Unregistered

Entrance exam to join ISRO as a junior scientist or engineering? Is it necessary to do additional course for the same?

after B.E (ECE) is there any entrance exam to join ISRO to join as a junior scientist or engineer ? is it necessary to do any additional course to join...if so,inform the name of course please .thnx

bipin Array

Re: Entrance exam to join ISRO as a junior scientist or engineering? Is it necessary to do additional course for the same?

ISRO conducts the written examination for recruiting eligible candidates in to various positions. The minimum eligibility for applying for the ISRO exam is a graduation in engineering. You should secure an aggregate of 65% marks in the graduation level.

Eligible Criteria

At least You need Complete you Degree in B.E or B.Tech in any Reputed University
    You need to Score Minimum 60% Of Mark as Aggregate in Your Degree in the Following Discipline
    Mechanical Engineering
    Computer Engineering
    Electronic Engineering

Age Limit

Maximum Age Limit is 35 For General Candidate
    Maximum Age Limit is 38 For OBC Candidate
    Maximum Age Limit is 40 For SC/ST Candidate

ashwak-jo Array

Re: Entrance exam to join ISRO as a junior scientist or engineering? Is it necessary to do additional course for the same?

As you are from ECE strem in B.tech , you will have the posts like ,

1) ENGINEER
    2) SCIENTIST in ISRO

ISRO - Indian Space Research Organisation

To apply for these posts , you should have a minimum of 65% in your B.tech

The selection process is ,

~ Written exam
    ~ Interview

** To get a job in ISRO , as an ECE Graduate , you should have good commnad in all your core subjects

** Especially , you should have good knowledge in depth in all the following subjects

1) Pulse digital circuits
    2) Electrical Circuit Analysis
    3) Ditial Signal Processing
    4) Electronic Devices and Circuits
    5) Optical Fibre and Communications
    6) PTSP
    7) S.S.

** If you get a good commnand in all these subjects then no need to go for any coaching .

All the best

ashwak Array

Actually , the ECE canddiates can apply for the posts like,

~ ENGINEER
    ~ SCIENTIST in ISRO

ISRO - INDIAN SPACE RESEARCH ORGANISAITON

** To apply for the POSTS , you need to Give an Entranc exam

see , to apply for the entrance exam , you should have a minimum of 65% in B.tech
    For SC Or ST candidates , they should have a minimum of 60% in B.tech

The Selection process involves 2 steps

~ Entrance exam
    ~ Interview

~~~ As you are from ECE stream , You should be well prepared in all these subjects

* pulse digital circuits
    * Digital electronica
    * Digital signal communication
    * Electronic devices and circuits
    * PTSP
    * SS
    * Control systems

all the best . .

popeye Array

isro l.jpeg

ISRO is a reputed government institution which provides immense job opportunities for the engineering graduates. To become a scientist in ISRO, you have to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the organization.

Many engineers are recruited by this organisation from various fields like

- Computer Science
    - Electrical
    - Electronics and Communication
    - Instrumentation
    - Control,

You need to score at least 65% of marks in the graduation level. You also need to secure the graduation from an institute which is recognized. The basis of selection for a job in ISRO is mainly through the written examination.

Your age limit for appearing the exam is maximum of 35 with age relaxation as per the government norms.

The notifications regarding the various vacancies in ISRO will be published in the official website. You can also get information regarding the job vacancies from job portals and employment dailies etc.

for more details please visit the official web site:

Unregistered

Is there any books that help to prepare for ISRO exam?

samrat2012 Array

Hi Aspirant,

ISRO stands for Indian Space Research Organization. It conducts the space program to explore the advance technique to bring the India in line of world countries.

ISRO appoints the several engineer and scientist from various field of engineering.

ECE is one of them and you can apply for ISRO entrance exam if you fulfill the criteria made by ISRO.

Criteria

You should be qualified with B. Tech or BE from any discipline University or its equivalent.

You should have minimum 65 % marks in your technical degree.

Your age should not be more than 35 years.

Age relaxation as per government norms

SC/ST + 5 years

OBC + 3 years

Exam procedure

Written exam( 80 question and 240 marks)

You will get 3 marks for each correct answer and loose 1 mark for wrong answer.

Time duration: 1.5 hours

How to apply

ISRO issues the notification on its official website.

www.isro.gov.in

You can download the application form from here.

Best of Lucků

Unregistered

i finished my engineering in IT this year....I wish to join ISRO but my discipline bothers me...can IT candidates apply for job ??? pls help and what are the post are available for my kind of people?????

Unregistered

what i am want to do to get a job in ISRO as i am doing final year mechanical? for that what are the areas i want to prepare? pls help me by providing answers...

Unregistered

sir i m persuing b.tech in aeronautical engineering and i want to become a scientist so that i can do invention for our country so please tell me can i apply?

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    You are eligible for ISRO Junior Scientist/Engineer Post No additional qualification required.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR ISRO SC POST
    * Candidate must have to pass B.E/B.TECH in ECE or Mechanical from any recognizing University.
    * Candidate must have to score 65% in B.E/B.Tech.
    * Age limit must be within 21-32 year.
    * Candidate must be a citizen of India.
    SELECTION PROCEDURE
    * Candidate are short listed according to there academic qualification.
    * Shortlisted candidates are eligible for written test.
    * Successful candidates are eligible for Technical Interview.
    Application Form
    Candidate have to apply online in the website
    www.isro.org owithin the date 8/2/2013 to 28/2/2013
    Date of Written Test will be 25/4/2013.
    All the best.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?