Unregistered

May I consider my best four subjects of class 12 to apply for SBI job?

I take my best four subjects of class 12th to apply for this job post in the SBI? thanx in advance

aalarif Array

Re: May I consider my best four subjects of class 12 to apply for SBI job?

yes,you can consider it,,but it will also depend on your stream,,if its commerce than thats a very good platform for applying and because than you willl aware of theing,itw differnet criterias of management and accounting,it will be helpful get the job ,,,but if its science than you might face a problem in getting the job,thank you,,,and best of luck ,,if you try out for the job.

subham21 Array

Dear friend,

if u are interested in in banking then commerce is a good platform.
    As commerce is related to management & banking.u will study subjects
    related to banking in commerce stream.

But if u are a science stream student then u have to work harder as in science
    stream there is no subject related to banking.so u sometimes face difficulty in your career.

So it helps more for a commerce stream more rather than science stream for banking entrance examination.
    Best of luck.............

bipin Array

No , you can consider your best four subject for calculating percentage to join SBI. SBI consider your normal percentage which you have got in 12th.

As you have completed your 12th you can apply for clerk post. But you have to follow some eligibility criteria.

Eligibility :

- You should pass 12th with minimum 60 percent marks (55 percent for the reserved categories).

- Your age must be in between 18 to 28 years.

If you follow above criteria then you can apply.

For more details about SBI Bank Recruitment you can visit to :

http://www.statebankofindia.com

Neelam Nailwal Array

Dear Friend,

It depends for which post you wants to apply in SBI like for clerical or for PO after completing your graduation or for any other vacancy in SBI.But if you have computer, English & Maths then it will be helpful for you as in most of the entrance exams the question paper consists of the section for :
    • Computer (As per new exam pattern of SBI)
    • General English
    • Quantitative Aptitude
    • Reasoning Ability
    So if you have good command over these subjects then you can score well.

All the best..

rajashekhar Array

haiii friend..
    yes,you can consider it,but it will depends on your stream also,if your a science student you might face a problem why bcoz, you should know the minimum concepts in mathematical and accountings.
    If you studied in commerce stream it will helps you...and along with your best subjects quantitative aptitude,general awareness also having importance to get job in SBI...
    but your decision is good..
    all the best
    thank you

adi_netgenie Array

yes.you can apply for the SBI JOB
    but it all depends upon two thing:
    1.The type of job(post for which you are applying)......suppose you are applying for post of a clerk for basic ledger posting,or any post related to basic computation or accounting or sales,then you are very much eligible for the job and you can apply.but do not dream of joining any kind of high posts like officers,etc with class 12 degree.for that you need to do graduation and MBA possible)

2.your best four subjects: the best combination of subjects will be if you rae from commerce back ground.having computer science or computer application as optional subject(4th subject) will be a plus point for all the students irrespective of their stream.so if you have computer application as optional then it is ok,otherwise do a part time course on computer application because nowadays during recruitment any company wants candidates having good computer knowledge (it is applicable for all kinds of posts from clerk to officers,managers.etc)

wish you good luck!

adi_netgenie Array

yes.you can apply for the SBI JOB

but it all depends upon two thing:
    1.The type of job(post for which you are applying)......suppose you are applying for post of a clerk for basic ledger posting,or any post related to basic computation or accounting or sales,then you are very much eligible for the job and you can apply.but do not dream of joining any kind of high posts like officers,etc with class 12 degree.for that you need to do graduation and MBA possible)

2.your best four subjects: the best combination of subjects will be if you are from commerce back ground.having computer science or computer application as optional subject(4th subject) will be a plus point for all the students irrespective of their stream.so if you have computer application as optional then it is ok,otherwise do a part time course on computer application because nowadays during recruitment any company wants candidates having good computer knowledge (it is applicable for all kinds of posts from clerk to officers,managers.etc)

wish you good luck!!!!!!

