Unregistered

Information about ICWA? Is that course beneficial for getting a job in Account and Finance?

well just tell me about ICWA course. I have done MBA in finance and B.sc in non Medical right now iam faceing a problem not getting opportunity in accounts and finance due to b.sc background. I want to make my career in finance field. So please tell me about ICWA. Will it be a benifical for me?

Oracle 9 Array

Re: Information about ICWA? Is that course beneficial for getting a job in Account and Finance?

Best course would be Chartered Accountancy in the finance field.

As you are saying you are facing problem due to your being B.sc graduate and you being Interested in finance field

than you should opt for thorough course in the field that is Chartered Accountancy course.

It will provide you detail knowledge about the financial department of any organization .

Chartered Accountant are required every where means in every sector or you can even work independently after completing the course.

Both the courses (CA and ICWAI) have similar pattern of examination and you can skip the foundation level

if you have completed your graduation from recognized university and hold 55% to 60% marks in your graduation.

for futher information about CA visit

www.icai.org

ICWAI

The course trained you in accounting,cost and management audit and tax function.

Institute of Cost and Works Accountants Of India is also a good course but Chartered Accountancy is better.

For more information contact

AICWA Directorate of CAT icwai Bhawan,
    3, Institutional Area lodhi road,
    new delhi 110003

WEBSITE

www.myicwai.com

grotesque Array

Re: Information about ICWA? Is that course beneficial for getting a job in Account and Finance?

Dear sir/madam,
    ICWA course is very demanding these days. ICWAI stands for Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India And it is a premier professional body of Management Accountants in the country. And The ICWAI course are divided into 3 stages, Foundation Course, Intermediate Course And Final. For each course eligiblity criteria are different and the criteria are as follows :

- Minimum qualification required is 12th in any stream.
    - The age is not less than 17 years.
    - There is no any minimum marks required for the admission in ICWA foundation.

* But if you have completed your graduation degree examination, then you are eligible for Intermediate course and if you pass the Intermediate course, then you are eligible for Final Course.

* The fees structure for both these course are different, So i will provide you the details of fees structure of both the courses, please check the given fees structure of ICWAI -
    - Fees structure for foundation course :
    * Cost of Prospectus - Rs. 200

* Postal Tuition Fee including study material Was Rs. 3500

* Oral Coaching Fee including study material Was Rs. 3500

- Fees structure for inter course :
    * Cost of Prospectus - Rs. 200

* Postal Tuition Fee including study material Was Rs. 7000

* Oral Coaching Fee including study material was Rs. 11000.

- Documents to be enclosed :
    1.Bank Draft ( as mentioned above)
    2.Attested Copy of Matriculation Certificate
    3.Attested copy of 10+2 Certificate or Marks Statement
    4.Attested copy of the degree
    5.Three photographs attested and pasted on the form.

- The Examination was held two times in a year, First in the month of June and Another in the month of December, And For June Term Examination apply before 05th December of previous year and for December Term Examination apply before 05th June. The registration form and syllabus of ICWAI course are availiable in the official website, You can download easily from there, if you are interested to apply for ICWAI course.

- YA sur, you will definitly get the job in the accounts and finance sector after ICWA.

All the best

shubhasharma Array

Well, in ICWA course, candidates can pursue their career as cost and management Accountant. Besides being a cost accountant, ICWA holders can enter into managerial positions available in various organizations under both private as well as public sector. It is possible to join as credit officer, chief accountant or mnagers in various banks like Union Bank of India, Dena Bank, etc.Another job opportunity available is to work as an Internal Auditor of Securities Exchange Board of India (SEBI). National Steel and Agro Industries Limited also recruit ICWA holders to the post of Internal Auditors. Other job opportunities available for ICWA holders are in Consultancy Firms, Financial Institutions, Developmental Agencies, Government Departments and Other regulatory bodies.

