Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in IIT-JEE ? Have i lost one chance if i have dropped one year for the preparation of IIT-JEE ?

I have just decided to drop one year for the preparation of IIT JEE so I am not giving IIT exam in my this year of passing the 12th, so did I have 2 chances left for IIT JEE or have I lost my one chance if I am born in the year 1995. Plz give me all details about age limit also.

Prince_Abby Array

Re: What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in IIT-JEE ? Have i lost one chance if i have dropped one year for the preparation of IIT-JEE ?

Hello Friend,
    You have Lost your One Choice by Dropping for the next year. You must have given IITJEE 2012 even if you were not ready for it. You might have gained some ideas about questions. My brother also did the Same. I do not know why you young people thinking so. Well now Go and get a Coaching and this time is your last chance, its a do or die situation. With Your Age its Ohk.
    Well the Eligibility criteria is you must be 12th passed with 60% minimum in PCM Subjects.

All the Best

bipin Array

Re: What is the eligibility criteria for appearing in IIT-JEE ? Have i lost one chance if i have dropped one year for the preparation of IIT-JEE ?

IIT JEE - Indin Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination

You can apply IIT-JEE though you have taken gap after 11th to prepare IIT. Also your age is now 17 years. So you are absolutely eligible to apply IIT.
    But you must score 60% in 12th then only you are eligible to apply. Other detailed criteria is given below.

IIT JEE Eligiblity Criteria

- To apply for IIT-JEE Examination, You have to passed your 12Th examination with minimum 60% Marks in Physics, Chemistry And Mathematics Subjects. But You can attempt IIT-JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

- Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for IIT JEE Examination.

- Your age must be in between 17 years to 25 years.

sameer007 Array

Dear friend,
    After dropping this year( as you mentioned its your 12th passing year) ,you have lost one of your chance for iitjee.
    You are eligible to appear in IITJEE next year with the condition that you should have got minimum 60% marks in 12th board.
    But i think this year you should appear for jee because at least by appearing you will know about the pattern and gain some confidence to appear in next year.
    best of luck for IITJEE 2013.

rr7 Array

IIT JEE - Indin Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination

You can apply IIT-JEE though you have taken gap after 11th to prepare IIT. Also your age is now 17 years. So you are absolutely eligible to apply IIT.
    But you must score 60% in 12th then only you are eligible to apply. Other detailed criteria is given below.

IIT JEE Eligiblity Criteria

- To apply for IIT-JEE Examination, You have to passed your 12Th examination with minimum 60% Marks in Physics, Chemistry And Mathematics Subjects. But You can attempt IIT-JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

- Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for IIT JEE Examination.

selvakumar Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have just decided to drop one year for the preparation of IIT JEE so I am not giving IIT exam in my this year of passing the 12th, so did I have 2 chances left for IIT JEE or have I lost my one chance if I am born in the year 1995. Plz give me all details about age limit also.
    Yes your eligible to apply for IIT-JEE Examination . if your drop one year IIT-JEE Examination . Every candidate may eligible for attempt two times . So, If your fail in Fist attempt then you may eligible to apply for another . If your already apply for this Examination , that will considered as first attempt . So, i suggest to prepare for this Examination with full efforts . So that you may crack the Examination with good percentage of marks .

The Minimum Eligibility Criteria to apply for this Examination the candidate should qualified in 12th standard in science stream from recognized university . You should score minimum 60% percentage of marks .

Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . The relaxation is given for sc/st candidates 55% percentage of marks .

Note :- Your age should be in between 17 years to 25 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidates . You should be physically as well as mentally fit for this Examination .

Syllabus for IIT-JEE Examination :-

~~ Physics
    ~~ Chemistry
    ~~ Mathematics

The Important Notification for IIT-JEE Examination may published in employment news papers and official website of IIT . To crack this Examination please once refer your 12th standard as well as 11th standard . That will so help to crack the Examination . Because most of question may based on the 12th standard books . You may also refer the previous years and find out the answer with your own efforts . This are let into success for this Examination .

