Unregistered

Which stream should I choose after 10th to become fashion designer?

i want to become a fashion designer but i don't like to study chemistry and physics so can you please help in taking a correct stream after 10th can take commerce for this ?

raji Array

Re: Which stream should I choose after 10th to become fashion designer?

see if u want to do fashion designing it better option to select stream which is easy for u so that u can focus on ur dream i thinks arts and commerece are better for u than science or u can also do home science.. if possible do diploma in fashion designing

all the best

ritwizb Array

Good morning,
    If you are willing to become a fashion designer then opt Arts as your stream after 10th.Because commerce has full of marketing,accounts & economics,may be for you its tough & you want to become a fashion designer then taking commerce is not a good option so,that for you Arts is best.

irasharma Array

friend, If you are interested to do fashion Designing course after 12th then you can take Arts stream in 12th no need to take scienve or commerce, as designing is an art and you must have an interaction towards art and creativity. After 12th you can appear for the fashion designing entrance exam. However you can take direct admission in any colleges. various institutes are conducting admissions like DIA, IDC, SAI,NIFT,North east institute of Fashion Technology, School of interior design, JJ school of arts, WLIC, JIMS etc that are providing Designing in the field of fashion, interior, textile, . You can join any of these as per your choice.

vijaymohan423 Array

HI, you are not eligible to do fashion designing course because the minimum qualification is 10+2 examination.
    And you should have minimum 50 % of marks in your 12th so better to study your 10+2 to do this course .
    All the best

subh.85sharma Array

hi..

there is nothing such like that u have to be a student of particular subjects in the 10, 12...but it would be better if u have arts as it will help u in bringing out your creativity..

but there are various designers who have done their graduation in Enginering..so dont worry..take a field of your choice & work hard in getting a good college after 12th..

veer Array

Hi friend,

Fashion designing is different from all streams relating Arts, commerce & science, Its background is totally different, minimum qualification for pursuing FD is 12th with good percentage.

Thank you.

ashok rks Array

After the completion of your 10th standard you can do fashion design course for becoming a fashion designer

Streams and branches in Fashion Designing
    Textile Management
    Textile Designing
    Home Textile Management
    Fashion Retail Management
    Fashion Design and Garment Construction
    Dress designing & Tailoring

Diploma courses are
    Diploma in Fashion Designing

Colleges for Fashion Designing
    Apollo Polytechnic College
    Aries Polytechnic College
    Alagappa Polytechnic College
    Andavar Polytechnic College
    C.S.I Polytechnic College
    Bharath Polytechnic College
    Bharathi Polytechnic College

happy to help u Array

fashion designing field does not matter the stream in class 12 you can choose arts or commerce as you mention you hate physic and chemistry then you go for the else stream but after the 12 tou have to apply for the exam of NIIFT this institution will conduct entrance exam and also interview on the bases of them they will give you admission and the streams does not matter.

suchetasharma5@yahoo.com

hi........after 10th u jz go for d most easiest dat is arts bcoz if u want 2 go for fashion desg..u shud paas 10+2 first
    focus on ur fd dream....
    after 10+2 go for diploma in fashion desg..u cn get direct admission in any of d college offering fd
    all d best

Nathan Array

FASHION DESIGNING

AFTER COMPLETION OF 10TH STANDARD YOU CAN DO FOR 12TH STANDARD AFTER COMPLETING 12TH STD YOU CAN DO FASHION DESIGNING COURSE FOR BECOMING A FASHION DESIGNER.

DIPLOMA COURSEIPLOMA IN FASHION DESIGNING

FASHION DESIGNING INSTITUTES:
    >>APOLLO POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    >>ALAGAPPA POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    >>BHARATH POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    >>BHARATHI POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    >> ARIES POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    >> C.S.I POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    >>ANDAVAR POLYTECHNIC COLLEGE
    ETC....
    BRANCHES OF FASHION DESIGNING:
    >>FASHION DESIGN AND GARMENT CONSTRUCTION
    >>FASHION RETAIL MANAGEMENT
    >>TEXTILE MANAGEMENT
    >>TEXTILE DESIGNING
    >>HOME TEXTILE MANAGEMENT
    >>DRESS DESIGNING AND TAILORING
    ETC.........

ALL THE BEST.

