Unregistered

How to prepare for IITJEE after board exams within one month to score under 1000 rank? Time management and books to be referred?

respected sir, iam studying inter 1st year in narayana junior college. i want to know how can i score under 1000 rank in iitjee.how much effort is needed to score such a rank?what books are to be preffered? and we will be having only one month left for iitjee exam after our inter board. so how can i manage time to have a glance on each and every thing.......?

abikrishin Array

Re: How to prepare for IITJEE after board exams within one month to score under 1000 rank? Time management and books to be referred?

though its difficult ,practise will make man perfect, adn no pain no gain, are the proverbs that should boost cyour confidence,keping that in mind start burning you mid night oil, go for the crash courses ,solve the questions, work very hard for that one month day in and day out.there are chances for you to get through it.ALLN THE VERY BEST! ALL IS WEL!

manmeet Array

Re: How to prepare for IITJEE after board exams within one month to score under 1000 rank? Time management and books to be referred?

it is difficult to score good in i month you just need to do hard work. do arihant books for all subjects, ml khanna for maths, and solve sanple paper to test yourself. give half half time for all subjects.

waseemakramleofilis Array

How to prepare for IITJEE after board exams within one month to score under 1000 rank? Time management and books to be referred?

Hello Dear,

nothing is impossible but in the same way nothing is very easy.

if you r focused about your goal any thing can be done,doesnt matter how much time you have.

first know your subject in which you are very good , you ll get some confidence, dont go for many reference.

read the book that u know from the begining/used for your theory prepration .

make the scheduling : feel that you ll not do anything during that time .

before starting any new chapter read once throughly so that you ll get some idea what to read .

books: your earlier references

time : sit for 10-20min and make scheduling with your convinience.

All the Best.

PRITAM RAY Array

Its really difficult for freshers to achieve good ranks IITJEE....as they do not have much time to prepare for the exam..so in my opinion please refer ARIHANT PUBLICATIONS books for physics chemistry and maths...try to cover the whole book in minimum time as possible...try to practise the specific questions which always use to come in the exam,only variables are changed everytime.....you will definitely gain success in IITJEE exam.....

BEST OF LUCK..

manigandan.ma Array

Dear friend,IIT JEE needs some extraoridinary problem solving skills which cannot be attained in single month.However do the following to get good rank

1.Understand the concepts
    2.dont mug any concepts
    3.solve many question papers
    4.attend MOCK test
    5.study important topics clearly

books
    Chemistry Books

S.No Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks
    1 P.Bahadur(G.R.Bathla & Sons) Numerical Chemistry Physical Chemistry
    2 O.P. Tandon Physical Chemistry Physical Chemistry
    3 O.P. Tandon Inorganic Chemistry Inorganic Chemistry
    4 O.P. Tandon Organic Chemistry Base Book
    5 Paula Bruice Yurkanis Organic Chemistry Reference Book
    6 J.D. Lee Inorganic Chemistry Reference Book
    7 Bruce H. Mahan University Chemistry Reference Book
    6 Organic Chemistry by MORRISON & BOYD Organic Chemistry Reference Book

Physics Books

S.NO Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks
    1 H.C.Verma Concepts of Physica Vol I and II For text books and problem books.
    2 I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics selected problems
    3 Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Reference Book

Mathematics Books

S.NO Authors /Publisher Name of Books Remarks
    1 R.D. Sharma Maths XI & XII Basic Text Books
    2 S. L. Loney Trigonometry Recommended
    3 S. L. Loney Co-ordinate Geometry Reference Book
    4 Hall Knight Higher Algebra Reference Book
    5 I.A. Maron Problems in Calculus of One Variable Reference Book
    6 Arihant Algebra Reference Book
    7 Arihant Differential Calculus Reference Book
    8 Arihant Integral Calculus Reference Book

Niharika Array

See preparing for IIT is not everybody's cup of tea. All you need to do is just concentrate on whatever you are doing and go through books that you have already gone through and also make your concepts clear. For time managment i can suggest that you should not bother worldy matters if you really want to achieve your aim. All the Best...!!!

PRITAM RAY Array

IITJEE questions are always used to be very tough to solve..you have to practise a lot by refering best suitable books for IITJEE like arihant piblications books for physics,chemistry and maths,for english refer wren n martin,it is the best book for grammer....arihant publications books entrance oriented books,specially for IITJEE & AIEEE...Do not go for lots of reference books,it may confuse...try to solve ques from one book or atleast 2books(must be the best books for preparation of iitjee)..practise will help you grasping the trick of some specific questions which always use to come in the exam,which may save your prEcious time during exam and you will be able to give time to the difficult questions,which usually need more time to solve.....

