Unregistered

What are the details and scope of BAMS course?

hello sir i've completed my 12th and now pursuing my BAMS course. I want to know the scope for it in panchkarma. Can i do mba in hospitality management after that if yes waht r career prospects fr that? or shall i go for civil sevices like medical officer???? can i give MPSC exam? wat subjects shall i choose fr it?plz help me out im really confused.....

satyendra mudgal Array

Re: What are the details and scope of BAMS course?

world is shrinking in this condition skill and knowedge of incident india get raviving bams is perheps u can do wait until u finish degree and u will be better employed than mbbs and i want to tell u one thig that mbbs is not acceptable without licencing test but by bams can get even migration in austrelia and besides this u can do preparation of ias rank
    best of luck

Hasham Array

Firstly get out of confusion..
    its good that u are pursuing BACHELOR OF ALLOPHATHIC MEDICAL SCIENCES (BAMS) .BEING FRANK IT MAY NOT HELP U AS U MAY NOT GET UR MARK AS A DOCTOR.
    U WILL BE RESTRICTED TO SMALL TREATMENTS.
    PANCHKARMA IS SOMETHING RELATED TO AYURVEDA AND YOGIC SCIENCES. IT IS DRAWING A GREAT DEMAND PRESENTLY AS THERE IS LESS COMPETETION
    SECONDLY MBA HOSPITALITY MGT IS A RARE COURSE AND IS WELL FURNISHED FOR PERSONS LIKE U.
    HYDERABAD CENTRAL UNIVERSITY
    SRM UNIVERSITY
    IGNOU
    APPOLO INSTITUTE
    OSMANIA UNIVERSITY
    OFFERS MBA IN HOSP MGT.

THIRDLY U CAN EVEN BECOME MEDICAL OFFICSE WITH LESS CHANCES AS MPSC MAY ASK MBBS DEGREE FOR MEDICAL OFFICER. FOR DETAILED INFORMATION JUST LOG ONTO MPSC WEBSITE AND APPLY

LEAVE CONFUSION TAKE UP A BETTER PROFESSION

m.khushhal Array

Hello..
    MBBS is best option for medical students but B.A.M.S. is also good..B.A.M.S. degree holders are eligible for registration in the Central/State government ayurvedic boards.... Their status is at par with any other medical graduates in India..... They are eligible for appointments in Central or State Govt. Ayurvedic Medical Services.....

subodhk1014@gmail.com Array

The BAMS degree is four and a half year of academic curriculum in Ayurvedic college, Ayurvedic Hospital and Medical Hospital. After completing this degree, BAMS ayurveda doctors get compulsory one year of Internship in Ayurvedic Hospital, Medical Hospital and rural area.
    So the minimum period of BAMS degree is five and a half year.

ritwizb Array

There are areas in which you can specialize .Its up to you in which area you want to go.You can opt for clinical research.it is expected to be the next boom after IT industry in India because foreign pharmaceutical companies are outsourcing their clinical research activities to india.Yes,you can give exams of UPSC,MPSC.Better for these exams,you choose your subject.Yes,you can do MBA in hospitality.The career prospects is very good.

tenzinphuntsok Array

In todays world Ayurvedic courses like panchkarma are becoming more and more interesting and many students are looking to make it a good career option.After completing your studies you could join ayurvedic hospitals as jounior doctor, even you could open your own clinic .

If you want to go for MBA in hospitality management courses you could do that also ,because its one of the booming industry.

You can also go for the Civil Services . all the best.