As per the eligibility criteria your eligible to apply for the Examination please prepare well for this Examination .

All The Best !!!

adi_netgenie Array

IIT JEE====>>>>>>>>>>> Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination

It is the toughest examination in INDIA in Engineering field

it is an all India Level Examination.so you will face tough competition

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

You must have PCM(Physics Chemistry MAth ) combination in your 12th boards

you must have passed 12th or you must be appearing for 12th

age------17-25 years

minimum of 60% marks in HS (for general) and 55% marks in aggregate for SC/ST candidates

• YOu can appear for the exam consecutively two times
    • yes you can appear after giving 1 year gap in between HS and the exam

you need to prepare very hard
    give stress on Mathematics Physics
    practice MCQ as many possible and study analytical problem
    maths is very tough in IIT JEE

some reference books for you

PHYSICS
    H.C.VERMA

Chemistry
    ARIHANT BOOK OF CHEMISTRY
    KL Chug

MATHEMATICS
    TMH(TATA Macgraw Hill)
    Arihant Book of maths

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kullayappa Array

the eligibiity criteria for the IIT-JEE entrance exam is ,

-->> you should have passed intermediate with a minimum of 60%
    (you shoud have secured minimum 60% of marks in physics, chemistry and inmathematics)

-->> if you belong to sc or st categry , then you should have a minimum of 55% in your intermediate

-->> your age should notbe morethan 25 years

-->> you can attempt the exam only twice in consecutive years .

-->> your age should not be lessthan 17 years

so, if you satisfy this criteria , then you are eligible for the exam

all the best

Unregistered

i was failed in my 12th examination last year. this year also i was not prepared for iitjee so iam not attemp the jee. how many chances are left for me.

Unregistered

I have given 12th CBSE exam in 2012 but there is a gap of one year from 10th to 12th standard can i give 2nd attempt examination in IIT JEE 2013 i have already given 1st attempt in jee in 2012

Unregistered

i heard in news paper that minimum requirement for hsc marks is 50% is that true?

Unregistered

i got 55.8% in my pcm&also got 64% overall in2012 cbse examination .my first attempt was not so good in iit jee 2012 .am i eligible for iit jee 2013?
    i decided to give improvement in pcm so to increase my percentage so i f i give it &will get good marks in pcm.will i be eligible for iit jee2013?also tell me if i fill the form for next year i.e. for iseet 2013 then what should i write in the coloumn ,am i appering in 12th or passed my 12th? please reply it soon .i am totally confused.???????????????????????

Unregistered

I had given IIt exam in 2011!!!!!!!!!!! I was hoping to give aieee exam in 2013 but as there is only one exam jee in 2013 ..... so am i eligible to get apply for jee 2013!!!

Shaenma Array

Yes you have already lost one chance to give the exam. One can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. So you can give the exam in the next year. Don't think too much about the time left. Just give your best shot. Hope you get a good rank this time. All the best

Unregistered

i appeared for iit jee 2012 and acquired 55 in two papers but not get the rank this time and i thought to join coaching for iit 2013 . should i do?

muthupandiyan Array

Following ARE THE ELIGIBLE CONDITION FOR APPEARING IIT_JEE exam,

1)Must complete 12th std with 60% marks
    2)You must have the maths,Physics,Chemistry subjects in your 12th std.
    3)Your age must be 17 or above

After completing entrance exam you can join in following colleges,
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Delhi
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Kharagpur
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Madras
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Roorkee
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Kanpur
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Bombay
    • Indian Institute of Technology – IIT Guwahati
    • IT-BHU Institute of Technology – Banaras Hindu University

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

Am i eligible for IIT-JEE 2013
    if i passed QE in 2011 and i had not attempted IITJEE till now....??

