viresh Array

What should I do after B.Tech among M.Tech, MBA and MS?

Hello,My name is Viresh i m pursuing my btech in Information technology in gitam university Vishakapatnam.I am presently in second year, after my btech i want to continue with further studies,but i am really confused about what i should do after b tech, whether i should m tech in it,of mba,or ms.I actually don't have much idea about any of them,i have tried reading about them in the internet and all of them seem interesting to me.

aalarif Array

Re: What should I do after B.Tech among M.Tech, MBA and MS?

Sir,it will be better to have a MBA degree because of the good financial position it holds and also for the reasons like-
    If you want to join government sector after getting an MBA degree, there are ample opportunities in form of Banking sectors and the Public Sector Business enterprises. You can also apply for the job of a teacher in various government-run MBA colleges. If you do MBA in Finance and Marketing, you can join also the aviation administration and the cargo management. Moreover, you can work as a management trainee in navratnas like SAIL (Steel authorities of India Ltd.), NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) and BHEL (Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.) after MBA. If you do MBA in HR, then you can try for jobs in administration and account related department.

Sadaf yasmin Array

Dear friend,Choosing the stream in which one needs to go is always been a tough job.After 10th,we need to decide our stream and then after 12th, and even after our graduation,we people have too many options that choosinh the best out of it is really a confusing task .The crux to the answer to your query will talk about having onemind set up that ,if you want to stay with your core subjects ,,go for M.Tech ....But if you want to shift to some managerial line, go for MBA.MBA is known for fast and quickmoney where as M.Tech is known for knowledge and a respectful and peaceful life.MBA is a post graduate course for imparting administrative skills to the upcoming managers.Managerial skills will help us to make efficient use of our technical skills that we possess.There is no use of acquiring technical skills if we dont have skills to make best use of these.While m.tech involves knowledge about the technologies and is technical is nature so the students are to work on softwares and technologies so they also form the important integral part for an organization.So they are alsopaid high.So the choice is fully yours but do consider one proverb beforechoosing one stream."EARN MONEY LIVE FAST--MBA""EARN RESPECT LIVE PEACEFULLY--M.TECH"So choice is fully yours.

Badshah Array

The three courses you mentioned i.e M.tech, Ms and Mba, you must have to choose between the M.tech and MBA. Both M.tech and MBA have good job opportunities and also have good growth. After Completing B.tech, M.tech will not be much difficult as you are going in a same line. But if you go for MBA though it may be different from what you have studied till date, but it has a great scope in future. So before choosing any course, you must think about in which course you have more interest. Hope it helps you.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    The confusion of you is that which part you wants to go after your B.Tech.
    For a fine carrier it is obvious that you choose a write carrier for you.
    I will tell about it one by one.The three streams you wants is somewhat different in many aspects.
    If you wants to go for M.Tech than you have to sit for GATE exam.By doing M.Tech you can by in either stream as an engineer or a Teacher of some college.If you have decide to be in corporate sector then you can do M.Tech and if yopu wants to interested in teaching in colleges then it is right choice to do M.Tech.
    MBA is a course by which you can be a business consultant.For MBA you have to go for CAT Exam.If you are interested in business sector than it is good for you.Many people said that MBA is a course for healthy salary.Yes, it is but you should not have to do this for only heal the salary only.You have to remind on your mind that the course fee for doing MBA in some best institute is very high over 15 Lakh for years.
    MS course is a post graduate course for engineers.But it is best if you do this form any foreign country like Germany.Obviously it is a very good course and for Healthy salary.
    But the last decision you have have to made that which course do you like for future.
    Best of Luck

Unregistered

hi this is sidhartha, ia doing my btech cse .aftercompletion of my btech what would be suitable and carrer options,i had been not intrested in programming field,if i do my mba how far i would be useful if i do mba in foreign how it is going to be useful for me...if i want to do a job in iccci or any other bank how far my foreign mb is going to be used,what type of post i would get in banks.what the salary going to be...

Unregistered

what going to be best after btech cse if i was intrested in mba,i i do mba in foreign if i had intrested in bank jobs.what salary going to be,,,

Unregistered

sir.i am in final in b.tech from IT and as per my interest i was not much kneenly interesting in programming but apart from that i like to do another tasks ,but on the other hand i would like to go for some managerial profession because i like to give presentations and i have the capability of a good communicator...then i am bit confused what to do next after b.tech..suggest me best the adivice..?

ss28626 Array

Hello Friend..,
    The three courses you mentioned i.e M.tech, Ms and Mba, you must have to choose between the M.tech and MBA. Both M.tech and MBA have good job opportunities and also have good growth. After Completing B.tech, M.tech will not be much difficult as you are going in a same line. But if you go for MBA though it may be different from what you have studied till date, but it has a great scope in future. So before choosing any course, you must think about in which course you have more interest.