King Array

According to me and to the best of my knowledge bams degree holders are eligible for registration in the Central/State government ayurvedic boards.Their status is at par with any other medical graduates in India.They are eligible for appointments in Central or State Govt. Ayurvedic Medical Services.Its up to you in which area you want to go.You can opt for clinical research.it is expected to be the next boom after IT industry in India because foreign pharmaceutical companies are outsourcing their clinical research activities to india.Yes,you can give exams of UPSC,MPSC.Better for these exams,you choose your subject.Yes,you can do MBA in hospitality.You can wait until you finish degree and you will be better employed than mbbs and i want to tell you one thig that mbbs is not acceptable without licencing test but by bams can get even migration in foreign countries.You have a bright future indeed.Go for it.
    BEST WISHES.

arun199011 Array

The BAMS have more scope in medical post MBBS is best option for medical students but B.A.M.S. is also good..B.A.M.S. degree holders are eligible for registration in the Central/State government ayurvedic boards.... Their status is atpar with any other medical graduates in India

raji Array

bams- bachelor of ayurveda, medicine and surgery... ayurveda is one of the oldest course in indian from ancient time hence it has great scope .. u can practice as a doctor too it is very helpful.. or as u saying u want to do mba u can also do mba ...
    and u can get jobs in civil services after doing bams also and u can even try for mpsc upsc..

mpsc u choose those subjects which are easy for u ''

all the best

ANKIT Array

Talking Re: What are the details and scope of BAMS course?

i just want to give u a simple advice my dear,u only focus on ur BAMS............the last year of the course clear all your confusion.... because that will the right time to decide where u will go through your knowledge and attitude.
    my all best wishes for u n happy new year

Lks Rcs Array

hi ,
    BAMS (BACHELOR OF AYURVEDIC MEDICINE & SURJERY)

DURATION OF THIS COURSES :

- 5 1/2 YEARS

ELIGIBILITY :

- candidate must complete 10 and 12th in
    recognized board

- candidate must scored minimum
    50% percentage of marks

SUBJECTS KNOWN :

- maths
    - science
    - chemistry
    - biology
    etc........

COLLEGES ARE :

- INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCE
    - SRI SAI AYURVEDIC MEDICAL COLLEGE AND HOSPITAL
    - UTTRANCHAL AYURVEDIC COLLEGE
    - KMCT AYURVEDA MEDICAL COLLEGE
    - DR. B.R.K.R GOVERNMENT AYURVEDIC COLLEGE

etc..........

In the above colleges are few things are to be given
    there are lots of colleges are having BAMS .

all the best for your career.........

Unregistered

plz tell me about mpsc exam for bams doctor

Unregistered

after completing Bams i want to do ( Mba in hospitality ).....pls tell me how to apply for it & its scope

Unregistered

Sir I Want to know the scope if BAMS . . . Can BAMS doctor do allopathic practice. . ?

Unregistered

which course is better wrt job and good salary?? B.U.M.S or B.A.M.S?????

Unregistered

sir or mam i just pass my 12th class and i have a confusion that if i do bams or drop a year for mbbs preparation plzzzzzzzzzzzzz tell me as early as u possible

Unregistered

i wants to be ias.i am doing bams.what is the procedure for ias exam..? which subjects i should choose..?

siddjain93 Array

Dear friend,

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and surjery . This course is widely accepted and very popular in India as well as abroad. The duration of course is five and half years. It is undergraduate course. This course is offered by various colleges and universities in India. In this course you will come to learn about various types of medicines available in Ayurvedic.

Eligibility Criteria :

You should have passed 12th class with science stream having Physics , Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects in 12th. You must have minimum 50% marks in 12th for getting admission in BAMS course.

Colleges offering BAMS course-

1. KMCT Ayurveda Medical college.

2. Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Gaya.

3. Institute of Medical Science BHU.

4. Uttranchal Ayurvedic college.

5. Sri Sai Ayurvedic Medical college & Hospital.

6. Dr. B.R.K.R Government Ayurvedic college.

After BAMS go for post graduate diploma in clinical research (pgdcr) or Msc in clinical research. You can also open your own clinic and can earn good money by serving the patients. You can also try in various hospitals.

Ajaygupta123 Array

Dear aspirant BAMS is having very good scope you just do it from a good college. Now people are turning towards ayurveda because allopathy is having some disadvantages like side effects.Scope of ayurveda is good in future so study well and acquire knowledge then only you will become a good doctor.BEST OF LUCK....

shars Array

hello,

BAMS is an Ayurveda STUDY, AFTER COMLETION OF BAMS DEGREE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR BOTH CENTRAL AND STATE MEDICAL AYURVEDIC SERVICES.

