Unregistered

How can a B.Tech ECE student prepare for IAS alongwith his studies ? What is the eligibility criteria and Syllabus for appearing in IAS exam ?

i am a ECE student.Now i am in 3rd year .I am doing my B.TECH from synergy institute of technology ,Bhubaneswar Odisha under BPUT. I WANT TO KNOW HOW I PREPAIR MY I.A.S EXAM FROM NOW ALONG WITH MY STUDY.WHAT IS THE ELEGIBILITY CRETERIA AND PERSENTAGE OF MARK REQUIRED FOR APPEARING THE EXAM?WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS RELATED TO THIS EXAM AND GIVE ME THE BRIEF IDEA ABOUT THE SYLLABUS OF THIS EXAM?AS A ECE STUDENT WHAT ARE MY SUBJECTS RELATED TO THIS EXAM AND WHAT ARE THE COMMON SUBJECTS FOR ME?

bipin Array

Re: How can a B.Tech ECE student prepare for IAS alongwith his studies ? What is the eligibility criteria and Syllabus for appearing in IAS exam ?

For IAS examination, You have to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, And after completing the Civil services examination, You will become a IAS officer. IAS is the abbreviation for Indian Administrative Service.

The minimum qualification for attending the IAS exam is a graduation in any discipline. Itís important to obtain the graduation from a recognized university or college.

The exam for IAS is very hard to crack and shear dedication is required from the part of the applicants.

Preparation tips for Civil service exam :

- The Most important thing of all you need to care while to go for Civil Services like IAS is to make a wise selection of subjects for the Preliminary as well as for the Main Examinations. More Often you will have - choice of choosing the subjects you are familiar with. Make sure you choose the subject wisely according to your comfortable level.

- Identify your weak points and work on them effectively.
    - To be successful in the exam, in addition to very hard work, is planned and systematic study. Prepare a schedule as per your convenience and stick to it.

- Solve question papers of previous years and see the pattern of questions asked and mark out types of questions more often repeated.This will help you to know your mistakes and weak points better. I

Optional subjects for
    Civil service main exam:

Economics , Electrical Engineering,Geography, Geology ,History, Law,Management,Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology,Statistics, Zoology, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Anthropology,Botany, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Commerce and Accountancy.

You can choose the subject in sense of your strength .

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
    2)Main exam
    3)Inter View.

For more details about IAS exam visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

adi_netgenie Array

Re: How can a B.Tech ECE student prepare for IAS alongwith his studies ? What is the eligibility criteria and Syllabus for appearing in IAS exam ?

B.tech in ECE is the best engineering course in India

it enable a student to get jobs in both CORE and IT sector

so practically a student can pursue his/her career in any of the fields of his/her choice

well IAS is the toughest examination for JOB in INDIA
    it is the top most job under the central government
    the very best students with good iq get chance in the IAS

firstly lets have a look at the eligibility criteria

Graduation from recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering( this makes you eligible [] ) or an equivalent qualification

AGE LIMIT
    • 21-30 years(For General Candidates)
    • 21-32 years (OBC)
    • 21-35 years (SC/ST candidates)

Number of Attempts
    1. 4 (For General Candidates)
    2. 7 (OBC)
    3. Unlimited (SC/ST candidates)

the exam is conducted in 3 phases

1.Mains
    2.Prelims
    3.Interview

IAS SYLLABUS FOR 2012: http://www.onestopias.com/exam-pattern.asp

TIPS FOR PREPARATION

• to study for IAS along with B.Tech is quite a tough job
    • still if you want to try ,you need to put real hard labour for it
    • study around 8 hours a day
    • practice analytical problem and data interpretation as much as you can
    • English is very tough in IAS Exam
    • YOu may take some private coaching if you wish too
    • you must be aware of quick maths solving procedures
    • you must know time management in order to complete the question paper

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    Myself is also a ECE Student.

IAS is one of the Reputative and respective post. It is a dream career of millions of people but only few crack throug it.
    To Appear for it, you must be citizen of india.
    It is conducted by UPSC.
    Your minimum age must be 21 and maximum age must be 30 for gen, 33 for obc, and 35 for sc/st.
    The Number of Attempts are 4 for general, 7 for OBC and unlimited for SCST.

To prepare i would like to advice you-
    Read Newspaper,
    Go through Times of India,
    Read Our Constitution, Indian History.
    Mainly the Topics is based on General Awareness and Current Affairs.
    You must be thorough into these sections.

All the Best

irasharma Array

Dear friend being a final year student of Engineering course, you can write IAS exam

To become IAS Officer in future, you have to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is Conducted by UPSC Every year in 2 stages :

>> Preliminary examination
    >> Main examination

Eligiblity Criteria :

[FONT=Tahoma]>> To apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course first in any discipline from a recognised University.

>> Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination

>> Your age should between 21 to 30 Years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.[/FONT]

S.Narasimha Murthy Array

HI FRIEND,

1311831062_136690863_1-Coaching-Classes-For-IAS-IPS-TNPSC-and-Banking-Examinations-Call-at-044-2.jpg
    IAS Stands for Indian administrative service.which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for IAS is :

eligibility required:-

you must be a graduation degree of any stream from any recognized university.

Age limit:-

21 years -30 years for general students.
    21 years- 33 years for obc.
    21 years -35 years fro sc/st/pwd.

The syllabus includes the followings:

1.general English
    2.general engineering
    3.verbal/non-verbal/logical reasoning
    4.technical section
    5.general mathematics.

The Selection procedure :

written test
    interview

The IAS written Exam conduct on :

PERMINLARLY : The permlin conducted on the following days.
    04/02/2012
    05/03/2012
    20/05/2012

MAINS: The main exam is conducted on 05/10/2012.

After clearing both you will call for interview.

The IAS exam has two subjects they are:

General studies
    Optional subject

you can choose any of one subject that you are interest from optional subject list:

General Studies
    Agriculture
    Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
    Botany
    Chemistry
    Civil Engineering
    Commerce
    Economics
    Electrical Engineering
    Geography
    Geology
    Indian History
    Law
    Mathematics
    Mechanical Engineering
    Medical Science
    Philosophy
    Physics
    Political Science
    Psychology
    Public Administration
    Sociology
    Statistics
    Zoology
    Anthropology
    Arabic
    Assamese

Best of Luck,have a Bright Future

sameer007 Array

Yes, of course a b.tech ECE student can prepare for IAS during his study period.
    If you have chosen a subject from your branch for the mains then it will be very much helpful for you.
    You should give special stress on that subjects.

Minimum eligibility criteria to appear in IAS-
    Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
    You should be graduate from your field.
    You should be citizen of India.

for info http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Buzz Array

To examine the international accounting standards, and you must apply for UPSC civil services examination, and after the completion of the study of the civil service, the officer will become the International Accounting Standards. IAS is an abbreviation for the Indian Administrative Service.

The minimum qualifications to attend the examination of international accounting standards is graduation in any discipline. It's important to get the graduation from a recognized university or college.

Test for the international accounting standards is very difficult to eliminate and dedication required to shear part of the applicants.

Tips to prepare for the civil service exam:

- The most important thing of all, you need to take care of while you go to the civil services such as international accounting standards is to make the wise choice of themes for the primary as well as for the main exams. In many cases, you will have - the option to choose the topics you are familiar with. Make sure you choose the subject wisely and according to a comfortable level.

- Identify your weaknesses and work on them effectively.
    - To be successful in the exam, as well as very hard work, planning and methodology of the study. Prepare a schedule according to your convenience, and stick to it.

- Resolution of the question papers of previous years and see the type of questions, and the sign of the kinds of questions often repeated.This will help you find out your mistakes and weaknesses better. I

Optional subjects for civil service exam is the key:
    And economics, electrical engineering, geography, geology, history, law, management, mathematics, mechanical engineering, medical science, philosophy, physics, political science and international relations, psychology, public administration, sociology, statistics, zoology, agriculture, animal husbandry and veterinary medicine science, anthropology, botany, chemistry, civil engineering, commerce and accounting.

grotesque Array

Dear sir/madam,
    If you want to appear in the IAS exam then you have to firstly complete your graduation or professional degree in any stream. If you want to start your preperation then you have to start minimum 1 year before from the year of test. The maximum attempts available for appearing in the test is 4 times. the main requirement for IAs are:
    - Graduation in any stream.
    - Minimum age of 21 years.
    - Maximum attempts are available is 4 times.
    - Maximum age to apply is 30 years for a general category
    - Must be a citizen of India.
    The syllabus for the purpose of IAS exam are as follows-
    Stage I- Preliminary test
    1. Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
    2. English
    3. Quantitative aptitude
    4. General awarness
    Stage II- Written exams:
    In that stage, you have to choose two optional subjects for the written exam from the list issued by UPSC.
    Stage III- Personal Interview.
    After completing these stage ,then you will be an IAS officer.
    All the best

vengat Array

Dear friend

btech <-----> ias

for preparing ias as a btech student u must concentrate many things other than your studies

first plane your timings for a day, important that will not intersect with your studies

