Unregistered

How to get admission in M.Tech without appearing for GATE this year?

I am planning to give Gate2012.But i have a backlog in 6th semester which im sure ill clear next year, but its result will be out only in August 2012 first or second week. Ill be graduating in Year 2012.Is their a way i can get admission in any college for mtech( specifically iits,bits,dtu ). I cleared Gate 2011( for practise) with 96.5per.Please Help

malik.sumit93 Array
    D-68/3 , ishwar Colony , Arjun park , Najafgarh , New Delhi-43

Re: How to get admission in M.Tech without appearing for GATE this year?

No sir you can't take admission in any college of m.tech without clearing your backlog of 6th sem.....so, take care...

Hasham Array

MANY universities/reputed colleges (IITs ,NITs,) consider GATE score. though u have a backlog if u clear it its ok, but if u dont it may be problem.
    u have one advantage. though u dont clear ur subject and u get a good score in GATE 2012 u can use this score to get admission into Mtech. as
    GATE SCORE IS VALID FOR TWO YEARS .

THOugh gate is not ur option there ar many ways to get into Mtech.
    like STATE CET/exam conducted by universities. etc...
    many deemed universities ask either GATE qualify/their entrance exam cleareance.
    so need not worry. u can get into Mtech.

all the best

T.Divya Vani Array

hi friend,
    actually you have to clear all sub in your graduation then only you can enter for m.tech in any college even for management seat also even though you have the good percent in previous gate exam which you wrote in your 3rd year, you need to get completion of all your sub's so first clear your backlogs and then u definitely get the seat in m.tech college.. but again you have to write the gate exam in 2013 because your previous score is taken up to 2year's only i think. so please check it once clearly..

all the best,good luck..

KamatchiDeviK Array

Smile Re: How to get admission in M.Tech without appearing for GATE this year?

hi friend,
    There is a possiblity to appear for TANCET in annauniversity.
    you have to clear all sub in your graduation then only you can enter for m.tech in any college even for management seat ,first clear your backlogs and then u definitely get the seat in m.tech college.. but again you have to write the gate exam in 2013 because your previous score is taken up to 2year's only i think. so please check it once clearly..

all the best,good luck..

jagannadh Array

yes you can, you had said that you had covered the gate with high score..this will be useful for two years..Being enthusiastic to be a M.Tech student you can use the last year score to be the present year,for this you have to clear the backlogs that you are baring with...but if it is expired for the two years it will not be useful be prepared for the result....
    good luck

anxanu Array

First of all let me congratulate you for exemplary performance in GATE. Its quite disturbing to see that such a meritorious students have backlog. I am sure that it was because of your negligence and careless attitude. Nevertheless now you are focused, hard working and serious about your career and its getting reflected in your GATE score card.

You need not to worry about the backlog anymore. You have to sit and prepare for better performance in GATE as well as other PSUs. You can start your PG from the next academic year as with the backlog unfortunately, you will not be able to get admission in this calender year.

happy to help u Array

dear if you want to do M. tech then you have to compulsory clear GATE exam otherwise you are not eligible for M.tech. you apply in gate and do more practice and give time to your studies then you will clear your GATE exam.
    best of luck

zoey Array

no no ...u dont understand the concept of gate ...it doesnt go like u will b doing post graduation by 2012 ...if u say u r giving gate last year ,it means that ur result is valid upto 2013 ...ok ...so u can wait for ur 6th sem result to cum ...u even have lots of tym to prepare and go for reappear if u dont clear it in this go ....by chance u dont clear it till 2013 ,i can assure u noone is gonna take u in any college or university .....n yes gate score is necessary today for persuing m.tech ...

