Unregistered

How to prepare for IPS Officer? Information about qualification, age, medical test, physical test, entrance test paper and selection test for the same?

RESPECTED SIR, PLEASE GUIDE & INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOW TO PREPARE "I.P.S" officers . PLEASE GUIDE ME ABOUT QUALIFICATION,AGE, MEDICAL TEST, PHYSICAL TEST, ENTRANCE & PAPER TEST, SELECTION TEST, INTERVIEW TEST. PLEASE SEND THESE ALL INFORMATION TO MY EMAIL ID--prashantkashiv@gmail.com. i am thankful to you. Prashant Kashiv.

Unregistered

Re: How to prepare for IPS Officer? Information about qualification, age, medical test, physical test, entrance test paper and selection test for the same?

i am doing b.sc......... ijust want to ask that what my first step for preparing for civil services.... plz suggest me my first step to became an I.P.S. officer

bill gates Array

Re: How to prepare for IPS Officer? Information about qualification, age, medical test, physical test, entrance test paper and selection test for the same?

:::::::::::Indian Police Service Officers (IPS)::::::::::::

Dear Aspirant,

If you want to become a IPS Officer,You have to take All India Civil Service Exam.

If you want to take All India Civil Service Exam,You should satisfy eligibility Criteria for this Exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualifications:Any Graduate from recognized University can eligible to apply for this Exam,Final year students of Graduation also can eligible

Age Limits: Minimum Age require to apply for this Exam is 21 years of age can eligible to apply for these posts

Maximum age for General Category Candidates is 30 years of age,for Backward Category Candidates is 33 years of age ,SC/ST Candidates is 35 years of age

Physical Standards

Height :

Minimum height for Males 165 CM ,Females-150CM for General Category Candidates.

Other than General Category Candidates 160CM for Male and 145CM for Female Candidates for Minimum Height require

Chest:
    Chest Males Minimum 84 CM,Should be expandable up to 5CM

Chess Females 79,Should be expandable up to 5CM

Selection Procedure:
    • Step-I Preliminary Exam
    • Step-II Mains Exam
    • Step-III Interview
    These three steps involve in selection procedure of IPS Officers Exam

Detailed Information about Preliminary Exam

Preliminary Exam:
    • Paper-I is General Studies
    • Paper-II is Civil Service Aptitude Test
    How to Prepare for Exam:

First you have to start your preparation with preliminary Exam,If you qualified in Preliminary Exam,You can Eligible for Mains Exam

For General Studies ,You have to cover following topics those are as follows
    • Economy
    • Polity
    • History
    • Geography
    • Current Affairs
    • Ecology,Environment,Bio-Diversity
    • General Science
    These are important topics for preparation of General Studies

You have to make a Good Time Table and Revision is very essential for Civil Service Exam

You have to refer more than one references to know the Basics of any concept

Very Useful Magazines:
    • Competition Success Review Magazine
    • Pratiyogita Darpan Magazine
    These above two magazines very useful for your preparation

Unregistered

i pass 12th science this year.which cours i choos eligibal for an ips officer.

Unregistered

i pass 12th science.which cours i choos eligibal for an ips officer.

climber Array

Hi,

If you want to become an IPS officer you have to take all India civil service examination.

This exam will have two parts.they are the preliminary examination and the main examination.
    The preliminary exam will comprises of two parts:
    general studies
    CSAT

Syllabus for IPS:

• Quantitive aptitude
    • verbal ability
    • Di
    • Reasoning ability
    • General awareness

The main examination will comprises of the following papers:

One Indian language
    English
    essay
    general studies
    Any two optional subjects

each of these papers will have duration of 3 hours.
    Preparation for IPS:
    • The candidate will need to be familiar with the current news and other happening of the Indian economy.
    • To get ready for their exams,read guide books ,newspapers and journals.
    • Reading news papers will help to get a good hold on the english language.

All the best...................

Unregistered

hello sir what are the book mostly wanted for preparation of ips exam for preliminary and main exam.please send me information on my email id rubina.khan4295@gmail.com i will thankful to you sir

Nathan Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    RESPECTED SIR, PLEASE GUIDE & INFORMATION ABOUT THE HOW TO PREPARE "I.P.S" officers . PLEASE GUIDE ME ABOUT QUALIFICATION,AGE, MEDICAL TEST, PHYSICAL TEST, ENTRANCE & PAPER TEST, SELECTION TEST, INTERVIEW TEST. PLEASE SEND THESE ALL INFORMATION TO MY EMAIL ID--prashantkashiv@gmail.com. i am thankful to you. Prashant Kashiv.
    IPS stands for Indian Police Service this examination is conducted by Union public Service Commission for every year.

