Unregistered

Job opportunity in Merchant Navy for a Commerce student without Maths? Next step to join there?

Hi presently i am in 11th Commere with Multimedia and i font have Maths.please tell me Job Opportunities in Merchant Navy.And what should be my Next Step if i want to go for Merchant Navy.

ritwizb Array

Re: Job opportunity in Merchant Navy for a Commerce student without Maths? Next step to join there?

To join merchant navy a candidate must be from science stream with Physics,Chemistry & Maths should be main subjects.Should score more than 55% marks in 12th.A commerce student can not apply for merchant navy.Instead of that you can do CA.After your 12th you can apply for B>com,BBA,BMM & many more.You can also apply for other defence service.After your 12th you can apply for clerk.But better if you complete your graduation because once you complete it,it wil open doors for you.Then you can apply for civil service conducted by UPSC,for Combined graduate exam conducted by SSC,In any banks for the post of PO,For CDS,In other defense jobs like in Air force for ground duty officer,In NAvy for Logistic cadre.you can also apply for MBA.

nikhil202k Array

Re: Job opportunity in Merchant Navy for a Commerce student without Maths? Next step to join there?

Jobs opportunities in Merchant Navy for a Commerce Student: There is no jobs opportunities in Merchant Navy for a Commerce Student because to apply for Merchant Navy field you need to complete Marine Engineering degree or completed Pre-sea training.Direct entry in Merchant Navy field is possible but for that you should have 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.

For Deck Cadet post bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical and also join Merchant Navy as a Engine Cadet.The direct entry for Deck cadet is required to undergoes basic pre-sea training arranged by recruiting organization itself.

Educational Qualification : It is a essential component of Merchant Navy and to join this field you should have Marine Engineering degree and science stream candidates are allowed only.No such jobs opportunities in Merchant Navy for a Commerce student.

The career of Merchant Navy is a full of Adventure and travelling in ship.If you are well trained or experience Naval Officer than excellent career prospects in Public and Private companies.

The major areas or Jobs field of Merchant Navy are following as :

>>> By Various shipping organization like Public and Private sector

>>> Foreign companies offers good jobs prospects as compare of Indian Organizations.They also pay more salary enumeration with living facility for staff.

Salary Enumeration: The starting salary of fresh Marine engineers is lying in between 18,000/- to 45,000/- Rs. per month and after gaining training and according to experience your salary package is increases.

This Merchant Navy department also offer other facilities like free passes for ship,travelling accommodation for staff member and other annual benefits.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

List of institutes/Colleges offering Marine engineering are following as :

>>> Marine Engineering and Research Institute,Mumbai

>>> Advance Marine Institute & Research

>>> Training ship Chanakya

>>> Marine Engineering and Research Institute,Kolkata

Regards
    Nikhil

Unregistered

Smile Re: Job opportunity in Merchant Navy for a Commerce student without Maths? Next step to join there?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi presently i am in 11th Commere with Multimedia and i font have Maths.please tell me Job Opportunities in Merchant Navy.And what should be my Next Step if i want to go for Merchant Navy.
    Yes, you have tremendous job opportunities from commerce stream & without maths in Merchant Navy. You have to do 28 months COC 3 course, then you can directly join as a Third Deck Officer to Merchant Navy. For more details, please contact us on these numbers 9620017186, 9620030010 either on this email id - iimsdharwad1@gmail.com

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    for merchant navy job a candidate must be of science straem having physics , chemistry , maths as their main subject.. with minimum marks of 65% ....
    for doing job in merchant navy you have to clear the entrance exams like IIT-JEE, IGNOU etc .after which you have to take degree in marine enginerring . and after that you can apply in any company national as well as multinational....
    all the best.......

wipro84 Array

To join merchant navy a candidate must be from science stream with Physics,Chemistry & Maths should be main subjects.Should score more than 55% marks in 12th.A commerce student can not apply for merchant navy.Instead of that you can do CA.After your 12th you can apply for B>com,BBA,BMM & many more.You can also apply for other defence service.After your 12th you can apply for clerk.But better if you complete your graduation because once you complete it,it wil open doors for you.Then you can apply for civil service conducted by UPSC,for Combined graduate exam conducted by SSC,In any banks for the post of PO,For CDS,In other defense jobs like in Air force for ground duty officer,In NAvy for Logistic cadre.you can also apply for MBA.

King Array

Hello Dear,
    To the best of my Knowledge to apply for Merchant Navy field you need to complete Marine Engineering degree or completed Pre-sea training.Direct entry in Merchant Navy field is possible but for that you should have 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.The career of Merchant Navy is a full of Adventure and travelling in ship.If you are well trained or experience Naval Officer than excellent career prospects in Public and Private companies.You have to do 28 months COC 3 course, then you can directly join as a Third Deck Officer to Merchant Navy.Both private and govt. organization give highly lucrative salary.
    So you have a bright future ahead.
    Good Luck.
    Thank You.

grotesque Array

Dear sir,
    - The subjects required to go for the course of Merchant navy is Physics, Chemistry and Maths with minimum of 60% marks in 12th.
    - As you said that you are in 11th standard and in the commerce stream then first of all , you have to transfer in the non-medical field in 12th and achieve min.60 % marks in PCM then only there is a scope for you to apply in the Merchant navy.
    All the best

Unregistered

dear sir,
    i m presently doing graduatio with commerce so how i can join merchant navi .please tell me

bipin Array

Well sorry to say you are not eligible for merchant navy as you have completed your education in commerce background.

Eligibility for merchant navy:

- Nationality:

Indian

Your age should not more than 20 years.

