Unregistered

What is the Eligibility criteria and syllabus of GATE for a B.tech final year ECE student ?

I m a final year engg student (Electronics and telecommunication).what is d eligibility criteria and syllabus of gate exam ..plz send the required information to my mail addressthank you

kullayappa Array

Re: What is the Eligibility criteria and syllabus of GATE for a B.tech final year ECE student ?

a final year student from b.tech is eligible to write GATE EXAM

if you secure a good gate rank , then you will can get an m.tech seat in a good college.

--> the syllabus in nothing but , the questions from your core subjects only

-->> so, you shuold be perfect at all your core subjects

later , with a good date rank you can apply for a job in different core companies .
    actually , you no need to write entrance exam for these comapanies , if you secure a good gate rank

-> BSNL
    -> BHEL
    -> IOCL
    -> ONGC
    -> SAIL
    -> GAIL
    -> MTNL
    -> NTPC , etc. . .

actually , withot gate rank , you need have to write entrance exam and you should have 65% in oyur b.tech .
    so, gate rank is very important

all the best

jyothipriyadashini Array

Re: What is the Eligibility criteria and syllabus of GATE for a B.tech final year ECE student ?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I m a final year engg student (Electronics and telecommunication).what is d eligibility criteria and syllabus of gate exam ..plz send the required information to my mail addressthank you
    hi,friend;..

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering :

Now you are studying the B.Tech ECE final year student,then you don't worry you can apply for GATE entrance exam for admission in .Tech colleges for various courses in top colleges like;.IIT's and NIT's and Other top colleges.

Required educational qualifications for writing the GATE entrance exam are you must completed or appearing final year of engineering graduation from recognized university and here not required any PERCENTAGE.

For admission in M.Tech course through GATE entrance exam the selection processor is base on the marks secured in entrance exam only,and this exam consists of objective type nature with negative marking for every wrong answers i.e 0.25 marks and for correct answers you may get 1 or 2 marks depends up on section type.

Here the question paper will be divided in to Engineering Mathematics will carry 15 % of the total marks, the General Aptitude section will carry 15 % of the total marks and the remaining 70 % of the total marks.

GATE Syllabus For ECE Students :

Engineering Mathematics :

Linear Algebra , Calculus , Differential equations , complex variables , probability and statistics , Numerical Methods , Transform Theory.

ECE Subjects :

Networks , Electronic Devices, Analog Circuits , Digital circuits , Signals and Systems , Control Systems , Communications , Electromagnetic.

NOTE :

So, presently these notification,wait some days and for this the notification will be announced in the daily news paper or official website of GATE institute that is http://gate.iitk.ac.in/ and after completing this b.tech with gate score card many central govt are offering the various posts in different departments,apart from few central govt companies are like;.BHEL,BSNL,ONGC,SAIL,NTPC etc;..

nanipj Array

Hi friend,

A you stated Gate entrance in india ad it is one of the top examination to enter into M.tech.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: The eligibility criteria for appearing gate exam is the candidate appearing for exam should complete there graduation with an aggregate of 55-60% marks.

And there is no restrictions of age limit for appearing gate exam.

And gate score is valid for only 2 years.

SYLLABUS FOR GATE EXAM:

Given below i have given a link for the syllabus for the gate exam please refer through it.

http://www.gateforum.com/GATE_syllabus.php

So,here given are the details of eligibility and syllabus for gate exam and prepare well for upcoming gate exam and get a seat in reputed colleges.

ALL THE BEST

WITH REGARDS,
    nanipj.

sameer007 Array

Syllabus of GATE for a final year ECE student-

Networks
    Electronic devices
    Analog circuits
    Digital circuits
    Signal and system
    Control systems
    Communication
    Electromagnetics

To know the complete syllabus and different chapters to be studied you can visit http://www.gateforum.com/GATE_syllabus.php
    Thank you....

bipin Array

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
    Eligibility for gate:

- You should be a Bachelor degree holder in Engineering OR Technology OR Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and even if you are in the final year can also write GATE.

- You should be a Master degree holder in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and even if you are in the final year of such programmes.

I am giving you the GATE 2012 ECE Syllabus. You can go through it and prepare well for the examination.

ENGINEERING MATHEMATICS :

Linear Algebra :

1. Calculus
    2. Differential equations
    3. Probability and Statistics
    4. Complex Variables
    5. Transform Theory

ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING :

1. Networks

Electronic Devices :

1. Analog Circuits
    2. Digital Circuits

Signals & Systems :

1. Control systems
    2. Communications
    3. Electromagnetics

arun.potturu Array

Hi friend,

The ISRO stands for Indian space research organization.This organization is recruiting the varies persons from different branches.

