Unregistered

How to start preparing for IAS exam to become a Collector after 12th from arts group?

i am a student of arts group of class 12 so how can i start preparation for ias exam to achive my ain to be an collector.pls help me by tel me how to start preparation for ias.

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Re: How to start preparing for IAS exam to become a Collector after 12th from arts group?

Hi Buddy,

The eligibility for becoming an IAS is

Academic Qualification :

* You must be a graduate in any of the streams from a recognized university.

It is good to see that you're clear about your interest, In order for you to make yourself eligible you must have complete graduation, only then you apply for IAS. So, decide and take the appropriate measures.

Civils is one of the most toughest examination in India, so make reading as a habit and follow newspapers/magazines, constantly be in touch with current affairs and latest happenings,if you're eligible take time don't just be in a hurry to take the exam and waste an attempt, if you wish to appear for Civil examination take an year time so that you could prepare well.

You have a goal now strive hard with determination and confidence, achieve higher in career.
    All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

bipin Array

Re: How to start preparing for IAS exam to become a Collector after 12th from arts group?

It good to hear that ,you are so much excited to knowthe process of Civil Services exams .So , you are at the very early stage of preparing for UPSC exam.

To apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation degree course because 12Th passed candidates are not eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

Eligibility Criteria

Educational Qualification : You must be a graduate in any stream (Engineering, Medical, Commerce, Arts etc. it doesn't matters). There is no restriction for aggregate.

Age Limits
    - For General Candidates
    Age Limit - Between 21 - 30 years.
    Number of attempts allowed: 4 times

- For OBC Candidates
    Age Limit - Between 21 - 33 years (Because there is relaxation of about 3 years)
    Number of attempts allowed: 7 times

- For SC/ST Candidates
    Age Limit - Between 21 - 35 years (Because there is relaxation of about 5 years)
    Number of attempts allowed: No Limit

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Hi,
    you are class XII student and your dream become a IAS officer this is very appreciated dream, best of luck

the minimum eligibility for IAS officer a Graduation degree with any stream from recognize university doesn't matter it is regular or correspondence, just concentrate on your target,
    firstly you have to complete your NCERT books this is very helpful for you and purchase a GK books lucent and every day read this material definitely you will success and one thing more read daily newspaper and magzine line Cronical, Pratiyogita Darpan, this will also help you

After completing your graduation you will a some coaching centre for IAS exam

best of luck

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    to became an IAS officer you have work hard , first of the eligibility criteria for IAS entrance exam is that you have to be a graduate from any recognised university of india..
    with a certain required percentage of marks generally 60% marks....
    after this you have to prepare for the entrance exam , i tell you that it is the toughest exam in the country , so start your preparation from today onwards......

all the best for your future.............

subham21 Array

DEAR FRIEND,
    THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BECOMING AN COLLECTOR IS CANDIDATE MUST BE GRADUATE FROM ANY RECOGNISED UNIVERSITY/INSTITUTION.
    AFTER 12TH U HAVE TO GO FOR GRADUATE DEGREE i.e bechlor in arts. gain more knowledge.
    after beclor degree try to prepare for ias exam, read newspaper everyday,knowledge about current affairs.how to manage & control any situation.study ias realted books.
    best ofluck for future............

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am a student of arts group of class 12 so how can i start preparation for ias exam to achive my ain to be an collector.pls help me by tel me how to start preparation for ias.
    hi!
    After 12th If you want to become I.A.S officer then you have to pass the graduation with any stream,,,
    I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year..

QUALIFICATION:- Graduation with any stream from recoginised university..
    Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination
    but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

AGE LIMT:-

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over
    30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

NATIONALATY:-
    Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.

For more detail log on to www..upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!

abikrishin Array

For writing the IAS exam the main criteria is that you must have a degree in hand. You have ample amount of time. Its best that you join an institute for IAS coaching where they train you intensively. As of now, you can start by reading the newspaper everyday and reading about the indian history. you can choose which stream you are goin to take up as your main stream for the IAS exam. accordingly you can prepare by reading general books and NCERT books. After your final year of the degree program join in some reputed institutes. you ll require one year of preparation and another year of the examination process.
    my best wishes to you

chinna Array

Hi Buddy,

The eligibility for becoming an IAS is

Academic Qualification :

* You must be a graduate in any of the streams from a recognized university.

It is good to see that you're clear about your interest, In order for you to make yourself eligible you must have complete graduation, only then you apply for IAS. So, decide and take the appropriate measures.

Civils is one of the most toughest examination in India, so make reading as a habit and follow newspapers/magazines, constantly be in touch with current affairs and latest happenings,if you're eligible take time don't just be in a hurry to take the exam and waste an attempt, if you wish to appear for Civil examination take an year time so that you could prepare well.

sameer007 Array

Dear friend,
    To crack the civil services exam you should have very wide knowledge in almost every field and most specially in your own subjects.
    Being an art student you should choose the subjects in which you have graduated.
    for preliminary exam you have study almost every subject because the question paper for preliminary contains various questions from different fields.
    for more details http://www.upsc.gov.in/
    thank you and best of luck...

Prince_Abby Array

Hi Friend,
    You have a Great Dream friend. let me Guide You Properly.
    The Minimum eligibility For IAS Officer is you must be graduate from recognized Institution.