Unregistered

I'm a commerce student but I'm not too good in accounts. I've just given my 12th grade exam and waiting for the result. I know that SBI want 12th grade percentage, atleast 60... but will it be fine if I score more but not good in accounts?? ....will I'll be able to sign in for SBI??

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I take my best four subjects of class 12th to apply for this job post in the SBI? thanx in advance
    HI!
    Friend you can chose any subject you want like:-
    > Commerce
    > Arts
    > Science.

If you want to become S.B.I Bank P.O then you have to pass graduation with any stream like B.SC, B.COMM B.A etc.

You can apply for clerk after passing 12th with minimum 50% marks.

ALL THE BEST!

adi_netgenie Array

YES !!
    You have to consider the aggregate of the best four subjects of 12
    it must be noted here that you are eligible for for only SBI CLERICAL EXAM At this level

sbi_645_1289279543.jpg

SBI stands for State bank of India which is the biggest nationalized bank in INDIA with operations having all over the country !!
    You can get jobs in SBI by writing two examination

>IBPS Exam
    > SBI exam

Apart from IBPS, SBI conducts its own exam for recruitment of employees for various posts
    here am providing all necessary details regarding the exam for you

AGE LIMIT

• 21-30 years(For General Candidates)
    • 21-32 years (OBC)
    • 21-35 years (SC/ST candidates)

*Selection procedure

*Written examination: combined duration 3 Hrs (combined objective and descriptive type tests) - Max marks-250 (combined). Duration of objective type test will be 2 hours, maximum marks 200

*Pattern of Paper

• test of English language (grammar, vocabulary, comprehension etc)
    • test of general awareness, marketing and computers
    • test of data analysis and interpretation
    • test of reasoning
    • test of English language

PREVIOUS YEARS' SAMPLE PAPERS' AND SOLUTIONS :
    http://mrintech.com/download-sbi-cle...uestion-papers

ONLINE STUDY MATERIAL FOR PREPARATION : http://www.competitionmaster.com/Sol...1-b5d338473cc5
    ============================== http://www.jagranjosh.com/articles/a...r-1328354639-1

SBI has a Facility of applying ONLINE for the position of clerks

You can FILL ONLINE APPLICATION HERE http://blogs.mybandra.com/2009/08/20/sbi-clerk-exam-online-application-process-important-dates-for-state-bank-of-india-clerk-exam/

joyshreenath Array

Hello, since you have considered for going in SBI, therefore either you are going for clerical jobs, or you are going for probationary officer jobs or you are going for managerial jobs. Now in any of these cases having a commerce base in your studies is very necessary. This can be as early as your higher secondary standards or as late as your graduation(B.Com) standard. But having commercial subjects like accounting or auditing or taxation and others are necessary for your banking option. Now you decide when to take them up.

popeye Array

No , you can not consider your best four subject for calculating percentage to join SBI. All bank exams not consider best of five or best of four percentage criteria. Instead they consider the percentage on your marksheet.

Though you have completed your 12th Exam you have to follow some eligibility criteria to be eligible for Bank Clerk Exam.

Eligibility :

- You should have completed your 12th with minimum 60% marks. If you are in reserved categories then you must have 55%.

- Your age must be in between 18 to 28 years. Relaxation in upper age limits is given to the reserved categories.

3 years relaxation is given to the OBC categories. 5 years relaxation is given to the SC/ST categories.

SBI CLERK EXAM PATTERN

SBI clerk syllabus.jpg

If you want more information about SBI Bank Clerk Exam then please visit official website :

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    SBI conducts its own exam for PO / Clerk.
    And the eligibility criteria ask for minimum percentage in totality not in best 4 or 3 or 5..
    You have to score good in graduation also as graduation and 12th percentages are going to make you eligible to sit for the written examination...

So concentrate on your graduation and preparation for the written exam...

All the best
    Raj@08

Annubhai Array

Dear friend,

stream there is no subject related to banking.so u sometimes face difficulty in your career.