- Academic qualifications:

You have to pass your 10+2 or equivalent having passed chemistry,mathematics and physics as elective subjects.

Unregistered

Dear sir,
    there is lot of confusion some one says that yes you enter in merchant navy without pcm and maths and some one say that no you will not enter in merchant navy without pcm because you are the student of commerce strem
    please some help me and give me right direction

AKHIL THAKUR

Unregistered

can commerce student can join merchant after12 class.
    if yes how much percent is requried

Supra Array

To join merchant navy a candidate must be from science stream with Physics,Chemistry & Maths should be main subjects.Should score more than 55% marks in 12th.A commerce student can not apply for merchant navy.Instead of that you can do CA.After your 12th you can apply for B>com,BBA,BMM & many more.You can also apply for other defence service.After your 12th you can apply for clerk.But better if you complete your graduation because once you complete it,it wil open doors for you.Then you can apply for civil service conducted by UPSC,for Combined graduate exam conducted by SSC,In any banks for the post of PO,For CDS,In other defense jobs like in Air force for ground duty officer,In NAvy for Logistic cadre.you can also apply for MBA

climber Array

Hi,
    Eligibilty for the Merchant Navy:
    • Candidate should be an Indian.
    • Their age must be between 18 to 42 years at the time of applying.
    • should have graduate from any recognized university.
    • The employed person who is working in central government must have pay allowences and previleges.

Selection procedure for Mercxhant Navy:
    • Preliminary interview boards held at respective TA group headquarters.
    • SSB interview
    • Medical And police verification

Important topic about merchant navy:
    merchant-navy.jpg

for more details please visit : http://www.merchantnavy.co.in/

All the best...............

Unregistered

I am a 12th commerce passed could i join merchant navy
    if yes pls inform me @ (Jatinder verma)

Unregistered

how much the salary offered to comerse stutudent

Unregistered

I m commerce stream student....can I join merchant navy after 12?

Unregistered

hello sir i am a commercs site student and i am getting chance to join merchant navy from a intitute at dehradun and they are saying that they will give me P.S. training (pre-sea training) and it certificated under 9001:2008 and from panama so sir may i join it tell me yes or no as soon as possible because the dates to join are passing away and i have just two days two give my fees so sir do it fast you can also reply me at krnchdh@gmail.com
    my name is Karan Chadha

Sadaf yasmin Array

Hello,You need to appear for CDS exam.You can get selected for IMA(Indian Military Academy) and OTA(Officer Training Academy) for Army.You can not be selected for Airforce or Naval Academy as these requires Physics+Maths.For IMA and OTA you need to be a graduate from any stream from a recognised university and your age should be within 19-24 for IMA and 19-23 for OTA.CDS exam is conducted by UPSC twice a year and you can check for all other details on the website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov. in

subodh1014022 Array

hi,
    dear riend,
    SORRY!!! their is no job opportunities for commerce students in MERCHANT NAVY , as in this course only the science stream candidates can apply , many institute accross the country who provide degree in MARINE ENGINEERING , after getting this degree , you have to go training perion that is usually 6-12 monts period , and after successfull completion of your training you will became a MERCHANT NAVY OFFICER.

so, al, the best , and its better if you go for CA(charteret accountant) or other jobs related to commerce background............

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant..

Sorry to say that there is no jobs oppourtinities in Merchant Navy for a Commerce Student without Maths..

The Educational Criteria for in Merchant Navy are as follows..

60% Marks in Aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Methamatics in 10+2. So as a commerce Student you can

not be a part of Merchant Navy. How ever you can only Apply for Indian Army. You are also Not elegible for

Indian Airforce and Indian Navy. You can continue your further studies and you can become a CA.

Vision Criteria in Merchant Navy:-

Progress Chart in Merchant Navy:-

Salary Structure For Merchant Navy:-

arunwillbe1 Array

hi,

To join merchant navy a candidate must be from science stream with Physics,Chemistry & Maths should be main subjects.Should score more than 55% marks in 12th.A commerce student can not apply for merchant navy.Instead of that you can do CA.After your 12th you can apply for B>com,BBA,BMM & many more.You can also apply for other defence service.After your 12th you can apply for clerk.But better if you complete your graduation because once you complete it,it wil open doors for you.Then you can apply for civil service conducted by UPSC,for Combined graduate exam conducted by SSC,In any banks for the post of PO,For CDS,In other defense jobs like in Air force for ground duty officer,In NAvy for Logistic cadre.you can also apply for MBA

RIYA19 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi,
    dear riend,
    SORRY!!! their is no job opportunities for commerce students in MERCHANT NAVY , as in this course only the science stream candidates can apply , many institute accross the country who provide degree in MARINE ENGINEERING , after getting this degree , you have to go training perion that is usually 6-12 monts period , and after successfull completion of your training you will became a MERCHANT NAVY OFFICER.

so, al, the best , and its better if you go for CA(charteret accountant) or other jobs related to commerce background............

chandu22 Array

Hai friends
    sorry to say this you not eligibility for the merchant navy because you are studied your 12 in the commerce ,the commerce can not eligibility to the merchant navy ,only the maths are eligibility for the merchant navy

to join in the merchant navy you must be an indian citizen

only the unmarried boys are eligibility to the merchant navy

girls are not eligibility to an merchant navy

your age must be minimum17 years
    and the maximum age is 19 years
    should not excised 20 years

so better you can join in the cpt course
    after that you can icwa exam
    after that you can go for the ca course

hope this information helps you

good luck

+ Reply to Thread