vidya85 Array

Procedure and qualification for admission in Merchant Navy?

i have passed my SSC exam. i would like to do carrier in marchant navy. so, what about procedure & Qualification for getting admission in merchant navy

aalarif Array

Re: Procedure and qualification for admission in Merchant Navy?

sir if you want to join Merchant navy you must have some specific qualification. A
    Qualification needed
    B.Tech in Marine engineering
    B.SC/B.Tech in any other branch with the 1 year technical pre-sea course
    For deck cadets course you can join after 10th certificate with the pre-sea DECK CADET course of 3 months.
    Path to Merchant Navy
    ELIGIBILITY/AGE LIMIT: Admission is open to both unmarried male and female candidates; age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year): those belonging to the SC/ST have this rule relaxed by about 5 yrs.

ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS Candidates need to show proof of completing 10+2 system or equivalent, having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics as elective subjects. Some of the Qualifying Examinations are as follows: - All India Senior School Certificate Examination of CBSE - Higher Secondary Examination (from any Central/State Board of Secondary Education) - Indian School Certificate Examination of Council of Indian School of Examination

For the merchant navy stream one can join after graduation if they have specialized in nautical science or marine engineering. You need to undergo a medical fitness test also for this. One of the main drawbacks of this stream is that you need to be away from land for long intervals.
    thank you.

Unregistered

i am passed SSC exam with 84%. I would like to do carrier in Marchant Navy. so please guid me, what to do

iGenius Array

HOW TO JOIN MERCHANT NAVY

Courses : Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck). To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping):-

Officers
    3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.

2 year course for Diploma Holders.

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.

Rating (Entry standard Xth)

4 month Pre-Sea Course for General Purpose (GP) rating.

3 month Pre-Sea Course for Deck rating.

3 month Pre-Sea Course for Engine rating.

4 month Pre-Sea Course for Saloon rating.

In addition, a candidate can join as utility hand or Petty Officers (Fitters) after completing 4 Basic Courses, i.e. FPFF, EFA, PSSR and PST.

Govt training Institutes : There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard :

Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

T.S. Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

Sadaf yasmin Array

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck).

To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping)

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy course

1. Unmarried male and female candidate are eligible .
    2. Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
    3. Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
    4. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

As an Officer:

3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.

4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.

2 year course for Diploma Holders.

1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.

3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.

Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -

A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,

2. Height = 167 cms,

3. Weight = 50 Kg

4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

There are four Government Training Institutes providing Pre-Sea and Post-Sea training of international standard:

1. Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.

2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata.

3. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai.

4. Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai

aishh Array

MERCHANT NAVY is most reputed and prestigious carrier available in India. it also offers smart salary package along wid adventurous environment.
    QUALIFICATION TO GET ENTRY IN MERCHANT NAVY:-
    *10+2 in PCM followed by 1 year pre-sea training as deck cadet.{ AGE LIMIT-BELOW 20 YEARS}.
    or
    *B.sc in nautical science in officer cadre leads to captain aftr 5-7 years of experience.
    or
    *B.tech in marine engineering.
    students qualifying b.tech in mechanical,electrical,electronics and telecommunication and naval architect have to undergo 10 months pre-sea training which is offered by many institute and port trusts..
    thanx.

Unregistered

I m sachin kumar verma i want to join merchant navy but there is a problem that i am a commerce student.I have done my 12th with 67% and i will completed b.com these year.
    Is there any chance to join merchant navy for me.
    please guide me and mail me on my id (sachintanju@gmail.com)

Unregistered

I am 16 year old and studing in 11th class[PCM]. I want guidline to make my career in merchant navy.

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,
    You join merchant navy after graduation complete B.tech then apply
    PROCEDURE OF MERCHANT NAVY:
    after 12th standard with 60% and complete graduation 60% marks .Age limit 20 years.You must be indian and unmarried .
    Three steps attend merchant navy exam
    1.Preliminary
    2. SSB Interview
    3.Physical test
    GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

I am sheetal ghai and want to join merchant navy .I am doing b.tech in IT department. My 12th percentage is 70%. I want guidline to make my career in dis field.
    (sheetal.ghai28@gmail.com)

Unregistered

i want to join this merchant navy but the problem is my 10 2 percentage is 56%

Unregistered

Now i am studying in plus one i want to join merchant navy pls tell me what i haue to do my id:thahseernv732@gmail.com

Unregistered

HIII.....i m vipin kumar i want to join merchant navy but there is a problem that i m a commerce student..i have done my 12th with 75%.and persuing my graduation.
    is there any chance to join merchant navy for me.

Unregistered

What is the minimum and maximum age for 12 passed students this year to join Merchant Navy by next year

Unregistered

respected sir i'm b.tech 4th year with mechnical student i want to join merchant navy but the problem is my 10 2 percentage is 48% sir can i apply in merchant navy please tell me
    digumehra@gmail.com

Unregistered

My name is deviprasad.i am bscit student ihave join the navi but my problem is my e
    ye will do not good

Unregistered

rspctd sir i\'m stdnt of 3rd year electronics branch i want to join merchant navy but problm is my 2 % is 55% can i apply\'. please rply me nitindahiya@gmail.com.how much % is rquird in b.tech.

Unregistered

i \'m diploma in civil engg can i join merchand navy after my comletion in diploma

Unregistered

Hi Sir I am a student of 3rd yr Btech Cse and I want to join merchant navy.So Sir can u tell me the procedure for admission in Merchant Navy?

Nisheeth Array

Hi I am a Student of 3rd yr Btech Cse and I want to join Merchant navy,So Sir can u tell me the procedure for admission in Mercahnt Navy?