AYURVEDA INDUSTRY IN INDIA HAS GAINING MORE IMPORTANCE AS OF ALLOPATHY. YOU ARE FOR MEDICAL OFFICER EXMM ALSO. IF YOU WANT TO GO FOR HIGHER STUDIES YOU CAN DO MS IN AYURVEDDA.

YOU CAN ALSO HAVE A OPPOURTUNTY OF DOING MBA IN HOSPITAL MANAGEMENT.

YOU CAN GIVE STATE COMMISSION EXAMS RELATED TO MEDICAL OFFICER FIELD.

aroy8091 Array

dear friend

bams stands for bachelor of ayurvedic medicine & surgery. It is a under graduate courses. Candidates get their admission after 12th std.there are various colleges in india which are providing these courses. In this course , candidates are learning about various types of medicine from ayurvedic.

Eligibility criteria :-
    • you must have completed your 12th std with physics, chemistry & mathematics as compulsory subjects. Minimum qualifying marks for this course is 55% in 12th std.
    institutes offering bams course:-
    • kmct ayurvedic medical college
    • institute of medical science
    • uttaranchal medical college
    • ayurved mahavidyalaya

all the best..................

With best regards from aroy8091.................

randhirk.rk Array

Min eligibilty to sit in the UPSC civil services exams is Graduation pass.

Since you would be completing your BAMS which is a bachelors degree
    you would be eligible to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Exam.

Age Limit is between 21-30yrs for general category and relaxation of
    3yrs for OBC candidates and by 5yrs for SC/ST candidates.

The no.of attemps in general category is 4 times ,OBC 7 times & SC/ST
    candidates have unlimited attempts.

UPSC Civil Services Exam Procedure:

UPSC Civil Services Exams are conducted in 3 stages--
    1.Prelims/CSAT-consists of Paper 1 & Paper 2.
    2.Mains Exam-are attempted by candidates successful in prelim exams.Choose an optional subject and prepare well to clear mains.
    3.Interviews-candidates have to clear the interviews which is a pesonality test to be in the final merit list.

A good rank is important to choose amongst the top posts of IAS,IPS,IFS,etc.There are 24 other posts to which candidates are
    selected through UPSC like revenue department,indian postal services,etc.

The prelims exams is common apttitude test in which two papers are there which is common to all applicants general studies and general mental ability

regarding the mains choose the subject in which you have good knowledge and which you can understand easily

sandeepsaini.saini522 Array

hi,
    Dear aspirant BAMS is having very good scope you just do it from a good college. Now people are turning towards ayurveda because allopathy is having some disadvantages like side effects.Scope of ayurveda is good in future so study well and acquire knowledge then only you will become a good doctor.BEST OF LUCK

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine And Surgery is known short name as B.A.M.S.
    ~B.A.M.S. Is 5 and half years course which include One year internship programme.
    ~Indian Ayurvedic Education observed by the central council of indian medicine.
    ~Once candidate complete B.A.M.S. Programme then he/she knows as ayurvedacharya.
    ~The syllabus of this programme is combined of modern medicine and traditional ayurveda.
    ~Scope of this course is good because there is no side iffect of this types medicines if used properly.Medicines are harmless too.
    Make your bright future in this field as you are interested.
    Regards,
    Dharmesh

Unregistered

can i apply for medical officer post after doing BAMS?

rajpurohitt Array

Friend,

B.A.M.S =>> Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery.

Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery(BAMS) is a graduate degree.The program is having a duration of 4 and Half Year Excluding a one-year internship program.
    If you Complete your BAMS Graduation degree then you can practice any where in the country. You are qualified to register in the Central State Government Ayurvedic boards.
    The syllabus of this course is a mixture of integrated topics of modern medicine and traditional Ayurveda. Many institutes in India offer the program.

The basic qualifications for this course is that you must complete your 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Biology Subjects.you must complete your 12th Class from recognized Board.
    The minimum age limit is 17 years.