==== Eligibility criteria for the ISRO.

1. Person should completed the graduation in engineering from recognized university.

2. Minimum 60% aggregate necessary for applying.

3. Age limit 21 - 30 years.

4. Person should be from indian citizen.

=== Syllabus for the ISRO is purely related to the branch subjects.Candidate should be strong in the technical subjects.

=== Recruitment process for the ISRO is :

1. Written test.

2. Personal interview.

=== Website for the ISRO organization is http://www.isro.org

=== The final year ECE graduates are eligible for the ISRO notifications.

sourav674 Array

GATE IS GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST FOR ENGINEERS. AS PER THE LATEST DECLARATION YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR GATE ONLY AFTER APPEARING YOUR 6TH SEMESTER.

THE EXAM IS CONDUCTED BY THE SEVEN IITs AND INDIAN INSTITUTE OF SCIENCES.

THE SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION INCLUDES THE FOUR YEAR TOTAL SYLLABUS ALONG WITH YOUR ELECTIVES.

PRESENTLY THE FULL MARKS OF THE EXAM IS 100.

YOU HAVE TO ANSWER 65 QUESTIONS WITHIN 3 HRS.

THERE IS NEGATIVE MARKINGS. FOR ONE WRONG ANSWER ONE THIRD OF THE MARKS WILL BE DEDUCTED.

AGE LIMIT IS 29YRS MAXIMUM.

arnav saswati Array

Hello my dear friend.......................

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)

Eligibility for gate:

- You should be a Bachelor degree holder in Engineering OR Technology OR Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and even if you are in the final year can also write GATE.

- You should be a Master degree holder in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and even if you are in the final year of such programmes.

I am giving you the GATE 2012 ECE Syllabus. You can go through it and prepare well for the examination.

Eligibility criteria for the ISRO.

1. Person should completed the graduation in engineering from recognized university.

Syllabus for the ISRO is purely related to the branch subjects.Candidate should be strong in the technical subjects.

Recruitment process for the ISRO is :

thank you and all the very best.....................

burnnearn4u Array

Lightbulb Re: What is the Eligibility criteria and syllabus of GATE for a B.tech final year ECE student ?

For ECE student following points makes him eligible for GATE

1. should clear active backlog and reappear till june of that year.

2. It is good if you have 60 % marks in your degree.

3. You must be in final year to appear for GATE.

These points are enough.

Syllabus is attached here........

Best of luck

And for better preparation join

1 ACE ACADEMY

2 MADE EASY

3 BRILLIANT TUTORIAL

GOOD LUCK.............

ashwak-jo Array

GATE stands for GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGIEERING

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA : -

~~ The candidates should have compalted engineering with a minimum of 55%
    ~~ the canddiates must have completed their engineering from a RECOGNISED COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY
    ~~ the FINAL YEAR engineering candidates are also eliglible for the exam

Generally , this exam will conducts in the month of FEBRUARY evevry year

** As you are in your Final year , so, you are eliglible to apply for the GATE EXAM this time

The exam Fee is 800 RS/-

The syllabus for an ECE candidate is nothing but , the multiple choice questions from the CORE subjects only

so, you should be well prepared in the core subjects like

~~ ELECTRONIC DEVICES AND CIRCUITS - EDC
    ~~ PULSE DIGITAL CIRCUITS - PDC
    ~~ DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING - DSP
    ~~ ELECTRICAL CIRCUIT ANALYSIS - ECA
    ~~ OPTICAL FIBRE COMMUNICATION
    ~~ PTSP
    ~~ OC
    ~~ SS

All the best

Vishesh Array

The Eligibility criteria and syllabus of GATE for a B.tech final year ECE student

My dear friend
    Here the eligibility certaria for GATE exam are...
    • Candidates should have complete engineering degee with minimum 55% marks
    • Canddiates must have complete their engineering from a RECOGNISED COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY
    • You must be in final year to appear for GATE.
    And the Syllabus for GATE for B.tech final year student are.

• Electromagnetics
    • Communication
    • Analog circuits
    • Digital circuits
    • Electronic devices
    • Signal and system
    • Control systems
    Best of luck.

strike1 Array

hi !

The eligibility criteria for appearing gate exam is the candidate appearing for exam should complete their graduation(BE/B.Tech.) with an aggregate of 55-60% marks.