akhilesh beri Array

no sir u cannot join any of the institutes because they want your degrees to be submitted at the time of joining
    u can try for some private colleges they might can take , so as u need not to drop but u'll not get better opportunities

param pita Array

Dear friend,You dont understand the concept of gate ...it doesnt go like u will b doing post graduation by 2012 ...if u say u r giving gate last year ,it means that ur result is valid upto 2013 ...ok ...so u can wait for ur 6th sem result to cum ...u even have lots of tym to prepare and go for reappear if u dont clear it in this go ....by chance u dont clear it till 2013 ,i can assure u noone is gonna take u in any college or university .....n yes gate score is necessary.colleges (IITs ,NITs,) consider GATE score. though u have a backlog if u clear it its ok, but if u dont it may be problem.
    u have one advantage. though u dont clear ur subject and u get a good score in GATE 2012 u can use this score to get admission into Mtech. as
    GATE SCORE IS VALID FOR TWO YEARS .

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    sorry but without clearing your backlogs you cannot get addmission in any of the college in india, for getting college you must clear your backlogs,though you get good marks in gate entrance but this is not sufficient for taking addmission in reputed institutes like IITS ,BITS etc, and also gate score card is valid for two years ,so, you clear your backlogs and then take addmission in any college of your choice.........

all the best for your future....................

bipin Array

First let me clear you that if you want to take admission to master course in any stream then first you must have clear bachelor degree.

As you have backlog in your bachelor degree you can not apply M.Tech in any way.

So first clear your backlog and then you are eligible for M.Tech.

subham21 Array

DEAR FRIEND,
    I AM SORRY TO SAY THAT NOONE CAN GET THE M.TECH i.e GATE EXAM WITHOUT CLEARING HIS BACKLOGS.AFTER U CLEAR ALL YOUR BACKLOGS U CAN DEFINITELY
    APPEAR FOR GATE EXAM.WORK HARD TO CLEAR ALL YOUR BACKLOGS.

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

Without appearing for gate you can get admission in two ways i.e

1. You can use the GATE scorecard of 2011 for admission into M.Tech as the score card will be valid for 2 years i.e you can use it this year.
    2. If you wish to not use the gate scorecard then apply for post graduation entrance exams such as TANCET, PGCET, etc...
    After clearing those exams you must attend the council ling and based on the rank you secured you'll be getting admission into M.Tech.

All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

adi_netgenie Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am planning to give Gate2012.But i have a backlog in 6th semester which im sure ill clear next year, but its result will be out only in August 2012 first or second week. Ill be graduating in Year 2012.Is their a way i can get admission in any college for mtech( specifically iits,bits,dtu ). I cleared Gate 2011( for practise) with 96.5per.Please Help
    ~~GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING or GATE is a entrance examinations for candidates aspiring for a post graduation course in engineering

By GATE score you are are eligible to get admission to any engineering college for post graduation courses
    now the question is how to get the similar facility without a gate score????
    Well......everything has its own way....so does this thing!!!!!!

~Some colleges (mainly some private institutions) take donation and capitation fees and give a seat for M.Tech in their college

~There is another thing called MANAGEMENT QUOTA where you can get a seat if and only if you are familiar with any official in the management of the college or you are ready to pay the donation

~apart from these there are some OPEN UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES (PRIVATE) which offer Post graduation course in Engineering without a GATE PERCENTILE.so you may opt for those colleges

though you have these ways.....still it is advisable that you should do M.Tech in regular full time course from a university accepting admission by GATE SCORE

===HERE IS LIST OF THOSE COLLEGES WHERE YOU CAN DO M.TECH WITHOUT A GATE SCORE===

• Anna University, Guindy, Chennai
    • Jawahral Nehru University(JNU), School of Environmental Sciences, New Delhi
    • Tamil Nadu GD Agricultural University, Coimbatore
    • University of Jammu,
    • Awadh University, Faizabad-224001
    • College of Science,GITAM University,Andhra Pradesh
    • Institute of Environment Education And Research,Bharati Vidyapeeth,Maharashtra
    • Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
    • Jamia Hamdard University, Kamdard Nagar, Delhi
    • Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Kashmere Gate, Delhi
    • Aligarh Muslim University, Zafarabad Road, Jaunpur
    • Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra
    • University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
    • Bharathiar University, Coimbatore

But my personal advise is that you must go for full time course by appearing for GATE
    at least try to crack GATE .....if you are unsuccessful then you may opt for this....
    full time courses are always preferable to per time courses or correspondence courses

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!

harshit agrawal Array

Dear.........
    Yes you can take admission into M.TECH without writing gate in some private colleges with management
    seats giving them high donation but if you write GATE and with good rank you can get admission into
    good university and even with getting scholarship while studying so choice is yours.
    best of luck.......

vengat Array

hai dear

for many top universities and colleges around india
    like iit and nit the gate score is needed...

