Unregistered

Is there any online registration or offline form for CDS exam? How to prepare for this exam?

i m in tybsc (zoology),
    i m passed in 12th with 51% (with maths and physics),
    i want to give CDS exam,
    but i dont know to give exam what to do ?
    is there any online regestrarion for exam, or i need to fill up any form (like bank exam) ?
    will u please tell me what is the procedure to give exam ?

AND HOW TO PREPARE FOR CDS EXAM ?

please help me as urgent as u can.
    my name is nikhil mandekar
    my contact no- 97 6213 2563.

if possible please call me.

vikasjha39 Array

Re: Is there any online registration or offline form for CDS exam? How to prepare for this exam?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i m in tybsc (zoology),
    i want to give CDS exam,
    is there any online regestrarion for exam, or i need to fill up any form (like bank exam) ?

HI!
    Candidate pass the graduation with any stream are eligible for N.D.A exam.
    Candidates appearing in the final year exam are eligible for this examination
    Only unmarried male candidates with age in between 19-24 year are eligible for exam..

For more detali log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!

irasharma Array

Re: Is there any online registration or offline form for CDS exam? How to prepare for this exam?

[FONT=Tahoma]Dear detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications for CDS exam I are available on the website www.upsconline.nic.in. you are advised to submit only single CDS Exam I application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, you submits another / multiple applications, then you must ensure that application for CDS Exam I with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. Regarding preparation for this exam You can start your study six months before.you can also select some books for CDS prepration.but for eng. ur vocabulary portion must be strong.....i will suggest u to attend some coaching.
    You must solve all previous year question for CDS either from book oryou can search online too.For GK you should read daily newspaper.

[/FONT]

venkataprakash Array

Sorry to Say this you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination because this examination is only for final year candidates and graduate candidates.But you are eligible to apply for NDA examination and this examination is conducted for recruitment of Air force,Navy wings and Army this examination same like CDS examination.But CDS examination is graduation level and NDA examination Intermediate Level.

NDA Exam Details :-

To applying for NDA examination,the candidate must have completed their Higher Secondary Level(12th) examination or equivalent qualification from a recognized School and final year of 12th examination may also eligible to apply for this examination.Age should be between 16.5 years and 19 years and Unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination.

Army :- 12th examination in any desire subject.
    Navy & Air force :- 12th examination with Physics and Mathematics in their examination.

Exam Pattern & Syllabus of NDA :-

CDS Exam Details :-

To applying for CDS examination,the candidate must have completed their bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized University and final year of graduate degree may also eligible to apply for this examination.Age should have a minimum 19 years and maximum 25 years and the age limits is differ from Post to Post.

Military & Officer Training :- Graduate degree in any desire subject.
    Navy & Air force :- Graduate degree or Bachelor's of engineering or equivalent qualification.

Exam Pattern & Syllabus of CDS :-

This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

The application forms are available in two modes :- 1)Online 2)Offline

Online Application :- http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Offline Application :- The application form are available in various designated post offices through out the country against Cash payment of Rs. 30/- or 50/-.

Muthulakshmisankar Array

Use the "Application for Registering as a student for the Foundation Programme (CS FP)", enclosing support for educational qualifications and the prescribed fee. The application may be sent to the regional council/office directly or handed over to the nearest chapter of the institute.Certificates to be Furnished

Attested photocopies (Original Certificates need not be sent) to be sent along with the application for registration:
    • Proof of Minimum Educational Qualifications

Marks sheet of (10 + 2) or Intermediate or equivalent as a proof of minimum educational qualification.
    Students registering Provisionally

A student registering provisionally for the course need to submit only the proof of having made an application for the 10+2 examination (hall ticket) or any other similar proof to substantiate his status as a 10+2 student writing his/her final exam.

Prospectus/Application - Cost, Where to obtain/submit?

The institute has regional offices in all the four geographical regions (North, South, East, West) of india for the purpose of handling the administrative tasks. All the aspects relating to students except conduct of main examinations are monitored and tracked by the regional councils. So for any details in relation to the student/candidate one should contact the regional council under whom he/she is initially registered.Where to Obtain the prospectus/application for registration?

You can obtain the prospectus containing the registration application,if you intend to register for
    • Postal Coaching conducted by the Institute

1. at the offices which work directly under the institute i.e. the Head Office or Regional Offices
      2. at the Chapters of the institute which are managed by the respective professionals of a locality
    • Oral Coaching imparted by the centers authorised by the institute

1. At the coaching center itself.The coaching center may have an additional application (relevant to that center only), to be submitted along with the application for registration
    You can also obtain the applications from the Institutes Head Quarters, Regional Offices, Chapters.
    Cost of Registration Application/Prospectus

The prospectus of the institute contains the application for registration along with it. The cost of Application or Prospectus for Registering for the Foundation Programme level/course:
    • By Hand - Rs. 200
    • By Post or courier - Rs. 250The payment can be sent by demand draft drawn in favour of ‘The Institute of Company Secretaries of India’ payable at New Delhi, to ‘ICSI HOUSE” 22 Institutional Area, Lodi Road, New Delhi 110 003.
    Where to submit the registration application?

