nareshkmr Array

Minimum score required in GATE for getting into IITs?

Dear Sir/Ma'am,I'm a final year engg student of mechanical stream preparing for GATE,, pls tell me what is the min score i should obtain so as to get into IIT's,,,,Also i do not have a caste certificate with me....pls help me i'm totally confused....pls give me valuable suggestionsThank You.

panex Array

Re: Minimum score required in GATE for getting into IITs?

Dear friend,

To get seat in IIT you need to have 95% min if you wish to take courses like transportation which is new and does not have a very high scope.

Qualifying marks for OBC candidates are lower than that of general candidates but still its not very low and 95% is must for getting in IIT

You need to have rank between 1- 2000.

best of luck!

mahi4mk Array

DEAR ASPIRANTS ,

GATE stand for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance examination for

M.tech master degree. Gate exam purpose for post graduata courses like M.tech .

tottal marks 1000 -You obtain 700 must i mean 70% and then you take m.tech colg

admission top in india like IIT .You should be must 700 marks in Gate exam and depend

last years cuttoff exam .You confirm last year marks.You prepare well this exam because

is not tough level exam in India.You hard work achieve goal all the best .

GOOD LUCK

RIYA19 Array

Quote Originally Posted by nareshkmr View Post
    Dear Sir/Ma'am,I'm a final year engg student of mechanical stream preparing for GATE,, pls tell me what is the min score i should obtain so as to get into IIT's,,,,Also i do not have a caste certificate with me....pls help me i'm totally confused....pls give me valuable suggestionsThank You.
    Hello Friend.......

..............As you know
    GATE stand for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an entrance examination for M.tech master degree. Gate exam purpose for post graduata courses like M.tech . total marks 1000 -You obtain 700 must i mean 70% and then you take m.tech colg admission top in india like IIT .You should be must 700 marks in Gate exam and depend last years Qualifying marks for OBC candidates are lower than that of general candidates but still its not very low and 95% is must for getting in IIT .
    You need to have rank between 1- 2000. cutoff exam .You confirm last year marks.You prepare well this exam because is not tough level exam in India.You hard work achieve goal
    .....So, my friend, Work Herd & I am, sure that you will surely succeed in your in your future regarding your career.....

....So, best of luck....
    ....With regards from RIYA19....

laxta Array

Hello Friend..

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, it is an entrance examination for
    M.tech master degree.

It is a post graduate course, and will help you to get a good job after this degree.

One should score the minimum 70% marks for taking admission in good college for M.Tech.

Total marks of this exam is 1000, so one should score at least 700 marks.

Don't think that it is a tough exam, just study well and work hard.

GOOD LUCK

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a all India entrance examination for admission in M.Tech in top institude.
    You GATE score is valid if you get score more than the cutoff score of that perticular year.
    Generally cutoof marks vary year to year according to the number of students in the discipline.
    According to your VALID GATE SCORE you will get one All India Rank which is useful when you wants to get admission in your interested institudes.
    Generally If you have all india rank between 1-700 then you can get admission in IITs.
    Best of luck.

megh@ Array

Dear Friend,
    GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The exam is conducted to get admission in M.Tech courses. Even now GATE rank is important to get job in PSUs.

The exam is one of the toughest exam in India.

The GATE score is valid for 2 years and the admission is decided according to the cut off of that particular year. The marks cut off varies from year to year.

The full marks of the exam is 1000 and for IITs you need to get at least 700 marks. I mean generally 70% marks is needed to get chance in IITs.
    Qualifying marks for OBC , SC/ST candidates is less than general candidates but not very low.

You need to work very hard to crack the exam.

Badshah Array

Hi guest, Gate refers to graduate aptitude test of engineering which is conducted by the Indian institute of technology (Iit), for the entrance in Master course. In order to get admission in Top engineering university for m.tech program, you need to score minimum and above 90% percentile in Gate exam. So it wholly depends upon the cutt off marks released and the performance of students appeared in that exam. So you need to prepare well and work hard. Now concentrate only on exam , not on marks. Thanx

Unregistered

respected sir , after qualify gate doing m.tech is neccessary or there is change of job in good company on the basics of gate score card

randhirk.rk Array

GATE EXAMS scorecard is used both for taking admissions in M.tech as well as applying for jobs
    Most of the PSU today like
    BHEL, GAIL, HPCL, BPCL, POWERGRID etc use GATE scores to shortlist Candidates for Interviews.
    PSU forms can be filled online from Dec 2012, but without valid GATE score you cannot apply
    Most of the PSU is asking for the GATE 2013 scores.