BEST OF LUCK...

surbhi agarwal Array

if u have never studied from iitjee point of view then it would be quite difficult for u.in that case i would suggest u to focus on ur inter boards.
    solve as many questions as u can. solve previous years question papers of iitjee. focus more on what u have studied until date and what u hv understood better. don't try any new book at the last moment. study from the same materials which u have been studying throughout the two years. labor very hard. no time for fun.
    all the best!!!!!

Narendra kumar Array

dear friend as you know that IIT JEE is the toughest exam in our country so that if you want to get in top rankers then you has to go for prepration for one or two years.but nothing is impossible so if you will work hard in one month then also you can get good rank. you can join CRASH COURSE that is held by all the famous coching institutes like AAKASH, BANSAL, RESONANCE, NARAYANA, CAREER POINT...at your level you can also study many books

Chemistry
    S No. Author/Publisher Name of the Book Remarks
    1 NCERT Chemistry XI & XII Basic Text Books
    2 P. Bahadur Physical Chemistry Recommended for Physical Chemistry
    3 Arihant Prakashan Organic Chemistry Recommended for Organic Chemistry, but one has to be careful as it contains several errors.
    4 O.P. Agarwal IIT Chemistry Recommended for Inorganic Chemistry and reference book in general.
    5 Ebbing General Chemistry Reference Book
    6 J.D. Lee Concise Inorganic Chemistry Reference Book
    7 R.T. Morrison, R.N. Boyd Organic Chemistry Reference Book
    8 R.C. Mukhrjee Numerical Chemistry Reference Book
    9 Francis Carey Organic Chemistry Reference Book
    10 I. L. Finar Organic Chemistry-Vol I Reference Book. The book is somewhat outdated but is still extremely useful.
    11 Bahal & Bahal Organic Chemistry Reference Book
    12 Sienko & Plane Chemistry Principles & Applications Reference Book
    13 P.W. Atkins Physical Chemistry Reference Book
    14 Bruce H. Mahan University Chemistry Reference Book

Physics
    1 H.C. Verma Concepts of Physics Vol I and II Recommended both as text books and problem books.
    2 I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics Recommended for selected problems
    3 Halliday, Resnick & Walker Fundamentals of Physics Reference Book
    4 Sears and Zemansky University Physics Reference Book
    5 Nelkon and Parker Advanced Level Physics Reference Book
    6 A.A Pinsky Problems in Physics Reference Book
    7 S.S Krotov Aptitude Test Problems in Physics Reference Book
    8 L.A. Sena A collection of questions and Problems in Physics Reference Book
    9 V.Zubov & V.Shalnov Problem in Physics Reference Book
    10 S.L Loney Elements of Dynamics Part I & II Reference Book
    11 S.L. Loney Dynamics of a Particle & of Rigid Bodies Reference Book
    12 R.P. Feynman The Feynman Lectures on Physics vols 1 & 2 Reference Book
    13 Chen, Min Physics Problems w/solutions Reference Book
    14 Tipler Physics Vols I & II Reference Book

Mathematics
    1 R. S. Agarwal Maths XI & XII Basic Text Books
    2 S.L. Loni Plane Trigonometry Part I Recommended
    3 S.L. Loni Co-ordinate Geometry Recommended
    4 Hall & Knight Higher Algebra Recommended
    5 I.A. Maron Problems in Calculus of One Variable Recommended
    6 Vectors & 3-D Geometry Arihant Prakashan Recommended
    7 Vectors Shanti Narayan Reference Book
    8 V Govorov, P.Dybov, N.Miroshin, S.Smirnova. Problems in Mathematics Reference Book
    9 Bernard & Child Higher Algebra Reference Book
    10 Dr. Gorakh Prasad Co-ordinate Geometry Reference Book
    11 K.P. Basu Algebra Made Easy Reference Book
    12 DoroFeev, Patapov Elementary Math's Reference Book
    13 Krechmar Math's Reference Book
    14 G.N. Berman A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis Reference Book
    15 W. Feller Intro. to Probability & its Applications Reference Book
    16 Calculus J. Edward Reference Book

best of luck for exam

subodh1014 Array

its better to do crash course of one month from the good coaching like resonance , bansal classes etc.hard work is the key to success so, start work on today onwards , and about books you take arihant publications books for maths ,physics,chemistry... these books are very good for the preparation of iit jee entrance exams........
    all the best......