aalarif Array

yes sir,you have lost one chance and this will be your last chance to give IIT exam for admission in undergradute B.Tech degree.
    the eligibilty criteria for IIT-JEE is that the student must have passed the Class 12 board exams with minimum aggregate percentage of 60% and 60% in PCM.
    and the age limit should be between 17-25 years.

choco28 Array

dear friend,

firstly i would like to inform you that you have lost your one chance for appearing in IIT
    and there is only last and the final chance left for you for IIT

its good that you wanna prepare for IIT
    and for that you are dropping your year
    but you should have given this year IIT also
    as it would have helped you to come across the pattern of the IITexam

but let it be
    as you want to the age limit of the exam

it is given below;

your age limit
    should be between 17 to 25 years

further more eligibility for the exam is
    you must be a citizen of India

you should be 12th passed from a recognised university with pcm as a compulsory subjects
    candidate appearing for the final exam are also eligible
    you should score minimum of 60% in pcm in 12th

Unregistered

i am a 12th passout for the year 2012 with 75 % from cbse and even had appeared foe jee but i want to take drop and give it next year , but as the new parten will only allow the 20% top student , so will i be aligible to give jee next year

Nathan Array

IIT-JEE:-Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination.

Oh sure,Your eligible for the IIT-JEE examination because you satisfied the IIT-JEE Examination eligibility Criteria so you are eligible for the IIT-JEE Entrance Examination.And this examination is conducted by Indian Institute of Technology and this examination score is accepted by

>>Indian Institute of Technology in Mumbai
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in chennai
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in Varanasi
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in Kanpur
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in delhi
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in Kharakpur
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in Roorkee
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in guwhati
    >>Indian Institute of Technology in Dhanbad

Required Eligibility Criteria for IIT-JEE:-

>>You should be complete the 12 th standard in science stream from recognized School
    >>You should be take in the subjects's like Physics,Chemistry and Maths.
    >>You should be take 60% of mark in the 12th standard.
    >>And who are waiting result in 12th standard candidates also eligible for this examination

NOTE:-For General and obc categories this candidate date of birth falls on or after 1/10/1988 are eligible to appear in the JEE-2013.For SC,ST and PD categories candidates who were born on or after 1/10/84 are eligible.so your age must between 17 to 25 years.

Syllabus For IIT-JEE:-
    >>Physics
    >>Mathematics
    >>Chemistry

All the best!!!!!!

sgvm Array

You are still having two chances left. Because, you haven't appeared for IIT-JEE exam ever before.
    A candidate can appear for IIT-JEE exam twice only which is consecutive.
    So, if he/she misses the second chance just after giving exam in first attempt. Then, he/she would not be able to appear in IIT-JEE exam anymore.
    For more information, you can visit :http://jee.iitm.ac.in/eligibility.php

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    If you have applied for the exam and not giving it now then you have lost one chance and have to give next year with no if and but...
    As IITJEE exam can be given two times in consecutive years....
    But if you have not filled up the form and then taking a drop after 12th of one year for the preparation then its fine, you have got two attempts for giving the exam..
    You should score minimum 60% in PCM 12th and your age should be in between 17 to 25 as the eligibility criteria to sit for IITJEE exam...

So prepare well and give your best with confidence...

All the best
    Raj@08

Raj@08 Array

i am a 12th passout for the year 2012 with 75 % from cbse and even had appeared foe jee but i want to take drop and give it next year , but as the new parten will only allow the 20% top student , so will i be aligible to give jee next year
    Hello,
    No you cant take a drop of one year in between two allowed attempts of IITJEE exam, You have to give in two consecutive years...
    So start preparing for it, you are an intelligent candidate with 75% in 12th and you still have one year time for its preparation, give your day and night for the preparation and score good rank...
    You will surely clear it this time, need not to -ve and underestimate yourself..

