jayee Array

What to prefer engineering after 12th or after Diploma?

What should be prefered?? engineering after 12th or after diploma??

FEBIN MATHEW Array

Re: What to prefer engineering after 12th or after Diploma?

student.if you choose to do 11 & 12 after the
    sslc then you have to spent 4yrs in engineringfield
    and you will not be job ready after 12th
    but after the diploma you can apply for direct job
    some diploma holders are getting enginnering jobs
    after diploma .and after diploma you can enter lateral
    entry to the 2nd yr btech. So i would prefer you to do
    diploma

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

It's a tricky problem that you are facing right now as each and every course has it's own advantages as well as disadvantages. So, let me first explain you how your future will be by selecting any of the two options.

Diploma :

--> By opting out for diploma you will be eligible to join Engineering in 2nd year as lateral entry student.
    --> After which you can opt out for Post Graduation in

M.Tech or
    M.B.A

Intermediate or 12th Standard :

--> By choosing intermediate you will be having plenty of options to join after your 12th standard some of them are

1. B.Tech (Engineering)
    2. B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com (Degree)

As you have interest to join engineering irrespective of doing it by diploma or 12th standard by selecting diploma you'll have less chances of getting into Reputed colleges, if you choose Intermediate then you can apply for entrance exams after intermediate such as

IIT-JEE
    AIEEE
    EAMCET
    VITEE

Securing good rank results that you will be able to join into one of the reputed Engineering colleges.

In my opinion i would suggest to go with +2 studies rather than going only for Diploma. With +2 education you will have lot of options to get admission into Reputed Engineering colleges, when compared with Diploma. Make a wise decision and select a better future option.
    All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

kalyani bacchav Array

see if you do it after diploma after 3 years of diploma you'll get admission in 2nd year of BE only if you get good marks in 3rd year of diploma(70% and above),if not then again you'll have to take admission in first year BE , and after diploma degree will be of 3 years, but if you do it after 12th as per your marks in CET you'll be able to choose any branch of engg. and the degree will be of 4 years..(this means anyhow you will complete engg in 6years after your 10th) Now I will suggest you to do degree after diploma.. since in diploma you study all technical subjects in 3 yrs.. and able to complete your degree with very good percentage(remember your last yr diploma marks will be considered to calculate aggregate % of degree i.e. last yr diploma marks+2nd yr degree+3rd degree+4th year degree )
    Now its your choice... gud luck

ashwak Array

Engineeering is the Best option for you .

Actually , with B.tech there are many Governemnt jobs as well as Private jobs

See , with Diploma you maynot have that mcuh job oppurtuities as with B.tech

And , if you want to secure a job with Diploma as qualification , then Diploma is Good for you
    Note that , with Diploma as qualification , you will have Junior level posts in Govenemnt core Companies

If intrested , it is Very Good to purse B.tech

After B.tech ,

~ You can attend for the walkins in Different I.T.companies for different Posts

Infosys
    Acenture
    Aditi
    31 Infotech
    HCL
    IBM
    Mahindra satyam , etc....

~ You can apply for the Technical posts in Government companies like ,

BHEL
    IOCL
    GAIL
    SAIL
    NTPC
    ONGC
    MTNL , etc...

To apply for a post in these companies , you should have a minimum of 65% in B.tech

and , you will have many more jobs with B.tech as qualificaiton

Some Good Strems in B.tech are ,

~ ECE
    ~ EEE
    ~ MECHNICAL
    ~ CIVIL
    ~ CSE
    ~ CHEMICAL , etc....

All the best . . .

climber Array

Hi,

B.Tech from IIT college is best for engineering student.For admission in IIT college you have to scored 60% marks in 12th in physics,chemistry and mathematics.
    IIT-JEE entrance exam conducted for admission in IIT college.
    Some entrance exam for admission in B.Tech college is AIEEE by these entrance exam you can take admission in B.Tech college.
    After passing diploma you have to take admission in B.Tech for good job.
    You can admission in Diploma you can take direct admission in 2nd year of B.Tech without any entrance exam.

All the best.........................

Unregistered

I JUST PASSED 12TH SCIENCE IN 2 ATTEMPTS CAN I GET ADMISSION FOR ENGG. ? PLS ANS

Sandeep Yadav Array

According to me after 12th class you should prefer for the engineering courses. On this way you will find good career path. There is also a good scope after the diploma course.