All the best !

ashwak Array

Actually , to apply for the GATE exam ,

~ The candidate should have completed B.tech from a recognised university
    ~ The Final year engineering candidates are also eliglible for the exam
    ~ The candidate should have a minimum of 55% in B.tech

SO , as you are in Final year , now you can apply for the exam

For the GATE EXAM , you should have good command in all the core subjects of ECE branch , Aptitude , Linear algebra , Calculus , etc .

Among all these , there are more questions from your CORE subjects only

So, you should have a good command in some core subjects like ,

~ Pulse digital circuits
    ~ Digital communications
    ~ Optical fibre communications
    ~ Electronic devices and circuits
    ~ Electrical circuit analysis
    ~ Control systems
    ~ Digital signla processing

** With a good rank in GATE exam ,

1) you can apply for a job in core compaies
    or
    2) you can pursue M.tech

all the best . .

Unregistered

i am 4th yr b.tech student i have secured 60 % in each sem but in one sem i got 57% am i still eligible for gate exam?

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,
    If you want to study higher studies you must appear for the GATE Exam.And also this mark will be consider in some campus interviews.
    You can appear for this Exam from your Pre-final year of your Engineering Degree.The GATE exam mark is valid for two years.Based on this mark you will get good college for your higher studies.
    The Syllabus for this exam is question asked from your Degree Subjects.Questions are objective type questions.Each wrong answer carry negative marks.Study well your Engineering subjects.You can pass this Exam.

ALL THE BEST......

popeye Array

gate3.jpeg
    GATE
    - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

Eligibility Criteria for GATE

- You should have bachelors degree in Engineering , Technology or Architecture.

- You may also have master degree in any branch of science
    1. Mathematics
    2. Statistics
    3. computer applications
    - If you are in the final year of the any of above course then also you can write GATE.

After cracking GATE entrance examination you have following options :

You can get admission for post graduation course M.Tech.

Many Government Companies will recruit the candidates on the basis of score in the GATE examination.

GATE Exam Pattern :

GATE Exam.png

Books for the ECE-GATE Examination

• Microwave devices and circuits by Liao
    • Schaum Series for solved problems
    • JJ publishers GATE 2012 guide for ECE
    • S .Chand's GATE guide for ECE
    • R S Chandra's GATE guide for ECE
    • Electronic Principals by Malvino
    • Electronic Devices And Circuits by Boylestead
    • Communication System by Simon Haykin
    • Digital Circuits by Taub and Shilling

Unregistered

I have got eligible gatee score for various companies but still currently i have backlog in my btech so what should i do

alokpaul794@gmail.com Array

I also don’t know what is the Eligibility criteria and syllabus of GATE for B.Tech final year ECE student..

aalarif Array

sir,the eligibility criteria for gate is that you
    must have completed or appearing in the final year of engineering under graduation from recognized university.the syllabus is very simple its all about you have learned and known about your subject during the engineering study,you have to be very focused with your concepts and thinking.
    and the most important thing is that you have to be very good with communication skills sections,its very important in the paper and also the time management.
    best of luck

choco28 Array

dear friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering
    is a exam for post graduation in engineering

so you are eligible for the exam being a final year student of BTech

elgibility for the exam

one must be graduate in engineering

anyone who has done his post graduation in any branch of science
    Mathematics
    Statistics
    Computer Applications are also eligible

those who are in the final year of such programmes are also eligible

syllabus for the above exam is given below:

Unregistered

sir , i hv got 59.825% in overall b-tech ,nd i wanna do m-tech so am i eligible for iit college?

sreeswami Array

Eligibility for gate: 1) The candidate should be a Bachelor degree holder in Engineering OR Technology OR Architecture 2) 4 years after 10+2 3) If you are in the final year of the any of above course then also you can write GATE. 4) Computer Applications are also eligible 5) The Student should be a Master degree holder in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and even if you are in the final year of such programmes. SO BEST OF LUCK........

kalyani bacchav Array

Hello Friend......

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The eligibility criteria for appearing gate exam is the candidate appearing for exam should complete there graduation with an aggregate of 55-60% marks.

SYLLABUS FOR GATE EXAM:

Given below i have given a link for the syllabus for the gate exam please refer through it.

http://www.gateforum.com/GATE_syllabus.php

ALL THE BEST......

Nathan Array

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude test in Engineering this entrance exam is conducted by every year for Engineering student admission.If you interest to apply for this exam you have this eligibility criteria's

Eligibility Criteria:-

The Following Categories candidates are eligible to appear for GATE examination.

>>Bachelor's degree holders and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

>>And also Master's degree holders in any branch or equivalent and those who are in the final year Applicant Eligible for this exam.