All the best
    Raj@08

kalyani bacchav Array

To apply for IIT-JEE Examination, You have to passed your 12Th examination with minimum 60% Marks in Physics, Chemistry And Mathematics Subjects. But You can attempt IIT-JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

kalyani bacchav Array

You should be complete the 12 th standard in science stream from recognized School
    >>You should be take in the subjects's like Physics,Chemistry and Maths.
    >>You should be take 60% of mark in the 12th standard.
    >>And who are waiting result in 12th standard candidates also eligible for this examination

NOTE:-For General and obc categories this candidate date of birth falls on or after 1/10/1988 are eligible to appear in the JEE-2013.For SC,ST and PD categories candidates who were born on or after 1/10/84 are eligible.so your age must between 17 to 25 years.

popeye Array

No you have not lost chance until you have appeared for IIT Exam , But remember that you have to attempt IIT Exam in consecutive year only after attempting first time.

You have to follow following eligibility criteria to apply IIT Exam :

- You should have Passed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with at least 60%. SC/ST Candidates requires only 55% marks for IIT exam.

- IIT-JEE provide only 2 attempts. And attempt must be completed in consecutive years.

- The age limits for general Category for appearing IIT-JEE is 19 years. For candidates belonging to SC/ST and PH categories age limit is 24 years.

You also give other entrance exams because if due to some reason you can not score in IIT Exam or you will not get branch or college of your choice then you can also take advantage of other Entrance EXams. Some Entrance Exams are as tough as IIT and College under that Entrance Exams are as good as IIT Colleges.

Some Entrance Exams other than IIT Exam :

VITEEE - VIT Engineering Entrance Exam

AIEEE - All India Engineering Entrance Exam

BITSAT - Birla Institute of Technology Engg. Entrance Exam

For more details information please visit the official website of IIT : http://www.iitb.ac.in

AKASH.BHALODI Array

Sorry my friend but you lost one chances for giving the exam because you drop one year after 12th .
    So that now you have only one chance for giving the exam .
    The criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should pass the 12th with PCM subjects from any recognized university .
    -> age must be between 17-25 .
    -> there are only 2 attempts are allowed to any candidate .
    So this is your last chance for giving the exam after that you will not allow , so prepare hard so that you will get a chance to pass the exam and get a good college .
    Good Luck

Milan Padariya Array

After dropping this year( as you mentioned its your 12th passing year) ,you have lost one of your chance for iitjee.
    You are eligible to appear in IITJEE next year with the condition that you should have got minimum 60% marks in 12th board.
    But i think this year you should appear for jee because at least by appearing you will know about the pattern and gain some confidence to appear in next year.
    best of luck for IITJEE 2013.

sreeswami Array

Hello sir........

To apply for IIT-JEE Examination,

You have to passed your 12Th examination with minimum 60% Marks in Physics, Chemistry And Mathematics Subjects. But You can attempt IIT-JEE only twice, in consecutive years.

Final year 12Th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for IIT JEE Examination.

The Candidate age must be in between 17 years to 25 years.
    You also give other entrance exams because if due to some reason you can not score in IIT Exam or you will not get branch or college of your choice then you can also take advantage of other Entrance EXams. Some Entrance Exams are as tough as IIT and College under that Entrance Exams are as good as IIT Colleges.

ALL THE BEST..........

Unregistered

i am a 12th for the year 2013 with appeard and even had appeared foe jee but i want to take drop and give it this year , but as the new parten will only allow the 20% top student , so will i be aligible to give jee next year

Unregistered

i am a 12th appeare for the year 2013 and even had appeared foe jee but i want to take drop and give it this year , but as the new parten will only allow the 20% top student , so will i be aligible to give jee next year

Unregistered

i am a 12th appear for the year 2013 from up and even had appeared foe jee but i want to take drop and give it this year , but as the new parten will only allow the 20% top student , so will i want apply iit jee this year

Ravi sharma Array

i am a appear 12th for the year 2013 with up board and even had appeared foe jee but i want to take drop and give it this year , but as the new parten will only allow the 20% top student , so will i be want jee this year

Ravi sharma Array

i want to apply this year for iit jee i m preperd 12th exam this year , so will i be want to take this year for iit jee

raoresult Array

hi friend ,

YES , YOU HAVE LOST YOUR FIRST CHANCE AS YOU HAVE NOT GIVEN IIT -JEE EXAM in the year of your 12 standard ,now you can only give once IIT -JEE exam in your life .