Immy28791 Array

Diplomaa in fashion designing after that you can join entrance exams for different fashion institutes like DAI IDC NIFT etc..

bipin Array

In the fashion designing field have the good future in this field and you are deals with the study of creating new styles and trends in the clothing and accessories market, influenced by the preferences. The main work of fashion designers is to develop new styles and products for clothing apparel and accessories by creating original designs or by adapting fashions to suit local conditions, trends and buyers.

The minimum eligibility criterion for the undergraduate course in this field is 10+2 with 50% marks. So you are free to choose any stream after 10th in which you have interest.

After 12Th you can write various entrance exams :

- NEED

- NID
    - NIFT
    - PAF
    - CEED

The top Fashion designing colleges are:

- National Institute of Design, Delhi
    - Pearl Academy of Fashion, Delhi
    - Amity School of Fashion Technology, Noida
    - National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
    - Inter National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi
    - Raffles design International, Mumbai
    - Apeejay Institute of Design, Delhi

subham21 Array

DEAR FRIEND,

FASHION DESIGNER'S ARE VERY DEMANDABLE IN THE MODERN SOCIETY.AS PEOPLE OPT FOR FASHION STYLE.

IT HAS A LOTS OF SCOPE ALL OVER THE WORLD & THE FACILITY & THE SALARY IS MUCH MORE.IF YOU HAVE INTEREST & IF YOU

WANT TO DO SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE THEN GO FOR IT .

AS YOU DO NOT HAVE INTEREST IN PHYSICS,CHEMISTRY SO GO FOR STREAMS LIKE ARTS OR COMMERCE WHICH SUITS YOU THE MOST.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA

1.UNDERGRADUATE FROM ANY STREAM IN 10+2 FROM A RECOGNIZED INSTITUTION.

AFTER 10+2 APPEAR TH EXAMS LIKE

1.PAF

2.CEED

3.NEED

4.NID

etc.....

BEST OF LUCK..........

adi_netgenie Array

fashion designing needs creativity......not any degree or certificate or any particular type of subject combination

if you do a little research you will find that many eminent designers from our country don't have so much of educational qualification or degrees.BUT THEY HAVE FAR SUPERIOR CREATIVITY and that's why they can compete in the international arena of fashion designing

YOU can CHOOSE ANY SUBJECTS OR STREAM YOU LIKE(IN 12th and 10th)........... those subjects or your stream of studies will not be a bar to your dream of becoming fashion designer..... so be free to choose the subjects you like

in my opinion you choose subjects which requires less labour....so that you can afford to give your time to the various creative things like drawing, painting, sketching designs etc and also prepare for entrance test to NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Designing )

you can join NIFT after 12th after cracking its entrance test.you need to prepare for it. and you need to increase your creativity as much possible.NIFT is the premier college in Designing in our country

for your benefit am sharing a link.you will find the list of all the Designing Schools in India along with their details on course,curriculum, eligibility and contact details here : http://www.designinindia.net/resourc...tes-india.html

WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!!!!

Manojkothiyal Array

Dear Friend,
    You can take up any stream i.e. science/ arts/ commerce for pursuing career in fashion designing.
    The minimum Eligibility criteria at undergraduate courses is 10 +2 in any discipline.
    You can opt for science or arts stream which will be a better option.

Some good institutes are:
    1) Army Institute of Fashion and Design
    2)Pearl Academy of Fashion
    3)National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
    4)The Jewellery Design & Technology Institute
    5)Punjab Institute of Textile Technology
    6)Mayura School of Fashion Technology
    7)Heights Institute of Fashion & Technology
    8)School of Fashion Technology Soft Campus
    9)National Institute of Design
    10)Government Institute of Garment Technology
    11)Northeast Institute of Fashion Technology

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    as you want to became a fashion designer , see in this field you get both money as well as glamour , and regarding the eligibility criteria for this course and all related quieries are given as below:-

- the candidate who apply for this course must passed class 12th with 60% minimum marks in +2 level...
    - regarding the age limit , the candidates age must be above 18 years .....

their are many institutes who provides this type of course , and the NIFT(national institute of fashion technology ) is one of them , it is one of the best institute for this corse , their is an entrance exam held every year for taking addmission to this institute ....

so, all the best, and keep doing hard work the success is your's.......................

