested to work in the field of Business Management then you must change your track and go for M.B.A for which you have to appear for CAT, XAT, MAT, JMET, ATMA, etc. if you want to study in India.If you want to study abroad then you have to appear for GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, GMAT etc.
    There are many other entrance exams in which you can appear.Those are J.T.O, I.E.S, C.D.S, I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S, T.G.S, S.S.C, A.F.C.A.T, C.P.T, P.C.S, BANK P.O. and also some other individual P.S.U exams conducted by P.S.U's like B.S.N.L, B.H.E.L, N.T.P.C, B.E.L, O.N.G.C, POWER GRID CORPORATION, I.O.C.L, E.C.I.L, G.A.I.L, etc.
    I hope this will help you

If your good in academics then it would be great for you to continue with M.Tech, if not you can choose M.B.A.

bipin Array

It is very crucial stage in everybody's life because this stage decides our overall outcome of life.
    See, At this point it will be better if you analyze yourself completely and decide where you will fit yourself. Since you have done your B.Tech, you can go for any of the courses like MBA and M.Tech.

An M.tech will help you to enter in to the technical field. You can choose either the mechanical or production engineering.
    This is entirely your choice. You can find out the scope of each of the streams separately and then go on to take a decision.

Regarding the MBA, it will help you to enter in to the management related field. For both courses you need to attend the entrance examinations for securing admission.
    If you are interested in MBA then there are various specialization in MBA like :

FINANCE
    HUMAN RESOURCE
    IT
    MARKETING
    SYSTEM
    MEDIA

If you want to go for M.Tech,You should take GATE

If you want to go for MBA You should take Any entrance Exam for MBA those are like CAT/MAT

hello_sanjog Array

hello,
    Mtech and MBA are two defferent and completely opposite things.
    Mtech deals with the technical field, research. you can make a good career in teaching or as a scientist or research personnel in any good company.
    MBA deals with management. The products manufactured by the technical people are presented, marketed, and the entire transaction is dealt by an MBA graduate.
    To go for Mtech, you need to be good at your branch subjects.(i.e. VLSI design, power station engg etc....)
    To go for MBA, you need yo be good at Quantitative Aptitude, English, Reasoning etc
    Career prospective in both the fields are very good but ultimately your confidence would give you success.
    Choose the field in which you feel you are good and go on with it. But remember once you go on don't give it a second thought.

-------------
    Thank you
    -------------

kullayappa Array

see , b.tech is totally a technical course , whereas mba in not like that

and , you are from electrical enginnering strem . so, surely , if you go for mba it is totally different for you .
    it is better to pursue m.tech .

you can take anyone of the subjects in m.tech

~~ power systems

~~ electrical machnices

~~ control systems

~~ power electronics , etc.

actually , after completion of b.tech it self , you are eligible fo rmany core company jobs and private sector jobs

if you complete m.tech , then you can apply for high level positions in core companies like ,

BHEL
    IOCL
    ONGC
    SAIL
    GAIL
    TRANSCO
    ZENCO
    NTPC , etc. . . . .

all the best

param pita Array

My dear,see , b.tech is totally a technical course , whereas mba in not like that

and , you are from electrical enginnering strem . so, surely , if you go for mba it is totally different for you .
    it is better to pursue m.tech .

you can take anyone of the subjects in m.tech

~~ power systems

~~ electrical machnices

~~ control systems

~~ power electronics , etc.

actually , after completion of b.tech it self , you are eligible fo rmany core company jobs and private sector jobs

if you complete m.tech , then you can apply for high level positions in core companies like ,

BHEL
    IOCL
    ONGC
    SAIL
    GAIL
    TRANSCO
    ZENCO

As your in B.tech final year, you would have understood that how tough you feel to study technical line and whether it is fine to take your career path in technical line.

If you are interested in studying technical studies you must study M.tech as your PG. For joining in M.tech course you must clear an exam named as GATE exam. For appearing in this exam you must finish your graduation in Engineering.

If you are not interested in taking your career path in technical line and if you want to work with humans and not machines my suggestion for you is to do MBA as your PG course which is expanded as Masters In Business Administration. On finishing this you can take your career path in Administration side. For joining in this course you have many entrance exams and you must appear and clear any one of those exams. Some of the exams are TANCET, CAT, MAT etc.

ashwak-jo Array

as you are form b.tech and thatoo you are from eee , so, it is better to go for m.tech .

actually , mba is alos good . but , you are from eee in b.tech . so,, it is better to go for m.tech only

actually , after completion of b.tech only , you can apply for some good postitions in different core companies
    with a minimu of 55% in b.tech , you can apply for the post of ASSISTANT ENGINEER in ,
    >> TRANSCO
    >> ZENCO

you can also apply for a post in ,
    >> in power grids
    >> hydel power plants , etc. .