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT JEE ARE :-

1. You must be an INDIAN .
    2. you must have appearing in your 12 standard / have passed with 60 % marks in PCM in 12 standard if you a general categorised candidate .
    3. you must have 55 % marks in board exam if you are SC/ST/PH candidate .
    4. the age limit is 17-25 years .
    5. you can only give IIT -JEE TEST 2 consecutive times .

SO this is your LAST CHANCE to crack your DREAM ,so do it next year , now work hard for it.

ALL THE BEST

THANKS

raoresult Array

HI FRIEND ,

i am very sorry to inform you that you have lost your 1 ATTEMPT FOR IIT-JEE as you have mentioned about your dropping out year ,now , you have only one last attempt next year .So , study hard and crack your IIT-JEE in 1 attempt .
    Here i am giving ELIBILITY CRITERIA for IIT-JEE ,as follows :-

1. you must be appearing /heve passed 12 exam with min. 60 % if you are a general/OBC categorised candidate.
    you must be appearing /heve passed 12 exam with min. 55 % if you comes in SC/ST/PH category .
    3. your age limit must be 17-25 years .
    4. you will get only 2 consecutive attempts .

so, try hard and ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR FUTURE .

THANKS

YESHU Array

Hello,
    No you cant take a drop of one year in between two allowed attempts of IITJEE exam, You have to give in two consecutive years...
    So start preparing for it, you are an intelligent candidate with 75% in 12th and you still have one year time for its preparation, give your day and night for the preparation and score good rank...
    You will surely clear it this time, need not to -ve and underestimate yourself..

All the best ................

learn Array

dear friend,

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology

eligibility for IIT

candidates should have passed his/her 12th from a recognised university
    candidates should have pcm as compulsory subjects

age should be between
    17 to 25 years

no.of attempts allowed for appearing in IIT
    is maximum for 2 times in consecutive years

but from 2013 onwards a new exam will be conducted in the place of IIT and AIEEE which will be known as ISEET

this exam will consist of 2 papers
    • mains
    • advanced
    both papers will be conducted on the same day

and weighatge given to each exam will be 30%
    and 40% weightage will be given to 12th marks

overall perfomance in mains,advanced and 12th
    will only decide candidate's selection

this exam will be conducted twice a year by CBSE

subodh1014022 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    YES, you lost your 1st attempt try to do better in 2nd attempt.
    IIT(indian intitute of technology) india's premier technical institute for engineering studies,every year entrance exam held for taking addmission in this institute , the name of the exam is IIT-JEE. this exam held in the month of april probably in the first week.

now regarding the eligibility criteria for this exam:-

-the candidate must passed or appear in class 12th .
    -regarding the age limit:- 16-21yrs.

no: of attempts:-

the candidate have two consecutive attempts (that is when they are in class 12th(1st attempt) or when they passed class 12th(2nd attempt)).

so, all the best for your future....

akash2 Array

Dear
    IIT JEE Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam.
    >>The new pattern for iit will have two exams-mains and advanced exam.
    >> A necessary condition to be eligible for iit-jee is that student should be in top 20 percentile of his or her board. And will vary for different boards.
    >>The final rank will depend upon on the performance in the advanced exam, provided a student is in the top 20 percentile of his or her board.
    >>You can attempt IIT JEE twice in consecutive years. first time in the year of passing qualifying examination and in its next year.
    best of luck.................

balu123 Array

Dear all,
    The age limit for exam is 16-21 years of age.
    The eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE & AIEEE has been changed from 2013.
    Attachment 5706

According to this new system, two examinations will be held for admission into IITs and NITs.
    First, all the students need to appear for Mains exam.
    From the
    mains exam a total of top 1,50,000 were taken.
    For these 1,50,000,
    advance exam is conducted.

