Unregistered

What are the steps to be followed for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?

Dear Sir/Madam,I completed Msc in Mathematics in the 4 years ago with 84%.Presently working as a lecturer in Mathematics.I wanted to pursue PhD in Mathematics but I have no idea about acquiring the same.Please kindly advice and give me the necessary steps for the follow up as early as possible.with regards,Prijimol

Hasham Array

Re: What are the steps to be followed for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?

u have got all possible eligibility to obtain a PHd but
    before that u must hold a Mphil degree too as prefernce will be given to such candidates

1. u may either apply for any university if it calls
    or u attempt NET/SET and enter reputed colleges/universities and
    find a right guide

best places are
    ndian Statistical Institutes University of Calcutta
    University of Delhi
    University of Poona
    University of Madras
    National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
    Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur

irasharma Array

Dear friend as you have completed Msc in Maths and interested inpursueing PhD in this subject it's being a very highly defined and respected degree as doing research work in the field of Mathematics is quite a tough proposition.
    You first need to decide your area of specialization. Based on that you need to search as to which all universities provide the courses of your interest. you must try hard to take admission and also ensure that you join a reputed and recognized university
    In order to get the degree the you must submit a detailed thesis consisting of a full proof study of any specialized field of the subject in concern.
    There is no specific time period slated for the completion of one’s thesis which will give them their degree. Usually, it ranges from two to three years but can also extend for longer duration.

zoey Array

Wow mr.Prijimol…ur academic qualifications n the quality of qualifications can make u easily admissible to the best institutes in the country for persuing ph.d …in order to be eligible for earning a PhD degree in Mathematics, candidates must at least be graduates…which u already r n am gonna list the names of top institutes in the field u shud try for :

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
    National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
    Indian Statistical Institutes
    University of Calcutta
    University of Delhi
    University of Poona
    University of Madras

In order to get admission to dese institutes u gotta fill ur application forms for the following entrances :
    CSIR-UGC NET for JRF;
    UGC-NET for JRF;
    GATE;
    IISc Entrance Test;
    NBHM Fellowship.

Best of luck n bring glory to the country ……

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Ph.D. Programme in Mathematics from University of Delhi

There would be an entrance test for admission to M.Phil/Ph.D Programme in the Deaprtment of Mathematics, University of Delhi. The Written test of 2 hour.
    Only 23 seats are available for M.Phil Programme including reserved category.
    The Number of seats available for admission to Ph.D Programme depends upon the availability of supervisors.

Eligibility: For M.Phil the candidate should have good academic record with first or high second class master's Degree or an equivalent degree of a foreign university in the subject concerned.
    for Ph.D. The candidate should have obtained a Master's/M.Phil degree of university of Delhi, or any other recognized university, or any other recognized university, or any degree recognized as equivalent to, in mathematics.She/He must have obtained either a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent grading in the M.Phil. degree or a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grading in the Master's degree.

Other than University of Delhi awarded Ph.D in Mathematics
    National board of Higher Mathematics

jituforu2100 Array

first of all i have to say u that you are the intelligent guy so u should prepare for NET-CSIR-JRF. it will be the best for you if u want to go for P.hd. you have also consist the experience of teaching so after completing phd you should apply for the post of ass. professor or professor.
    best of luck

Unregistered

sir i am MSc mathematics, i have interest software line, please suggest me......... whic computer courese is best ?

Unregistered

I have joined msc in pure mathematics in the university of calcutta.i am interested to have an academic career in future..will i be facing any difficulty in Csir ugc net as i will be only studying pure maths.how to overcome such difficulty?how to study right from 1st yr in order to be succesful in net?i am not good in multitasking.

Unregistered

sir i have completed my b.sc hons in maths with46% marks and currently pusuing m.sc maths from calcutta university. wanted to know if i will have some problems in getting admission into p.hd

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?