jagannadh Array

to get scored a rank of below 1000 in one month means the candidates must study hard through out the syllabus,IITJEE exam must be prepared in the form of allotting a time schedule and follow the schedule very seriously...
    the candidates must complete the entire topics regarding the exam, following the old model papers and test papers will provide you the more information about this topics, it will be simple for the preparation when the model papers are done very thoroughly, candidates will obtain a idea of how to prepare and what topics to be prepare hard, the preparation through this makes the candidate where he was good at and at what areas he was poor at, thus so candidate can prepare the areas that where most attention to be kept....
    good luck

Immy28791 Array

Already a Lot of Books Have Been Refered Above, I would Like To Say!! Choose The Books of Arrihant, GC Agarwal and Solve Practise Papers as much u can. Give Stress to Chemistry. Join a Crash course and work on it seriously..You can Do It,. Best of Luck

Maharnav Array

Time management is important for anyone and everyone.One just needs to figure it out how to keep things in hand rather just to leave it away.Since you want be within 1000 you need to work very hard to score.Your practise and dedication to your work will take you to the level choose but be confident in yourself.
    In this short time you need to focus on the areas from which questions can be asked like in Maths you need to lay your focus on coordinate geometry,permutation combination,integration and differentiation,function.In Chemistry you need more to do more practice in organics,in-organics(try to have a brief knowledge on every compounds and its uses).In Physics you need to focus more on kinematics,work $ force,electrostatics,electromagnetics,thermal energy,projectile,gravitation.
    To make your funda clear in math first of you should practise RD Sharma then you should follow a bit higher books(like arihant).In Physics you can follow HC Verma .In Chemistry you can practice from Jagdamba(organic chemistry).
    Wish you all the best.

loser Array

Hello Friend,

If you are focused about your goal any thing can be done,doesnt matter how much time you have.

First know your subject in which you are very good , you ll get some confidence, dont go for many reference.

Read the book that u know from the begining/used for your theory prepration .

Make the scheduling : feel that you ll not do anything during that time .

Before starting any new chapter read once throughly so that you ll get some idea what to read .

Books: your earlier references

Time : sit for 10-20min and make scheduling with your convinience.

All the best..........

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    respected sir, iam studying inter 1st year in narayana junior college. i want to know how can i score under 1000 rank in iitjee.how much effort is needed to score such a rank?what books are to be preffered? and we will be having only one month left for iitjee exam after our inter board. so how can i manage time to have a glance on each and every thing.......?
    HI!
    I.I.T-J.E.E exam us not so easy that you can prepare on one month before exam.
    Engineering entrance exam generally base on the concept of physics, maths and chemistry..
    So for preparation for entrance exam first read you N.C.E.R.T book..

When read N.C.E.R.T books after that you can solve the numerical from the referance book like Pradeep, Denish, Modern ABC..

After that solve previous year question paper..

GOOD LUCK!

bipin Array

It is not possible to preprae IIT Exam in only one month. Preparation IIT Exam is very long process. But if try with lot of energy and concentration the you have still chance.

Tips For preparation for IIT JEE examination :

- Believe in yourself :First of all, you should be confident to do about your chances in IIT as it is not an easy task, means never lose HOPE.

- You have to clear & enhance your concepts.

- Time management Manage your time well. Give proper importance to all the three subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

- You should have proper study material which can guide you in the subjects. Lot of study material is available in the market for the JEE, including numerous books (both good and bad) and study material of various institutes. You must choose a good study material and stick to it. Switching from one book to another will harm your preparation. Specially concern NCERT Text book .

- Key to any success is perseverance. Be calm and patient .You must not panic on the day of exam and give your absolute best on the IIT JEE examination day.

- Finally, if you ever get bored of studying, there’s no point continuing. Take a break for a while and then try to start afresh. But dnt waste too much time on it 15 minutes of break is more than enough

adi_netgenie Array

To be honest and practical......... IT IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE to get a 100 rank in IIT JEE by preparing for 1 month only.......

aspirants of IIT JEE start preparing for the exam after their 10th ....so they take preparation for about 2years ....still only a handful of them make it to the IITs ..... so it sounds quite absurd!!!

still.... you can give a try ......

in my opinion you should revise the chapters of class 11/12 as soon as possible and then join the crash courses offered by many IIT JEE teaching tutorials

it will
    boost up your confidence level and will also give you a good conception about about time management during the examination

if you are good at aptitude solving, then it will be a big advantage for you......as IITs have introduced aptitude problems from this year

you need to utilize each and every remaining hours before the exam!!!

give special stress on maths and physics ....these two are the most vital subjects for IIT JEE

So ....try hard to get success!!!!

wish you good luck!!!!

so

deep3079 Array

Hallo Friend;

You are interested to know how to score well in IIT JEE, that is,at least to score under 1000 as you are

already pursuing your studies from Narayana Junior College. yes, in this post, I will discuss in details regarding the

question pattern, how to prepare for the exam and the time management....