Branches in engineering course:
    • Computer science engineering
    • Information technology
    • Electrical engineering
    • Electrical and electronic engineering
    • Automobile engineering
    • Mechanical engineering
    • Printing engineering
    • Packaging engineering
    • Architecture engineering

Unregistered

After securing 90% in 10th which path should I take for engineering(12th or Diploma)?

Annubhai Array

Hello Friends.......

You can appear for IITJEE, AIEEE, WBJEE, MH-CET, VITEEE, KIITEE, any any other engineering entrance of that kind.

Candidates who had passed 3 years/4 years Diploma of Engineering from Any recgnised Institute in India can appear for any of the above.

However, there is minimum aggregate requirement of 60% for IITJEE, VITEEE otherwise for rest of all minimum 50% aggregate is permissiable.

But remember, you will not get admission into 2nd year of B.tech/BE at IIT's, NIT's or IIIT's.

Rest of all had provisions for admission into 2nd year.

You can also appear for state based entrance which are conducted by state government for admission into 2nd year of Engineering dergee and this process is known as Lateral Entry Scheme.

Every state conducts its own entrance for the purpose. For example West bengal conducts JELET etc.

So Good Luck......

rachna k Array

Quote Originally Posted by jayee View Post
    Both are good, Engineering after 12th class or Diploma after your 10th clas.

after diploma you can do engineering and this also possible that you can do engineering after your 12th class.
    But if you do b.tech after you 12th that better before 12th is taken as a base of the candidate.
    Diploma is also good because a candidate undergoes once a time through the industry. It helps a candidate to get more in his knowledge.

SO, i will suggest you to 12th class first and then engineering.

popeye Array

direction-cartoon.jpg

First I will tell you the structure of engineering after 10th and 12th.

Eligibility Criteria for engineering after 12th :

To apply for Engineering Entrance Examination you have to pass your 12Th examination with minimum 50% Marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

Some of the engineering entrance exams are :-

• Joint Entrance Examination(IIT-JEE)
    • All India Engineering Entrance Exam(AIEEE)
    • BITS Admission Test
    • All India Common Entrance Test(AICET)
    • Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE)
    • National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA)

You have to complete 4 years degree course after 12th to complete your engineering. Total years are 2+4=6 years.

You have to complete 3 years degree course after completing your diploma to complete your engineering. Total years are 3+3=6 years.

According to you can go for engineering after 12th because the candidates who want to join engineering after 12th ahve more availability of seats.

Also all the colleges are accepts the candidates after 12th. But many colleges not accepts the candidates after diploma to direct second year.

Akash Bacchav Array

Hi buddy,
    See you have to options as follows :

Diploma :

--> By opting out for diploma you will be eligible to join Engineering in 2nd year as lateral entry student.
    --> After which you can opt out for Post Graduation in

M.Tech or
    M.B.A

Intermediate or 12th Standard :

--> By choosing intermediate you will be having plenty of options to join after your 12th standard some of them are

1. B.Tech (Engineering)
    2. B.A/ B.Sc/ B.Com (Degree)

As you have interest to join engineering irrespective of doing it by diploma or 12th standard by selecting diploma you'll have less chances of getting into Reputed colleges, if you choose Intermediate then you can apply for entrance exams after intermediate such as

IIT-JEE
    AIEEE
    EAMCET
    VITEE

Securing good rank results that you will be able to join into one of the reputed Engineering colleges.

So best of luck.....!!!!!

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    You should go for B.Tech. as it is a degree course and will make you eligible for higher studies and jobs in reputed companies and government sector..
    Diploma has not got that benefit... Your first target should be education and knowledge and then Job...
    Degree will enable you to enter into the fields of your choice and interest, which diploma wont...
    After 12th fight for IIT, AIEEE. PET type of written exams to enter into good and reputed college and then work hard to be in the list of top all-rounder students...

Have confidence and go-ahead....
    Success will be yours...

All the best
    Raj@08

Akash Bacchav Array

Hi Friend,

You can appear for IITJEE, AIEEE, WBJEE, MH-CET, VITEEE, KIITEE, any any other engineering entrance of that kind.

Candidates who had passed 3 years/4 years Diploma of Engineering from Any recgnised Institute in India can appear for any of the above.

However, there is minimum aggregate requirement of 60% for IITJEE, VITEEE otherwise for rest of all minimum 50% aggregate is permissiable.

But remember, you will not get admission into 2nd year of B.tech/BE at IIT's, NIT's or IIIT's.