You can submit the Registration Application,if you are registering for
    • Postal Coaching conducted by the institute

at the Regional office relevant to the location you specify as the address for communication (generally your place of residence)
    • Oral Coaching imparted by the centers authorised by the institute

at the coaching center itself.
    All the applications, wherever they are submitted, would be sent to the relevant regional office/council wherein the data relating to the student is maintained.
    Downloading Applications

The institute has provided applications online which you can download, print and use.You can download the Registration Applications from Application Download Page
    Onilne Registration

The institute has provided facilities for registration through online payment.You can access the Registration Page here.

Registration Fee - How much, How/Where to pay, Installments

Registration fee is the total fee payable to the institute and it includes fee for registration as well as fee for imparting coaching (generally POSTAL Coaching) to be paid at the time of registration, by whatever name it may be called and into how many ever parts it may be divided into.
    • Postal Coaching: Rs. 3,600The breakup of the fee is as follows:
      1. Admission Fee — 1,200
      2. Postal Tuition Fee — 2,400
    • Oral Coaching: Rs. 3,500/-The Oral coaching fee is decided by the coaching center. The coaching center retains a part of the fee and only a part of it is sent to the institue as per the understanding it has with the institute. The fee charged by the orgal coaching center includes the registration fee as well as the oral coaching fee for the course.
      The fee may vary from one coaching center to another.
    Installment Facility

There is no provision for payment of CS FP registration fee in installments.
    • Joining an oral coaching center !!

The coaching center imparting coaching, may provide installment facilities at its own discretion.
      Please verify this from the coaching center you wish to get admitted to.
    Where to pay

The registration fee may be paid in the form of a D.D. or a challan as per the details provided in the registration application/prospectus and be submitted along with the application for registration.
    • Registering through an oral coaching center

If you are registering at/through any of the centers authorised to impart ORAL coaching for the course, then the fee may be paid at that coaching center where you are getting admitted, if they provide such a facility.

Registration Fee - Exemptions/Concessions, Refund

Exemption/Concession

Half Fee exemption/concession for students belonging to the Scheduled Castes/Tribes

Applicants belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are required to pay half (50%) of the fees only on furnishing an attested copy of the Caste/Tribe certificate along with application.Refund of Registration Fee

Once an application for registration is sent, no cancellation is possible.Note

If the applicant does not meet the minimum requirements for being registered for the course, the institute would reject the application. Only in such cases the instrument (D.D) he/she has used to pay the fee is returned back. The applicant can cancel the instrument and get the money back.Refund of fee paid is not possible under any other circumstances.

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Hi,
    CDS examination will be held in 12th feb 2012

CDS vacancy details:
    Indian Military Academy, Dehradun-250 posts: candidate should have graduation degree
    Naval Academy, Goa: 40 posts- should have a science Graduate or BE graduate
    Air Force Academy, Hyderbad: 32 posts-Graduate with physics and mathematics
    Officer Training Academy, Chennai: 175 posts-Graduate degree
    Officer Training Academy, Chennai(Women): 30 posts-Graduate degree

final year students can also apply

those candidate who are interested have to pay Rs. 100 /- in any branch of SBI (no charge for SC/ST) Student can download and register for online application for CDS exam 2012

AGE Limit is 17 to 22 years

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    sorry to say hat but you are not eligible for the CDS entrance exam as the minimum eligibility for this entrance is that you have to secure atleast 60% of marks in class 12th , but you scored only 55% of marks.......

all the best for another entrance exams.....

ranjith1438 Array

Hai,CDS(Combined Defence Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year i.e CDS-I, CDS-II.CDS has three wings:Indian naval academy,Indian military academy,Indian airforce,Officer training academy.Eligibility criteria:The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.Candidate should be a citizen of india.Being a final year candidate also eligible.Age criteria:For naval academy 19 years to 22 years,For airforce academy 19 to 23 years,For military academy 19 to 24 years,For Officer training 19 to 25 years.Selection procedure: Written test,Interview,Medical test.Application process:The application process is through online, you can register through online only.The official website is listed belowhttp://www.upsc.gov.inAll the best.date of notification :02-june-2012,Last date for receipt of applications: 02-july-2012,Date of examination :16-sep-2012.

Avtar1 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i m in tybsc (zoology),
    i want to give CDS exam,

Hello Friend,

For more information please see the attachment as a notification:

AND
    TO get detail information about CDS online filling of examination please see the link:-

http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

Here you will find online filling instruction , detail about going on notification.

thanks
    Attached Files

ashwak Array

You mentioned that , you have completed 12th with PCM , so , you ar eliglible for the NDA exam .
    But , you are not eliglible for the CDS exam

~~ Note that , CDS exam is for the candidates who have completed Graudation from a recognised university

~ So, with 12th as qualification , you can apply for the NDA exam now

If you want to apply for the CDS exam , then you should complete Graduation first .