Entrance Examinations:

AYUSH
    CET for Ayurved
    National Institute of Ayurveda Entrance exam

Job Titles:

Nutrition expert
    Physician
    Physiotherapist
    Ayurvedic Supervisors
    Ayurvedic Consultants
    Surgeon
    Teacher

Best Colleges In India :-

R A Podar Ayurved Medical College, Maharashtra

Ayurvedic & Unani Tibbia College, Delhi

Institute Of Medical Sciences, Uttar Pradesh

National Institute of Ayurveda - Jaipur

Gujarat Ayurved University - Jamnagar

Shubhdeep Ayurved Medical College And Hospital - Indore

Best of Luck.........

AnujR Array

The areas which are available for a BAMS graduate to build a career successfully can be broadly classified into the following five categories:

Clinical practice
    Academic
    Research
    Management and administration
    Drug manufacturing

After your completion of B.A.M.S ( Bachelor In Ayurveda Medicine Science ) there are several other short term courses where you can purse an extra qualification other than P.G .

Here i am giving some of the important courses which you can pursue after B.A.M.S

M.D ( Ayurveda )
    M.S ( Ayurveda Dhanvantari )
    M.D ( Ayurved Vachaspathi )
    M.S ( Ayurveda )
    M.D / M.S ( Ayurveda vachaspathi )
    Ayurvedic Pharmacy
    M.D Strirog & prasoothi tantra
    Hospital And Health Management Course - Mumbai
    DGO in Ayurveda in Maharashtra.

So these are some of the related fields where you can go after B.A.M.S , but in my view you must do P.G for the bright future as you can do it by correspondence while you can do practice.

Unregistered

my name is ankit .........i wanna doing bams .......so can i know bams fee and best collage in up.......pls pls pls tell me sir ......pls pls pls .............. sent details for my email id .... my id is nktvrm5@gmail.com and my ph. no. is .........09808171916

Unregistered

which is better bams or bhms? wat is future after doing this?

james786 Array

hi,,

YOU SHOULD COMPLETE YOUR COURSE FIRSTLY

THEN AFTER CHECK HOE YOU SHOULD COMPLETE YOUR COURSE AND EXAM ARE GIVEN IT'

sO YOU SHOULD GIVEN THE BETTER EXAM ARE IT

IN THIS CASE YOU HAVE THE BEST OPTION ARE CAN BE GIVEN THIS EXAM ARE IT

SO YOU SHOULD JUST FOLLOW IT

NOT GET UR MARK AS A DOCTOR.

U WILL BE RESTRICTED TO SMALL TREATMENTS.

PANCHAKARMA IS SOMETHING RELATED TO AYURVEDA AND YOGIC SCIENCES. IT IS DRAWING A GREAT DEMAND PRESENTLY
    AS THERE IS LESS COMPETITION

SECONDLY MBA HOSPITALITY MGT IS A RARE COURSE AND IS WELL FURNISHED FOR PERSONS LIKE U.

HYDERABAD CENTRAL UNIVERSITY

SRM UNIVERSITY

IGNOU

APOLLO INSTITUTE

OSMANIA UNIVERSITY

OFFERS MBA IN HOSP MGT.

I HOPE THIS INFORMATION ARE USEFUL

THAT'S IT

ALL THE BEST

k.uma Array

Wink Re: What are the details and scope of BAMS course?

DEAR FRIEND,

List of Job opportunities for BAMS course:-

1.Assistant Medical Officer,

2.Life Science Industry,

3.Health Community,

4.Clinical Trials,

5.Research Laboratories,

6.Teaching in Ayurvedic Institutes,

7.Ayurvedic Pharma Industry,

8.Pharmacist at Govt Ayurveda Dispensaries,

9.Research Laboratories,

10.Sales Excutive in Ayurvedic Pharmaceutical Companies.

Higher Education:-

1.MR Ayurveda,

2.Ayurvedic Pharmacy,

3.MD Ayurveda,

4.MR Ayurveda Danvantari,

5.MS/MD Ayurveda Vachaspati,

6.DGO in Ayurveda,

7.MD Ayurved Vachaspati.