If u are not writing the the gate exam
    u may write tancet from anna university..

Also
    without gate u may get seets in some deemed and private universities.. Try it

all the best

learn Array

see my dear friend its very unfortunate that you can not appear at the gate exam this year due to backlog.
    >>basically if you want to do m.tech from premiere institutes of india then the only way is to give and clear the gate exam with good marks.
    >>its very sad to tell you that is no alternative to gate exam for entrance in iits and nits for m.tech course.

but still the doors are not closed for you as you can still get some of the good colleges through the state level entrance exam>

some of the good colleges are there in the following states:
    • west bengal
    • maharastra
    • tamil nadu
    • uttar pradesh
    • karnataka
    • gujarat(chemical related)

also apart from these you can apply for the following universities:
    • VITMEE

• BIT

• IIIT Hyderabad

• IIIT banglore

• JNU

• JNTU

• WBTU

• GBTU

Neha S Array

Hello friend

As you have taken GATE TEST in the year 2011 and scored above 96% ,so I would really appreciate your step to appear for the test .

Now I would like to tell you that if you are having your backlog in your 6th semester and really working to clear it so if you clear it then it would not be a problem for you .

The result for your backlog would be out in August 2012 so you need not to take the GATE test again as the validity of GATE TEST is 2 years so you still have enough time to make use of the same GATE test which you had taken in 2011 .

So you can apply for the admissions in IIT in the year 2013 ,but you must have got atleast 55% in your Bachelors degree .

Still if you want to take GATE test ,you can go for it as pre final year candidates are also eligible for GATE but you cannot join M.Tech course without clearing that backlog.

So instead of practising for GATE again,I would say ,study hard and clear the backlog without any doubts.

Thanks

deep3079 Array

Arrow Re: How to get admission in M.Tech without appearing for GATE this year?

Hallo Friend..........

....By GATE score you are are eligible to get admission to any engineering college for post graduation courses
    now the question is how to get the similar facility without a gate score????
    Well......everything has its own way....so does this thing!!!!!!

Some colleges (mainly some private institutions) take donation and capitation fees and give a seat for M.Tech in their college

~There is another thing called MANAGEMENT QUOTA where you can get a seat if and only if you are familiar with any official in the management of the college or you are ready to pay the donation

~apart from these there are some OPEN UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES (PRIVATE) which offer Post graduation course in Engineering without a GATE PERCENTILE.so you may opt for those colleges

though you have these ways.....still it is advisable that you should do M.Tech in regular full time course from a university accepting admission by GATE SCORE

===HERE IS LIST OF THOSE COLLEGES WHERE YOU CAN DO M.TECH WITHOUT A GATE SCORE===

1. Anna University, Guindy, Chennai
    2. Jawahral Nehru University(JNU), School of Environmental Sciences, New Delhi
    3. Tamil Nadu GD Agricultural University, Coimbatore
    4. University of Jammu,
    5. Awadh University, Faizabad-224001
    6. College of Science,GITAM University,Andhra Pradesh
    7. Institute of Environment Education And Research,Bharati Vidyapeeth,Maharashtra
    8. Cochin University of Science and Technology, Kochi
    9. Jamia Hamdard University, Kamdard Nagar, Delhi
    10. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Kashmere Gate, Delhi
    11. Aligarh Muslim University, Zafarabad Road, Jaunpur
    12. Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University, Agra
    13. University of Rajasthan, Jaipur
    14. Bharathiar University, Coimbatore

But my personal advise is that you must go for full time course by appearing for GATE
    at least try to crack GATE .....if you are unsuccessful then you may opt for this....
    full time courses are always preferable to per time courses or correspondence courses...