So you should give the GATE 2013 exams which is scheduled for
    20th Jan 2013
    Last date to apply is 30th Sep 2012
    Result for GATE 2013 will be announced on
    15th March 2013

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    ~It is very difficult to say minimum marks in GATE exam require to get admissin in IITs.
    ~Minimum marks also depend on difficulty of paper.
    ~IF exam paper asked tough then minimum score nearly average.
    ~IF exam paper asked easy then minimum score must good average.
    ~In Nowdays,Recent years candidate rank upto 700-750.
    ~So study as possible as more for exam and get good score.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    If you want to do M.Tech then you can do it otherwise you can get job in government or private sector.
    *Eligibility:
    ~Candidate must citizen of india.
    ~Candidate must pass in SSC and HSC with 60% from racognized board.
    ~Candidate graduate with 60% from racognized university or equivalent
    ~Candidate's age must be 18-27 year.
    ~Candidate qualified in civil services examination.
    Eligible candidate select by process.Written test,HR interviews,Medical test

*You can also apply in private companies:
    ~BHEL
    ~NTPC
    ~BARC
    ~IOCL
    ~ONGC
    etc.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

sai5a3 Array

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering

This exam is conducted for getting an M.Tech seat in National colleges

To get a seat in IIT's u must get 96% Percentile in gate

U must rank from 1-2000.

Then only u can get a seat in IIT's through Gate

Hope it helps u

Unregistered

hello i am in final year of BTECH mechanical engineering but i don't have 60% upto the 7th sem so can i join in IIT with good gatescore
    and when i have to submit the final percentage card to iit and can i eligible if i will get 60% with the final sem. in BTECh

Unregistered

why do most of the engineering colleges concentrated only on the CGPA and not give much importance to the practical application of their subjects?or the students had to search for it?

Unregistered

Hi sir/madam,
    Good day,
    I completed my B.tech degree in biotechnology stream, my gate score was - 400 and AIR 791 in GATE 2012 EXAMINATION, can you please suggest where i can make use of my gate score in government examinations ?? please suggest some government fields ... :-)

ss28626 Array

GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is a all India entrance examination for admission in M.Tech in top institude.
    You GATE score is valid if you get score more than the cutoff score of that perticular year.
    Generally cutoof marks vary year to year according to the number of students in the discipline.
    According to your VALID GATE SCORE you will get one All India Rank which is useful when you wants to get admission in your interested institudes.
    Generally If you have all india rank between 1-700 then you can get admission in IITs.

EALPmember Array

Hello dear,

Mechanical stream is a very good branch of engineering and there are various job opportunities as well as
    Options for career growth in different sectors.

Gate exam is taken to check your eligibility for admission into MTech course in IITs or NITs or various other
    Central Universities. Now a days many companies like HPCL, BPCL, PowerGrid have also announced that
    they will be recruiting on the basis of score card of Gate exam.

Due to recruitment by PSU companies, competition in Gate exam has increased a lot for almost all the branches.
    For the above reason, you should try to get atleast 99 percentile to get admission in IIT colleges.

For good preparation, you need to devote atleast 2-3 hours every day for Gate preparation or you can also join weekend
    Coaching programs by institutes like Made Easy , AIMS , Dronacharya or Gate Forum for better preparation.

kamalikac Array

• Scorecard will be sent only to the qualified candidates. No information will be sent to
    • Candidates who did not qualify.
    • The GATE score card is a valuable document. Care should be taken to preserve it. Additional Score Cards, (up to a maximum of two) will be issued on payment just once.
    • The Score Card cannot be treated as a proof of category.
    • The score card of the Qualified Candidates will include GATE Score, Percentile Score and Rank.

shine.com Array

Hello Dear

G.A.T.E --- GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING

>>> Average seats in each branch for M.Tech in any IIT's is 60 out of 100

>>> If we calculate total seats in IIT's in specific specializations is around

7 * 60 == 420

>>> If you are preparing for GATE 2013-2014 examination targeting M.Tech from IIT's then you must manage to get good GATE score

>>> At least up to 700 - 750 so that your seats are confirmed for M.Tech at IIT's ....

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

Sir , i hv completed my b.tech.....nw preparing for GATE....so if iv selected in iits through gate,is there any personal interview over there in college....if so wat hapens in case of failure in interview....

Unregistered

is there any other way to get into iit other than gate?

sanjeev4343 Array

totally how many seats in iit's for example i am belongs to cs can u please tell me how many seats for it and also tell me the percentage of question to be correct.