p.k. Array

hii

To become a Fashion Designer , its not necessary that you should have particular stream in 10 + . You can choose any one like commerce , arts or other because for fashion designing 12th marks is required . so shoose what you want .

~~~ all the best ~~~

Neelam Nailwal Array

Dear Friend,

For persuing fashion designing there is no bar for any specific stream like science,commerce or arts.
    So if you wants to take commerce then you can as later on you can become a fashion desihner in future as per your interest.
    You need not to study physics & chemisry.

All the best.........

selvakumar Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i want to become a fashion designer but i don't like to study chemistry and physics so can you please help in taking a correct stream after 10th can take commerce for this ?
    If your aspiring to become an Fashion designer then you may apply for this diploma in fashion designing courses after 10th standard ,

~~ Diploma in Fashion Designing

~~ Diploma in Fashion and Interior Designing

~~ Diploma in Fashion Design and Merchandising

~~ Diploma in Fashion Design and Clothing Technology

To apply for this Diploma course you should complete 10th standard in any discipline with 50% percentage of marks from recognized university or Institution . The Admission for Diploma course is based on the percentage of marks in 10th standard . So , If your score good percentage of marks in 10th standard then you may get admission on the basis for merit list .

( Or )

If your interested to apply for 11th and 12th standard then you may choose any stream as you wish , Because any stream candidate may eligible to apply for Fashion designing course . After completing 12th standard you may apply for the course like,

~~ B.A in Fashion Design

~~ B.Sc in Fashion Designing

~~ B.Sc in Fashion and Apparel Designing

~~ B.Sc in Fashion Technology

To apply for this Bachelor degree you should complete 12th standard in any discipline from recognized university or Institution . You should score minimum 50% percentage of marks in 12th standard . To get admission for Bachelor in fashion designing course then you should have to qualified in entrance examination like, NIFT / NID / CEED with good percentage of marks . There many reputed colleges may accept this Entrance Examination score card .

If your interested to apply for this Entrance Examination then you should complete 12th standard in any discipline from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

sumit pandey Array

as you want to become fashion designer after 10 you have to chose either arts or commerce , arts being the best of them that can help you acheive your goals you have set in..

you should be 12th passed with 60% of marks
    age above 18 years...

NIFt is the best institue for this type of course.

So best of luck...

Buzz Array

To apply for this course must complete the diploma level 10 in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university or institution. This is based on acceptance of the diploma course in the percentage of marks in level 10. Therefore, if the result is your percentage of good marks in the level 10 then you may get admission on the basis of merit to the list.
    Or
    If interested to apply for standard 11th and 12th then you can choose any stream as you wish, because any candidate stream may be entitled to apply for the cycle of fashion design. After the completion of the standard 12th May Apply to cycle such as,

B.A in Fashion Design
    B.Sc in Fashion Design
    Apply for this degree must complete the standard 12th in any discipline from a recognized university or institution. Must be the lowest rate of 50% of marks in the standard 12TH. For admission to the Bachelor degree course in fashion design, then you should have a qualification in the entrance exam, such as, NIFT / NID / CEED with a good percentage of marks. There may be many prestigious colleges accept this test result card entry.

If interested to apply for this entrance exam then you must complete the standard 12th in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate may also be eligible to apply for this entrance exam.

sameer007 Array

To be a fashion designer after 10th you should join the course of diploma in fashion designing.
    If you want to join the fashion college after 12th then complete your 12th with more than 60% marks and then apply for the NIFT(National institute of fashion technology) entrance test and according to your rank you will get the NIFT college across India.
    Fashion industry is one of the fastest growing industry now a days and you have a bright future in it.
    So better to go by your choice.
    Best of luck.........

suresh727 Array

as you want to become fashion designer after 10 you have to chose either arts or commerce ,
    arts being the best of them that can help you acheive your goals you have set in..
    you should be 12th passed with 60% of marks
    age above 18 years...
    NIFt is the best institue for this type of course.

So best of luck...

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    If You have interest in fashion Designing, You have to take Art Stream in 12th apart from Science and Commerce. There are lots of Universities and entrance exams. Also you can have Direct Admission in any college. Few Best are as listed
    JJ School of ARts
    WLIC,
    JIMS
    You need to be creative in nature.
    All the Best.

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    you can go for commerce and prepare for the entrance exams of the various fashion institutes like NIFT, Pearl and many more...