All the best.

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by viresh View Post
    Hello,My name is Viresh i m pursuing my btech in Information technology in gitam university Vishakapatnam.I am presently in second year, after my btech i want to continue with further studies,but i am really confused about what i should do after b tech, whether i should m tech in it,of mba,or ms.I actually don't have much idea about any of them,i have tried reading about them in the internet and all of them seem interesting to me.

Hi,
    After B.Tech you have many options like:-
    MBA
    M.tech
    MS

If you are interested in marketing field than you go for MBA for admission in top college then you have to qualify entrance exam like:-
    > C.A.T
    > M.A.T
    > X.A.T
    > G.M.A.T
    > S.N.A.P

If you are interested in technical field than you go for M.tech for admission in top college then you have to qualify entrance exam like:-
    > G.A.T.E
    > SRMEEE
    etc

EALPmember Array

Dear Viresh,

All the options of higher studies like MBA, MTech or MS are really interesting and there is good scope of career growth
    in any of the selected option. Regarding your confusion to choose the better option, I would suggest that if your priorities are
    clear then you can easily chose the best option.

If you are selecting MTech, then chances of getting job in Technical field of software development will be more and
    career growth will also be more. There are many S/w companies which recruit only MTech candidates and you can
    get jobs in such companies with a very good salary package.

If you are selecting MBA , then you’ll get a job of management field, but in India, the career growth will be good only
    in case you are pursuing MBA from top 20 colleges, other career growth will be very less.

After selecting MS, chances of getting job in India will be good, but most of the students prefer their job in foreign
    location, and hence you wont like to come to India for job.

Preference wise, for better career growth,my suggestion would be that you should try for MS and then MBA and
    finally for MTech in IT field.

Unregistered

Can i do MS IT after BE Electronics?

vikash1311994 Array

First let me make you clear if you do
    M.tech then you will go on the same technical line,and for MBA it is on Business deals line and for MS it is the science line with research.If you seem interested in everything then you can do M.tech then go for MBA.You will get each of the knowledge and you will surely get a bright career.

Unregistered

HELLO,SIR I AM SHOAIB,I AM CURRENTLY PURSUING B.TECH 3RD YEAR IN I.T.I MA A LITTLE BIT CONFUSED WHAT TO DO AFTER MY B.TECH AND I HAVE READ ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS,ITS NICE,BUT I AM INTERESTED IN DOING M.S.IT.BUT BY SEEING YOUR SUGGESTIONS I AM A LITTLE BIT CONFUSED THAT WHETHER SHOULD I TAKE M.TECH/M.S.IT.
    CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME DETAILS CLEARLY THAT WITH THESE TWO DEGREES WHAT JOB CAN I GET.AND I AM INTERESTED IN JAVA.

saikiranvenkat Array

MBA,M.tech and MS? what should i do is the question haunted by every engineering student after completing his 4 years of B.tech. If the same question is troubling you then need not to worry as i have made on analysis on this and have answers for you.

WHY DO B.TECH STUDENTS GO IN FOR AN MBA -

MBA is the "in" degree these days and jobs that you get after completion of this degree you can apply for a job in the administrative departments of the various fields of the organization. These jobs are considered to be the prime jobs of the organizations. This is not really the truth but , yes the job does has a slightly glamorous touch to it and the media has been projecting these jobs as all the more glitzy as the pay packages and the perks are shown to be much more.This is the main reason why the students are enticed to go in for an MBA after the completion of their B.Tech.

GOING FOR THE M.TECH WAY-

M.Tech after completion of your B.Tech will lead to technical related jobs in any organizations and these jobs are not much hyped as the ones that you get after the completion of MBA . But these jobs are great. You need to bear in mind one thing and this is, the M.Tech is an extension of B.Tech and thus it will be easier to do your M.Tech as compared to MBA and this is what needs to be considered in case you are confused between an MBA an an M.Tech degree.

NOW LET US SEE WHAT IS MS -

MS as it says "MASTER OF SCIENCE" your focus is primarily on advanced topics on a particular topic. MS emphasis is more technical in nature. You will study more advanced topics in the area of focus. Just to compare, it is like doing M.Sc or M.A in home country. To get into MS program it is ideal to have same background in bachelor's.For instance let us say you have B.Tech in computer science, then it is ideal to take MS in computer science.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?