After completion of Graduation , you can apply for the CDS exam to join Defence services

Details of CDS EXAM : -

CDS - Combined defence service exam

To apply for the exam ,

* The candidates should have completed Graduation from a recognised university
    * The candidate's age should be between 19-22 years , for NAVY
    * The candidate's age should be between 19-23 years , for Airforce
    * The candidate's age should be between 19-24 years , for ARMY
    * The candidate must be a citizen of india

Selection process : -

1) Written exam
    2) Interview
    3) Medical test

Exam syllabus : -

1) General knowledge - 100 marks
    2) General english - 100 marks
    3) Elementary maths - 100

Generally , this exam will conductw two times in every year by UPSC

The candidates can apply fro this exam in Online or in Offline mode

For Online MODE , go to the Following webiste for Applications

www.upsconline.nic.in

All the best . . .

adi_netgenie Array

CDS >>>>>>>>>>>> Combined Defence Services Examination
    It is a important exam for students who wants to join the Defence sector

~~ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA~~

Graduation or equivalent qualification from a recognized University
    final year of graduation can eligible to apply for CDS

Age Limit== 19 years--25 years
    * it is strictly depend on the post that you will be joining
    Physical fitness is required and it will be tested.If you are unfit, you will not be allowed

Military & Officer Training Graduate degree in any discipline
    Navy & Air force Graduation in Honours or Bachelor's of Engineering or equivalent qualification in any discipline

Application Procedure

Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100
    payment to be made in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using Net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/ Master Credit/Debit Card

Candidates can apply online here: http://www.upsconline.nic.

~~QUESTION PATTERN~~

• English
    • General Knowledge
    • Mathematics
    • Data Interpretation
    • Aptitudes

PREVIOUS YEARS' QUESTION PAPERS OF CDS http://www.successcds.net/engineerin...on-Papers.html

===================================http://www.successcds.net/bembbs.htm

~~Reference books~~

19201204045116.JPGA250.jpgpkars Combined Defence Services Examination.JPG

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hi Friend,

You have mentioned that you have just passed the 12th standard.But, you should no that to write CDS exam you must have minimum Graduation Degree from Science stream for Navy and Air Force and any stream for Army from recognized college/university.
    Your age should be between 19-23 years maximum
    You should be single Indian Citizen

If you satisfy the above conditions then you can apply for CDS exam
    There will be only Online Registration for CDS exam.No, offline registration.
    This online registration form will be there in UPSC website.
    http://www.upsc.gov.in
    You can go through this website for Online Registrations. Notifications are also released, please check.

Thank you.....

end of query Array

hi
    if you are interested in filling the CDS form. I need to tell you need to fill the CDS form online only.
    for filling up the form you need to go the official website of the upsc, that is www.upsc.gov.in
    after the registration is completed then you have to pay the payment in which there are two options, one is online and the other is offline. In the forst case, you can do the payment online only through the option of net banking or credit card. The other option is the offline method, in this method you need to go to the sbi bank and fill up the challan form and then prepare the demand draft of the requested amount and send it to the desired address.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello Nikhil,

CDS which is Combined Defence Services is a entrance exam for recruitment in the departments in Indian Air Force, Indian Navy, Indian Military academy, Officers Training Academy post. It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

ELIGIBILITY FOR CDS Exam

# Candidate must pass graduation from recognizing University.

# BE/B.Tech is necessary for the post of Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.

# Only unmarried Male candidate are eligible for apply.

# Candidate must be a citizen of India or Subject to Nepal or Bhutan.

# For Indian Military Academy candidate's DOB must be between 2nd January 1990 to 1st January 1995.

# For Indian Air Force candidate's DOB must be between 2nd January 1991 to 1st January 1995.

# For Indian Navy DOB should be in between 2nd January 1992 to 1st January 1995.

# For Officers Training academy DOB should be in between 2nd January 1989 to 1st January 1995.

SELECTION PROCEDURE

* Written Test.

* SSB Interview.

* Physical Fitness Test.

For CDS Application procedure is online. You Have to fill The form in
    http://www.upsc.gov.in

There is no Specific Book For preparing for CDS. You can follow any book of UPSC.

Thank You

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.

CDS Exam is conducted by UPSC every year twice.

UPSC releases only Online Application Forms for CDS Exam.

You can apply Online for CDS Exam through UPSC Online Web Portal i.e. http://upsconline.nic.in

Upcoming Exam will be conducted on 8 September 2013.

Notifications will be out on 25 May 2013 on the official site.

You will have to perform PART-I and PART-II Registration separately on the UPSC Online Web Portal.

PART-I comprises of your Personal Details and PART-II comprises of your Image and Fee Payment.

You can apply for any of the three wings of CDS i.e.

>> IMA and OTA Academy

>> Navy Academy

>> Air Force Academy

You must have Bachelor Degree for applying these wings of CDS Exam.

Also, you can appear for this exam, if you are in the final year of your Graduation.

For General Candidate, minimum required percentage in Graduation Course is 60%.

However, for reserved category candidates it is 55%.

Some of the good books for the preparation of CDS Exam are:

CDS Combined Defence Services Exam Includes 2012 Solved Papers Study Guide
    Author: GKP
    Price: Rs. 431

Combined Defence Services (Paperback)
    Author: P. Singh
    Price: Rs. 319

Study Package for CDS 1st Edition (Paperback)
    Author: Atul Bhardwaj
    Price: Rs. 377

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?