because youíre learning process is growing day by day, for your ias exam

read news papers and concentrate with your gk

one day sucess will come

eligiblity is must a graduate, must a citizen of india, age limit is 21 to 30

all the best

Navneet T Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i am a ECE student.Now i am in 3rd year .I am doing my B.TECH from synergy institute of technology ,Bhubaneswar Odisha under BPUT. I WANT TO KNOW HOW I PREPAIR MY I.A.S EXAM FROM NOW ALONG WITH MY STUDY.WHAT IS THE ELEGIBILITY CRETERIA AND PERSENTAGE OF MARK REQUIRED FOR APPEARING THE EXAM?WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS RELATED TO THIS EXAM AND GIVE ME THE BRIEF IDEA ABOUT THE SYLLABUS OF THIS EXAM?AS A ECE STUDENT WHAT ARE MY SUBJECTS RELATED TO THIS EXAM AND WHAT ARE THE COMMON SUBJECTS FOR ME?
    ^^ You must concentrate many things other than your studies. First of all your timing foa a day, Important that will not interested with your studies. Because you' re learning process is growing day by day for your IAS exam. Read news papers and concentrate with your General Knowledge.

^^ Eligibility is must a graduate, must a citizen of India,

^ Your age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.

^ there is a relaxation also provided for the SC/ST/ and OBC candidates.

there are two stages for the IAS examination :

STAGE 1 :

^ Priliminary Test.

^ Verbal and Non Verbal Reasoning.

^ English.

^ Quantitative Aptitude.

^ General Awareness.

STAGE 2 :

^ Written Examination .
    ^ In taht stage you have to choose two optional subjects for the written exam from the list issued by the UPSC.

STAGE 3 :

Personal Interview.

After completing these stages then you will be an IAS Officer.

King Array

Hello friend,
    I.A.S is among the competitive exams of India which leads to the most prestigious post of India.I.A.S is conducted by U.P.S.C every year.

Age Limit:-
    A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2012.
    The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:-
    (i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
    (ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

For I.A.S Preparation you must visit the link:-
    http://www.iasexams.com/IASPreparation/IAS-Preparation.php

For I.A.S Study Material you must visit this link:-
    http://www.iasexams.com/CSATStudyMaterial-IASStudyMaterial/IASCSATStudyMaterial-PracticeTestSeries.php

For previous year solved papers you must visit this link and download all the papers and practice all of them.
    The link is:-
    http://www.iasexams.com/IASExamsCivi...PastPapers.php

The syllabus for the purpose of IAS exam are as follows-
    Stage I- Preliminary test
    1. Verbal and non-verbal reasoning
    2. English
    3. Quantitative aptitude
    4. General awareness
    Stage II- Written exams
    In that stage, you have to choose two optional subjects for the written exam from the list issued by U.P.S.C.
    Stage III- Personal Interview.

You should always remember that the most important thing of all you need to take care of while you go to the civil services such as international accounting standards is to make the wise choice of themes for the primary as well as for the main exams.In many cases you will have the option to choose the topics you are familiar with. Make sure you choose the subject wisely and according to a comfortable level.Identify your weaknesses and work on them effectively.To be successful in the exam, as well as very hard work, planning and methodology of the study.Prepare a schedule according to your convenience, and stick to it.Resolution of the question papers of previous years and see the type of questions, and the sign of the kinds of questions often repeated.This will help you find out your mistakes and weaknesses perfectly.And then your work is to work out on those weak points and keep on practicing and maintain your strong points.
    It will help you a lot throughout your Life.

I have attached some previous year solved papers of C.S.A.T and General Studies paper.

I hope this will help you.

I wish you a great luck ahead.

All the best for your exam.

With Regards,
    KING.
    Attached Files

Unregistered

Dear sir/madam ; my name is sajan mishra .i m student of ece .i want to prep in ias exm .plz y tell me which ece optional subject ...and about ias prep in ece

;

Unregistered

How can a B.Tech ECE student prepare for IAS alongwith his studies ? What is the eligibility criteria and Syllabus for appearing in IAS exam ? apart from reading newspapers,how 2 improve genral studies and history...

shivbaba Array

Hello friend,
    I.A.S is among the competitive exams of India which leads to the most prestigious post of India.I.A.S is conducted by U.P.S.C every year.

Age Limit:-
    A general category candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August 2012.
    The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:-
    (i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
    (ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

For I.A.S Preparation you must visit the link:-
    http://www.iasexams.com/IASPreparation/IAS-Preparation.php

For I.A.S Study Material you must visit this link:-
    http://www.iasexams.com/CSATStudyMaterial-IASStudyMaterial/IASCSATStudyMaterial-PracticeTestSeries.php

For previous year solved papers you must visit this link and download all the papers and practice all of them.
    The link is:-
    http://www.iasexams.com/IASExamsCivi...PastPapers.php

Unregistered

HOW CAN A B.E CSE STUDENT PREPARE FOR IAS EXAMINATION ALONG WITH HIS STUDIES? WHAT IS THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND PERCENTAGE OF MARKS SHOULD BE TAKEN? PLEASE GIVE ME A BREIF IDEA ABOUT THIS EXAMS.