You needs a lot of practice. first of all start with the theory part. If your conceptual part is clear, then it will be quite

possible for you to solve the numerical ones.Because, most of the question belongs to the numerical problems. So. while

practicing the numerical ones, first try to solve the easier ones followed by the harder ones..

every day practice various samples of the exam question paper with proper time management,i.e. divide the time as per

your question pattern, and then solve.

I will suggest few books which you can follow;

i. Numerical Chemistry & Physical Chemistry by P.H.Bahadur

ii.Concepts of Physics vol.I & vol.II by H.C.Varma

iii.all the Maths books for closs 11 & 12 of Arhant publications

iv.Physics, Chemistry & maths book of Pradip publication

v.
    Physics, Chemistry & maths book of Dinesh publication

& many more....

So, Best of luck.....

With regards from deep3079.....

venkateshwar Array

Hiii

nothing is impossible but in the same way nothing is very easy.

if you r focused about your goal any thing can be done,doesnt matter how much time you have.

first know your subject in which you are very good , you ll get some confidence, dont go for many reference.

before starting any new chapter read once throughly so that you ll get some idea what to read .

thanks & regards….

Rahulnewyon Array

You take your hand in a very difficult task but not impossible.So you have to work hard,check out last 33 years questions papers. many books with full solutions are available in the market go for it.IF you want to join crash course please join some good place otherwise it is a coaching stunt really.Do more focus on questions pattern then you can get idea about paper.Otherwise all the best for next year.

venkateshwar Array

hiii

first know your subject in which you are very good , you ll get some confidence, Don’t go for many reference.

time : sit for 10-20min and make scheduling with your convinience.

Thanks & ragards….

param pita Array

Hello dear,You are interested to know how to score well in IIT JEE, that is,at least to score under 1000 as you are

already pursuing your studies from Narayana Junior College. yes, in this post, I will discuss in details regarding the

question pattern, how to prepare for the exam and the time management....

You needs a lot of practice. first of all start with the theory part. If your conceptual part is clear, then it will be quite

possible for you to solve the numerical ones.Because, most of the question belongs to the numerical problems. So. while

practicing the numerical ones, first try to solve the easier ones followed by the harder ones..

every day practice various samples of the exam question paper with proper time management,i.e. divide the time as per

your question pattern, and then solve.

I will suggest few books which you can follow;

i. Numerical Chemistry & Physical Chemistry by P.H.Bahadur

ii.Concepts of Physics vol.I & vol.II by H.C.Varma

iii.all the Maths books for closs 11 & 12 of Arhant publications

iv.Physics, Chemistry & maths book of Pradip publication

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

Practically speaking it's not possible for you to get a rank below 1000 with a month of time remaining before the main exam, but if you could make sure you work hard allotting the maximum time and prepare seriously then i'm sure you might achieve your dream.

Tips for Securing good Rank in IIT-JEE :

1. Plan the one month time properly say 10 days to each subject, i.e Maths, Physics and Chemistry. But don't just keep preparing one subject for 10 days instead you make sure you prepare for 9 hours a day with 3 hours to each subject.
    2. Know the easy topics as well as maximum marks scoring topics which you fetch you not only good marks but also saves you time by preparing the topic in less time.
    3. Make sure you attempt 2-3 mock tests before the Final exam so that you could know the mistakes you have committed in mock test and make sure you won't repeat it in the main exam.

If you can follow the above instructions then i'm sure you can definitely secure what you desire.
    All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

King Array

Hello Dear,
    IIT-JEE is one of the most toughest competitive entrance examination in the world according to some recent surveys and analysis done at international level.You can only come under the rank 1000 if you have started your preparation from the very beginning of your standard 11(first year of 10+2) and would have cleared all your fundamental concepts right from the very beginning of your studies in standard 11 and 12.As you must be knowing that IIT-JEE comprises of the complete syllabus of Class 11 and 12 in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry and it also consists of the NCERT books portions and some from the CBSE boards also.So you have to study both of your class prescribed books and also the books recommended for IIT-JEE exam also.