LIST OF TOP COLLEGES IN INDIA OFFERING DEGREE IN BAMS COURSE:-
    1. Shri Gangadhar Shastri Gune Ayurved Mahavidyalaya.
    2. Rajiv Lochan Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital.
    3. AVRFA College of Ayurveda.
    4. Ashwini Educational Associationís Ayurved Medical College & PG Centre.
    5. Shri Maru Singh Memorial Mahila Ayurvedic College.
    6. Shri Krishna Government Ayurvedic College.
    7. Major S D Singh Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital.
    8. Lalit Hari State Ayurvedic College.
    9. Government Ayurvedic College & Hospital Varanasi.
    10. Shri SSMD Ayurvedic College & Hospital.
    11. Government Ayurvedic College Patiala.
    12. Desh Bhagat Ayurvedic College & Hospital.
    13. Dayanand Ayurved College & Hospital.
    14. SGM Ayurvedic & Unani Medical College.
    15. Swami Kalyan Dev Government Ayurvedic College.
    16. Aligarh Ayurvedic & Unani Medical College & Hospital.
    17. Sri Sai Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital.
    18. Sham-e-Ghausia Minority Ayurved Medical College and Hospital.
    19. Government Ayurvedic College and Hospital.
    20. Lal Bahadur Shastri Government Ayurved Mahavidyalaya.
    21. Government Ayurvedic College Paprola.
    22. Chaudhary Devilal College of Ayurveda.
    23. Himalayiya Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital.
    24. Uttaranchal Ayurvedic College.
    25. Ayurved Mahavidyalaya Gaya.
    26. Jammu Institute of Ayurveda & Research.
    27. Ayurvedic & Unani Tibbia College.
    28. Shri Narayan Prasad Awasthi Government Ayurvedic College.
    29. The Venkataramana Ayurveda College.
    30. Mai Bhago Ayurvedic Medical College.
    31. Anantha Lakshmi Government Ayurvedic Medical College.
    32. Rajiv Gandhi Rajkiya Government Ayurvedic Post-Graduate College.
    33. Dr NRS Government Ayurvedic College.
    34. Dr. B.R.K.R. Government Ayurvedic College.
    35. Suryamukhi Dinesh Ayurved Medical College & Hospital.
    36. Murari Lal Rasiwasia Ayurvedic College.
    37. J S Ayurved Mahavidyalaya.
    38. Government Ayurvedic College Ujjain.
    39. Bhartiya Sanskrit Prabodhini Gomantak Ayurved Mahavidyalaya & Research.
    40. Institute of Medical Sciences BHU.
    SO YOU CAN INTO ANY OF THESE INSTITUTIONS AND CAN PURSUE YOUR CARRIER IN BAMS .GO AHEAD AND PLACE YOUR FOOTSTEPS TOWARDS YOUR DESTINY.BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR FUTURE.

HAVE A NICE DAY

navjotsidhupamal Array

Hello friend,

-->>BAMS stands for Bachelor in Ayurvedic medicine and surgery.

-->>It is one of the graduation course in medical science.

-->>You have to complete your 12th with medical stream to go for it.

-->>Your marks from 12th must be more than 50% .

-->>You must have passed 12th from some recognized university or board.

-->>You have to give the entrance exams to get an admission into it.

-->>There are so many colleges for BAMS in Punjab for which you can go.

Ayurveda Colleges in Punjab

1.Babe Ke Ayurvedic College of Medical Sciences & Hospital

2.Dayanand Ayurvedic College, Jallandhar City

3.Desh Bhagat Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital

4.Government Ayurved Mahavidyalaya, Patiala

5.Guru Nanak Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital, Muktsar

6.Guru Nanak Ayurvedic Medical College & Research Institute

7.Mai Bhago Ayurvedic Medical College for Women, Muktsar

8.Saint Sahara Ayurved Medical College & Hospital

9.Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha Educational Society's Ayurvedic Medical College & Hospital

10.Shri L.N.Ayurvedic College, Amritsar

11.Shri SSMD Ayurvedic College & Hospital, Moga

12.Smt. Urmila Devi Ayurvedic College of Medical Sciences & Hospital

Medical Entrance Examination

1.National Eligibility cum Entrance Test NEET 2012 (NEET UG / NEET PG)

2.M.B.B.S Entrance Exams 2013 (Under Graduate Courses)

3.PG Medical Entrance Exams 2013 (Post Graduate Courses)

4.NURSING Entrance Exams 2013 (B.Sc. M.Sc. Admissions)

5.Dental College Entrance Exams 2013 (BDS and MDs) Admission Dates and Notification

Thank u!!

