richa1717 Array

Eligibilty for the post of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in college?

Dear sir/ ma'amI have done M.Phil(CS), M.Sc(IT), and now pursuing Ph.d(CS)( thesis under preparation). I have 6+ yrs experience in teaching as an Adhoc Lecturer in colleges. So please tell me m i eligible for the post of Assistant professor or not.

arpita_31 Array

Re: Eligibilty for the post of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in college?

Hello,
    As per UGC norms you are eligible, You can go for NET exam and after clearing that, nobody can stop you to become associate professor and after completing your P.Hd, you are eligible for professor grade with 8-10 years of experience.

Atleast not adhoc lecturer.

Write now you can become senior lecturer.

All the best.
    Arpita

Raj@08 Array

Re: Eligibilty for the post of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in college?

Hello,
    With having required qualification you must be Assistant professor and after 3-4 years of experience and given NET also you can be at the next level of Associate Professor and then after completing your P.HD. you can become professor having almost 10+ years of experience.
    So rite now you can check the UGC norms and claim for that. Ask your employer to atleast remove Adhoc lecturer form your profile...

All the best
    Raj@08

Unregistered

IS BE/B.TECH ENOUGH FOR BECOMEING AN ASSISTANT PROFESSOR?

Unregistered

is there any age bar for the recruitment of assistant/associate professor as per aicte rule

Unregistered

hello sir /mam,
    This is ARIVUMANI JENIFER.S. i qualified MCA & M.tech(CSE) both 1st class. am i eligible for as assistent professor in dept of COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING / INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY. Please reply me in jenifer2288@gmail.com

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,
    For Assistant Professor Post Eligiblity criteria is Must complete PG degree.If you complete Post Graduate then you can joined as a Assistant professor in Any colleges.
    You complete M.tech.So you eligible to working in all private engineering colleges.I you want to get job in Government engineering colleges you must write the Entrance Exam.For Example in Tamilnadu you must appear for the TRB examination for getting job in Government collges.
    If you complete Ph.D which is additional qualification for getting job.You can get promotion with Ph.D degree.

ALL THE BEST

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->>>> The Eligibility for the Post of assistant Professor or Associate Professor In Colleges are :--

>> In Indian System, there are two ways to get in for the Post of Assistant Professor.

-- One through Direct Selection by a University or College (Government or Private), and

-- The second through competitive selection by a centralized commission.

>> The commission's selection is based on scores for MA/MSc, National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by University Grants Commission (India) and the Public Service Commission interviews.

-->> The Candidate must score at least 55% of marks.

-->> The Candidate should hold a Ph.D degree or an equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter grades O,A,B,C,D,E & F at the master degree Level in the relevant subject from an Indian University or an equivalent degree from a foreign university.

-->> The Candidates should have qualified the national Eligibility Test NET for lecturers conducted by the UGC/CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC....

>> If you have a Valid and Qualified Score in NET or any other entrance test for the Professor Post, then you can apply for any of the College either it is Private or Government.

>> Just Wait for the Notifications of applications of the respective Institution, as soon as they release you apply for them.

>> If your Qualifications Satisfy the Institution, then you are called to by the Institution for a Demo Class.

>> Depending on your Performance in the Demo Class which will be around 45mins to 1hour, you will be appointed to work with the Institution.

>> At present a post-graduate can teach as assistant professor, but tenured positions are available only if one has cleared the eligibility test (NET)....

.......GOOD LUCK.........

Unregistered

eligibility for assistant professor in engineering colleges according to AICTE norms?
    sir i completed B.tech(E.E.E) with second class and M.tech (digital systems & computer electronics) in E.C.E department .now i eligible for assistant professor electrical& electronics department according to AICTE norms please give me reply.

aalarif Array

yes,sir you are eligible for doing Assistant Professor Job in any engineering colleges.because you satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria-

1) the candidate who have a B.Tech/M.Tech degree in any discipline with First Class result from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the post.

2) the candidate who have a post graduate degree in any engineering subjects with First class are also eligible to apply.
    3) the candidate having Ph.d degree with 2-3 years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply .

hope it answers your question.