you can apply for a post in core companies like ,

> bsnl
    > iocl
    > drdo
    > isro
    > mtnl
    > sail
    > gail
    > bhel
    > bsnl , etc. . (YOU SHOULD HAVE 65% OR MORE TO APPLY FOR A POST IN THESE COMPANIES )

or

you must be a gate ranker

>>> so, if you want to go for m.tech , firstof all , you should secure a good rank , in gate exam

if you secure a good rank in gate exam , then you will get an m.tech seat i top colleges

afterwards , you can apply for high level posts or senior posts in all the above mentioned companies

Riyaz Array

Hello,
    MBA and M-TECH Are the two Most Famous further study Boom. Both have become high in Demand.
    This is due to the reason of High Competition.
    If you want a Technical Field go for M-Tech
    Or else if you want a Managerial Field go for MBA
    To Pursue M-Tech, Gate is the famous one.there are other exams also.
    To Pursue MBA you ave to qualify CAT, MAT, XAT etc.
    I would Say Both are the Best One, MBA is better than M-Tech to Small Extent.
    All the Best.

ashwak Array

As you are from B.tech in EEE stream , so, it is better to Pursue M.TECH

Actually , B.tech is a Techncial course . so, it is better to pursue M.tech

With M.tech as qualification , you can apply fro Senior level posts in different companies like,

BHEL
    BSNL
    IOCL
    ONGC
    SAIL
    GAIL
    MTNL
    TRANSCO
    ZENCO , etc....

Actually , you will have the posts like,

1) SR.ENGINEER
    2) SR. SCIENTIST , etc...

So, if you want to get an admission in an good M.tech college , then it is better to get a Rank in GATE EXAM
    This exam is generally conducts in the month of February , every year

So, you can apply fro the exam in Finla year also

If you secure a good rank in Exam , surely you will get an admission in an M.tech college

Some COre subjects which you have to put more concentratin for the Gate exam are ,

1) ELECTRICAL MACHINES
    2) ELECRICAL CIRCUIT ANALYSIS
    3) CONTROL SYSTEMS
    4) POWER SYSTEMS
    5) POWER ELECTRONICS
    6) POWER SEMICONDUCTOR AND DRIVES
    7) HVDC , etc.....

all the best . .

Unregistered

I completed 12th and gave engineering entrances. I want to know about Integrated 5 year Electrical and Electronic Engineering and MBA

Unregistered

hello sir... am persuing b.tec(eee) final year...please suggest me wt should i do after complition of b.tech.? my wish is to to do a job...coz i hail from middle class family...till now i had the aggrigate of 65 %.. is there an private industries in hyd to offer a job 2 me....

wipro84 Array

Hi friend,

Choosing Master Of Business Administration ( MBA ) or M.Tech course after B.Tech ( EEE ) depends on your interest only.
    images (5).jpg
    >>> DETAILS ON MBA :

Dear friend MBA has more scope in job field.This is entirely different from your graduation in B.Tech.

The MBA is totally based on the management side so you won't go for technical side in this course.

--------->
    ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR DOING MBA ARE :

1. CAT - Common admission test.

2. MAT - Management admission test.

3. TANCET - Tamilnadu entrance test.

4. GMAT - Graduate management aptitude test.

5. BITS PILANI test.

Those who qualified in the entrance test with good percentile they can choose their own best MBA college.Remember if won't get rank then you have option to join in MBA college by payment seat.

------------>
    STREAMS IN MBA ARE :

1. Marketing management.

2. Finance management.

3. Information systems.

4. Hotel management.

5. Hospital management.

6. Human resource management.

7. Safety management etc.

For more details on MBA and best MBA colleges visit the link
    http://www.minglebox.com
    >>> DETAILS ON M.Tech :
    images (99).jpg

Simply we can say M.Tech is continuation of B.Tech graduation.

In M.Tech you will take a particular subject and study those subject keen.

Period of M.tech courses is 2 years ( 4 semesters ).

-------------->
    ENTRANCE EXAMS FOR M.TECH ARE :

1. GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering.

2. TANCET - Tamilnadu entrance test.

3. SRMEEE - SRM University official exam.

4. VITEEE - VIT University official exam.

5. PGCET - In Andhra Pradesh.

>>> BEST COLLEGES FOR MBA ARE :

1. IIPM.

2. Gems B School.

3. Amity university.

4. National institute of technology - Calicut.

5. National institute of technology - Mumbai.

6. National institute of technology - Delhi.

7. BITS PILANI.

8. Gitams college etc.

>>> BEST M.TECH COLLEGES IN INDIA ARE :

1. SRM University.

2. Satyabama University.

3. Sahastra university.

4. Sri venkateshwara University.

5. Anna university.

6. IIT - Madras.

7. IIT - Delhi.

8. IIT - Kanpur.

9. IIT - Mumbai etc.

All the best...............................

popeye Array

You have to decide for which score you are fit. If you think you are very much studious and have a great interest in teaching or research field than M.Tech is no doubt a perfect choice,

But if you have a good personality and if you have good management skills, than MBA is good.