Rest of all had provisions for admission into 2nd year.

You can also appear for state based entrance which are conducted by state government for admission into 2nd year of Engineering dergee and this process is known as Lateral Entry Scheme.

Every state conducts its own entrance for the purpose. For example West bengal conducts JELET etc.

So All the Best......!!!!!

choco28 Array

dear friend,

in my opinion i think engineering will be a better option for you after 12th

for engineering
    one needs to be 12th passed with minimum of 50% in pcm

there are many engineering entrance exams in India

some of the best one are

IIT
    AIEEE
    BITSAT

engineering course after 12th is a 4 year course
    after diploma it is a 3 year course

but you should go for engineering after 12th as it will offer more job opportunities
    in comparison to diploma

there are many government as well as private jobs available for Btech students

and one more thing you can get admission in every college after cracking the entrance exam required for that college
    after 12th
    but you cant get admission directly in 2nd year after completing diploma

Unregistered

please suggest me where can i get training for automobile , automobile electrician in thane or somewhere near thane..actually im 12th commerce student...i want 2 get training for it to handle my family bussiness...

Badshah Array

• Engineering courses can be pursued after the 12th class or after the completion of the diploma.
    • After the diploma, you will have the direct entry in the second year of engineering courses.
    • But with the completion of intermediate exam, you will have to start from the first year.
    • But the possiblity of getting admission in good colleges after diploma is very low compared with the intermediate.
    • Even you are not eligible for top institute exam after diploma like IIT-JEE, AIEEE.
    • So. It's better if you pursue engineering course after class 12th .

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    Among engineering and deploma Engineering is better choice than deploma.After deploma you can get a job in govt. sector but the salary is not good enough.But after B.Tech your job circle wil be much broader.As many non govt. IT company prefer B.Yech drgree for campus selection.And also many govt. job is also available after B.Tech.
    For doing Engineering (4 year course) you have to appear for ISEET exam.On the basis of the All India Rank you will be eligible for studing B.Tech.
    COMPANIES THAT PREFEER B.TECH ae
    TCS,CTS,WIPRO,INFOSYS,ACCENTURE,DELL.
    All the Best.

sachin200 Array

Hi friend,

I will suggest you to go for B.Tech since it is Degree course!
    I'll advise you to go for Computer Science Engineering!

Let me tell you something about CSE.

-->Computer science and engineering students will learn about basic engineering techniques, as other
    engineering students, during first year course. These techniques include Engineering Mathematics, Physics
    and Chemistry, and Engineering drawing.
    -->From second year they are exposed to core computer science subjects like programming, data structures,
    Digital logic, Theoretical computer science, Algorithms, Computer networks, Operating systems, Web
    technologies, Databases and Computer Architecture are few to mention.
    -->This is really an excellent field to have opportunities both in software companies and higher studies. As
    computing is extensively applied to almost every walk of life it created massive jobs for Computer
    Engineering students. On the same time more demand and application kept it research funding alive
    attracting many students to opt for higher studies.

Average Salary for Computer science engineer: 4~5 Lakh INR a year.

Good Bye

vikasjha39 Array

HI!
    After passing 12th In my opinion you should go for Engineering.

For admission in top engineering colloge you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
    > A.I.E.E.E
    > I.I.T-J.E.E
    > I.S.A.T
    > B.I.T.S.A.T
    > S.R.M.E.E.E
    etc

ALL THE BEST!

santhosh44 Array

After finish 12th definitely you can join Engineering it is an good option , because after complete 12th std with maths or physics you can directly join 2nd year diploma , after 2 years you finish diploma you can directly join 2nd year B.E / B.Tech at the time You can doing only 2nd year but you join B.E/B.Tech ,after finishing 12th std you will join Engineering at the time you can doing third year so you can save ONE YEAR , so after 12th finished you join Engineering is better option

Top courses in Engineering :

ECE
    CSE
    EEE
    IT
    MECH
    CIVIL

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

You can get admission 12th first and after complete 12th you can get admission in Engineering field.

After 12th you can go for Engineering course and you can give Engineering entrance exam and after

crack examination you get admission top engineering college.You can give ISEET exam its a new

pattern for engineering entrance examination and ISEET stand for Indian Science eligibility engineering

test.AIEEE ,IIT's and NIT;s all are only one exam is known as ISEET exam.NO one separate exam

2013 all entrance exam is only one ISEET.Other option after diploma you can get a job but better option

for you first you complete 12th and than engineering and after you can get a good job and good salary.

