Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in board exams to get admission in IIT? Whether the minimum qualifying marks in 12th standard is increased from 60% to 80%?

Currently, I am a student of 12th standard (Karnataka State Board). I want to write the IIT-JEE next year. What is the minimum percentage required in my Board exams to get into IIT supposing I do well in IIT-JEE?Actually, what scares me is, i heard somewhere that it was increased from a minimum of 60% to a minimum of 80%. Is it just 60% or has it been increased to 80%?

vikasjha39 Array

Re: Minimum percentage required in board exams to get admission in IIT? Whether the minimum qualifying marks in 12th standard is increased from 60% to 80%?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Currently, I am a student of 12th standard (Karnataka State Board). I want to write the IIT-JEE next year. What is the minimum percentage required in my Board exams to get into IIT supposing I do well in IIT-JEE?Actually, what scares me is, i heard somewhere that it was increased from a minimum of 60% to a minimum of 80%. Is it just 60% or has it been increased to 80%?
    HI!
    I.I.T-J.E.E exam is conducted by I.I.T every year..

The upper age limit to appear in I.I.T-J.E.E is
    25 year.

The applicants who wish to appear in this entrance examination have to pass senior
    secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with minimum 60% marks.
    Those waiting for their 10+2 results can also apply.

If you are under ST/SC category then you have to score minimum 55% marks in 12t board exam...

GOOD LUCK!

aalarif Array

Re: Minimum percentage required in board exams to get admission in IIT? Whether the minimum qualifying marks in 12th standard is increased from 60% to 80%?

well ,sir,the minimum percentage is 60% in 10+2 for able to eligble for sitting in IIT-JEE,there is no increase,,only the question paper pattern will be changed 40% will,be from 10+2,and the rest will be aptitude test based on your concept,reasoning about the subjects,
    bst of luck,thank you.

adi_netgenie Array

NO.there is no increase in the marks limit of PCM(physics chemistry and maths) aggregate.
    it is 60% for general students
    5 % relaxation for SC/ST candidates
    upper age limit:25years

the question pattern is changed only.
    40% from syllabus of 12th grade and rest 60% will be aptitude questions

so start preparing now.practice the aptitude question hard
    practice from TMH aptitude solving books,they provide numerous problems on various chapters and quick methods to solve them

ALL THE BEST!!!!

bipin Array

IIT JEE i.e Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)Conducts Joint Entrance Examination. IIT JEE entrance exam is for those who are interested to get admission in B.tech Course.
    It is not true that IIT is going to change thier percentage criteria from 60% to 80%.
    You should score 60% in 12th. If IIT have to change their eligibility , then notifications will be declared before 1 or 1.5 years.

Eligibility
    :

- You must have completed 12th From a Recognized Central/State Board.

- You must secure at least 60% Marks In 12th level.

- You can attempt Jee Only,twice in a Consecutive years.

For more information : http://www.iit.org

param pita Array

Hello dear,I.I.T-J.E.E exam is conducted by I.I.T every year..

The upper age limit to appear in I.I.T-J.E.E is
    25 year.

The applicants who wish to appear in this entrance examination have to pass senior
    secondary or equivalent examination from a recognized Board with minimum 60% marks.
    Those waiting for their 10+2 results can also apply.
    Eligibility :

- You must have completed 12th From a Recognized Central/State Board.

- You must secure at least 60% Marks In 12th level.

- You can attempt Jee Only,twice in a Consecutive years.

For more information :
    http://www.iit.org

sameer007 Array

Minimum Eligibility criteria to appear in IITJEE-
    Must have 60% marks in 12th.
    Either you are appearing in board exam the same year or to the next year after 12th.
    Maximum 2 chances will be given to a student to appear in JEE.

Some of the IITs have advised the govt. to increase the eligibility marks to 80% , but it is not yet decided , may be in few years you will see the eligibility criteria.
    Best of luck....