Best of luck...

With regards from deep3079........

Unregistered

I have done M.Sc. organic chemistry. Am I eligible for admission to M.E./ M.Tech. in Environmental Engineering ?

sai5a3 Array

hai friend

Without appearing for GATE exams also u can get admission into M.Tech

For Andhrapradesh there will be a P.GSET exam conducted to join in M.Tech in Ap Colleges

U can also join in Management quota also

Thus u can easily get an admissuion in to B.Tech without appearing for GATE exams also

Hope the information is HelpFul to u

All The Best

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

gate stands for the graduate aptitude test in engineering

after completing the graduation degree ,if you want study the higher studies which means post graduation courses ,you can write gate exam

the gate score is valid for 2 years

with out writing the gate exam also you can complete your post graduation courses

you can join in some private institutions in the management quota also

are you can write the pgcet exam ,these exam is conducted by the osmania university

hope this information helps you

good luck

Unregistered

i m in 1st sem and if i get block in any subject and if i clear it with 60 percent will i be eligible for gate exam

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant....

If you want get admission in m.tech so you must be give GATE exam and than you get

admission M.tech government college and You must be prepare well in this GATE exam

because its a tough level exam and You must be prepare well in this exam and after crack

exam you get admission m.tech college.You can join GATE exam best institute like T.I.M.E

is a best institute after complete coaching you definatly crack GATE exam .GATE exam pattern

has changed this year 2013 and also result formula.GATE exam pattern 65 question ask

and 100 marks paper.You get a good percentile than get admission any college admission

and if you want job so you can apply also GATE scorecard based you get a good job many

companies .

GOOD LUCK

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    Yes you can get admission in M.TECH without appearing in GATE.There are two ways.
    1. Management Cota.
    2. Distance Education.
    In some colleges there is a specific(10%) Seat for getting admission for M.Tech inManagement cota.In this the candidate willing to give more admission fee and know some member in Management gets priority of having admission in M.Tech.
    There are certain Universities which provides distance education for M.Tech.Such university are AMITY UNIVERSITY,SIKKIM-MANIPAL University.You can get admission in this nuniversiry by appling online.
    For more information visit
    www.amity.edu
    www.smu.edu
    All the best.

kamalikac Array

I think you can get admission in M.Tech without appearing in GATE by Management quota.In some colleges there are some specific sits alloted for management quota.With the help of management quota student can get get admission without appearing for GATE examination.

Unregistered

i have cleared GATE in 2012 with qualifying score,i was not able to join mtech in 2012,due to insufficient knowledge about admission and how to select different colleges through online and all. now i\'am planning to join mtech in the year 2013,please help me wheather i need apply for pg cet or by gate score only i can get the admission.??
    one more thing is that i don,t know the procedure to get seat in various colleges in india through GATE. plese inform me how to apply for various colleges or is there any counciling for mtech also like BE???

dharmesh99 Array

i have cleared GATE in 2012 with qualifying score,i was not able to join mtech in 2012,due to insufficient knowledge about admission and how to select different colleges through online and all. now i\'am planning to join mtech in the year 2013,please help me wheather i need apply for pg cet or by gate score only i can get the admission.??
    one more thing is that i don,t know the procedure to get seat in various colleges in india through GATE. plese inform me how to apply for various colleges or is there any counciling for mtech also like BE???
    Dear Friend,
    As you are interested about M.Tech Admission Procedure...
    Following is some information about M.Tech in Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.

M.Tech :
    Admission in M.Tech Program held twice in a year July and December.
    >Admission advertisement publish March/April and September Respectivaly.
    >Candidate must have passed Qualifying exam as well as have valid GATE Score card.
    I hope above information will help you.
    Also you can visit IITK website :

CLICK HERE

Regards,
    Dharmesh

Sadaf yasmin Array

There is only one acknowledged exam for doing m.tech is GATE EXAM which make you to enter into top universities like IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITY and many more top other university ..

