Unregistered

For how many times I can appear in GATE exam? Validity of GATE score card? Minimum marks require in B.Tech(ECE) to appear in GATE exam?

Respected sir,I am a student of ec 3rd year.I want to know the number of times i can appear for gate exam ? & how many years gate score card will valid? & how much ec score will be required to appear in gate exam?please reply me in anshikarwt344@gmail.com

randhirk.rk Array

Re: For how many times I can appear in GATE exam? Validity of GATE score card? Minimum marks require in B.Tech(ECE) to appear in GATE exam?

There is no CAP to give GATE exams
    So you can appear in the GATE exams as many times as you want to give

GATE score is Valid for 2 years.
    But most of the colleges and PSU companies asks for GATE score which is one year old only.

Since you are in the 3rd year of your Btech, you can appear in the GATE exams in the Year 2014
    Min eligibilty to sit in the GATE exams is BE/btech pass

megh@ Array

Re: For how many times I can appear in GATE exam? Validity of GATE score card? Minimum marks require in B.Tech(ECE) to appear in GATE exam?

Dear Friend,
    GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national level eligibility test for M.Tech aspirants. Even the candidates who wants to get jobs in PSUs should have a GATE rank card.The exam is one of the most toughest exam thus needs very hard work.

The rank card of GATE will be valid for 2 years only.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>>There is no age limit for appearing in GATE exam but there is age limitation according to different PSUs.

>>The candidates who have a bachelor degree in B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch can apply for the exam

>>The final year candidates of B.E/Tech/Arch can also apply.

>>The candidates who are having a Master degree in Science/Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics can also apply.

>>The final year candidates of Master degree can also apply.

>>There is no minimum percentage needed.

EXAM PATTERN:

You can know more from http://www.gateforum.com
    SOME BOOKS FOR GATE(ECE):

gate-electronics-communication-engineering-topicwise-previous-solved-papers-practice-papers-201.jpeg
    GATE Electronics & Communication Engineering: Topic wise Previous Solved Question Paper & Practice Paper
    Publication: Made Easy. Price: Rs.350

9788178121161.jpg
    Popular Master Guide GATE Electronic & Communication Engineering by R.Gupta
    Publication: Ramesh Publication House. Price: Rs.395

gate-guide-electronics-engineering-with-cd-100x100-imad7wz5ecjntehj.jpeg
    GATE 2013 Electronics and Communication Engineering(with CD)
    Publication: G K Publication. Price: Rs 695

gate-tutor-electronics-and-communication-engineering-100x100-imad8rzdsjkf2zyg.jpeg
    GATE Tutor Electronic and Communication Engineering by Ankit Goel , Alka Singh
    Publication: Arihant. Price: Rs 695

Rama Devi Array

Hai

There is no limit for attending the GATE exam.

You can write n number of times if your score is not good.

As a 3rd year student you can write GATE exam now. You can also write in your 4th year

Your GATE is consider,in which you will get good rank

And there is
    no percentage criteria of your B.tech marks for GATE exam

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    There is nothing mentioned that how many time student can appear in GET exam.
    So student can appear in GATE Exam many time.
    ~Also to apply GATE exam there is no age limit.
    ~GATE Score card is valid upto TWO years.
    ~As a B.Tech. 3rd year student you can not appear in GATE exam.
    ~For B.E./Tech student:
    Final year student can appear in GATE exam or Who have done B.E. Or B.Tech can appear in GATE exam.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

gate stands for the graduate aptitude test in engineering

their is no limits to write the gate exam

in the final year also you can appear for the gate exam

after completing the final year you can write as many times

the gate score card valid up to 2 years

the minimum cut-off marks on students qualified in the exam

in the 2014 ,the gate exam can write in the three also

hope this information helps you

good luck

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a all India entrance exam arranged by 7 IITs to get admission for M.Tech in Colleges according to GATE Score and All India Rank.Minimum marks in B.Tech required to being eligible in GATE is 50%.GATE SCORE is valid till 2 years.The year in which you currently appear and next year.A candidate can at most attempt twice for GATE exam.As you are in 3rd year of B.Tech you will be eligible for GATE next year. Prepare for it now.Best of luck.

Unregistered

how many times can we appear for gate exam?

Unregistered

can i do phd after m.tech?? is it suitable??

Badshah Array

• The GATE refers to Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
    • This is an entrance examination for the admission in the master courses of engineering and also helps for the recruitement in PSU.
    • For applying this exam, you need to had bachelor degree in engineering field from an recognised university.
    • In this exam, no age limit is there.
    • You have no limit on the number of attempts, so you can appear as many times as you can.
    • The GATE score card is valid for two years. It's better if you use it in one year only.

kamalikac Array

There is no limit to write for GATE examination....

Unregistered

how much rank and marks are required in GATE in INSTRUMENTATION ENGINEERING for getting into IITs and NITs...

EALPmember Array

Dear,

As you are currently in 3rd year of BTech, hence you arent eligible for GATE exam.
    There is no limit on number of attempts for GATE exam so you can try any number of times.