Unregistered

give me some timetable for preparing my gate exam which is only one month left over sothat i can enter into iits

Unregistered

gate marks of 52 .. mechanical engineering.. do i have any chances to get into IIT?

Unregistered

plz infm what would be the cut-off mark for 2013 gate exam?

Unregistered

I dont have aggregate 60% upto 7th sem can i gate addmition in IIT

Unregistered

Minimum score out of 100 required to qualify gate 2013 in Electrical stream???

Unregistered

my gate 2013 marks are 47.99/100 and gate score as 359, percentile as 94.52 can iget admission in mtech biotechnology in iits

Unregistered

my Gate 2013 marks is (33.67/100) in EC stream and Gate Score for 2013-14 is 378 & 452 for 2014-15. Please help which college can I apply(NIT\'s or BITS )

Unregistered

My GATE 2013 marks is 28/100 in AR stream . Can i know if i will be able to apply in any of the IIT\'s or this score will help me find admission in any other colleges for masters?

Nathan Array

Quote Originally Posted by nareshkmr View Post
    Hi Friend!!

GATE Stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and this is an all india level of Examination and jointly conducted by Indian Institute of Technology and this entrance Exam is conducted by Every year to admit the Engineering Students.

Eligibility Criteria For GATE:-

>>The Candidate should be complete the bachelor degree in engineering or Technology or Architecture and for Master Degree holders in any branch of science or mathematics or Computer Application, And the Candidates passed in the Qualifying Examinations, The Candidates age is corresponding to the Minimum Qualification, Reservation Criteria is applicable for OBC,SC/ST and physically Handicapped Candidates will Applicable.

So Pass mark is enough to attend this exam. To Getting the seat into IIT's it is depend upon your Cut of Mark (80% Above you surely get seat into IIT).

All the Best !!!

Further Details Please Visit Here:-http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in

Unregistered

Hii

I have secured 93% in gate 2013 for phd in life sciences. Please suggest me what are the colleges i can apply for and is it possible to get in iit? please reply me as soon as possible

Unregistered

i have got a score of 34.67/100 in instrumentation and a percentile of 96.7.my rank is 952 .What are the chances of getting a seat in IIT to do my masters?

RajveerSingh Array

You may already know GATE are a symbol of Scholar Skills Check within Executive can be an entry ways exam pertaining to M.tech grasp degree. Gates examination function pertaining to post graduate training such as M.tech.entire grades 1000 -You get hold of 700 must i suggest 70% and you then consider m.tech college admission best within of India such as IIT .You must be have to 700 grades within Gates examination and also be dependent final ages Being qualified grades pertaining to OBC individuals are reduced compared to standard individuals but nonetheless the not to lower and also 95% is actually have to pertaining to acquiring it IIT.
    You need to have position between 1- 2000. cutoff examination .You confirm last year marks.You prepare yourself well this examination because seriously isn't hard place examination within India.You working hard realize goal
    .....So, my friend, Perform Herd & We are, without doubt you'll surely triumph inside your within ones upcoming with regards to your occupation

GATE stands for Scholar Skills Check within Engineering. High quality is carried out to obtain admission within M.Tech courses. Nonetheless GATE position is essential to obtain job within PSUs.

High quality has become the most difficult examination within India.

This GATE ranking applies pertaining to 2 years and the admission is actually resolved using the cut-off of these unique year. This grades cut-off varies from calendar year for you to year.

The whole grades with the examination is actually 1000 as well as IITs you need a minimum of 700 marks. After all normally 70% grades needs to acquire chance within IITs.
    Being qualified grades pertaining to OBC , SC/ST individuals is actually below standard individuals but not to low.

Mechanical supply is actually a very good office regarding anatomist and also there are lots of universities, armed forces as well as
    Choices for occupation development in unique sectors.

Gates examination is actually taken to look at your eligibility pertaining to admission within MTech training within IITs or perhaps NITs or perhaps various
    Core Universities. These days many businesses like HPCL, BPCL, PowerGrid have also announced this
    they shall be recruiting by ranking unit card regarding Gates exam.

Due to recruitment through PSU providers, levels of competition within Gates examination has risen a great deal pertaining to the vast majority of branches.
    For the above cause, you should try to acquire at least 99 percentile to obtain admission within IIT colleges.

Once and for all planning, you'll want to give at least 2-3 hrs every day pertaining to Gates planning or you can also be a part of weekend
    Mentoring plans through institutes such as Manufactured Straightforward , AIMS , Dronacharya or perhaps Gates Online community pertaining to superior preparation.

Unregistered

yes...ofcourse...u ll get

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?