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..
    some private colleges conduct their own exams too but most of university consider gate exam..marks

But yes you can take admission into M.TECH without writing gate that is in some private colleges with high donation but if you write GATE and with good rank you can get admission into good university and even with getting scholarship while studying so choice is yours!!!!!!!

All the best.....

Arun Krishna Array

DEAR ASPIRANT
    SOME COLLEGES TAKE DONATIONS OR MANAGEMENT FEES TO GET SEAT IN M.TECH i.e MANAGEMENT QUOTA OR YOU CAN DO DISTANCE EDUCATION
    *****HERE ARE THE LIST OF THE COLLEGES WHERE YOU CAN DO M.TECH *****
    >GITAM
    >COCHIN UNIVERSITY
    >UNIVERSITY OF JAMMU
    >UNIVERSITY OF RAJASTHAN
    >VITMEE
    >BIT
    BEST OF LUCK

pradip kumar Array

if you don't appeared in gate exam ..... u can't do m.tech from iit ... but that not means you can not do .... you can do it from other colleges ., universities ..

burnnearn4u Array

Dear candidate for getting admission in any M.TEch course, prime requirement is that you must have cleared your all subjects.

Reason being while checking your documents they will check results till 7th semester.

Your all subjects must be cleared.

Second thing you have cleared GATE exam 2011 so you have validity for that score for 2 years.

Hence you can try next year.

Third you can try for some other way like CSIR etc. If you could clear their interview (hope till then you will clear 6th sem backlog).

Then you can get a chance in IIT's or in CSIR itself.

spider man Array

Hello friend
    >>Now there is a way to do M.Tech without writing GATE exam
    >>The GATE exam score is valid till 2 years, so use it for getting admission
    >>Many deeemed universities conduct entrace exam other than GATE to get students in M.Tech, you may get into that also
    all the best...

RajveerSingh Array

For starters permit me to congratulate you actually to get outstanding functionality in GATE. It has the really distressing so that you can see that such a meritorious pupils possess backlog. I know that it ended up being from your disregard as well as dangerous attitude. However at this point you happen to be concentrated, diligent and heavy about your job and its receiving demonstrated as part of your GATE credit score card.

You don't need to to concern yourself with your backlog anymore. You must relax and get ready for much better functionality in GATE together with other PSUs. You can begin the PG by your next academics calendar year as while using backlog sadly, you actually will not be able for getting everyone with this calender year.

GRADUATE APTITUDE TEST IN ENGINEERING or maybe GATE is a front door tests to get prospects wannabe to get an article college study course in executive

By way of GATE credit score you happen to be usually are allowed have admission to almost any executive college to get post college lessons
    at this point the question is just how to discover the very similar ability with out a gate credit score
    Well......everything have their own way....so does this issue.

A number of educational institutions (mainly a few exclusive institutions) bring donation as well as capitation costs and offer your chair to get M.Tech of their college

You can find yet another thing referred to as MANAGEMENT QUOTA where you can find a chair in the event that for in case you are familiar with almost any recognized inside therapy for the institution or maybe you're so that you can cash donation

besides these kinds of there are several OPEN UNIVERSITIES/COLLEGES (PRIVATE) that provide Article college study course in Engineering with out a GATE PERCENTILE.so you could possibly decide on those people colleges.

There is only one regarded quiz to get performing m.tech can be GATE EXAM which will allow you to so that you can enter into major universities including IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITY and many more major alternative university ..

gate signifies usually are suitable for anyone educational institutions and it's also legitimate to get 2 a long time ..
    a few exclusive educational institutions do his or her tests far too but almost all of university take into consideration gate exam..marks

Nevertheless yes you might take everyone in M.TECH without the need of producing gate that is in many exclusive educational institutions rich in donation but in case you create GATE and with great position you can find everyone in great university as well as despite having receiving scholarship although researching consequently options are your own

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?