Unregistered

Marks required in 10+2 CBSE for joining Merchant Navy?

i am very intrested in merchant navy because it is my aim.i want to join it.please tell me something about merchant navy.how much marks need to obtain in 10+2 CBSE for merchant navy???

Audumbar Array

Re: Marks required in 10+2 CBSE for joining Merchant Navy?

u must be completed HSC in science faculty with 65 % percentage criteria with mathematics subject.

MANISHBABU Array

some institute ask for 55% and above and some asks only 50% and above although if you get more than 60 % percent you are well enough eligible for merchant navy but i suggest you to do marine engineering course after 12th before opting for merchant navy

akhilasivasankaran Array

Class XII (PCM) students or higher can join the Merchant Navy by enrolling for the HND Nautical Science Course.
    Admissions for the HND Nautical Science Course is done throughout the year. There are three intakes in a year for this course
    1.January / February
    2.June / July
    3.October / November

Students have to undergo a 1 hour written test for English and Mathematics at MERCHANT NAVY AND OFFSHORE SERVICES offices in Mumbai or Delhi. For other details, please go through the information on various courses and fill up the ENQUIRY FORM given on that page http://merchantnavy.info/HND_nautica...ce_course.html so that the organisation can get in touch with you.

debajyoti Array

u should score atleast 70% in order to join merchant navy....

Ravindra agarwal Array

dear frnd .
    for join navy one joint entrance exam (JEE) that is conducted by maritime university,chennai.for detail information you click on http://www.imu.tn.nic.in/Default.htm

sahilsharma Array

60% marks are okay to get into the merchant navy. then you can fill up the forms of certain merchant navy institutes like Chanakya in Maharashtra. To fill that form you must have the IIT form number because when i filled the form it was there and i was not been able to fill that form.

Akshita Gupta Array

category maximum marks minimum marks
    general /obc 85+ 75+
    sc 70+ 60+
    st 65 + 55 +

B.SrinivasuluReddy Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am very intrested in merchant navy because it is my aim.i want to join it.please tell me something about merchant navy.how much marks need to obtain in 10+2 CBSE for merchant navy???
    hi
    You can join merchant navy as a deck cadet and the eligibility criteria is 55% in 10+2 i.e; PCM(physics,chemistry,mathematics).

thegreatrahul Array

see......firstly you have to choose the pcm section and its minimum requirment is 65% in maths as well as in physics ............so if u choosen the pcm so u can join the indian navy,and hope u can doit ,,,, good luck

irasharma Array

.TO join merchant navy eligiblity is that a you should have min.50% marks.in 10+2 exams with PCM as subjects.

Unregistered

with this highly competitie world you really have to secure good marks above 70% and also u need to sit for a competitive exam which will really help you get knowledge and skil for and other exam... you mush also be verse with G.K, Reasoning, Legal Aptitude, English and ofcourse Maths... one must have a very sharp mind and very quick to ans any question.. for this you need to prepared form now on.

ritwizb Array

A candidate needs to clear 12th with Physics,Chemistry & Maths.Since,you haven't mentioned from which stream you are.If you are science stream students with those subjects which i mentioned then you can join merchant navy either after 12th or Marine engineering.If i take only your 12th then you will need to join on the deck side.But you have to clear various entrance exams like IGNOU,IIT JEE etc.There will be one year training.Once you completes your sea time for the next post as the 2nd mate there are aso exams which you need to clear.For every post you need to clear exam to become captain.you should at least score more than 55% in 12th.

m.khushhal Array

Hello..
    Marks Criteria to Join Indian Navy:-Hello dear friend you can join indian navy in two different courses...
    1)- Deck Cadet (DGS+ IMU Scheme)-Leading to B.Sc. Nautical Science
    Educational Qualification: Pass/ appearing in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board/ University with Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM), with not less than 55% marks in PCM. OR with Physics as an individual subject in one of the years of B.Sc. in PCM or Electronics with an average of not less than 50% marks from an UGC/DEC recognized university.
    2)-B.S. Nautical Technology
    Educational Qualification: Pass/ appearing in 10+2 examination from a recognized Board/ University with Physics, Chemistry and Maths (PCM), with not less than 60% marks in PCM. ANDShould have passed with not less than 50% marks in English as a separate subject at either 10th or 12th standard.
    Medical: Eye sight should be 6/6 with no colour blindness.

kajal kumari Array

50%-60% marks are required...............