You can earn 30k starting salary .

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

You should be passed 12th .

You should have 40% in 12th

You must be science PCM student than you are eligible for this ISEET exam .

Your age limit should be minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years.

Weightage percentage :-

40% board exam

30% Main exam

30 % Advanced

EXAM PATTERN :-

There are 2 pattern are given below .

1.Main

2.Advanced

GOOD LUCK

balu123 Array

Dear friend,
    It is always best to prefer engineering after 12th if you want to study in best institutes of India.
    Only 12th students are eligible for IITJEE, AIEEE etc. exams.
    These college provide good faculty and opportunities besides providing good placement statistics.
    You can also have good understanding and scope of study after engineering in these best institutes.

If you prefer Diploma, you will get good knowledge about subject than engineering.
    However, you opportunities and salaries will be very low.
    Only advantage is you will get a job after completion of diploma i.e. you get job quickly than engineering.
    But salaries are very less compared to engineering.

spider man Array

Hello friend you can do engineering after 12th or diploma.
    There are good advantages in joining engineering after diploma
    1. You can join directly into 2nd engineering as lateral entry
    2. You will have good grip on the engineering you have selected
    3. You can get into jobs of engineering work after diploma
    Advantages of engineering after 12th
    1. You can join in engineering entrance exams like
    All India Engineering Entrance Exam(AIEEE)
    Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination(IIT-JEE)
    BITSAT
    EAMCET etc in which syllabus will be covered from 11th and 12th class maths, physics and chemistry.
    all the best

Ajaygupta123 Array

Dear aspirant,

-I think you should go for engineering after 10+2 because it will save your time.

-For diploma you should be 10th pass only so if you are doing diploma after 10+2 then you are wasting two years.

-There is lateral entry for diploma holders in engineering courses but in the second years.

-Hence you diploma is of 3 years + three years engineering + two years 10+2 . Total you will need 8 years for completing engineering graduation.

-If you are going for engineering after 10+2 then you will need only 4 years for Graduation in engineering.

BEST OF LUCK....

lekha207@sasi.ac.in Array

hi friend,

i suggest you to go for engineering rather than the diploma program.

the top streams of the engineering are as follows

aeronautical engineering

agriculture engineering

automobile engineering

electrical engineering

computer science engineering

software engineering

mechanical engineering

electronics and communication engineering

industrial engineering

industrail safety engineering

welding engineering

production engineering

information technology

all the best
    regards srilekha

arunwillbe1 Array

Hi ,

Its mainly depends on your own decision only.

As my knowledge it would be better if you will go for the diploma course.You will have 2 benefits after completion of diploma

---> Job after diploma or

---> Higher studies ( Engineering ).

If you choose the engineering course after 12th .You can attend any job up to the engineering course completion.

So,It would be better if you go for diploma.

--->
    Different courses in engineering field are :

1. Electronics and communication engineering.

2. Computer science engineering.

3. Information technology.

4. Civil engineering.

5. Mechanical engineering.

6. Chemical engineering.

7. Electrical and electronics engineering.

--->
    Websites for knowing the education details and top colleges are

1. http://www.minglebox.com

2. http://www.indiastudycener.com

3. http://www.infinitecourses.com

Thank you................

megh@ Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    After securing 90% in 10th which path should I take for engineering(12th or Diploma)?
    Dear Aspirant,
    According to me you should go for the 12th rather than diploma after securing 90% marks.

After 12th you can appear for engineering entrance exam that is ISEET and if you are able to perform well you can easily get admission in the top Engineering colleges.

After completing your diploma you can get admission in the engineering colleges through the Lateral Entry Scheme. Every college have some seats reserved for the Lateral Entry Scheme but the seats are limited.

Even if you want to go for any other course rather than engineering you will be beneficial if you go for pursuing 12th.

After completing your 12th exam you can easily appear for the Banks/SSC/RRB exams.

Go for 12th level and work hard.

wipro84 Array

Dear buddy,

Engineering is very important for every life nowadays.

There are many opportunities available based on this fields.

You can apply for any job based on the engineering qualification.

----------------->
    So,prefer the engineering field it will make your career beautiful.

>>> If you choose the diploma again you need to write the entrance exams for joining engineering field after completion of the diploma course.

You can't attend the many jobs withe diploma qualification.

So,it would be better if you will choose the engineering fileld.

All the best...........