Unregistered

How much of the salary can get an ICWA student in india

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    Knowledge is always beneficial, ICWA is also a good field, but i suggest you to go for some certificate courses in finance like NISM certificates, 6 - sigma certifications, and other diploma courses of Finance, Learn the analysing skills by reading the newzpaper and seeing the stock market analysis on CNBC in evening, Try to draw your own excel charts of the prices of stock and interpret them and check whether your interpretation has gone correct or if not find the answer to WHY?,
    Finance field gives return in long term, after gaining atleast 5-7 years of experience... You can go for CFP or CFA if you are highly interested in doing some professional courses...

All the very best...
    Raj@08

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    It depends upon your calibre and your negotiations skill and what is their in your resume, if it is your first job then, first look for good company not salary, first create your image in the market and gain good experience with lots of learning, Money may come or go, but experience which you will gain will never go and is going to give you more salary in future...
    ICWA normally gets 20K to 25K if fresher initially,,

All the very best..
    Raj@08

Unregistered

can i pursue icwa in final year of graduation ? if yes plz say how.

Lks Rcs Array

hi ,

there some information given below :

ICWAI (INSTITUTE OF COST AND WORK ACCOUNTANT) :

ELIGIBILITY :

- candidate must complete 12th in recognized board .

- candidate must scored minimum 50% of marks .

COURSES DETAILS :

THREE STAGES :

- foundation
    - intermediate
    - final

FOUNDATION :

- there is foundation level is the starting stage . after complete
    12th can join this foundation level

INTERMEDIATE :

- In this intermediate level only can study for an who are all complete
    degree holders can directly join intermediate level . there is no problems.

- candidate can complete the foundation level also study the next level
    is intermediate level

* GROUP 1
    * GROUP 2

FINAL :

- In this level can complete the intermediate level like
    group 1 and group 2 who are all complete this two section in
    intermediate are eligible to study this final level.

* GROUP 3
    * GROUP 4

FORMS AVAILABLE :

- every June month and December month .

I hope the above information are useful to you .

Unregistered

what is the work of CWA? can any 1 tell me in detail.....

popeye Array

ICWAI - Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India

ICWA course related to commerce field but any candidate of any stream can apply ICWA course.

There are three stages to pursue Cost Accountant course :

1. Foundation Course
    2. Intermediate Course
    3. Final Course

If you have completed your 12th class you can join for the Foundation Course. Also The minimum age for applying for the ICWA course is 17 years.

If you have completed your graduation you can directly enter in to the Intermediate Course.

If you pass in the second stage of the exam i.e Intermediate Course you will be directly eligible for attending Final Course.

The same thing is shown in following chart. You can go through it as it will helpful to understand course structure.

icwai_chart.jpg

Scope of ICWA Course :

There are many job opportunities for you after completing your ICWAI course.

There are many vacancies in DELL,Banking sectors ,government sectors etc

You can do your career in following field

- Accounting

- Taxation

- Corporate law

- Auditing

- Corporate finance

Unregistered

what are the subjects in foundation course in icwa

Dharmendra Bhavsar Array

Dear Sir,

I have completed MBA(Finance) and M.Com.
    I am interested in ICWA Course.
    Can you give me idea of this course in brief regarding Course,Fee Structure,Duration, Group and it's subject, Eligibility for passing course,any exemption in brief?

Please help me about in this matter as early as possible

Regards,
    Dharmendra Bhavsar
    dbhavsar001@gmail.com

selvakumar Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    well just tell me about ICWA course. I have done MBA in finance and B.sc in non Medical right now iam faceing a problem not getting opportunity in accounts and finance due to b.sc background. I want to make my career in finance field. So please tell me about ICWA. Will it be a benifical for me?
    Yes definitely ICWAI Course so beneficial to get job in Financial as well as Accounting Field . ICWAI course is related to Accounts , So, Definitely you may get job in Accounting Field .

ICWAI stands for Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India . It is an Professional Course . The duration of the course is for four years and the ICWAI course are divided into 3 stages, Foundation Course/ Intermediate Course
    / Final Course .