Unregistered

hii sir myself Nitin mishra and i will do b.tech from bhubaneswar.Still i have not joined any colleges.i want to prepare the civil service examination.So plz guide me how to prepare for it.And tell which topic i will study first.Plz send me your guidance in my gmail account -nitinmishramou@gmail.com

chandu22 Array

hai friends

ias(indian administrative service)

it is a good decision to become an ias office,while studying b.tech

after studying b.tech in ece branch u can get a good job in any companie or some others compaines

ias exam is conducted by the upsc,centeral government

ias is toughest exam in upsc ,in ias u want to get a english very well

ias is having an age limit
    21-30 years for general candiadates
    21-33 years for obc candidates
    21-35 years for sc/st candidates

in your degree u want must want to read above subjects atleast one subject
    physics
    chemistry
    maths
    botoany
    statics
    zoology
    and some others subjects

selection process
    mains
    preli's
    interviews

you can prepare for ias while studying b.tech (ece)
    you want read maximum 10 hours per a day
    reading english paper daily ,so thatr u can get english very well

syllabus for ias exam is
    1.resoning
    2.verbal and non verbal
    3.general awarness
    4.english
    5.quantitive aptitude
    these are all at stage -i
    for the stage -ii
    want choose any subject in the given choose
    for the stage-iii
    interview

hope it is use full to u
    good luck

parihar40 Array

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

Hi,

Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelorís degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

Top 10 private engineering colleges in Jaipur

Unregistered

dear sir or mam ...i am student of cse in b.tech .....what optional subject i have to choose for ias

Unregistered

My brother is an a ECE student.Now he is in 3rd year .HE is doing his B.TECH from Jaipur institute of engg&technology. He WANT TO KNOW HOW he can prepare his I.A.S EXAM FROM NOW ALONG WITH his STUDY.WHAT IS THE ELEGIBILITY CRETERIA AND PERCENTAGE OF MARK REQUIRED FOR APPEARING THE EXAM?WHAT ARE THE SUBJECTS RELATED TO THIS EXAM AND GIVE ME THE BRIEF IDEA ABOUT THE SYLLABUS OF THIS EXAM?AS A ECE STUDENT WHAT ARE MY SUBJECTS RELATED TO THIS EXAM AND WHAT ARE THE COMMON SUBJECTS FOR him?[/QUOTE]

Unregistered

can i easily crack ias with B.tech in ECE branch with good percentage & general knowledge?
    please tell me.....................

Unregistered

if i will doing b.tech of private college? can i give the upsc exam?

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,
    You are ECE student in engineering branch and you give exam after complete UPSC exam .sorry to say no comman subject for IAS and engineering.briefly explain some eligibity given below;
    ELIGIBILITY FOR AND UPSC EXAM CRETRAI:

1. Must be complete graduation with 55% min
    2.Age limit 21 to 30years and relaxation 5years SC/ST and 3years OBC candidate.
    3.You give UPSC exam.
    4.You must be inmarried and indian.
    you give this exam 4 times in whole life.
    more information :www.upsc.gov.in

with regards mahi...

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,

You complete graduation in B.TECH in ECE

and you give UPSC exam.you prepare well and

work hard because IAS exam is toughest exam in india.

ELIGIBILITY FOR AND UPSC EXAM CRETRAI:

1. Must be complete graduation with 55% min

2.Age limit 21 to 30years and relaxation 5years SC/ST and 3years OBC candidate.

3.You give UPSC exam.

4.You must be inmarried and indian.

you give this exam 4 times in whole life.

more information :www.upsc.gov.in

with regards mahi...

randhirk.rk Array

to appear in the upsc civil services exams, the minimum eligibilty is Graduation Pass
    Min age-21 years max age-30 years
    OBC gets 3 years age relaxation
    SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxation

Number of attempts-4 for general, 7 for obc and no restriction for SC/ST

Exams are held in 3 stages-prelims, mains and interview

Next Prelims exams will be held in MAY 2013 and foms can be filled in feb 2013 through upsc website www.upsconline.nic.in

In prelims there will two papers , which is common to all candidates
    Paper 1- General studies
    Paper 2-comprehension, reasoing, numerical aptitute

IAS preparation requires atleast 8-9 hours a day , so preparing along with your Btech will be difficult

Unregistered

i am a engineering student.now i am in second year i want prepare for ias exam.so pls give some tips and ideas for selecting subjects

Unregistered

how can a B.Tech IT student prepare for IAS and which sub should I choose for IAS Main.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?