    You can also choose arts but commerce will enable you to become more practical in life and make your calculations more stronger, which will help you in bargaining...

All the best

chandu6444 Array

dear friend,

When you are interested in mathematics ,physics & chemistry ,then you can option for MPC in intermediate.But if you are interested in biology subject ,you can go for BIPC stream .for BIPC stream ,you have very less options to build up your career successfully.

Whee as in mMPC stream it is very much helpfull for a bright career as there many career options for mpc background such as ,
    aeronautical engineering,
    nvironmental engineering ,
    automobile engineering,
    marine engineering,
    mechanical engineering ,
    meatallurgical engineering ,
    petrolium engineering,
    electrical engineering,
    nstrumental engineering,
    elecommunication engineering.etc....................

all the best.......................

Unregistered

I am 11 th class science student i score marks of 85% but i am interested in fashion disigning the most what to do

Unregistered

after class 1o which stream would be best for me to do fashion designing?? i am little confused to opt for hummanities or commerce..

Mr.N Arora Array

Dear aspirant after class 10th you are to opt science stream with the subjects PCM.

You are to clear 12th standard from the recognized board.

Next after 12th you are to face JEE under state/central level to get the best seat.

Join in fashion designing colleges through state/central/ counselling.

Thank You,

Unregistered

I want to become fashion designer so piz help me how i take my steps 1st?

eduforall Array

Hi,

If you want to become a fashion designer , you can opt for any subjects in intermediate as there is no requirement of any specific subject/s.

You can apply for –

Diploma course in fashion designing

Degree course in fashion designing

Entrance exams for Fashion designing –

All India Entrance exam for Design

NIFT

NID

Eligibility to become a fashion designer –

Intermediate pass from a recognised state or central board.

There is no age limitation to apply for this course.

Institutes offering Fashion designing course in India –

NIFT

NIFD

Amity University

NIILM University

IP University

Apple Publishing Technology Centre, delhi

Anil 7893 Array

Hello friends………………… ..

If you are intrested in science field then you choose MPC (or) BiPC in your 12th and after the complition of 12th you b.tech field in this field contain fashion design courses. So, you can choose that course and after the complition of your course you will be a fashion designer.
    (or)
    And choose any group in your12th, In your 12th you must have more then 50% after the complition of 12th you can select any course in degree like B.A in Fashion Design, B.Sc in Fashion Design.After you can choose masters also.

Here some good institutes for fashion designing course .
    NIFT,
    School of fashion designing .
    Pearl institute of fashion designing,
    Panjab institute of fashion designing.

All the best

hareramsingh Array

Friend you can take any stream for fashion designing after 10th

To getting in fashion designing institutes you have to sit in entrance exam after intermediate

Some of the exams are:

NIFT(national institute of fashion technology)

NID(national institute for designing)

CEED(common entrance examination for design)

PAF(pearl academy of fashion)

Top fashion Designing institutes in India:

national institute of design

pearl academy of fashion

national institute of fashion designing

Good Luck

HARSHADA Array

Hello friend,

There is good news for you!!!!

As you don't like to study Physics and Chemistry,

You can go for the streams like
    commerce or arts for graduation.

aftr 12th board exams you have to give following exams :

PAF

CEED

NEED

etc

After scoring good enough in these exams you can apply for the fasion designing course from the following institutes in India :

- National Institute of Design, Delhi

- Pearl Academy of Fashion, Delhi

- Amity School of Fashion Technology, Noida

- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi

- Inter National Institute of Fashion Technology, Delhi

- Raffles design International, Mumbai

-Apeejay Institute of Design, Delhi

Its a very nice decision to go for this course.

As this course is very interesting and unique. There is lots of scope for the creativity. also very nice future..!!

Congradulations you are absolutely on the right path as you choose the field that you like to work.

All the best..

Regards,

Harshada.

Jambukiya Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hello friend,

>> Dear, After 10th you can choose any stream in 12th your choice.

>> Educational qualification
    - 10+2 complete in any stream for recognized board with minimum 50% Marks.
    - Candidate have completed Bachelors degree so,candidate can post graduation degree in fashion designing from a recognised institute.

>> List of Course name
    - Professional Diploma in Textiles Design
    - Graduate Diploma Program in Textile and Apparel Design
    - Advance Diploma in Textile Design and Fashion Design
    - M.Tech in Leather Technology
    - B.Tech in Leather Technology

>> List of institute offering fashion designing
    - Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar
    - The Indian Management Academy, Bangalore
    - India International Trade Center, Pune
    - WLC College India, Vadodara
    - Vishwakarma Creative-i College , Pune