The Eligibiltiy Criteria for each may be different ,

To apply for Foundation course you should complete 12th standard (or) equalent Examination in any discipline from recognized University . There is no Separate Entrance Examination
    ICWAI course . So, After completing 12th standard you may directly apply for Intermediate course .

If your complete Bachelor degre then your directly eligible to apply for Intermediate course . The candidate who complete ICAI/ICSI/ICFA may also eligible to apply for Intermediate
    course

To apply Final course you should qualified in Intermediate course .

Fees structure ICWAI Course :-

Foundation Course :-

Cost of Prospectus - Rs. 200/-

Postal Tuition Fee including study material Was Rs. 3500/-

Oral Coaching Fee including study material Was Rs. 3500/-

Intermediate Course :-

Cost of Prospectus - Rs. 200/-

Postal Tuition Fee including study material Was Rs. 7000/-

Oral Coaching Fee including study material was Rs. 11000 /-

You have to enclosed following documents with Application Form :-

-Bank Draft
    -Attested Copy of Matriculation Certificate
    -Attested copy of 12th standard Marks Statement
    -Attested copy of the degree Certificate
    -Three photographs attested and pasted on the form

Unregistered

may i knw wether ther is any similarity in syllbus of pgdm n icwa
    if yes dn wat r those

Unregistered

i have just now completed my b.com and confused now what to do further whether b.com or m.com or m.b.a?which is better help?

Unregistered

Hi,i am Sayantan and i am doing icwa courses. So,please tell me that if it is possible to complete the icwa courses along with the job and What can have job oppurtunities i can get after completing the course.

siddjain93 Array

ICWA stands for INSTITITE OF COST AND WORKS ACCOUNTANTS OF INDIA. This is the best course for those who want to make a career in finance and management.

There are three stages in ICWA course which you have to clear for the successful completion of course. The three stages in ICWA course are-

1- Foundation Course
    2- Intermediate Course
    3- Final Course.

In order to appear in foundation course you must have clear class 12th from a recognised university with minimum 50% marks.

After successful completion of Foundation course you can appear in Intermediate course. Those students who have completed their graduation can directly appear in Intermediate course. They don't need to appear in foundation course.

After completing Intermediate course you become eligible to get admission in Final course.

For pursuing ICWA you need to choose postal or oral coaching.

You can register for this course any time during the year.

Exams are usually scheduled in the months of June and December.

You have to study following subjects in different stages of ICWA course-

Foundation level

• Organization & Management Fundamentals
    • Accounting
    • Economics and Business Fundamentals
    • Business Mathematics, Statistics

Intermediate Level

• Commercial and Industrial Laws and Auditing
    • Financial Accounting
    • Cost & Management Accounting
    • Applied Direct Taxes
    • Applied Indirect Taxes
    • Operation Management and Information Systems
    Final Level

• Management Accounting –Enterprise Performance Management
    • Capital Market Analysis & Corporate Laws
    • Financial Management & International Finance
    • Indirect & Direct - Tax Management
    • Advanced Financial Accounting & Reporting
    • Cost Audit & Operational Audit
    • Management Accounting -Strategic Management
    • Business Valuation Management

Fees structure of Foundation course -

Cost of Prospectus - Rs. 200

Postal Tuition Fee including study material Was Rs. 3500

Oral Coaching Fee including study material Was Rs. 3500

Fees Structure of Intermediate Course -

Cost of Prospectus - Rs. 200

Postal Tuition Fee including study material Was Rs. 7000

Oral Coaching Fee including study material was Rs. 11000.

Unregistered

hello sir
    i have completed my engineering and working in construction field
    so can u tell me the future of mine after completing the ICWA course

shars Array

hi,

most mnc's took mba finance candidates when there background is finance in degree.so you are also facing the problem. if you do icwa it will be useful for you getting the oppourtunities in finance field.

following is the information about icwa.

ICWAI, course is offered by icai.for entering into icwzi you have to register with icai.

process of registering with icai includes:

@icwai training includes 3 stages:
    1)foundation course
    2)intermediatelevel
    3)final course

eligibility for the foundation course:
    10+2 and must be 17 years of age.

eligibility for the intermediate course:
    10+2, graduation and the candiadate should not less than 18 years in age.

