Unregistered

What to do after 12th to become an IPS Officer?

i have completed my 12 standard from commerce stream, but i want to become an I.P.S OFFICER (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE). i always wished to become an I.P.S officer. what are the requirements and what should i do next. i really dont know what to study for it, my sisters are telling me to do BJMC [BACHELOR IN JOURNALISM (MASS COMMUNICATION)] its ok for me...i can do it..but being an ips officer is something proud and honour worth.

Mr.N Arora Array

Re: What to do after 12th to become an IPS Officer?

Dear candidate to become an IPS officer after 12th standard you are required to be a graduate to do IPS officer.

ELIGIBILITY:-

1.Qualification: Minimum a graduate or a final year candidate irrespective of caste/tribes from a recognized University in any discipline can write Indian police service examination.

2.IPS is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

3.Age: Gen; 21-30 years.OBC: 21-33.S.C/ST: 21-35 years.

4.Attempts: A Gen. can get 4 attempts and Obc 7 attempts.Others no limit, to clear the IPS exam.

Thank you,

Varam Array

IPS means Indian Police Service, for which UPSC conducts the written exam.

One has to clear the civil service exam conducted by UPSC for entering into this field.

To attempt this exam, you need to have a degree from recognized university as your basic qualification is 12th now, you are not eligible to give this exam, but after completion of your degree you can give this exam.Eligibility conditions are as follows:

Educational eligibility: Any degree from recognized university.

Age criteria:

Minimum:
    21 years

Maximum: 30 years.

This is applicable for general category.

There is upper age relaxation as follows

3 years for OBC.

5 years for SC/ST & Ex servicemen

10 years for PWD.

Exam Pattern :

1.Preliminary exam

2.Mains

3.Personal Interview

No. of Attempts:

General: 4

OBC: 7

SC/ST: No Restriction

Badshah Array

• After the completion of class 12th, you should have to proceed for the graduation.
    • There will not be any boundation of stream, so you can proceed for any bachelor degree from an recognised university.
    • For IPS officer, you should to have to appear in the civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC.
    • Your's age limit have to be between 21 years to 30 years.
    • Age relaxations will be given only to the reserved category as per the central government.
    • Firstly have to appear in preliminary exam, then the main exam and at last interview.

ranjeet250490 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i have completed my 12 standard from commerce stream, but i want to become an I.P.S OFFICER (INDIAN POLICE SERVICE). i always wished to become an I.P.S officer. what are the requirements and what should i do next. i really dont know what to study for it, my sisters are telling me to do BJMC [BACHELOR IN JOURNALISM (MASS COMMUNICATION)] its ok for me...i can do it..but being an ips officer is something proud and honour worth.
    Hi

It seems that you are very very excited about being an IPS (Indian Police Service) Officer. Its indeed one of the most reputed and worth honor positions for anybody to work at. The salary is also very high and the post is very powerful..
    So talking of the minimum Eligibility Criteria's to become the IPS Officer, I would say that you should be a minimum graduate in ANY stream from ANY of the recognized college or universities in India with good passing marks.

You should not be failed in any subject and should be a clear pass.
    Next your age should be within 21-30 years for GEN, 21-33 years for the OBC and 21-35 years for the SC/ST..
    Talking of attempts, 4 for GEN, 7 for OBC and Unlimited for the SC/ST people..

Thus you can take it up once you are complete with your graduation but certainly you cannot take up IPS Exam if you are only in Class 12th. So better take up graduation and then in your final year onward you can apply for such entrances. Make sure you prepare well as its quite tough..

To know more, Click Here to visit the UPSC Official Website..

Hope this helps
    All the best
    Regards
    RANJEET

EALPmember Array

Dear,

After +2 with commerce, you should get admission in good college for BCom course.
    For IPS exam, there is no marks cutoff, but I would suggest that you should try to score atleast 60% in
    Graduation and start the preparation for IAS from 1st year so that you have sufficient time to prepare
    and improve.