Eligibility Criteria For IPS:-
    >>The candidate should be complete the bachelor degree in any stream from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark is to require for this examination and also final year candidate also eligible for this examination.
    >>The candidate Age should be not less then 21 and not more than 30 years.and age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST candidates.
    >>The candidate should be citizen of india
    >>The Male candidate Height should be 165cm and female candidate height should be 150cm.
    >>The candidate chest should be minimum 84cm and expandable up to 5cm.

Three stages of IPS Exam:-

>>Preliminary:-

>>Main Exam:-

If you Qualified the Main exam then you call for the interview.if you select for the interview to become a ips officer.

Tips for Preparation:-
    >>In the primary level two subjects are there .one is optional and other i general study you have to give same importance to both.
    >>You can start your preparation with NCERT books of 11th and 12th.
    >>Read News papers daily for the current Affairs.
    >>For general knowledge you can follow "Competition success review".
    >>For the general study section follow the political and business magazines.
    >>Choose the optional subject in which you are confident.
    >>As there i not enough time to prepare for the main exam so prepare your self for the main exam in parallel with the primary exam.
    >>Try to solve the previous question papers.

For more information please go on official website:-http://Upsc.gov.in

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

ips (indian police service) which can service to the public

the exam is conducted by the centeral government of indian

under the upsc exam

qualification

should pass degree or graduation in any courses and should have minimum pass percentage in the degree
    courses

for the obc students 21-30 years
    for the sc/st having 21-35 years

medical test

should not having any defect in the body

physical test

physical test is also conducted by the government
    should be well physic in the body

hope it is use full to u

good luck

Unregistered

sir, what exactly should be taken in physical test for selecting the criteria of ips offoicers?
    my email id is pvishal607@gmail.com

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,

You apply after complete graduation and you

give UPSC exam you prepare well.You become

a IPS officer ofcourse.

ELIGIBILITY FOR AND UPSC EXAM CRETRAI:

1. Must be complete graduation with 55% min.

2.Age limit 21 to 30years and relaxation 5years SC/ST and 3years OBC candidate.

3.You give UPSC exam.

4.You must be inmarried and indian.

you give this exam 4 times in whole life.

more information :www.upsc.gov.in

with regards mahi...

Unregistered

i want information about the ips. how to prepare the ips ?
    srbharath18@gmai.com

siddjain93 Array

Dear friend,

In order to become a IPS officer you have to appear in civil services exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in a year. IPS stands for Indian Police Service . The Indian Police Service is one of the three most desirable services in India. This is the dream of candidates to become an IAS/IPS officer.

This exam has three phases and you have to clear all the three phases in order to become an IPS officer. The three phases are-

• Preliminary exam
    • Main exam
    • Interview

Eligibility Criteria-

• You must be an Indian citizen.
    • Your age should be in between 21 and 30 as on 1st of August of the year of examination. There are relaxations in the upper age limit in cases like SC/ST, OBC candidates, etc.
    • You should be at least a degree holder from any university in the country. Final year students, awaiting results are also eligible.
    • Candidates belonging to the general category can take the exam only four times. It is 7 in the case of OBCs and there is no limit for SC/STs.

Physical Requirements-

Height -

Male 165 cm
    ST (not the SC/ OBC) - 160 cm
    Female 150 cm
    ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest -

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.
    Female Minimum 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight -

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.
    6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.
    Near vision J 1 for good eye.
    J2 for worst eye.
    The correction is by lenses only. High standard for the Colour-blind test.
    No inherent night blindness.
    Vision should be stereoscopic.

Blood pressure (High) -

Age 23 - 123,
    Age 24 - 124,
    Age 25 -122,
    Age 28 - 124,
    Age 30 -125,
    Age 32 - 126,
    Age 34 - 127.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of Medical Test.

Ear- You must have good listening & normal ear cavity. 1000 to 4000 frequency hearing impairment should not be more than 30 decibels.

Nasal- You should not stammer while speaking.

srinivasachary Array

Hi friend,IPS (Indian Police Service) the exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :>> The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.>> Final year candidates are also eligible.>> Age limits is 21 years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.>> Candidate should be a citizen of india.SELECTION PROCEDURE :>> Preliminary exam,>> Main exam,>> Interview.See more information check visit : http://www.upsc.gov.inBEST OF LUCK.