Unregistered

if there is any back log in any semester during the completion of b.tech. but the student is having 65% aggregate of all the 8 semesters then student will eligible for becoming a assistant/associte professor in any government engineering colleges?

chandu22 Array

Good thinking to do job on assisant professor or associate professor

first the main to qualify in b.tech with minimum 70% of the total course
    which u r studyied

second u can do m.tech in core branch which u r intersted to job in the field

m.tech with 70% minimum it is required to do job in college

their should no back log in semesters

after m.tech u can write centeral governmet and state government exams

best of luck

raoresult Array

hi friend ,

yes sir ,you are fully eligible for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR as you have completed your post graduation ,but you need to give NET (national eligibility test ) under UGC .
    after passing this exam you can be taken on the post of assistant professor and after completing your p.hd. and having experience of 8-10 years you can become senior professor .

ALL THE BEST

THANKS

Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

i have done diploma in Electronics and communications from nirma university ahmedabad gujarat in 2006 with 7.38/10 CPI
    and B.E in Electronics and communications from HNGU north gujarat university with 64.23%
    and M.Tech in Networking and communicaton from gujarat university with 60.77% ........
    Q;... am i eligible for assistant professor for Electronics and communications department. for degree/diploma engineering college. in gujarat and in india??????

Rgds,
    deep singal

Unregistered

Dear Sir/Madam,

i have done diploma in Electronics and communications from nirma university ahmedabad gujarat in 2006 with 7.38/10 CPI
    and B.E in Electronics and communications from HNGU north gujarat university with 64.23%
    and M.Tech in Networking and communicaton from gujarat university with 60.77% ........
    Q;... am i eligible for assistant professor for Electronics and communications department. for degree/diploma engineering college. in gujarat and in india??????

Rgds,
    deep singal

Unregistered

Sir I have complete my M.A in Economics from Delhi University with 50% Marks..Please tell me i am eligible for the Assistant Professor job or not. If i am eligible for this post then please tell me how i am apply in Colleges and University\'s On other hand if i am not eligible for this post then tell me what i do for get this post.........please reply on my ID: Akiigola100@gmail.com.
    Thank you.

Unregistered

I have completed M.com with 53.5%, can i eligible to be Asst professor??????????/

Unregistered

Dear friend,As per UGC norms you are eligible, You can go for NET examand after clearing that, nobody can stop you to become associate professor and after completing your P.Hd, you are eligible for professor grade with 8-10 years of experience.
    Atleast not adhoc lecturer.

RIYA19 Array

Quote Originally Posted by richa1717 View Post
    Dear sir/ ma'amI have done M.Phil(CS), M.Sc(IT), and now pursuing Ph.d(CS)( thesis under preparation). I have 6+ yrs experience in teaching as an Adhoc Lecturer in colleges. So please tell me m i eligible for the post of Assistant professor or not.
    Hi Friends...
    Yes friend you are eligible for the post of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in college.Inspite of this I give you some criteria for this:

1) the candidate who have a B.Tech/M.Tech degree in any discipline with First Class result from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the post.

2) the candidate who have a post graduate degree in any engineering subjects with First class are also eligible to apply.

3) the candidate having Ph.d degree with 2-3 years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply .

THANKING YOU...
    BEST OF LUCK
    REGARDS FROM RIYA19

m.khushhal Array

Dear Aspirant..

Yes. You are eligible to apply for the Post of Professor and Associate Professor in College, As you told in your

Question you are persuing P.Hd. and you also have a good teaching Experiance. So it will be benificial for you

to have a attention for the job as a professor. You need to have minimum 65% percent in Graduation and 70%

in post graduation. Then only you will be elegible to apply for the post of Professor oer Associate professor.

Eligibility And Pay Scale for the Post of Professor:-

Luckyman Array

hello friend,

-->In order to become an Associate professor in any recognized university,one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria :-

• You Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.
    • You must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.
    • You must have qualified National Eligibility Test(NET) for Lectureship conducted by University Grants Commission(UGC) every year.
    • The NET Test for Lectureship is conducted in the month of June and December every year..
    -->Eligibility Criteria for Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges in India :-
    • You must have done exceptionally well in the Bachelors degree as well as Masters level in relevant discipline..
    • You Must hold a minimum of 3 years of experience as Assistant professor in a recognized university or college.
    • You must hold a PhD degree in the relevant discipline....

randhirk.rk Array

@akiigola100--- Just by completing MA economics you are not eligible for the position of assistant professor in universities or colleges.
    Min eligiblity criteria for assistant professor is NET qualified or Phd in universities.