I am saying to score at least 60% because, in many govt exams, eligibility cutoff has been made 60% and in the worse
    scenario, if you couldn’t get success in IPS exam, then it would be difficult for
    you to get job in other govt areas like Railways, Banks, PSU Companies.

Let me give you details about eligibility and exam pattern then it would be easy to prepare:
    Eligibility:

- Age should be 21-30 years for general catgory. Relaxation of 3 years is given to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.

- General category candidates can give 4 attemps, OBC-7 and SC/ST candidates can appear for unlimited times
    till their age expires.

Exam is conducted in 3 Phase:

Phase 1 includes qualifying round(which has questions from English and from 1 more language of your choice) and Preliminary round
    (General Knowledge questions).

Then comes Mains exams which will have questions on any 2 papers opted by you and if qualified then
    you’ll be called for the final interview.

randhirk.rk Array

If you want to become an IPS officer, you have to give the UPSC CIVIL Services Exams.
    This exam is conducted by UPSC each year
    This exam is held in three satges- Prelims, Mains and Interview.

This exam is held to fill posts in 24 government Departments like:
    Indian Administrative Service. (IAS)

Indian Foreign Service. (IFS)

Indian Police Service. (IPS)

Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group A

Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group A

Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group A

Eligibilty to sit in this exam is

Educational Qualifications= > Graduation pass in any Stream

AGE- Minimum 21 years
    Maximum 30 years
    Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

So, First complete your Graduation and than apply for the Civil services Exams

Hi friend, Array

* IPS - Indian Police Service...!

* You cannot apply for IPS after 12th...!

* You have to complete your graduation first of all in any discipline...!

* To become an IPS , you must appear for UPSC civil services exam...!!

* To appear in that, you must meet some requirements...!

* You have to be a citizen of India....!

* You have to be a graduate in any discipline from any recognised university....!!

* You have to be in the age limit 21 to 30 years of age...!

* The age limit and no. of attempts are tabulated for you below my friend...!!

Criteria/caste OC BC SC/ST PH
    Age 21-30 21-33 21-35 21-35
    Attempts (Maximum) 4 7 No limits (any) No limits (any)

* After completing graduation and fulfilling the requirements, you can appear for UPSC civil services exam..!

* You can apply online at www.upsc.gov.in

Greehita Array

Firstly you should know that , to appear for the IPS exam , you should satisfy the minimum eligiblity criteria

Eligibility criteria:-

1.The applicant should have completed graduation
    2. The applicant age should be in between 21-30 years , if he/she belong to open category
    3.The applicant age should be in between 21-33 years , if he/she belong to obc category
    4. the applicant age should be in between 21-35 years , if he/she belong to sc or st catergory
    5. the applicant must be a citizen of india

so, you should complete Graduation from any Descipline university to appear for the IPS exam

world war 3 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    to became a IPS officer , first you have to clear the civil services exam and for that you have to eligible to sit for this exam, and the eligibility criteria is given below:-
    1. the candidate must have graduation degree in any stream with minimum of 55% aggregate marks scored in the graduation level.
    2. regarding the age criteria :- for gen category 21-30 yrs.
    for obc category: 3 yrs. age relaxation
    for sc/s category: 5 yrs age relaxation
    3. the candidate must be the citizen of india .

so, if any candidate fullfill the above eligibility criteria, then he/she will be able to sit for the exam , so first complete your graduation then after apply for this exam..

all the best..........

JMS Array

Dear Friend,

The first step to become an IPS officer is to complete a graduation in any discipline from any recognized college in India.

So you may choose any degree course that will help you clear IPS ie something related to law or history.

Also there is an age limit of 30 years.

Prepare well for the exams.

Wish you all the best.