@when to apply:

icwai exam will commence twice in a yeaaaar in june and in december.

for registration for june exam you should have to register until dec05 of the year
    for the december exam you should have to register until 05 june of present year.

where to apply:

application form has to download from the official website of icai http:// www.icai.com

duly filled application forms have to submit to thte respective regional councils.

fee of registration form is 200/-

along the registration form you have to attach 10th memo for foundation course aloong with gazetted officer stamp and with 3 photos.
    for intermediate course degree meme, inter memo,3 photos

fee structure:
    intermediate course:15,700/-
    final course:11000/-

Unregistered

i am b.com graduate and i want to knowhow many semesters to complete this course.
    shailja

Unregistered

hi i have done my graduation in Bsc and masters in MBA - Finance. M i eligible to go for intermediate course directly. please respond in my id pratimag61@gmail.com

Unregistered

I have completed my B.E Computer Science Engineering and joined M.B.A , i want to know whether doing ICWAI or CS will be benifit me in getting jobs in future after completing my M.B.A. I also like to know ICWAI and CS is a certificate course or degree course. If there is any value add course for M.B.A pls infor me.

k.uma Array

HI FRIEND,

ICWA stands for cost and work Accountancy.

Courses in ICWA:-
    1.Foundation course of ICWAI
    2.Intermediate course of ICWAI
    3.Final course of ICWAI

ELIGIBILITY:
    1.A student must have completed 17 years of ages
    2.Must have passed the senior secondary examination (10+2) of any board recognized by the central or state government.

Specializations:
    ICWAI - Statistics,Tax laws and tax planning, Auditing, cost and management accountancy

Few job types under this field:-
    1.Associate professor
    2.Accountant
    3.Chief Accountant
    4.Chief Accountant
    5.Finance Manager
    6.Financial controller
    7.Marketing Manager
    8.Managing Director
    9.Professor

Some of the best Institutions for ICWAI course:-

1.Badruka Institute of professional studies
    2.Ahmedabad chapter of cost Accountants
    3.coimbatore chapter of ICWAI, coimbatore
    4.Gurgaon chapter of ICWAI , Gurgaon

"best of luck"

Unregistered

Can u please tell icwa coaching center in Hyderabad.............

eduforall Array

Hi,

As you have done MBA , then I would suggest you to go for CA rather than ICWA, as CA has better scope. But since, you have asked for ICWA information, i am sharing the same with you .

ICWAI conducts ICWA and CWA course.

Exams are held two times in a year i.e. on 11th to 18th June and on 10th to 17th December.

ICWAI course can be done in 2 ways -

Oral coaching means you can join any certified coaching center.

Postal coaching means you can do it part time and simultaneously you can do any another course also.

The course is divided into three stages -

1. Foundation

2. Intermediate

3. Final

Duration Of the course-

Foundation Course - Six months

Intermediate course - Twelve months

Final Course - Twelve months

Scope of the course –

ICWAI has got good scope.

After doing this course, you can apply to –

CA firms

Accounts departments to any private company

Banking

Finance companies

Badshah Array

• To enhance the knowledge in Finance and accounting field, then you need to go for Charatered accountant (CA) course.
    • However if you want to go for Icwa course then you may go for it which is related to Cost and work accounting and audit.
    ICWA course has three stages-
    1. Foundation course.
    2. Intermediate course.
    3. and at last Final course.
    • Since you have the qualification of graduation, you can directly enter into the intermediate course without clearing the foundation course.
    • You will also have to undergo a three years industrial training.

Unregistered

Hi,
    I took icwai admission in 2010, i didn\'t give an exam, can i able to continue this course or i need to take fresh admission?? please help me on this

Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in 2012-13..with First class....64%...
    now i m think about ICWA..so plz...give me inforamation about the ICWA course..and told me..after completing this course...job ..?????.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?