So it helps more for a commerce stream more rather than science stream for banking entrance examination.

Best of luck...!!!

kalyani bacchav Array

HELLO SIR...........

you can chose any subject you want like:-
    *Commerce
    *Arts
    *Science.

If you want to become S.B.I Bank P.O then you have to pass graduation with any stream like B.SC, B.COMM B.A etc.

ALL THE BEST.........................

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,
    Following are the Eligible conditions for SBI PO and SBI Clerk written Examination,

For SBI PO:
    • You must complete graduation in any stream from recognized University
    • You must be Citizen of India
    • Your Age must be 21-28 years
    For SBI Clerk:
    • You must complete 12th std with 60% marks in any stream
    • Your age must be 18-28 years.
    So you can choose any subjects as per your interest.If you complete 12th and Graduation in any stream you are eligible for the examination.Prepare well for the examination.

ALL THE BEST

Akash Bacchav Array

Respected Sir,

Yes , You can consider yourbest four subjects of 12th. You can also apply for for SBI job.

But it depends on your stream. If you had taken Commerce then its easy for you and the 1st reason for that is a commerce student can understand the management quickly 2nd reason , it is compulsory to do commerce if you want to do banking or management.

If you are a Science or Arts Student then you have to do Commerce and then you can be eligible for doing job in SBI Bank.

All the best...!!!

Regards

sreeswami Array

HELLO SIR.......

commerce is related to management & banking.u will study subjects

Eligibility :

Candidate should have completed your 12th with minimum 60% marks. If you are in reserved categories then you must have 55%.

Candidate age must be in between 18 to 28 years. Relaxation in upper age limits is given to the reserved categories.

3 years relaxation is given to the OBC categories. 5 years relaxation is given to the SC/ST categories.

If you want more information about SBI Bank Clerk Exam then please visit official website :

ALL THE BEST.........

shivbaba Array

Hello,
    And the eligibility criteria ask for minimum percentage in totality not in best 4 or 3 or 5..
    You have to score good in graduation also as graduation and 12th percentages are going to make you eligible to sit for the written examination...

All the best

common Array

No , you can consider your best four subject for calculating percentage to join SBI. SBI consider your normal percentage which you have got in 12th.

As you have completed your 12th you can apply for clerk post. But you have to follow some eligibility criteria.

Eligibility :

- You should pass 12th with minimum 60 percent marks (55 percent for the reserved categories).

common Array

Hello,

All the best

common Array

Hello, since you have considered for going in SBI, therefore either you are going for clerical jobs, or you are going for probationary officer jobs or you are going for managerial jobs. Now in any of these cases having a commerce base in your studies is very necessary. This can be as early as your higher secondary standards or as late as your graduation(B.Com) standard. But having commercial subjects like accounting or auditing or taxation and others are necessary for your banking option. Now you decide when to take them up.

For SBI Clerk:
    • You must complete 12th std with 60% marks in any stream
    • Your age must be 18-28 years.

common Array

BI conducts its own exam for PO / Clerk.

All the best

common Array

HI!
    Friend you can chose any subject you want like:-
    > Commerce
    > Arts
    > Science.

sunnybeldih Array

Dear friend,

Best of luck...

selvakumar Array

If your Interested to SBI Bank Job After Completing 12th standard then you may apply for SBI Clerk Examination . This Examination is held every once in a year .

:::::::: SBI Stands for State of Bank of India ::::::::

Eligibility Criteria SBI Clerk Examination :-

You should Complete 12th standard /Equivalent qualification in any stream recognized Univeristy and you should score Minimum 60% marks in 12th board Examination and relaxation will applicable for 55% for SC/ ST Candidates .

If your Complete graduation then your also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Note :- If your score 59% Percentage of marks in 12th board Examination then your not eligible for SBI Clerk Examination .