RECORD Array

as you are in 12th now , you cannot become an IPS officer now as you are not eligible with the present qualification.
    to become an IPS officer graduation is compulsory , so you should go further studies and complete graduation.

now after graduation you will have to appear for the IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC .
    to be eligible for this exam you need to satisfy the criterion's mentioned below-

Citizenship needed-
    you should be an Indian citizen.

Education Qualification-
    you should have completed graduation any stream from a recognized college/university.
    a degree from open university is not eligible and neither a degree from correspondence..
    there is no such graduation score needed , so you can apply with any score.
    you can also appear for the exam even while in the final year of graduation.

Age limit-
    the age limit for the exam is of 21-30 years.
    there is age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST category belonging candidates.

to become an IPS officer there are some physical standards as well to be satisfied.
    their are certain height and chest standards as well to be satisfied.see below-

the procedure of selection is as follows-
    1.first you will have to clear the preliminary exam.
    2.then the mains exam will be conducted
    3.on clearing the mains exam you will be called for the interview.

for more details visit- www.upsc.gov.in

good luck

Aayna Array

Dear Aspirant...

You are a 12th complete student so first you complete graduation and than give a IPS

entrance examination.You can doing preparation side by side is a good for you.You must

be graduate than eligible for write a IPS exmination.Your age limit should be 21 to 30 years.

You can give a 4 times in this IPS exam.You get a relaxation for reserved category.

Good luck

Anil 7893 Array

Hai friends ..............

If you want to become a IPS

You must have complete you +2.

Eligibility:

Educational eligibility: Any degree from recognized university.

And you must have 21-30 years.

Age relaxation is 3 years for the OBC and 5 years for the SC/S

Talking of attempts, 4 for GEN, 7 for OBC and Unlimited for the SC/ST people..

Exam Pattern :

1.Preliminary

2.Mains

3.Personal Interview.

So, first you take Any degree from any recognised university then you can apply for IPS

But you must do hard work for get this .............

All the best

Sen Soma Array

After Graduation pass,you can apply for IPS officer exam.

Eligibility criteria for IPS officer exam :

>>Graduation pass from any recognized university.

>>Age is between 21-30 years
    ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.
    OBC
    gets 3 years age relaxation.
    PWD
    gets 10 years age relaxation.

Selection process :

>>Preliminary exam
    >>Main exam
    >>Interview

Attempt :

>>4 for General
    >>7 for OBC
    >>No limit for ST/SC

Condition :

>>You must be a citizen of India.

Physical ability :

Exam pattern :

You can check here for details ...............

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck !

exam only way Array

Dear Friend...

IPS stands for Indian Police Srvice.
    this Exam is held under UPSC...

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission:

This Exam is Held to Fill following Post...

Indian Administrative Service
    Indian Foreign Service
    Indian Police Service
    Indian P&T accounts and Financial Service Group A
    Indian Audit and Accounting Service Group A
    Indian Revenue Service Group A

ELIGIBILITY

EDUCATION: Must be Graduate From Well recognized university/college

AGE and NO OF ATTEMPTS:

CASTE General OBC ST/SC
    AGE 21-30 yrs 21-33 yrs 21-35 yrs
    NO OF ATTEMPTS 4 times 7 times No limit

NATIONALITY: Indian

Conclusion: you have to first complete your graduation to join Indian Police Service...

Hope this will help you
    All the best

REGARDS...

EQUINOX Array

Hi buddy

Glad to know that you want serve the country by joining Indian police.

To become an IPS (Indian Police Service) officer, first you need to be a graduate in any discipline. So make sure to complete your graduation and also keep preparing for it as it is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) it is hard to crack.

*********************** BEST OF LUCK ***********************

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

To become an IPS officer, you will have to appear for Civil Services Examination.

This exam is commenced by UPSC every year for the recruitment of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc.

Upcoming Exam will be commenced on 19 May 2013.

Notifications along with Online Applications will be out on 2 February 2013.

You can apply for this exam Online through this site: http://upsconline.nic.in

Eligibility Criteria of IPS Exam:

Qualification:

You must have completed Graduation from any recognized University.