To become a professor you need to qualify the NET/Set exam in your post graduation subject.
    Min educational qualifications for NET exam is 55% marks in post graduation subject and 50 % marks for SC/ST candidates
    since you have scored 50% marks in PG you are not eligible to sit in UGC NET exam

randhirk.rk Array

You have just completed M.com with 53.55 marks and you have not mentioned if you have any experience in teaching.
    Min eligibilty criteria to apply for asst professor post in universities and colleges is UGC NET qualified in your post graduation subject or should have done Phd.
    so just by doing m.com you are not eligible for asst profesor post

To give the UGC NET exam min educational qualifications required is 55% in your post graduation subject .there is no agelimit to sit in this exam.

randhirk.rk Array

Once you complete your Phd you will be 100% eligible for the post of assistant professor in universities or colleges.
    you already have 6 years experience in teaching field which is aplus for you and you already have done m.phil and m.sc it.
    surely sir after Phd you will easily get job as asst professor or associate professor

Unregistered

hi friends,

I have 7 years of experience in software industry. now i am trying for teaching field jobs. I have completed my btech and ms from bits pilani offline course. tomorrow there are interviews in mallareddy engineering college, kompally. earlier they said that mtech with first class pass should be there. i have attained 5.88 CGPA its II division. if i have got 7 CGPA it would have got it as first division. is it compulsary to be securing first division in mtech. so now how should i proceed. what is my question is according to aicte norms candidate should possess first division in mtech?

any body who are searching for the same kind can post any openings to sivajyothi82@rediffmail.com. any help is welcome. anyone from hyderabad here.

Regards

siva

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

when you completed the graduation degree you can eligibility to the assistant professor ,it is in some college's accepting ,now -a -days the college is asking the m.tech ,if you are having the m.tech you can get the assistant professor job in any college essayily

to get the associate professor ,it depends on you on the based of the experience you can become an associate professor in any college

minimum to become an associate professor you want minimum 3-5 years experience ,if you having the xperience you can get job essay

hope it is use full to u

good luck

Unregistered

Hello i am usha i have done MSc math can i am eligible for assistant professor in college

shars Array

hai,

according to the new norms of aicte,eligibility for the post of assistant professor in the colleges is changed.

@you have to qualify ugc net exam to be appear as assistant professor in colleges.

eligibility for the net exam is:

#post graduation candidates can apply for the exam from a recognized university.

#last sem students appearing for the exam also eligible to appear for the exam.

#after qualifying net exam you can join as a lecturer in any engineering colleges as assistant professor.

#another advantage is you can eligible for jrf for research work as assistant professor

so you can apply for the ugcnet exam.

Unregistered

sir i am complete b.e in g.t.
    u and i become a assitant proffesor in diploma college and degree college . give me advise for this what do for this

sandeepsaini.saini522 Array

hi,yes sir ,you are fully eligible for the post of ASSISTANT PROFESSOR as you have completed your post graduation ,but you need to give NET (national eligibility test ) under UGC .after passing this exam you can be taken on the post of assistant professor and after completing your p.hd. and having experience of 8-10 years you can become senior professor .ALL THE BESTTHANKS

Unregistered

sir i have completed b.tech from MGR university which is affiliated by UGC as well as AICTE. now i am doing M.tech from the university which i approved by UGC but college is not affiliated by AICTE.so after completing my master degree..am i eligible to work in government sector or to be a professor in any government engineering college.or am i eligible to give NET (national eligibility test) exam. please help me regarding this..one more question...will there be any problem that i am pursuing my master degree from the university which is approved by UGC but not by AICTE to enter in any government jobs...???please Help me..i shall be highly thankful...

Unregistered

I\'m going to be retired from the post of principal in a teacher training college in jan14.Am i eligible to apply for the regular job of associate professor in university,if not then any scope to work as visiting faculty ?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?