Unregistered

respected sir,
    my good name is ajay kumar.k i had completed by my intermediate so i like to join in enginnering.
    so can i become an ips officer.please tell me sirto my mail saisantosh4126@gmail.com
    thanksyou sir

Badshah Array

In order to become Indian police service (IPS), officer you need to appear in civil services examination which is conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC). Eligiblity for the same - candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from an recognised university, age bar for the exam is 21years to 30 years. Age relaxations of three years for obc candidates and five years for sc/st candidates. The Male candidate Height should be 165cm and female candidate height should be 150cm.The candidate chest should be minimum 84cm and expandable up to 5cm. Thanx

Unregistered

give us more information about medical test to an ips officer

Jalsa Array

Dear,

IPS(Indian Police Services) is conducted one time by CIVIL Services in the every year.It has three wings they are Prelims and Mains and Interview it is not an easy exam it is quite difficult exam.All graduates candidates are eligible for applying IPS exam.If you qualify in the prelims then you can go for mains.If you also qualify in the mains then you go for direct Interview.Prelims is a objective type exam and mains is a subjective type exam.It is a prestigious job in India.

Educational Qualifications;
    Must completed Graduation with 60%

Age Limit:
    ............>You age do not exceeds 30 years
    ............>and do not exceeds 33 years for OBC Candidates
    ............>and do not exceeds 35 years for SC/ST Candidates

Height:
    You must have 165 Cm height

How to Select:
    1.Prelims exam(Objective Type exam)
    ..................>Paper-1
    ..................>Paper-2
    ..................>Paper-3
    ..................>Paper-4
    ..................>Paper-5
    2.Mains exam(Subjective Type exam)
    ..................>Paper-1
    ..................>Paper-2
    ..................>Paper-3
    ..................>Paper-4
    ..................>Paper-5

3.Interview

How to Apply:
    First you have to buy an application form and fill your details.And add your cast certificate and Marks memos to the application form and then post it.

Coaching Centers of IPS in India:
    1.Career point

2.Success IAS Academy

3.Career Plus

4.IAS Study circle

5.Ambition

6.Career Path

7.AXIOMS

8.Shankar IAS Academy

9.Prabha IAS Academy

10.Royal IAS Academy

11.ETEN IAS Academy

12.Alternative Learning System.........etc

GOOD LUCK......................................!

vikasjha39 Array

HI!
    INDIAN POLICE SERVICES
    I.P.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

I.P.S exam is commonly known as civil Services exam.

Civil services exam is conducted for other post like:-
    > Indian Administrative Services
    > Indian Police Services
    > Indian Foreign Services
    > Indian Postal Services
    > Indian Revevenue Services
    etc

QUALIFICATION:- Graduation with any stream from recoginised university..
    Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination
    but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

AGE LIMIT:-
    A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over
    30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

NATIONALITY:-
    Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.

There are three stage of selection:-
    > Prelims Exam
    > Mains Exam
    > Interview

For mains exam you have to chose any two subject listed below:-
    Agriculture
    Management
    Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
    Mathematics
    Anthropology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Botany
    Medical Science
    Chemistry
    Philosophy
    Civil Engineering
    Physics
    Commerce & Accountancy
    Political Science & International Relations
    Economics
    Psychology
    Electrical Engineering
    Public Administration
    Geography
    Sociology
    Geology
    Statistics
    Indian History
    Zoology
    Law

ALL THE BEST!

learn Array

IPS is Indian Police Service
    there is an entrance exam conducted for joining this service
    exam is known as CSAT
    which is conducted by UPSC once a year

for it
    you will need a bachelor's degree in nay field

age limit for IAS exam
    age should be below the age of 21 years
    and also should not exceed the age of 30

age relaxation is provided to reserved categories

3 years for obc
    5 years for sc/st
    10 years of PH

no of attempts

4 times for general
    7 times for obc
    no limit for sc/st

you must be a Indian citizen

selection process

selection process of IPS
    consist of 3 phases

preliminary exam
    mains exam
    interview

IAS mains exam pattern

yo yo honey singh Array

Dear Aspirant,

If you want to become a IPS Officer,You have to take All India Civil Service Exam.

If you want to take All India Civil Service Exam,You should satisfy eligibility Criteria for this Exam.

Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualifications:Any Graduate from recognized University can eligible to apply for this Exam,Final year students of Graduation also can eligible

Age Limits: Minimum Age require to apply for this Exam is 21 years of age can eligible to apply for these posts

Maximum age for General Category Candidates is 30 years of age,for Backward Category Candidates is 33 years of age ,SC/ST Candidates is 35 years of age

Physical Standards

Height :

Other than General Category Candidates 160CM for Male and 145CM for Female Candidates for Minimum Height require

Chest:

ss28626 Array

To become Indian Police Service (IPS) officer you are required to appear in Civil Service Examination. The Civil Service Examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year to recruit not only IPS but IAS and IFS officers as well.

Eligibility

Educational Requirement:

The candidate should hold a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university to appear in Civil Service Examination.

Age Criteria:

The minimum age to appear for IPS Exam is 21 years as on August 1 of examination year.

Maximum age limit for IPS Officer Exam is 30 years.

The upper age limit is 33 for OBC.

For SC/ST it is 35 years.

Physical Requirements:

Height:

Male - 165 cm

Female - 150 cm

For ST candidates (it does not include SC and OBC)

Male - 160 cm

Female - 145 cm

Eye Sight:

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye

No color blindness or night blindness

Chest:

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm

Nasal:

Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

Unregistered

i had 47 percent marks in graduation, i m eligible or not , please inform me

Unregistered

i pass 12th science.which cours i choos eligibal for an ips officer plz give me info my email id is abid malik906@gmail.com

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ....

I.P.S --- INDIAN POLICE SERVICE

<<>> To apply for IPS , you need to write CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION...

<<>> This exam is conducted by UPSC ...

<<>> U.P.S.C ----- UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION ...

<<>> The selection procedure is given below --

@ CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST

@ CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAMINATION

@ INTERVIEW

<<>> You must have a Graduation from a Recognized university

<<>> The minimum age should be 21 years

<<>> You must be an INDIAN

<<>> The maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

<<>> Of course there is a Relaxation for the Reserved candidates

<<>> The B.Com Graduates are also ELIGIBLE to apply

<<>> You need to very high score to get placed in IPS ...

VERY VERY ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

is the medical exam too hard??
    i mean xrays of whole body and ecg tests etc..??
    like iaf medical test??

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

UPSC conducts Civil Services Exam every year for the posts of IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS, etc.

Eligibility Criteria of IPS Exam:

Qualification:

You must have completed Graduation from any recongnized University.

You can also appear for this exam, if you are in final year of your Graduation.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3

For OBC: 7

For SC/ST: No Restriction

Stages to Qualify IPS Exam:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

Physical Standards required in Civil Services Exam for IPS:
    Height:

For Males: Minimum height is 165 cm,
    For Females: Minimum height is 150 cm.

Other than General Category Candidates, minimum required height is 160 cm for Male and 145 cm for Female Candidates.

Chest:
    For Males: Minimum 84 cm, and should be expandable up to 5 cm
    For Females: Minimum 79 cm, and should be expandable up to 5 cm

Some of the Good Books for the preparation of
    IPS Exam are:

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paperback)
    by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
    Publisher: Pearson (2012)
    Price: Rs. 883

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2) (Paperback)
    by Sachchida Nand Jha
    Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 553

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Jha, Jha
    Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 871

General Science for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Tara Chand, Shabnam Johry, Tanushri Saxena, Renu Kathpalia
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 241

General Studies for Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by TMH
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 900

Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper - 1 and 2 (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 777

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Manohar Pandey
    Publisher: Arihant (2012)
    Price: Rs. 684

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 174

Unregistered

i am studying mechanical 1 st year in madurai. my aim is to become an ips officer . so what are the steps to be followed now onwards for achieving great success?. sir i request you to send answer to karthickregunath@gmail.com

sukomal

i pass 12th science this year.which cours i choos eligibal for an ips officer.

Unregistered

how much salery espact by becom an ips officer

Unregistered

what is the basic book for ips?

james786 Array

Hi,,,

The candidate should hold a graduation degree in any stream from a recognised university to appear in Civil Service Examination.

It has three wings they are Prelims and Mains and Interview it is not an easy exam it is quite difficult exam.All graduates candidates are eligible for applying IPS exam.If you qualify in the prelims then you can go for mains.If you also qualify in the mains then you go for direct Interview.Prelims is a objective type exam and mains is a subjective type exam.It is a prestigious job in India.

Eligibility Criteria:

Physical Standards

Height :

Chest:

Selection Procedure:
    Step-I Preliminary Exam
    Step-II Mains Exam
    Step-III Interview
    These three steps involve in selection procedure of IPS Officers Exam

That's it

ALL THE VERY BEST

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?