You can also appear for this exam, if you are in final year of your Graduation.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3

For OBC: 7

For SC/ST: No Restriction

Stages to Qualify Civil Services Exam for becoming IPS:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

Physical Standards required in Civil Services Exam for IPS:

Height:
    For Males: Minimum height is 165 cm,
    For Females: Minimum height is 150 cm.
    Other than General Category Candidates, minimum required height is 160 cm for Male and 145 cm for Female Candidates.

Chest:
    For Males: Minimum 84 cm, and should be expandable up to 5 cm
    For Females: Minimum 79 cm, and should be expandable up to 5 cm

Some of the best books for the preparation of Civil Services Exam are:

General Studies for Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by TMH
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 900

Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper - 1 and 2 (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 777

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Manohar Pandey
    Publisher: Arihant (2012)
    Price: Rs. 684

S0903 Array

Hi,

Sorry dear you are not now eligible to become IPS officer

After graduation you can go for this

Eligibility criteria

You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Exam form and not more than 30 years of age

You must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India or
    Other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University

Candidates who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary examination provided they furnish their proof of degree while filling the Mains form.

thank you

mk.gohel Array

hi friend,

IPS stands for Indian Police Service

A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline (B.A, B.com, B.E ) with at lest 55% from recognise universities....

Final year students are also applicable...

Age Limit:

1. General category student:- 21-30 years.
    2. OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
    3. SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.
    No. Attempt:

1. General - max. 4
    2. OBC - max. 7.
    3. SC/ST - No limit.
    all the best

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hello Friend,

To join IPS(Indian Police Service) you should Posses some qualifications.
    After 12th you cannot Join IPS though Civil Service Exam.
    You should have minimum of a degree or graduation in any stream(b.tech or b.com or B.E etc..) with minimum of 60% in any recognized college/university
    Your age should be between 21-30 years if you belong to General category
    21-33 years for OBC candidates
    21-35 years if you belong to Sc/St category
    You must be an Indian citizen or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan

Selection procedure:
    Preliminary Exam
    Main Exam
    Interview.

Thank you.
    All the best.

lakshmi dhana Array

===================================

I salute your bravery to serve our nation.

The minimum qualification for UPSC exam is undergraduation.

So,do your under graduation in any discipline after 12th after which apply for UPSC exam.

For details:-www.upsc.gov.in

My best wishes.

GURU_JI Array

Hello friend

It is good to see you interested in IPS (i.e. Indian Police Service). IPS is for those who are very strong hearted and have a desire to serve their nation. IPS officers are generally selected through Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Here talking about your question, I am providing with all the details about educational qualifications and eligibility to appear for this exam.

Educational Qualifications and other Eligibility Criteria:

>> As you have already completed your 10+2, now you should aim for completion of your graduation at the earliest. Without graduation you won’t be able to appear for the exam.

>> As you are from commerce stream I would suggest you to do B.Com (3 years courses) from a recognized college/university. After completion of your B.Com you can sit for Civil Service Exam.

>> Talking about age limits, those candidates whose age is between (21 years – 30 years) can surely apply for this exam.

>> Relaxation age is also provided for SC/ST/OBC candidates:
    OBC: 3 years relaxation
    SC/ST: 5 years relaxation

>> Talking about number of attempts, general candidates can have a maximum attempt of 4, while 7 for OBC candidates and no limit for SC/ST candidates.

Hope this was helpful. Anyways, all the best for your career!!
    Regards,
    Sandeep

madhu6 Array

Dear Friend,

The first step to become an IPS officer is to complete a graduation in any discipline from any recognized college in India.

So you may choose any degree course that will help you clear IPS ie something related to law or history.

Age Limit:

1. General category student:- 21-30 years.
    2. OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
    3. SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.
    No. Attempt:

1. General - max. 4
    2. OBC - max. 7.
    3. SC/ST - No limit.
    all the best

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?