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

Friend whatever you are saying that is good but in this situation you should not be confused about your career means if you are interested to go for engineering then you must join engineering and do it for your career because there are lot of opportunities for engineers in India and in Abroad and if you pass your Graduation engineering with at least 90% or above marks then you may get some best multinational or international companies for job and you would be paid highly about 10 lakh per annum and you would have to complete your complete 4 year course in any stream but mostly go for Electronics/Mechanical/Civil or others then you will get more profit.

All the best

soumyasss Array

Hello friend ,
    engineering and diploma both have there own position. but most of student prefer engineering.if u go to engineering after diploma you will have more practical knowledge ,and i have seen that diploma holders get more preference then general engineers because they have more practical knowledge then other student.so if you want to go to diploma then it is not a bad choice ..... BEST OF LUCK

neelam05 Array

hello dear,
    in my point of view if u adopt engineering after diploma chances of your getting job become double as you will have advantage of having two degrees....as well as your knowledge will be more regarding that subject if you do diploma from a good institute.
    and if you don't want to study so more engineering after 12th is also a good option.
    so both options have equal values,so all is your choice.
    ALL THE BEST.

EALPmember Array

Hello dear,
    If you want to do engineering, then after +2 you need to give entrance exam and duration of engineering course
    will be of 4 years. If you do diploma then you can get admission to engineering course either directly on the
    basis of marks or you need to give entrance exam.
    After diploma, you get admission in 2nd year of engineering
    and you need to give 3 more years to complete this course. So if you see, the total duration of course is 6 years.

The advantage of +2 or the intermediate course is that you can move to any stream if your mind changes and you
    donít want to do engineering after +2 but after doing diploma you must do engineering for better
    career growth.

So, in my opinion, if you are determined to do engineering, then you should join diploma course because it will
    help you in understanding the topics of your branch and youíll get a complete 6 years to get full command
    over that branch.

alas Array

well it is always better to join engineering compare to diploma,look diploma is diploma and degree is always considered higher than diploma and if you have completed class 12 then you must go for engineering,you should have joined diploma after 10,but never after 12 as you can join engineering after 12,if you have joined diploma after 10 then it would have taken 6 years to attend a engineering degree,but now after 12 if you opt for diploma then it will take 6 years after 12 to get a degree and remember a degree is always better than diploma.the rank of education status according to their importance
    1)certificate
    2)diploma
    3)degree
    4)master degree
    5)ph.d

Unregistered

is it that difficult to get into degree after doing diploma??/

k.uma Array

Smile Re: What to prefer engineering after 12th or after Diploma?

HI DUDE,

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

You should be passed 12th .

You should have 40% in 12th

You must be science PCM student than you are eligible for this ISEET exam .

Your age limit should be minimum 17 years and maximum 25 years.

List of Engineering Courses :

1.Information Technology

2.Aeronautical Technology

3.Computer Science Engineering

4.Electrical & Electronics Engineering

5.Mechanical Engineering

6.Marine Engineering

7.Chemical Engineering

8.Dairy Technology

9.Manufacturing Process & Automotive

10.Petroleum Engineering

11.Biotechnology

12.Bioinformatics

Engineering Colleges in India:-

1.IIT, Kanpur

2.IIT, Guwahati

3.IIT, Kharagpur

4.IIT, Delhi,

5.NIT, Patna

6.NIT, Delhi

7.Shadan College of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad

8.Dr. M.G.R University, Chennai e.t.c

BEST OF LUCK

navjotsidhupamal Array

My dear friend,

You have to go for engineering i.e.the graduation course ,not to go for diploma after 12th.This is the baseless decision if you go for diploma after 12th because diploma is also done after 10th so why you waste your 2 years..??

My friend,i suggest you to go for engineering not for diploma but it is your choice ,i can just suggest you not to put it into that field.You can choose according to you ,your choice and your interest.

Other wise the diploma is not consider as the graduation because it is not the graduation course it is one step less than the graduation.If you want to become a graduate then you have to go for engineering.

There are various streams in the engineering field so you can choose any one of them.I tell you the streams in engineering which are as follows:

1.Electronics and communication engineering.

2.Electrical engineering

3.Civil engineering

4.Mechanical engineering

5.Computer science and engineering

6.Information technology.

7.Production engineering.

8.Industrial engineering

9.Biotechnology

10.Nanotechnology

11.Aeronautics

12.Food technology

13.Agriculture engineering