Unregistered

How can I improve my writing speed?

I am too slow in english writing and this puts me at disadvantage when I am solving the question paper with too many subjective questions .I often miss many questions because of lack of time even though I knew the answers.

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Re: How can I improve my writing speed?

Hi Buddy,

I don't think you are facing a major problem that is because as you have mentioned that you slow in writing English i feel you must practice hard i.e

1. First take down a paragraph from a text book and copy it in a rough paper, note down the time taken in order for you to write it.
    2. Repeat the step again and again so that you can write the same paragraph with less time.
    3. Now take down a previous question paper if you know the questions solve the paper and check whether you can solve the paper in the least possible time.

Practice is the only thing that can help you in improving your writing.
    All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

loser Array

Hello Friend,

First of all, let's assume that you are using all your fingers correctly. As you probably know, it is not just speed of 70 words a minute but 70 words without errors. So the idea is to be able to type correctly and build up the speed. And the only way I know is with practice, but it has to be the right practice.

Start by typing material at a much slower pace but with a steady tempo and accuracy. That may mean something like 30-40 wpm. The steady tempo is important. Avoid speeding up and slowing down. Type as if you are hitting the keys in tune with a metronome. Copy a newspaper article accurately at whatever speed you can maintain steadily without mistakes. Keep doing that with different articles and you will be surprised how your speed will increase

Another easy way is:

E-mail, online bulletin boards and forums.

so that you will increase your speed.

Balathegreat Array

Hi,To improve your writing speed i would suggest you 8 tips. The following are those tips. 1. First of all you must decide to improve your Hand Writing. Because mind is the cause of every thing. So you must first think that you must improve your handwriting.2. Write with a good pen. 3. Have a good hand grip on your pen. Don't handle your pen loosely.4. You need to sit up straight yet relaxed, with your non-writing fingers gently curled under your hand, and your hand and wrist resting lightly on the table.5. You should not be using your wrist and fingers to write – that leads to cramped, stilted writing, as well as fatigue. Rather, your fingers should hold the pen in place and act as a guide, and all the movement should come from the shoulder girdle.6. To practise using your shoulder muscles to write, hold your arm in front of you, elbow bent, and write big letters in the air. 7. Once you’re confident with the muscles needed to write in thin air, it’s time to fire it up to 11 and break out the pen and paper.8. Practice as much as you can. Because constant practice will lead you to success.

sumit pandey Array

start writing with a good dark black penscil for few days and try to use cursive writing books for atleast two weeks i.e two to five pages four times a day without feeling your self boared of it.
    let see if u can.
    then after 20 to 25 days of practice start using good ball pen (not recomended by the nursary to 12th std teachers as it spoil hand writing ) gell pen only it will help u to improve ur hand writing with speed of ur desire.
    hope to get some good news from u
    thanks.

lvnareshsunrise Array

It is very much essential for the candidates to have good writing speed especially for the sake of final exams and other competitive exams.

The only way to improve writing speed is by having a good practice.

Whenever you get free time, keep on writing something whether by copying or your own content.

First of all, I suggest you to be strong enough in spellings of various words.

If you are strong enough in spellings, obviously, you will get confidence regarding correctness of various words which you write.

As you are in improving stage, soon after the completion writing a particular content, just evaluate yourself and try to capitalize on the areas where you need to develop.

Wish you all the best.

Rahulnewyon Array

Same problem i faced when i was in 10th class.
    The best solution i give you in points
    1.Take good quality pen(which fits in your hand means the pens diameter) and paper.
    2.Tell someone to dictate paragraphs to you.
    3.Who dictate you tell it to said fast from your original speed.
    4.Dont worry about handwriting.At first it goes bad but later it sets.
    5.Plz write with low pressure.Dont apply much force on paper by pen whibh is in your hand.
    6.You have to follow the speed of the dictator.
    If you do this i am really sure your writing speed will increase in a month.
    Good luck.

rohitacradezade Array

Hi friend! Congrats if u know ur weak point and want to have a cure! First u shud find topics of ur interest and then write them evry morning ! Find confidence and always tell urself you can do it..set targets and try to get them! Best of luck

iGenius Array

​hi friend,
    first you have to build confidence because confidence is the root of communication skills.