>>Candidate in the second or higher year of the four-year Integrated Master's degree programme in engineering or technology.

>>Candidates in the fourth or higher year of five-year integrated master's degree programme or dual degree programme in engineering or technology.

GATE Exam Pattern:-
    The GATE Examination is consists of a single paper of the Three hours duration which contains the 65 question carrying a maximum of 100 marks.The question paper will consist of only objective type questions.

In All papers other than AE,AG,AR,GG,MN and TF, All the question are of multiple choice type.

In AE,AG<AR,GG,MN and TF papers the question paper will consist of questions of multiple choice type and also some questions of numerical answer type.

Each Gate Paper Shall have a General Aptitude Component Carrying 15 marks.

Further Information Please Go on Official Website:-http://gate.iitk.ac.in

aishh Array

GATE:graduate apptitute test in enginering
    a b.tech student is eligible to appear in gate exam who has completed b.tech with good %age. WITHOUT ANY BACKLOCK....
    SYLLABUS:
    syllabus is all b.tech syllabus + 12th syllabus...
    after clearing gate exam with at least 6/10 marks u can get admission in any college for m.tech...
    best of luck...

shivbaba Array

Eligibility for gate: 1) The candidate should be a Bachelor degree holder in Engineering OR Technology OR Architecture 2) 4 years after 10+2 3) If you are in the final year of the any of above course then also you can write GATE. 4) Computer Applications are also eligible 5) The Student should be a Master degree holder in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and even if you are in the final year of such programmes. SO BEST OF LUCK.......

.GATE Exam Pattern:-
    The GATE Examination is consists of a single paper of the Three hours duration which contains the 65 question carrying a maximum of 100 marks.The question paper will consist of only objective type questions.
    So, you should have a good command in some core subjects like ,

~ Pulse digital circuits
    ~ Digital communications
    ~ Optical fibre communications
    ~ Electronic devices and circuits
    ~ Electrical circuit analysis
    ~ Control systems
    ~ Digital signla processing

All the best.......

Unregistered

Ihave got 52%marks in h.s in PAM,AND HAVE got 70% marks in b.tech,will i be able to apper in GATE EXAM.i was an EE Student

JAIN198922 Array

eligibilty:

The following categories of candidates only are eligible to appear for GATE :
    • Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology / Architecture ( 4 Years after 10+2 ) and those who are in the final or pre – final year of such programs.
    • Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre – final year of such programs.
    • Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four – year Integrated Master’s degree program ( Post – B.Sc. ) in Engineering / Technology or in the third or higher year of Five – year Integrated Master’s degree program and Dual Degree program in Engineering / Technology.
    • Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC / AICTE ( e.g. AMIE by IE ( I ), AMICE ( I ) by the Institute of Civil Engineers ( India ) – ICE ( I ) ) as equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such Professional Courses are also eligible.
    ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

I am persuing to B.tech-M.tech(dual degree) in Computer Science branch (3rd year). Can i give gate exam?

Unregistered

i am doing BE in civil and now i am in pre final year ,can i eligible to write the gate exam

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is an all india entrance exam for admission in M.Tech post graduation degree in colleges though valid GATE Score and all india rank.ELIGIBILITY FOR GATE
    Candidate who are in final year of the following program or pass out candidate are eligible for GATE.
    4 year B.Tech in any branch,M.Sc in maths,physics,chemistry,electronics,
    5 year post graduation integrated circuit candidates are eligible.
    Age limit must be in betqeen 21-28 year.
    Candidate must score 50% in his university degree.
    GATE rank is valid for two year.
    You can get GATE BROCHER including the syllabus in the following website
    www.iitb.ac.in
    Best of luck for your exam.

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,

~GATE is a National Level Entrance Exam.
    ~GATE exam is conducted by Indian Institute of Science and Indian Institutes of Technology

ELIGIBILITY OF GATE EXAM:
    ~The candidates who want to appear in IIT GATE exam must have got Bachelor degree in Engineering or Technology or Architecture and also candidate who are in the final year of this courses can apply for GATE.
    ~Candidate who have MASTERS DEGREE IN Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Applications or appearing in final year of this type of post-graduation.

*For ECE GATE EXAM major topic of syllabus is following:
    Electromagnetics,Communications,Control Systems,Signals and Systems,Digital circuits,Analog Circuits,Electronic Devices,Networks,Transform Theory,Numerical Methods,Probability and Statistics,Complex variables,Differential equations,Calculus,Linear Algebra.
    You should visit:
    www.iitb.ac.in
    Regards,
    Dharmesh

Unregistered

Sir i have completed B.Tech in ece at 2008.can i apply for gate as optional mathamatics . can i eligible for M.Tech as mathamatics spelization.