On the basis of Rank in advance exam, you will get seat in IITS & NITS.
    To get seat in IIT, you need to be in top 20 percentile of your bord and get good rank in Advance exam.

If you are in top 20 percentile of your board, then you can write the exam.
    Otherwise, you will not be eligible to join IIT irrespective of your rank in Mains and Advance exams.
    All the best

nit.gang11 Array

Sorry friend if you don't give IIT exam this year you will lose your 1 chance anyway.The eligibility says that you can give eexam in the year passing 12 and a year later to that.
    So,it's my suggestion to give exam even if you are not prepared .This will be learning experience for you.You will know your peers and mistakes ,you will get a experience of that environment,the question pattern,your current performance and will guide you to your future preparation.

Regards....

raoresult Array

hello friend ,

As you have mentioned that you are not going through IIT-JEE this year ,then it means that you are LOSING YOUR ONE CHANCE for being appear in IIT-JEE .

eligibility criteria :-

1. you must be appearing in 12th class / may have passed 12th class with minimum 60 % marks in (PCM ) ,if you are a general/OBC categorised student .

you must be appearing in 12th class / may have passed 12th class with minimum 55 % marks in (PCM ) ,if you are a SC/ST/PH candidate .

4. you can only apply for IIT-JEE twice in the twoconsecutive years .

ALL THE BEST

THANKS

raoresult Array

HELLO FRIEND ,

iit.jpg

SORRY , YOU HAVE LOST YOUR ONE CHANCE AFTER DROPPING FOR ITT-JEE AND NOT GIVING THE EXAM THIS YEAR .

YOU HAVE ONLY ONE LAST CHANCE LEFT .

eligibility criteria :-

1. you must be appearing in 12th class / may have passed 12th class with minimum 60 % marks in (PCM ) ,if you are a general/OBC categorised student .

2.you must be appearing in 12th class / may have passed 12th class with minimum 55 % marks in (PCM ) ,if you are a SC/ST/PH candidate .

4. you can only apply for IIT-JEE twice in the twoconsecutive years .

ALL THE BEST

THANKS

sandeepsaini.saini522 Array

hi,
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IIT-JEE: -

1. A candidate pass 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

2. Age - 18 Years to 21 Years for General candidates, 18 Years to 24 Years for OBC candidates and 18 Years to 29 Years for SC / ST candidates.

3. A candidate can appear in the IIT-JEE two times only.

4. A candidates appearing in 10+2 examination can also apply for IIT-JEE.

Good Luck

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    Yes you are eligible for IITJEE exam.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR IITJEE
    Candidate must pass 10+2 exam from recognizing board with subjects PCM.
    A candidate must scred at least 60% in overall in 10+2 exam.(55% for SC/ST/OBC/PH students).
    Age of the candidate must be 17-25 years old.
    A candidate can at most attempt twice the exam.
    You can sit for IITJEE in your 2 attempts.
    Best of luck.

shars Array

hello,

eligibility for iit-jee: candidate must bornon or after oct1 1987 to eligible.

@a candidate of general an dobc require 60% aggregate in 10+2.

a sc/st candidate- 55% in 10+2.
    @exam should have to given in two consective years so you have lst one chance of aaplying for the exam.

you have to work hard to acheive in one attempt.

all the best

Unregistered

hello,i m dropper i have given iit 2012 i have 94% in board but 123 in iit i want to know that whether iit 2013 new pattern is good to me or nat regarding iit mains 40%

aroy8091 Array

dear friend

yes you have lost your one chance if you are dropping one year, without giving iit jee examination. You have last chance remaining give your 100% & get a good rank in it.

Eligibility criteria for iit jee examination:-
    • must completed your 12th std from any recognized board
    • final year students can also apply
    • you have chance of two consecutive year.
    • age must be between 16-25 years

all the best .................

With best regards from aroy8091.....................

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Any Question?