Muthulakshmisankar Array

My advice: You should practice more at home. If the test is computer-based test, you should practice typing as quick as possible. But it is important that: Try to avoid grammar mistakes as much as possible. If you can write 20 sentence correctly is better than 40 sentences but 30 ones are in correct.

rajashekhar Array

hiiiii,
    the first and foremost thing i would say is that practice makes the man perfect so go on writing it may increase your speed but that is not only the way i will tell you some alternative here.
    i suggest you must listen news on TV and try to write down what the news reader is saying.
    take a english newspaper and take a colomn fix a time limit say 15 min,practice this for a week then after 1 week fix the time as 10minutes and then after one more week reduce it to 5 min.this helps you a lot.try it out...........

adi_netgenie Array

Cool Re: How can I improve my writing speed?

5 Easy Steps to Improve your Writing Speed

1.Concentration: You must have your full Concentration while writing.Scientists have proved that a fully concentrated mind can write and read 2-3times faster
    2.Body Posture: you must sit straight with a proper Body posture.Do not bend your head(lean down) too much as it can cause strain and irritation and thereby reducing your writing speed
    3.Choosing the Right pen: you need to choose the pen which suits your fingers and hand the best.you may try out some pen with grips(preferably ball pen).they are very effective in writing fast
    DO NOT PRESS THE PEN TOO HARD.it will cause pain after sometime and eventually your writing speed will degrade
    4.Maintain Quality: For the sake of speed, you cannot and you MUST not sacrifice your handwriting quality.you have to gain up writing speed maintaining a standard quality of handwriting.it must be clear enough(legible).You must try to reduce your minimum spelling mistakes and other errors while writing.slowly these errors will vanish on practicing hard
    5.Regular Practice: Practice hard regularly for 45-60mins regularly.At first practice copying texts from newspaper articles,short stories,etc.and always note the time that you take to write a paragraph.Rewrite it but in less time.Try to reduce the time limit slowly.if possible take dictations later on.it is very good for increasing writing speed. Practice this for 1-2 months.eventually your writing speed will increase appreciably.

Being a private tutor, I have implemented these on some of my students and it did yielded a good positive feedback!
    there is no age bar to these practice.Anyone can try it out.All it requires....is 'determination'!!!

Just remember these 5 basic points and very soon you will be writing fast than ever!!! enjoy Writing !!!

subham21 Array

Dear friend,

do u know every teacher tells his student practice makes man perfect,
    whatever be the difficult work it would be,it is always possible to do it.
    When ever u practice more & more your writing speed increases definitely.

There are some alternative clues which helps u more in writing

1. First of all take good quality of pen/pencil with quality paper which gives u interesting in writing

2.tell some one to read a paragraph & when he read try to write with his reading

3.watch news in television & when he speaks accordingly u have to write what he said

4.write everything in low pressure & do not give extra pressure to your hand

5. I am sure if u follow these steps then your writing speed increases in a less time.

Best of luck...........

aroy8091 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am too slow in English writing and this puts me at disadvantage when I am solving the question paper with too many subjective questions .I often miss many questions because of lack of time even though I knew the answers.
    Hallo Friend.........

You are very slow in English writing and you want to overcome this problem. Yes, definitely I will

suggest you how to overcome this problem. If you are expert in your own mother tongue, then you can expert in any

language. Besides I will suggest you in following ways:

i. First of all, Increase your concentration while reading a text or while writing.

ii. Secondly, you need a lot of practice in the language you want to know well.

iii. Thirdly, you have to notice about your seating posture. It is very essential to concentrate on your body posture

and the type of seating style while studying. It is always expected to keep your spinal cord straight while studying.

iv. Fourthly, you should always try to listen English News channels and English films with sub-title below and try to

speak out those lines. This will increase your speaking power.

v. Finally it should always be kept in mind that don't reduce your quality of writing in increasing your speed.

So, best of luck, friend.....

With best regards from aroy8091............

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    This is a Serious Problem If You are Appearing for Board or Theoritical Paper.
    For Entrance Exams it does not matters.
    Here are few tips which will help you.
    1. Try to Write a Paragraph seeing at it.
    2. Handwriting is not the matter if you are in college, people see for your Answers.
    3. Take Ball pens with point one. Avoid Gel Pen or Ink Pen
    4. Try to Make notes, faster.
    5. I would say, Try to improve your clearity of writing handwriting does not effect.
    6. Make a Daily Task of writing a paragraph. Your time must decrease daily.