Satyaki Array

See you have to physically sound so as to obtain a place in the merchant navy...basically the qualifying percent is kept at 60.....but during shortlisting...students with higher percentage can get a higher preference....

pioneernetwork1234 Array

U should have first class marks in 10+2 i.e.60% from any recognized board or university in India with Math, Physics and Chemistry as your main subjects. After that u will have to appear in IIT entrance exam with the option of interest in joining marine engineering discipline. Once you qualify then you will have to go for FOUR year integrated course either from DMET Mumbai or Calcutta or some private college in Puna and Chennai. Then U will get Blu chit from ministry of surface transport i.e. MOT 'A' certificate. After that you are entitled to join Merchant navy as FIFTH engineer. Other way is that after doing your 10+2 with Maths , Phy, Chem stream join some dockyard as a apprentice either in Mazgon dock Mumbai, naval Ship yard etc or Garden reach Calcutta or Cochin shipyard Ltd Cochin or vishakha Putnam or Chennai after appearing for some internal competitiveness exams. one you complete the apprentice ship trg of 18 months you will have to appear for exams in ministry of surface Transport either at Mumbai, Chennai or Calcutta. Subjects mainly will be maths, naval architecture, marine engineering, etc. After you pass the exam you will get MOT 'A" certificate on the basis of that you will get CDC ( cargo discharge certificate) from Shipping house at Mumbai or Calcutta and than you will be able to join merchant nay as FIFTH Engineer.Similar is the case with non engineering side i.e. deck side . to join merchant navy With 10+2 in science stream with Mats, Phy, and chem wit First class from any recognized board you will have to appear in all India level entrance exam ( Details you will get from DG SHIPPING MUMBAI) than join TS RAJENDRA at Mumbai or some PVT colleges in Calcutta,pune or Chennai. After completion of 18 months of TRG and practicals you will have appear in exams to get your CDC and than ca join as cadet. Cadet can go up to cap-ten rank through various exams where as Fifth Engineer can go up to chief Engineers rank through various exams. These exams are conducted by DG Shipping under ministry of Surface Transport. There are lower rank entries are also there like petty oficers or Crew members. for the details again you will have to go to DG SHIPPING Mumbai. rgards, Goodluck.

jituforu2100 Array

after getting 60 percent marks in 12th in pcm subject u should do marine engineering and after then ur future is bright
    best of luck

Tejaswini Ray Array

You must have secured 60% above in 10th as well as 12th in order to join merchant navy.
    In addition to that your age should not be above 25 years.
    Also you don't have colour blindness.
    GOOD LUCK!!!

anishanal4669 Array

first of all you have to achieve 60 % in hsc exam and after that you have to clear merchant navy entrance exam ,if this exam will cracked you will go to the merchant navy institute

RajveerSingh Array

A candidate for the physics, chemistry and the 12th with Maths.Since need to be clear, you did not mention which you are.If section I mentioned with those subjects who are students of science stream 12th.you score less than 55% in the first in 10 +2 ie60% of the marks must be recognized board or university with a monastery in India, and as their main subject physics, chemistry. U interested in joining the Marine Engineering discipline, with an option will appear in the IIT entrance exam. Once you qualify, you either integrated into the curriculum or Puna DMET Kolkata and Chennai to Mumbai or private college for four years to go.

Then you joke Surface Transport 'A' certificate from the Ministry will find blue label. As fifth engineer then you are entitled to join the Merchant Navy. either as an apprentice in some internal competition test into the dock. You ship 18 months of an apprenticeship or Mumbai, Chennai or Kolkata for examination in the Ministry of Surface Transport TRG meeting will unfold. Subject mainly mathematics, naval architecture, marine engineering, etc.

subodh1014 Array

hi, for joining the merchant navy you have to passed class 12th with minimum 65% of total marks and also you are the student of science stream , there are many colleges in which the marine engineering course is their , but its better if you crack IIT entrance or AIEEE entrance than you have a good choice to join some of the best institutes of the country in this field .... so, start your practise from today onwards.......... all the best...............