To Prepare for it firstly try to cover your NCERT Books and Other Reference books. But The Major part of the Exam is general Awareness.
    Start Reading Newspapers magazines like Cronical, india today etc. Be updated with the Current affairs of the country.
    Work hard and you will be succeed.

The Demerit,why i drop from this idea was the POLITICS, Politicians play with You. An IAS officer suffers a lot of thing being below the Politicians.
    If you are a Girl i will say No For your Dream.

All the Best.

adi_netgenie Array

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) is one of the most respected and class one service in the central government of India

==ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA==

you must be a graduate from any discipline from any recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology

==AGE LIMIT==

21-30 years GENERAL CANDIDATES
    21-32 years OBC
    21-35years SC/ST

==Number of Permissible attempts==

4times GENERAL CANDIDATES
    7 times OBC
    unlimited SC/ST

===to crack IAS entrance examination you need to have good knowledge on four basic topics===
    1.English : the most toughest part in IAS is the English paper. the paper is made very tough so that only the very best students can solve it and crack the exam. Since you are from humanities group you will get solid advantage here and so you must give more stress on this and try to get more marks in this section

2.Mathematical Problems:
    you must do maths very well and you must be well aware of the quick maths solving methods so that you can apply them to solve maths quicker than others in the examination

3.Aptitude:
    practice as many aptitudes as possible......aptitudes are very tough in this examination.........you need to have a good presence of mind and you must apply all your wits to solve the puzzles and aptitudes

4.INTERVIEW:
    this is the ,most toughest part of the examination where many experience IAS officers will judge you from all aspects.you will be asked questions from any field,,.....any topic....and you need to give a suitable answer for that.......you will be asked problems where you will need your wits to solve it ....... if you succeed to meet up their expectations, you will get the job !!!!!!!!!

you make take private tutions for IAS .there are many tutorials in INDIA offering coaching for IAS .
    in some fields you need to have some kind of experienced help and guidance.....
    moreover they will teach you time management and also take mock test which will help you to get familiar with the examination pattern and thus you can give your best output in the examination

so start preparing early .......

WISH YOU GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anu7 Array

How To Prepare For Prelims

QUALIFICATION:- Graduation with any stream from recoginised university..

Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination
    but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

AGE LIMT:-

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over
    30 years on August 1 of the year of examination

there are some book for ias

UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS (PRE) 2011 (Part-II)
    by
    Sachchida Nand Jha
    Publisher: Upscportal Publications (2011)

UPSC IAS Civil Services Exam 2011 Syllabus
    by
    Gkp
    Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Unregistered

how to prepare ias exam after BE with IT stream plz suggest me and which subject is switable for me

Unregistered

which stream should be choosen to become collector

Unregistered

hi sir i passed class 12th having pcmb...nw what to do.....

Nathan Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now. you are 12th standard,so you only concentrated on your public board examination,so after complete the board examination you concentrated on IPS preparation. and i will provide some information about the IAS.

IAS stands For Indian Administrative Service and this examination is conducted by Union public service commission for once per year.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS:-
    >>you should be complete the degree in any stream from recognized university,There is no minimum percentage marks to require for this examination.and final year candidates also eligible for this examination.
    >>you age should between 21 to 30years
    >>you should be citizen of india

Note:- Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for this examination.

Selection Procedure for IAS in Three stages:-
    >>preliminary examination
    >>Main examination and
    >>Interview

you can apply for this examination both online and offline.

More details visit on official website:-http://www.upsc.gov.in

popeye Array

You are in 12th , so you should concentrate on study of 12th exam which is more important for your future. There is lot time to prepare after your 12th. So for now I will tell you IAS Exam eligibility and IAS Exam pattern.

upsc ias.jpeg

The Selection for IAS examination is done in following phases :

• Civil Service Aptitude Test
    • Main Examination
    • Personal Interview

Eligibility Criteria for IAS Exam
    =====================================

- You need to complete graduation in any stream from recognized university.
    - You must be citizen of India.
    - Your age must be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will applicable for SC/ST candidates and OBC candidates as follow.

upsc age.jpg

Number of Attempts
    ==============================

=> For General candidates - 4 times
    => For OBC candidates - 7 times
    => For SC/ST candidates - No Limit

For more Information about IAS exam you can check at the Official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Unregistered

how to prepare for ias exam after passing 12th from pcm . sir can person with spectacles become an ias officer.

shars Array

Hai,

it is good thing to start preparation for ias from 12th itself.

First you have to know the eligibility criteria of ias.

@you must complete graduation from a recognized university.
    @age must be 21-30 years for general
    @obc have 3 years age relaxation
    @sc/st have 5 years
    @physically handicapped 10 years.

@general candidate can make 4 attempts. Obc 7 attempts.

@as you are a arts student you are well known about history civics and economics which are key to ias exam.

@so first complete your gradaution.
    @12th arts books have foundation syllabus gather the syllabus of ias.
    @after graduation join coaching classes then you will give your best

all the best

mxsiva4u Array

IAS Examination-Details

Educational qualification:-
    Graduation in any discipline or any bachelor's degree.

The graduation must be complete from a recognised university and no need of percentage restrictions.

Final year graduates are also eligible.

Nationality:-

You must an Indian origin.

Age criteria:-

For General category: 21 years to 30 years,

For OBC category: 21years to 33 years,

For SC/ST category: 21 years to 35 years.

Selection steps:-

Civil Services Preliminary exam,

Civil Services Mains examination,

Personal interview

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?