Your age should be Not less than be 18 years to 28 years and Rleaxation will given for sc/st candidates and obc candidates SC / ST for 5 years and OBC for 3 years

The Applicant should be should be Citizen of India Indian and the Applicant Must having good Computer Knowledge and Typewriting Skill .

SBI Clerk Examination Pattern :-

## General Knowledge
    ## Marketing Aptitude
    ## Computer Knowledge
    ## Reasoning Ability
    ## Quantitative Aptitude
    ## General English

Reference Books for SBI Clerk Examination :-
    • SBI Associates Clerk Exam by Kiran Prakashan
    • SBI Clerk Solved Papers and 20 Practice Sets by Arihant Experts
    • SBI Clerk Exam 20 Practice Set by BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd
    • SBI Clerk Pariksha: SBI and Associate Banks Guide (Hindi) by Disha Experts
    • SBI Bank Clerk by Unique Research Academy
    • SBI Bank Clerk Examination Ultimate Guide by Disha Experts
    • SBI Clerk Exam Previous Papers by K. Kundan

The Notification for this SBI Clerk Examination may published in Employment news paper and Official website of SBI Bank . You may apply for this Examination in Both the Online as well as Offline .

This SBI Clerk Examination having Negative Marking System . So , Please take while answering . I suggest you only attend the question you have Full Confident .

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirants ,

You can take any subjects in 12th standard and You have 55% marks.Your age limit should be 18 to 28 years.You should be indain citizen.

You apply in SBI Bank exam after completing graduation any discipline university.You read in this subjects given below :

resoning

general awerness

general english

computer knowledege

Exam pattern :-

GOOD LUCK

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    To get SBI Bank clerk exam candidate must pass 12th with atleast 60% from racognized Board and age must be 18 year to 28 year.Age Relaxation for SC/ST 5 year,OBC 3 year,PWD 10 year.
    You can take any stream in 12th.But you must crack State Bank Of India Clerk exam to get job.Hard work is require to crack exam.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

luvi10 Array

No, you cannot consider your best four subjects for applying to SBI ,you will have to fill up the aggregate percentage by calculating total marks in all subjects and dividing it by the no. of subjects in your marks statement.
    SBI (State Bank of India) conducts its own exam of clerk and P.O

For clerk
    Age- 18 - 28 yr ,relaxation of 3 yrs for OBC, 5 yrs for SC/ST
    Must have secured 60% aggregate marks in 12th std.

Selection Procedure
    It is conducted in two phases ,i.e written(objective) and interview
    Written exam consists of the following paper:
    English
    Quantitative Aptitude.
    General Awareness.
    Reasoning.
    Marketing Aptitude and Computers
    40 marks for each section and total 200 marks ,you have to pass separately in all sections

For Probationary Officer
    Age- min 21 yrs and max 30 yrs and relaxation for SC/ST till 35years and OBC till 33 years

It is also conducted in two phases ,i.e written(objective & subjective) and interview
    Written exam consists of the following paper:
    English Language, General Awareness, Data analysis and interpretation, Reasoning (200 Marks)
    Descriptive test of English Language 50 marks

mustafa tahasildar Array

Eligibility :

For more details about SBI Bank Recruitment you can visit to :

ritwizb Array

In SBI clerk exam you have to study 5 subjects.Those subjects are REASONING,APTITUDE,ENGLISH,GENERAL AWARENESS & COMPUTER/MARKETING AWARENESS.You can apply on the basis of 12th marks.Next SBI Clerk exam will be in 2013.SBI had conducted clerk exam in 2012.You have to prepare for those 5 subjects which I have mentioned.Exam will be tough.I suggest you to join coaching classes for better preparation.In SBI clerk exam In every sections you will get 40 questions of 40 marks means 200 questions of 200 marks.Duration of exam will be 120 minutes.There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.You have to score at least 88 marks or more to get interview chance.Below I have attached SBI clerk exam notification 2012 in that will get full information.
    For more information visit www.statebankofindia.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?