King Array

Hello Dear,
    If you secure more than 60 % then it is enough and you are eligible for merchant navy.The minimum eligibility for course in Nautical science and Marine engineering is 10+2 or an equivalent examination with physics, chemistry and mathematics.You should also pass a medical fitness test for sea service under standard norms and with eyesight 6/6 with no color blindness.Then you are selected for the B.Sc. Nautical Science degree of TS Chanakya,Mumbai and the four-year Marine Engineering degree course at Marine Engineering Research Institute (MERI) in Calcutta and Mumbai known as DMET, through the Joint Entrance Examination conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT),which requires knowledge of physics, chemistry and mathematics.The examination is followed by personal interview where the interviewers assess the degree of alertness and awareness of the external environment in you and your suitability for a career in the Merchant Navy.So i hope you will do well in this field.You have a great career ahead.
    Work hard and manage time well.
    BEST WISHES.

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Hi,
    Those students who have passed the 12th class with the PCM and with the 60% marks are eligible to apply for merchant navy and
    A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
    Unmarried male and female candidates are eligible
    age requirement is not than 20years
    SC/ST students 25 years in maximum age, these categories are given relaxation of give years
    Eye Sight = 6/6
    Height 167 cms
    Weight 50kg
    Chest 77cm (normal)/82cc (Expended)

Those candidates fulfill all above criteria are eligibile the merchant navy

best of luck

Anuresh Array

Smile Re: Marks required in 10+2 CBSE for joining Merchant Navy?

Marks required in 10+2 CBSE for joining Merchant Navy

hi friend's

65-70% marks required for join or do the merchant navy in 12th CBSC board.

All the best....

wtf Array

For IIT - eligibility criteria is-
    1.-12th with PCM with minimum 60% marks in each and english
    2.-Age should be 18 or more than 18 years
    3.- eligible for 2 time only.. 1st with 12th and after that single year ..
    4.- to qualify have secure minimum cut-off marks in each subject.
    Best of Luck.

bipin Array

You can get into Merchant navy by doing the following courses:

- B.E Marine Engineering.

- B.sc Nautical Science.

Eligibility For above courses is :

- You should have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English with 50%

There are four government Institutes Where you can apply for these courses :

- Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai

- Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai.

- Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata

- Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai

If you have have passed 12th with 50% then you can apply above colleges.

venkateshwar Array

hiiii

some institute ask for 55% and above and some asks only 50% and above although if you get more than 60 % percent you are well enough eligible for merchant navy but i suggest you to do marine engineering course after 12th before opting for merchant navy

thank you.....

Unregistered

Re: Marks required in 10 2 CBSE for joining Merchant Navy?

my marks in p.c.m 55% above in class 12th.i clear merchant navy exam or what institute or college we have recognised

Unregistered

Is it possible to do merchant navy coarse after 12th with pcm 45%

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->>>> The Marks Required in 12th CBSE to get in to Merchant Navy are :--

>> To get in to Merchant Navy the Students must have PCM Subjects(Physics,Chemistry and Maths) and they Must Score the Minimum 60% marks in PCM Subjects..,

>> The CBSE students must have taken science subjects with English and mathematics as their main subjects with at least 60% aggregate....

-->> The Eligibility for the Merchant Navy are :--

-- The Candidate Should be unmarried male .

-- The Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination for being eligible .

-- Every candidate applying should have physics and maths as compulsory subject for Indian Navy and air force .

-- The Candidate must have Age limit is 16 years to 19.5 years..,

-- The Candidates must be Mentally and Physically fit..,

>> For more details you can go through the website :-- www.upsc.gov.in

.......GOOD LUCK............

aanchal sharma Array

Dear friend,

After 10+2 you can join merchant navy but you should be do 10+2 in pcm stream with 60% If you have not get 60% in 10+2 (pcm) then you will go for graduation (B.sc) with minimum 55% and eligible for merchant navy.

All the best

rachna k Array

The minimum marks that you have required to join Merchant navy is 60% for a general candidate. But it is 55% for SC/ST candidate.
    You can join merchant navy just after your 12th class or after doing your graduation mainly in Science field.
    Merchant navy posses a vast field for a candidate.this is a adventures field.

notification about Merchant navy comes time to time in various news papers. mainly among theses are Employment newspaper.

thanks

Unregistered

what is the percentage weightage in calss 10 and 12 for joining merchant navy

Unregistered

which are the collebes which give addmission in 52%in 10 2 PCM?

Unregistered

which college give addimission in merchant navy on 52% in 10 2 PCM?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?