Unregistered

Procedure to join Merchant Navy after +2 (non-medical)? Is The J.Sons Institute of Meerut good for Merchant Navy course?

i did my 2 in non-medical now i want to join merchant navy after 2. what is the procedure?is the institute J.sons, Meerut good for the course for merchant navy?

Narendra kumar Array

Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after +2 (non-medical)? Is The J.Sons Institute of Meerut good for Merchant Navy course?

Class XII (PCM) students or higher can join the Merchant Navy for many courses
    Admissions for Courses is done throughout the year.There are three intakes in a year for all courses.
    1.January / February
    2.June / July
    3.October / November

Students have to undergo a 1 hour written test for English and Mathematics at our offices in Mumbai or Delhi.the j.sons institute of meerut is good...but there is also better options that about u will find on official web of merchent navy..
    http://www.mna.org.uk

best of luck

ritwizb Array

Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after +2 (non-medical)? Is The J.Sons Institute of Meerut good for Merchant Navy course?

After passing the 12th class, the candidates can join the Merchant Navy. About the entrance exam, it is necessary to clear the Entrance exams for joining merchant navy. An all India entrance Exam is conducted to join The Merchant in to various fields. The interested candidates can attend the test which is one of the most important competitive examinations which is held in the country.

The candidate should have taken science as the major subjects during the intermediate which include physics, chemistry and mathematics. The candidates should attend the written examination which will generally covers the area of subjects such as physics, chemistry and mathematics which has been studied in the 12th class level. The candidates should have secured at least 55% in the 12th class. Also the candidates should have completed the 12th class from the recognized school.The candidates can apply through the official website. The candidates who get short listed in the written examination will be called for the interview.

sameer007 Array

To be eligible to get admission merchant navy you should have minimum 55% in 12th ( 5% relaxation for the reserved class students).
    There are many maritime academies in India in which you can get admission after qualifying in their entrance exams.

Different courses available in marine colleges are-

diploma in marine engineering( 3years)
    Marine engineering ( 4years)
    B.sc nautical science.

Maritime academies in India-
    -TS chanakya ,Navi Mumbai
    -TS Rahmania , Mumbai
    -IMA , chennai

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    The procedure to join in Merchant Navy after completing 12th so as to become navy officer is, one needs to be atleast 12th Passed or diploma holder with minimum of 55%.
    There will be 2 years course for Diploma Holder and after successful completion you will join navy in either of the Deck, Engine or Catering Department.
    Yes the J.Sons Institute of Meerut is a Good option for you as it gives nice recruitment.

All the Best.

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    the merchant navy course is one the best career option for the candidates as it not only provides a good lifestyle but also a good salary as well , generally a merchant navy officer get rs. 45,000 as their starting salary and this salary will go upto rs. 1,50,000 , so for making career in this field their are certain eligibility criteria which are given as below:-

- the candidate must passed class 12th with atleast 60% marks
    - the age should not be more then 20 years...

and as far as J SONS INSTITUTE MEERUT is concerned then it is one of the best institute for this course ...

so, all the best ....

Unregistered

Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after 2 (non-medical)? Is The J.Sons Institute of Meerut good for Merchant Navy course?

pl tell me the date for 2012 to apply for indian merchant navy ???

ranjith1438 Array

Hai,Non-medical i mean non-science stream students are not eligible to join merchant navy.To join in merchant navy you need to apply NDA exam which is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.Eligibility criteria:-->The candidate should be complete 12th standard from recognised state board with PCM subjects.-->Candidate must be physically fit.-->Candidate should be a citizen of india.-->Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.-->Girls are not eligible to join merchant navy.Age criteria:Age limits is 16.5years to 19 years.Selection process:>>Written test,>>SSB interview,>>Personal interview.Official website of UPSChttp://www.upsc.gov.inAll the best.

Avtar1 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i did my 2 in non-medical now i want to join merchant navy after 2. what is the procedure?is the institute J.sons, Meerut good for the course for merchant navy?
    hello friend,

Courses :

Career in Merchant Navy can be pursued either as an officer or a rating in mainly two specialized fields, i.e. Marine Engineering and Nautical (deck). To become a seafarer, following streams of entries (Pre-Sea courses) are available to Indian citizens in the Government as well as in private training institutions (recognized and approved by Director General of Shipping, Ministry of Shipping):-

Officers
    1. 3 year degree course in Nautical Science for (10+2) students.
    2. 4 year degree course in Marine Engineering for (10+2) students.
    3. 2 year course for Diploma Holders.
    4. 1 year course for Graduate Mechanical Engineers.
    5. 3 month course for Deck Cadets for (10+2) students.
    You can join 3 YEAR course in Nautical science or in marine engineering.

thanks

Unregistered

Re: Procedure to join Merchant Navy after 2 (non-medical)? Is The J.Sons Institute of Meerut good for Merchant Navy course?

hi i have done my 2 with non medical . i got 78% in 2 non med in PSEB . i am 17 years old girl. i want to join mercent navy . what i do & how i can join by giving which entrance.

Unregistered

i have done 2 in non mediecal .I m a girl.i have not given. entrance test. But i want too join navy merch ant .what should i do

james786 Array

hi,,

You might be change your education

then you should more career and better performance are it

Entrance exams for joining merchant navy. An all India entrance Exam is conducted to join

The Merchant in to various fields. The interested candidates can attend the test which is one of the most important

competitive examinations which is held in the country.

The candidate should have taken science as the major subjects during the intermediate which include physics,

chemistry and mathematics.

The candidates should attend the written examination which will generally covers the area of subjects such as physics,

chemistry and mathematics which has been studied in the 12th class level. The candidates should have secured at leas

that's it

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

sir my marks in 2, 52% can i take admission in merchant navy

violent viper Array

Hello,

Well there are two aspects in Merchant Navy
    1. Nautical science and Marine engineering
    2. Navigational and Engineering fields of Merchant Navy
    The eligibility for both are different. The eligibility criteria in detail are here under follows :

For Nautical science and Marine engineering

Educational Qualification : You should have passed your 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.

For Navigational and Engineering fields of Merchant Navy

Educational Qualification : You must complete a Bachelors degree in Nautical Science or Marine engineering.

Age : Age should not be more than 20 years. Those belonging to the SC/ST have this rule relaxed by about 5 yrs.

Selection : Selection is based on the Joint Entrance Examination given by the IIT.

Courses
    • Class X pass students or higher but from non-science background can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the GP Rating Course.
    • Class XII (PCM) students or higher can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the HND Nautical Science Course.
    • BE Mechanical Graduates can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the GEC UK Conversion Course.
    • BE Non Mechanical Graduates can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the GEC Fiji Conversion Course.
    Admissions for the GP Rating Course, HND Nautical Science Course, GEC Course are done throughout the year. There are three intakes in a year for all courses.
    • January / February
    • June / July
    • October / November
    Since, you have completed your 12th you are eligible for a degree course in Nautical science and Marine engineering.

Good Luck!!!

maruthidevi Array

hi dude , To be eligible to get admission merchant navy you should have minimum 55% in 12th ( 5% relaxation for the reserved class students).
    There are many maritime academies in India in which you can get admission after qualifying in their entrance exams.

Different courses available in marine colleges are-

diploma in marine engineering( 3years)
    Marine engineering ( 4years)
    B.sc nautical science.

Maritime academies in India-
    -TS chanakya ,Navi Mumbai
    -TS Rahmania , Mumbai
    -IMA , chennai

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?