Unregistered

Hi I am a student of 4th yr Btech in electrical n electronics engg. I want to join Merchant navy, so sir can u plz guide me the procedure for admission in merchant navy..

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ....

You follow the below procedure ..

>> The Eligibility for joining merchant navy is +2 with PCM

>> Admission is through the screening test and is followed by Interview

>> You should also need to complete a Ship - training course prior to the employment

>> Unmarried Male or Female Candidates are only ELIGIBLE

>> Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed ...

>> You must be INDIAN ...

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

after b.com can i apply for merchant navy. what is the eligibility criteria for the same.

AnujR Array

To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping)

You can join merchant navy through two fields:
    Nautical science and Marine engineering field
    Navigational fields
    Now since both the fields are different the eligibility for both of them is also different:
    now the field in which you should be interested is Nautical science and Marine engineering field as you can do this after 12 th.

Eligibility criteria for Nautical science and Marine engineering:
    You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

you must be Indian citizen.

Age limit for candidates is 16 years to 19.5 years while training.

If you are filling the eligibility criteria then you can go for the exam.
    In order to join the marine engineering you have to give the exam conducted by various institutes or you can opt for marine engineering in your engineering entrance exams.

Exam Syllabus : -

General knowledge - 100 marks
    General english - 100 marks
    Elementary maths - 100 marks

Selection Process:
    written exam
    medical tests

If you clear the exam then you will get admitted in the marine engineering course where you will get the training too.

Unregistered

I am finished with my engineering (electronics ) and currently doing job in IT company. Have an interest in Merchant Navy. Age is 24 as of now.What is the age limit and what will be the procedure to buld my carrier in merchant navy.Please help.

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->>> The Eligibility to get in to Merchant Navy are :--

>>> The Merchant Navy is a non-combat commercial fleet.The import and export business done by Government and other private companies are done with favor of Merchant Navy.It is a transportation of vessels,cargo's,tankers and heavy vehicles.

-->> The Eligibility for the Merchant Navy are :--

-- The Unmarried male and female candidate are eligible .

-- The Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.

-- The Candidate must have Age requirement is not more than 20 years.

-- The SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

-->> The Post In Merchant Navy are :--

-- Deck Cadets Post

-- Navigating Officers Post

-->> The Physical Eligibility for the Merchant Navy are :--

A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,

2. Height = 167 cms,

3. Weight = 50 Kg

4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

>> For More details you can go through the Website :--

http://www.nausena-bharti.nic.in/

http://www.educationinfoindia.com/marinefaq.htm

...........GOOD LUCK.......

Unregistered

hi i m studying btech in cse m in 3rd year.i want to join merchant navy after its completion,, is this possible .plz telll me at mratulverma@gmail.com thank you

omprakash_dhaker Array

You can join merchant navy after class 10th, 12th or even after graduation also.To join indian merchant navy after class 10th you must have min 40 % marks,class 12th you must have min 55 % marks.Two years ITI with min 50%After B.tech if you want to join then you must have min 60% marks in graduation.Following courses are offered-Three years diploma in nautical sciencesFour years degree program in marine engineeringFour years engineering degree in ocean engineering.two years master degree in nautical sciences/oceanic geology/ etc

k.uma Array

Cool Re: Procedure and qualification for admission in Merchant Navy?

HI FRIEND,

for joining merchant navy you have to complete your class 12th with PCM with min.50% marks.

Eligibility for Merchant Navy
    1. -Your age should not be more than 20 years.
    2. for sc/st 5 years of age relaxation is given so they can apply till 25 years
    3. -You must have completed your 12th from a recognized Education Board.
    4. -You must BE an Unmarried male/ female
    5. your eyesight should be 6/6 in both eyes without any problem
    6. the average Height required 157 cm.
    7. and The average weight required is 55kg
    OR

YOU CAN JOIN IT AFTER GRADUATING IN MARINE ENGINEERING,B.sc Nautical Science,M.E Marine Engineering:
    YOU CAN GO IN IT THROUGH UPSC EXAM ALSO

List of Institutions Offering Merchant Navy Courses In India are given below;

1. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) P - 19m Taratolla Road, Kolkata - 700 088.

2. Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033.

3. Ministry of Surface Transport (Govt. of India) Directorate General of Shipping, "Jahaz Bhavan", Ballard Estate, Opp. Indira Dock (Red Gate),Watched Hirachand Marg, Mumbai - 400 038.

4. TS Chanakya, Karaus, New Bombay - 400 706.

following are the various jobs available in merchant navy:-

.DECK OFFICER:

IT INCLUDES:
    captain,
    chief officer
    second officer
    third officer
    junior officers.

2.ENGINE DEPARTMENT:

chief engineer
    second engineer
    third engineer
    fourth engineer
    electrical officer
    junior engineers.

"all the best"

Unregistered

Hi I am a commerce student and done my graduation so I want to join merchant navy am I eligible for merchant navy?

AnujR Array

If you want to make your career in merchant navy then you will have to appear in an examination which will be based on your 10+2 study and if u are from non medical stream & the rest of the paper will be on general knowledge.
    The eligibility for joining merchant navy is class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Admission is through entrance followed by a screening test and a main written examination.

You should also need to complete a ship-training course prior to the employment. Various institute offers many course for admit into Merchant Navy.
    The course is generally short-term where the candidates are taught basic security concerns of voyaging.

You have to be unmarried Indian citizens (male or female). After clearing the test, there is an interview and a medical test. Normal vision is required but glasses up to plus or minus 2.5 may be allowed.

Thanks..

Unregistered

i m pursueing B.tech second year as a girl can i join Indian Navy now ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?