Vikrant mishra Array

hi friend ,
    for applying for IIT JEE you should have 60% in pcm.
    maximum two chances are given.
    don't worry about 60%-80% agenda it is delayed for next few years

eligibilty criteria:-

candidate should have passed the QE 0n or after 01 oct 2010

candidate should have 60% marks in there QE

date of birth should be on or after 01 07 1987

IMPORTANT DATES:-

last date of application:-December 15, 2011

ANSWER KEY ON WEB may 7 2012

date of exam:-April 8, 2012

declaration of result:-May 18, 2012

best of luck for your exam

Unregistered

i want to sit in iit exam 2013 what will be minimum percentage ?

adi_netgenie Array

IIT JEE ======>>>>>>>> Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination

IIT JEE is an national level exam for students aspiring to pursue their graduation in engineering

===ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA===
    You need to have PCM (physics Chemistry Maths) combination in your 12th
    your aggregate in PCM should be 60%(for general candidates)
    =========================55% (for SC/ST)
    you must have passed your 12th from a recognized university
    candidates appearing for HS are eligible to apply
    You can appear for 2 times in IIT JEE consecutively

SO IT IS VERY CLEAR FROM THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA THAT THERE IS NO SUCH ABSURD HIKE IN AGGREGATE MARKS FROM 605 TO 80%
    SO DON'T WORRY....CONCENTRATE ON YOUR PREPARATION

===NEW EXAM PATTERN OF IIT JEE===

1 Single Stage Two Stages
    2 Objective type only 1st Stage
    3 2 tests of 3 hours each 1st Stage:
    4 Only 2 attempts a
    5 Closer to Class XI and XII in difficulty

===REFERENCE BOOKS===

PHYSICS
    H.C.VERMA
    RESNICK HALIDAY

MATHS
    TMH(TAT MACGRAW HILL)
    ARIHANT BOOK OF MATHS

CHEMISTRY
    ARIHANT BOOK OF CHEMISTRY
    MAITY TIWARY

~~previous years papers and solution :http://www.iitjee.org/iit-question-p...it-papers.html

GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

sir if i got 59number in english then any problem to attem jee and aieee 2013 and my pcm percenteg is 77%

choco28 Array

dear friend,

education qualiication required for IIT is that candidate must have passed his 12th or appearing for the final exam with minimum of 60% marks

according to the education qualification given above it is clear that there has not been any increase in minimum qualification marks

any candidate can appear for the exam only twice in his career in consecutive years

maximum age for appearing in the exam is 25 years

raoresult Array

hi friend,
    yes there was a question about it whether the min. % is increased to 80 , but..it is not...
    you only have to have 60 % for appearing for iit jee...
    the age limit for giving exam is 19 to 25..
    you can give this exam at max two times in 2 consecutive years..
    and this year exam has been held..
    so better luck next time..
    thanks and ALL THE BEST ...

Unregistered

my marks in 12th 65 % over all but pcm 60 can i apper in iit aieee 2013 anilasthana@jctltd.com

sai5a3 Array

Hai Friend

IIT stands for Indian Institute Of Technology

This is an exam conducted Once in an year

The minimum percentage required in board exams to get admission into IIT is 60% only

As all are thinking the percentage is not increased to 80%

The limitations are

-> A Student can attempt IITJEE Exam maximum up to 2times only

->the age must be Less Than 25

from next year there will be combined exam for IIT && AIEEE from the ACADEMIC YEAR 2013

so there is no increase of percentage for minimum qualifying marks to write the exam

hope the information is helpful to u

ALL THE BEST

Badshah Array

Hi guest, Indian institute of technology (IIT) conducts IIT Joint Entrance examination (JEE) in order to get admission in B.tech course. The upper age limit is 25 years. You must have passed senior secondary exam with minimum 60% marks from a recognised board in order to eligible in appear in IIT JEE And a 5 % relaxation for sc/st students. So the 80 % marks requirement is just a rumour. Don't believe rumours untill any official announcement comes from IIT. So prepare well. Best of luck. Thanx

Unregistered

sir, i have completed my BE and having aggregate more than 60%
    but unfortunately i was not having 60% marks in the 12th ..
    so can i get admission in IIT for M .Tech ??