Badshah Array

• GATE refers to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
    • It is an exam for entrance in the master courses of engineering field and various job offers in PSU.
    • Graduation in the science stream is needed to appear in the GATE exam.
    • Even final year students are also eligible for the exam.
    • Age limit -> 21 years to 28 years.
    • The score Card of GATE exam is valid for the period of two years.

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

You can give GATE exam after completing graduation with 60% aggregate in graduation good for you.

You can get a 60 % marks in B.tech than you get a IT sector companies jobs and after than you get a good

job in IT sector companies.GATE exam pattern has changed 2013 and gate exam notification date 30 sept

month.You can get first good marks in GATE exam than you get a good job after crack exam.GATE exam

is held 100 marks and 65 question has ask in this exam and after clear successfully you get a job and you

are ECE student of B.tech degree.GATE exam date in February month and result announced in March month.

GATE exam is a not easy so i suggest you ,you can join any coaching and other option you can doing 10 hour

study per day and your percentage not require in this paper and you do not have any backlog previous semester.

GATE EXAM PATTERN :-

GOOD LUCK

Ajaygupta123 Array

Dear aspirant,

-If you want to give GATE exam then you should be in B.Tech final year or B.Tech graduate form a recognised technical university.

-GATE is Graduate aptitude test in engineering. IF you qualify GATE then you will be eligible for admission in M.Tech program with scholarship.

-You will be given stipend if you do M.Tech from a AICTE approved college.

-GATE qualified candidates are also eligible for Junior research fellowship. IT will also help you in doing doctorate if future if you wish to do it.

BEST OF LUCK....

UtkarshBxr Array

Hello friend, The ISRO stands for Indian space research organization.This organization is recruiting the varies persons from different branches. ==== Eligibility criteria for the ISRO. 1. Person should completed the graduation in engineering from recognized university. 2. Minimum 60% aggregate necessary for applying. 3. Age limit 21 - 30 years. 4. Person should be from indian citizen. === Syllabus for the ISRO is purely related to the branch subjects.Candidate should be strong in the technical subjects. === Recruitment process for the ISRO is : 1. Written test. 2. Personal interview. === Website for the ISRO organization is http://www.isro.org === The final year ECE graduates are eligible for the ISRO notifications. thnkssssssssssssss....................

UtkarshBxr Array

Hello friend,

The ISRO stands for Indian space research organization.This organization is recruiting the varies persons from different branches.

==== Eligibility criteria for the ISRO.

=== Syllabus for the ISRO is purely related to the branch subjects.Candidate should be strong in the technical subjects.

=== Recruitment process for the ISRO is :

1. Written test.

2. Personal interview.

=== Website for the ISRO organization is http://www.isro.org

=== The final year ECE graduates are eligible for the ISRO notifications.
    thankssssssssssssss....................

manojrocker Array

• Hello friend

• All the candidates completed B.Tech, B.Pharm, B.Arch, M.Sc(Mathematics, physics, statistics, computers, electronics etc) can apply
    • The syllabus of GATE ECE branch is

• Engineering Mathematics :
    • Linear Algebra
    • Calculus
    • Differential equations
    • Complex variables
    • Probability and Statistics
    • Numerical Methods
    • Transform Theory

• ECE syllabus

• Networks
    • Electronic Devices
    • Analog Circuits
    • Digital circuits
    • Signals and Systems
    • Control Systems
    • Communications
    • Electromagnetics
    ​all the best

james786 Array

Hi,,

You should try the Following solution

And your career are better then You should complete your career are better

You can give GATE exam after completing graduation with 60% aggregate in graduation good for you.

You can get a 60 % marks in B.tech than you get a IT sector companies jobs and after than you get a good

job in IT sector companies.GATE exam pattern has changed 2013 and gate exam notification date 30 sept

month.You can get first good marks in GATE exam than you get a good job after crack exam.GATE exam

is held 100 marks and 65 question has ask in this exam and after clear successfully you get a job and you

later , with a good date rank you can apply for a job in different core companies .
    actually , you no need to write entrance exam for these comapanies , if you secure a good gate rank

-> BSNL
    -> BHEL
    -> IOCL
    -> ONGC
    -> SAIL
    -> GAIL
    -> MTNL
    -> NTPC , etc. . .

>>> this information hope your Problem are solve

That's it

ALL THE VERY BEST

+ Reply to Thread