The scorecard of GATE exam is valid for 2 years.
    But this is the high time that you should start the preparation for this exam. The importance of this exam
    has increased more as many PSU companies have started recruiting on the basis of this exam.

Since you belong to ECE branch, hence I would suggest that you should start making concepts of some important
    topics like Digital communication, Analog electronics, Signal Processing, Electronic switching theory.

Many folks take Mathematics easy and keep it for last days preparation. But you shouldnt ignore as this is a scoring topic.
    For last 2 years, exam pattern has changed and questions from reasoning part has also been added.
    So give equal importance to all the topics and start the preparation.

You can do self preparation as well but still I would suggest that you must join test series, which'll
    help you in judging your level of preparation.
    All the best.

Unregistered

whom to contact for asking quieries about GATE Exam....? Can any one please help out in this...?

s m samy Array

Number of attempts allowed for GATE

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is held for admission to IITs, NITs, BITS for M.Tech courses and also for recruitment to the major Public Sector Units of our country..

The students who fulfill the below mentioned criteria are eligible to appear for GATE :-

> The applicant must have completed B.Tech/B.E. in any discipline from a recognized University..

>> applicants who have completed their M.Sc. or Dual degree course from a recognized institute are also eligible for GATE

There is no restriction on the age and also no limit on the number of attempts for appearing for GATE..

If you are a final year candidate or have already passed out then only you can appear for GATE..

The question paper will be totally objective type and will consist of a total of 65 questions..

There shall be questions which would carry 1 mark and 2 marks and for each negative response..1/3 rd marks of the marks allotted to that question shall be deducted from your score..

maruthidevi Array

hai my dear friend , Number of attempts allowed for GATE

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is held for admission to IITs, NITs, BITS for M.Tech courses and also for recruitment to the major Public Sector Units of our country..

The students who fulfill the below mentioned criteria are eligible to appear for GATE :-

> The applicant must have completed B.Tech/B.E. in any discipline from a recognized University..

>> applicants who have completed their M.Sc. or Dual degree course from a recognized institute are also eligible for GATE

There is no restriction on the age and also no limit on the number of attempts for appearing for GATE..

If you are a final year candidate or have already passed out then only you can appear for GATE..

The question paper will be totally objective type and will consist of a total of 65 questions..

There shall be questions which would carry 1 mark and 2 marks and for each negative response..1/3 rd marks of the marks allotted to that question shall be deducted from your score..

thank you and all the best

sivaditya Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Respected sir,I am a student of ec 3rd year.I want to know the number of times i can appear for gate exam ? & how many years gate score card will valid? & how much ec score will be required to appear in gate exam?please reply me in anshikarwt344@gmail.com
    you can appear in the GATE exams as many times as you want to give

GATE score is Valid for 2 years.

PSU companies asks for GATE score which is one year old only.

Since you are in the 3rd year of your Btech, you can appear in the GATE exams in the Year 2014
    Min eligibilty to sit in the GATE exams is BE/btech pass

happy to help you

adi_netgenie Array

Well I Will answer your questions one by one !!!

GATE is Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

How many times can you appear??

->There is no Fixed LIMIT for appearing in GATE Exam

->you can appear as many times you wish irrespective of your caste and creed

Validity :

->The validity of GATE SCORE IS 1 YEAR

->you can apply to to M.tech or any other intuition for anything in that particular year in which you appear for GATE

->you cannot use the GATE Score for anything for the next year or later on

->previously it was valid for 2 years but in recent times, it is valid for just 1 year

Minimum Marks Criteria

->you can apply for GATE In the final year of B.Tech only, not before

->there is no such Minimum marks criteria

->Students irrespective of their marks can appear for GATE

->But you must not have any pending supply paper or backlogs at the time of application for GATE

->Fulling these simple criteria you will be eligible for GATE

->these rules are applicable to students of any branch ,so being ECE student all of these are applicable for you too

Eligibility : http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/...m/eligibility/
    Attached Files

HARSHADA Array

Hello friend,

>> You can appear for GATE exam unlimited number of times. There is no limit on number of attempts.

>> Your GATE score card will be valid for 2 years but for reputed companies like TCS, IBM, Imfosis, Cognizant, Vipro they ask for the GATE score card not more than 1 year old.

>> There is no percentage criteria for appearing to GATE its just the candidate should have completed his B.Tech/B.E from any recognized board or should be in last year of B.tech/B.E.

Friend you are eligible for GATE 2014.

Start your preparations as early as possible.

Goodluck!!

mk.gohel Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Hi Friend,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

This exam is conducted for M-Tech admission , PHD admission...

If you have Bachelorís degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design from recognized university then you are eligible for this exam...

Final years students also eligible for this exam. there is no marks criteria....

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time...

There is no age criteria but your minimum age 18 years old...

GATE score is valid for TWO (2) years....

All the best....

cenarocks Array

Hi,
    GATE exam stands for Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering.

GATE score is valid for 2 years.

GATE exam Eligibility;-

>>You must be Passed a B.tech Degree from a recognized university.

>>Appearing in final year candidates are also Eligible.

There is no specific Age limit for Gate exam.

You can maximum number of times this exam.

There is no Number of attempts for GATE exam.

All the best........................

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?