All the Best
    Good Luck

Unregistered

how can i improve my bad handwriting

dharmesh99 Array

I am too slow in english writing and this puts me at disadvantage when I am solving the question paper with too many subjective questions .I often miss many questions because of lack of time even though I knew the answers.
    Dear Friend,

You should practice everyday 2-3 hour to write English paragraph.
    Also you should prepare and solve some papers for exam which you have applied.
    If You have prepare well for exam then definately you can score well in exam and also don't worry about weakness in English.You can do it improve by more prectice.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

Unregistered

how to improve my dictation work in urdu that always happend that my answer was right bt small mistake make my test lower marking...im upset help me out..!!!!!!

ritwizb Array

To improve the bad hand writing will take at least 10-15 days.You have to practice daily.You should write in 4 lines copy which Junior class students use.If you improve on that then will definitely improve the hand writing.You should know that a good hand writing can be achieved by lean down your hand to right hand side or write straight with out leaning your hand.Those while writing use to lean their hand on left side,their hand writing consider as bad.So,try to lean your hand right had side & then write or middle.So,start doing this & buy English Newspaper & write a paragraph everyday.Will definitely improve.

EALPmember Array

Hello dear,

The problem faced by you is normally due to lack of writing practice. The reason for this is that when
    we start the preparation for english section for any competition exam, we have the habit of solving the
    objective questions and even for subjective questions, we just think the answers in our mind that
    this should be the answer and verify with the actual answers.
    If its correct then its OK and if its wrong then we get the reason from solution book.

So the main reason of slow speed is that we dont actually write the answers during our preparation and practice time
    and hence our writing speed is affected during actual exams.
    For this reason you should always try to write the answers on paper if you are practicing the paper and
    please remember more practice will surely increase your speed.

You should also try to write the summary of editorial section of any news paper as it is believed that summary
    writing of editorial section improves the vocabulary as well as content capture for any topic which
    indirectly helps in any debate or Group Discussion. Most importantly in your case it'll also help to improve your
    writing speed.

Unregistered

practice makes the man perfect..... i think jo upar sub ne kaha he u have 2 try t8

james786 Array

hi,,

You should complete how to get the better job

In the get the better working are it

In the ways so you need the better exam are given it

In the below are it

I don't think you are facing a major problem that is because as you have mentioned that you slow in writing English i feel you must practice hard i.e

1. First take down a paragraph from a text book and copy it in a rough paper, note down the time taken in order for you to
    write it.

2. Repeat the step again and again so that you can write the same paragraph with less time.

3. Now take down a previous question paper if you know the questions solve the paper and check whether you can solve the
    paper in the least possible time.

that's it

ALL THE BEST

surya143prakashrao Array

1. First take down a paragraph from a text book and copy it in a rough paper, note down the time taken in order for you to write it.
    3. Now take down a previous question paper if you know the questions solve the paper and check whether you can solve the paper in the least possible time.

Practice is the only thing that can help you in improving your writing.
    All the best.

amansin Array

My Friend,

I Have given you some tips to improve your writting---

1)First of all you have to take minimum 2 hours to do practice of Writting.
    2)You have to do Minimum 4&5 pages of writting.
    3)Do the Writting in Fair Pages.
    4)Any Alphabat that you can't writte properly do that word again and again.
    5)Take 10 Minutes For doing 1 page Writting
    6)Practice More and More times to improve your Writting.

THANK YOU AND ALL THE BEST

Akashbhai Array

Hi friend,

To improve your writing speed do one thing, just write 10 paragraphs a day and set up time and complete it as much faster than you can.

thanks.....

Badshah Array

• Improving the writing speed is very essential mainly in the examination otherwise you may lose many marks.
    • If in exam you are concentrating more on handwriting than speed then you must start taking speed in consideration.
    • Always use a good pen when can run smoothly on paper.
    • Analyse your speed in rough book and practice on it to improve the speed.
    • In examination, never think about other things, just concentrate on the exam paper.
    • In examination hall, make sure that you have convieniant sitting arrangement, so that you can feel comfortable.

Mr.N Arora Array

Dear friend here you have not mentioned in which subject you like to increase your writing speed.Any way

to increase the writing speed you are to do:

1.Read English News paper or preferred language /and write essay/letter or prepare drafting.

2.You are to get admission in the coaching center to enhance the speed regarding reding/writing as well.

3.Always try to speak in your preferred language also to exchange dialogue in your preferred language to
    increase writing speed.

4.always keep in mind "practice makes a person perfect"

Thank you,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?