Unregistered

WHAT THE CREATERIA OF IMPROVEMENT EXAM. FOR IITJEE

learn Array

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology
    IITs are most prestigious engineering institutes of India

it s exam is also considered as the toughest exam

it is conducted once a year

eligibility

• you must have passed your 10+2 from a recognised board
    • you must have pcm as compulsory subjects
    • you msut score minimum of 60% in pcm

age limit
    17 to 25 years

but according to HRD ministry
    from 2013 onwards a new exam will be conducted in the place of IIT and AIEEE

this exam will be known as ISEET

ISEET stands for Indian Science Engineering Eligibility Test,

it will be conducted by CBSE

there is an advantage of this exam that is
    it wil be conducted twice a year

it will allow maximum of 4 attempts in consecutive years

eligibility for ISEET
    • you must have passed your 10+2 from a recognised board
    • you must have pcm as compulsory subjects
    • you msut score minimum of 60% in pcm

exam pattern of ISEET
    unlike IIT and AIEEE

it will consists of 2 papers
    1.mains
    2.advanced

mains exam will cover topics as given
    • reasoning
    • aptitude
    • general english
    advanced will cover science subjects as given
    • physics
    • chemistry
    • maths

weightage for mains-30%
    weightage for advanced--30%
    weightage for 12th marks-40%

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

Minimum percentage required for engineering examination for Entrance exam you need only 40 %.

ISEET exam pattern is a new for engineering exam all exam ISEET exam replace AIEEE ,IIT etc...

ISEET divide two parts and syllabus :-

Main -Logical ,comprehension ,critical r
    easoning.

Advance -Maths ,chemistry and Physics .

Main is a objective level and advance 12th board level .

Minimum 40 % marks Weightage shall be given to for board .

NOTIFICATION DATE OF ISEET EXAM september month and time of exam 3 hour duration 2 pm to 5 pm.

Video :-How to prepare Competative exam

<strong>

GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

sir iam a students of class 12 .i wanted to know latest criteria in eligibility for iit jee exam

dharmesh99 Array

sir iam a students of class 12 .i wanted to know latest criteria in eligibility for iit jee exam
    Dear Friend,

As you are interested about IIT-JEE Eligibility Criteria...

IIT-JEE Eligibility :

Age Criteria : Candidate's maximum age upto 25 year.

Educational Qualification :

Candidate can give IIT-JEE Entrance exam basis of different different Qualifying Examination but candidate must have secured 60%(For SC/ST/PD 55%) in Qualifying exam.

Some of Qualifying Exams :
    >>>12th conducted by any recognized central/state Board.

>>>Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination which is conducted by a recognized Board/University.

>>>Final Examination of Two Year course of Joint Services Wing of National Defence Academy.

>>>General Certificate Education examination at Advanced(A) level.

>>>H.S.C. vocational examination.

>>>3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

Unregistered

will the student be selected in BITS or IIT-JEE if he/she gets less than 50% in mathematics but overall he/she scores more than 70% in his/her class 12th examination.........????????

chandhrasekhar Array

dear friend,
    dont worry the minimum percentage was not changed to 80% it is at 60% only .so dont be scared and prepare well for the final exams and get good score ,good branch and good college advance all the best for the final exam

the minimum required eligibility conditions to write iitjee or as follows

1)to write iitjee the candidate should be appearing or passed 12th standard
    2)the minimum percentage required for the general candidates to write the iitjee is 60% in maths ,physics and chemistry
    3)the minimum percentage required for the sc/st students to write the exam is 55% in maths .physics.chemistry

i think its clear to you know
    happy to help you ..........................

chandhrasekhar Array

dear friend,
    you will not be selected to bits or iitjee .first of all you are not eligible to write the exam iitjee and bits because you have less percentage

the percentage you need to write the following exams are

1)in maths you should have atleast 60%
    2)in physics you should have atleast 60%
    3)in chemistry you should have atleast 60%

and overall you should have atleast 60% in these subjects
    even if you have overall 60% you are not allowed to write the exams as you are falling to satisfy the eligibility criteria in maths
    hence you are not allowed to write the exam

happy to assist you .............................

Unregistered

My 12th rbse board % in maths (non medical) is 65.40 i want toask a question from iit manager
    Can i join the iit coaching from any institute?
    Himanshu bakoliya

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?