With Regards
    navjotsidhupamal

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hello sir i've completed my 12th and now pursuing my BAMS course. I want to know the scope for it in panchkarma. Can i do mba in hospitality management after that if yes waht r career prospects fr that? or shall i go for civil sevices like medical officer???? can i give MPSC exam? wat subjects shall i choose fr it?plz help me out im really confused.....
    Yes you may enrol for MBA - Hospital Management as a good option which will make you an administrator. Today the skilled hospital management professional are very limited in numbers against the growning demand.

Unregistered

Sir bams ka scope kaisa hai plz. Bataye sir.

Jambukiya Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hello friend,

>> Detail for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (B.A.M.S.)

- B.A.M.S. course that covers the study of the modern medicine and traditional ayurveda.

>> Educational Requirement
    - Candidate passed 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
    - Selection to the this course is based on marks in the final merit.

>> Course Duration
    - 5Ĺ Years.

>> Career option After completing B.A.M.S. course
    - Ayurvedic Pharmacist
    - Medical officer
    - Drug manufacturing
    - Clinical practice
    - Management

>> List of colleges offering B.A.M.S. course
    - Indian Institute of Ayurvedic Medicine and Research, Bangalore
    - Rajeshwari Karpurmath Memorial Ayurveda Medical College, Bijapur
    - J.S.S. Ayurveda Medical College, Mysore
    - College of Ayurvedic Medicine, Gwalior
    - Shri. Dhanvantari Ayurveda College and Hospital, Uttara Kannada
    - Sri College of Ayurvedic Sciences and Research, Bangalore
    - A.V.S. Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya, Bijapur
    - N K Jabshetty Ayurvedic Medical College and Post Graduate Centre, Bidar

All the best

Unregistered

i want to know that do BAMS have any gud scope ahead in future plz rply me as soon as possible ...

manojrocker Array

BAMS eligibility :

Educational qualififcation ;
    >>All the candidates must complete 12th from a recognised board.
    >>The candidates must have studied only biology stream

AGE ;
    >>The candidates must complete 17 years of age before 31st of december

Marks percentage required :
    >>For OC's 50% marks
    >>For BC's 45% marks
    >>For MBC's 40% marks
    >>For SC, ST's 35% marks

all the best

shine.com Array

Hello my dear Friend ...

B.A.M.S ---- BACHELOR OF AYURVEDA , MEDICINE , AND SURGERY

There is a Very Good scope for the BAMS students

You can find the employment in the areas like

<<>> Ayurveda Hospitals

<<>> Life Sciences Industry

<<>> Clinical Traits

<<>> Health Care Industries

<<>> Pharma Industries

<<>> Ayurveda Practitioner

<<>> Clinical Research

<<>> Nutrition Expert

<<>> Surgeon///
    ...etc.,

Generally B.A.M.S is a 5 and Half years Course which include one Year Internship program

There is a Good scope for it and there is no Side effect of this type of Medicines Properly

ALL THE VERY GOOD LUCK

kalyani bacchav Array

HELLO SIR

Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and surjery .

This course is widely accepted and very popular in India as well as abroad.
    The duration of course is five and half years. It is undergraduate course.

This course is offered by various colleges and universities in India.
    In this course you will come to learn about various types of medicines available in Ayurvedic.

Eligibility Criteria :

You should have passed 12th class with science stream having Physics , Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects in 12th.

You must have minimum 50% marks in 12th for getting admission in BAMS course.

ALL THE BEST >>>>>>>>>>>

Unregistered

bams is vary good cours to a boy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?