First of all you have to make a study plan and follow it strictly and sincerely.You have to start as early as possible.If you have not started early and if your are thinking of getting an All India Rank under 1000 after appearing your Board examinations then you just forget it.As it is not at all easy as you are thinking.You have to accept it and should give a fresh start to your preparations for IIT-JEE by dropping a year after your board examinations.It is not possible to crack IIT-JEE in just one month after the board exams.

As i am unaware of the type of preparation you have been doing from the very beginning for cracking IIT-JEE so i would suggest you that if you would have prepared well and have had started early then there are chances of getting good results in IIT-JEE.And if you have not prepared well and started your preparation early and thinking of cracking IIT-JEE after your board exams then it is not possible.There are least chances in that case.

So no need to worry at all dear , i am suggesting you from my personal experiences that if you don't get a rank under 1000 in IIT-JEE this year then you can also prepare for next year as there is another and last chance for you.You can attempt IIT-JEE only twice that is in the year of appearing your 10+2 board exams and the year after your passing of 10+2. So this time you have to prepare very very very seriously. Ignore all those things which divert or disturb you in your studies. Avoid watching Television, playing games and also avoid wasting time here and there with friends as each and every minute is crucial and valuable for you if you are preparing for competitive exams like IIT-JEE.
    You have to study with all your Determination, Dedication and Devotion from the beginning to the end. Don't loose hope at all have confidence and give your best.
    Try to proceed step by step.First make all your fundamental concepts clear. Study thoroughly. Make notes while you study. Don't leave a single topic or a single page of your book. Practice as much question as you can. Make a formula note copy while you practice the numericals which will help you during the last time revisions.

I am writing some books which will help you for IIT-JEE.
    For Mathematics read the books of :-
    Asit Das Gupta
    M.L. Khanna and J.N. Gupta
    Gorakh Prasad(Coordinate Geometry)
    R.D Sharma
    Arihant publication books
    and all the prescribed books of NCERT and CBSE Syllabus

For Physics read the books of :-
    H.C Verma
    S.L. Loni
    Irodov books
    NCERT BOOKS
    Halliday and Resnick
    Arihant Publications

For Chemistry read the books of :-
    O.P Tandon(Physical, Organic and Inorganic)
    P. Bahadur
    P. Morrision and J. Boyd
    J.D Lee
    Bhal and Bhal
    NCERT Books
    Arihant Publications

For all of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry you can also follow the study materials of FIITJEE and Brilliant Tutorials Pvt. Ltd.
    These are the best ones which give good fundamental concepts and number of practice examples and exercises.
    There is a Doubt Letter scheme in Brilliant Tutorials where you can ask your doubts if you are a distance/correspondence learning student.

So i hope this will help you.
    Work hard.You have your results.
    Believe in God.
    Devote yourself completely towards your studies.

Good Luck.
    BEST WISHES for your BRIGHT FUTURE ahead.

sameer007 Array

you can join for the crash course offered by many recognised institutes like bansal , fiitjee ,careerpoint.
    or if you want to prepare by your own then you just focus on your strong portion and try to make it as strong as possible so that you are able to solve any type of question of that topic.
    specially for chemisrty you just revise the NCERT book..
    best of luck

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    You can join Crash Course provided by different coaching institutes. Brilliant or Fiitjee will be a better option. Secondly, Start working with objective books for better practice and accuracy. Arrihant books will be best at these moment.

Give More Stress on chemistry and Maths. Chemistry is easy scoring if you understand the concept well.

All the Best.

sumit pandey Array

hi,
    it is difficult to score good in i month you just need to do hard work. do arihant books for all subjects, ml khanna for maths, and solve sanple paper to test yourself. give half half time for all subjects. You have to dedicate most of your time for studies if you just have one month for the exams and you are willing to get a rank under 1000.

best of luck--

rs2792 Array

hi,
    may coaching centers starts there crash course for IIT JEE ,you can join them and attend the classes of those topic in which you are not comfortable. for rest of the topic you should go through the syllabus in the same way by which you have studied yet. i prefer you to make a short notes of formulas and concept of physics and maths as it will help you to just just have a watch of every topic eaisly.
    you should concentrate on chemistry because chemistry is the subject in which you can easily score good mark and it is the most important part of any entrance examination by which your rank is decided. you should go through a NCERT books for chemistry.
    ALL THE BEST...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?