Eligibility MBA course

- Bachelor degree of minimum 3 years from any college.
    - Minimum 50% marks in graduation for MBA Course .
    - Final year candidates are also eligible for admission.

In order to be eligible for MBA course, you should have to crack any one of the entrance exams like

- CAT
    - MAT
    - GMAT
    - XAT
    - IIFT
    - SNAP

There will be number of specializations under MBA course. You can choose the one which you are interested.

MBA in Finance
    MBA in Marketing Management
    MBA in Human Resource Management
    MBA in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
    MBA in Retail Management
    MBA in Telecom
    MBA in Hospital Management

Top Business schools in India

1.Indian institute of management-Ahmadabad
    2.Indian institute of management-Luck now
    3.Indian institute of management-Kolkata
    4.Indian institute of management-Bangalore
    5.Indian school of Business-Hyderabad
    6.XLRI
    7.Faculty management studies
    8.Indian institute of management-Ghaziabad
    9.SP Jain institute of management
    10.Indian institute of management-Indore

abhishekroy.781991 Array

Hey pal,
    The confusion that you are now is kinda common. Many students have this confusion.

Now coming to the point of what you are supposed to do, then I guess this question has to be answered by you.What are you interested in? Being a student of one of the core branches, I would say, if you have little bit interest in technical field, you must go for the M.Tech. And honestly speaking, this is what a core branch student should actually do. But if you are not at all interested in the technical thing, then you ought to go for MBA. So now it is up to you to decide what you are interested in and hence get into the Master's.

Best wishes..

Unregistered

i have completed my b.tech from EEE branch can i go for MS programme plz provide me the guidance

er.animesh6 Array

Hello guest,
    It depends upon you which stream you have interest .If you are interested in studying management then you should really go for MBA after finishing B.Tech.It is much better career option now form M.Tech as the salary is much more than an M.Tech Engineer.For studying MBA you have to appear for CAT(COMMON APTITUDE TEST) Exam.This exam take place twice an year in March-April and in September-October.You have to fill form with Rs. 1600/-.CAT is an online exam contains logical aptitude,verbal reasoning,english comprehension,reading comprehension,writing comprehension.
    SELECTION PROCEDURE IN CAT
    1 Online test
    2. personal interview
    If you have interest in teaching profession then you should go for M.Tech.By doing this you are eligible for the post of Assistance Professor of Engineering Colleges.For doing M.Tech you have to appear for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).The for of GATE is online basis on August.You can fill it on any of IIT sites.You have to send application form with 1000/- bank chalan.The exam will held on the month of March.This exam is both type either online eaxm or offline exam.
    All the best

mahi4mk Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    iam doin my b.tech final yr(eee) nd iam nt able 2 decide whethr 2 go for mba or m.tech???and i want the notification details of entrance exams so that i can apply for any 1 ot them...

Dear Aspirant...

You can give CAT exam if you interest in MBA course and if your interest in numrical

and anlaytical so you apply MBA course and you can apply online and offline and you

must be prepare well in this examination and you get admission in MBA college in India.

You are a B.tech student so you have a good option like M.tech and MBA.You can choose

by interest and than go for any field and both are master course and If you want after

B.tech than M.tech so you can give GATE entrance exam and after crack exam you get a

admission government college in India .After b.tech you can go for for you after b.tech

you can doing m.tech.GATE exam held 60 marks and 60 questions ask and you must be

prepare well in this gate exam .

GOOD LUCK

A Utkarsh Array

As you are a EEE student so if you do the M.tech form your branch then you will get a huge oppertunity to get jobs in electronics as well as electrical campanies, You have also the chance to get governmental jobs like in Railways, electric board, ISRO, DRDO, NTPC etc....
    If you have deep interest in doing management then only go the MBA else go for the M.tech, It will be better for you and your carrier..........

lakshmi dhana Array

dear friend....

M.tech and MBA both are good course
    and it is totally depend on you and your interest
    I thing will be better if you do M.tech because it is your related course
    for M.tech you have to qualify GATE exam
    if you do more then 98% score then you can get chance on IITs college

IIT - karagpur
    IIT - Kanpur
    IIT - Delhi
    IIT - Mumbai

or if you score above 95% then you can get chance on NITs college

after completing M.tech you will have more option

MBA is not bad if you want to do MBA then you have to qualify CAT ,MAT,XAT....

Thank you...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?