Unregistered

Eligibility for working as a Assistant Professor in engineering college as per AICTE norms?

Dear Sir, my qualification is M.Sc M.Phil.,(physics) ,M.tech..and five years experience in teaching faculty., is it possible to work as asst professor in engineering colleges.. please tell AICTE norms for this?

aalarif Array

Re: Eligibility for working as a Assistant Professor in engineering college as per AICTE norms?

yes,sir you are eligible for doing Assistant Professor Job in any engineering colleges.because you satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria by having M.Sc M.Phil and M.Tech and 5 years of teaching experience,,here are the eligibility criterias-

1) the candidate who have a B.Tech/M.Tech degree in any discipline with First Class result from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the post.

2) the candidate who have a post graduate degree in any engineering subjects with First class are also eligible to apply.
    3) the candidate having Ph.d degree with 2-3 years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply .

hope it answers your question.

Unregistered

Re: Eligibility for working as a Assistant Professor in engineering college as per AICTE norms?

Hi Sir,
    I hv Completed B.tech (e.e.e) second class and M.Tech (digital systems & computer electronics )first class in ece department , however I want to know the eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor in Electrical and electronics Engineering , According to AICTE norms. please suggest me where i can apply for the post of Assistant professor

Unregistered

i completed by B.E(ECE) in distance education whether i can became lecturer

Unregistered

Sir
    I have passed M.Tech Applied Electronics scoring 75% after passing M.Sc Electronics (scoring 74%) from M.G.University, Kerala. Please let me know whether I satisfy the eligibility norms to apply for the post of Lecturer/ Asst Professor in Engineering colleges.

Unregistered

i have passed m.sc with 1st class. please let me know whether i satisfy the eligibility norms to apply for the post of assistant professor in engineering colleges.

Unregistered

i am B.E.MECHANICAL ENGG .can i teach as assistant professor on engineering college???

SKY.BHALODI Array

Yes you are eligible for the assistant professor because you fulfill the eligibility criteria provided by the AICTE .
    The criteria for the Assistant professor is below :
    -> one have to complete their M.E. / M.Tech from any recognized university .
    -> one have minimum 3-4 years experience .

As you mentioned you done your M.Tech , moreover having 5 years experience so that you are eligible for the Assistant Professor job .

You have to clear the written test and then interview for selecting for the job .

For more info visit the site www.aicte.in

good luck

arpita_31 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear Sir, my qualification is M.Sc M.Phil.,(physics) ,M.tech..and five years experience in teaching faculty., is it possible to work as asst professor in engineering colleges.. please tell AICTE norms for this?
    Hello,
    You have enough degrees in your kitty with good experience, if you would have also cleared NET in your field and enrolled yourself for Ph.D. then after +2 more years of experience you will become AP and then working for more 3+ years and having published research papers and writing 1 or 2 books, you will surely become Professor and then with more experience in the field you will qualify to become research guide...

All the best
    arpita_31

arpita_31 Array

i am B.E.MECHANICAL ENGG .can i teach as assistant professor on engineering college???
    Hello,
    No, You cant, you must have masters degree with NET qualified and an experience of minimum 6-8 years to become AP, and sometimes it also depends on college to college..
    Right now you can join as research associate and complete your studies with adding teaching experience in your CV...

All the best
    arpita_31

arpita_31 Array

Sir
    I have passed M.Tech Applied Electronics scoring 75% after passing M.Sc Electronics (scoring 74%) from M.G.University, Kerala. Please let me know whether I satisfy the eligibility norms to apply for the post of Lecturer/ Asst Professor in Engineering colleges.
    Hello,
    First of all congrats for scoring so good,

Yes, surely you can apply for the post of lecturer and with few years of experience you will become AP, and during that time clear NET and enrol for Phd.

Do some research work also..

All the best, Surely you are going to have bright future, and going to prove best mentor for the students.

Arpita_31

arpita_31 Array

i completed by B.E(ECE) in distance education whether i can became lecturer
    Hello,
    Chances are less, But as many new colleges are coming up in the market you may get into and if so, I suggest you to go for M.Tech and then NET and Then Ph.D if want to make your career in teaching industry else competition will make you to go at the back seat or may force you to change your field..
    So work hard and gain maximum knowledge as you are among the one who are going to build the generations of tomorrow.

All the best for your future
    arpita_31

Unregistered

i have completed BE Mech and have worked as a lecturer for one year and have 5 years of industrial experience and did MS in software engineering ....am i eligible for professor in engineering college?

Unregistered

sir i cmpleted my btech with 58% and mtech with 81% am i eligible for assistant prof in engineering colleges

Unregistered

sir, my qualification is M.Sc, M.Phil(Physics) and pursuing Ph.D in physics. i have a 4 years teaching experience. but i have passed M.Sc with 59% and M.Phil with first class. Can i elegible for assistant professor in engineering colleges? if no, then what is the solution for me for become an assistant professor in engineering colleges?

niceday Array

Yes it is possible for you to work as an assistant professopr at an engineering college in the country. To be an assistant professor you are required to fulfil the following requirements:

~Good academic record with atleast 55% marks in M.E/M.Tech from any recognized university or equivalent degree from a foreign university.
    ~You should have passed the National Eligibility Test(NET) conducted by the UGC,CSIR.
    ~You should have had atleast 5 years of teching experience at a professional institution.

Unregistered

Sir, I have completed B-tech Biomedical engineering and can i apply for M-tech in Applied electronics in kerala...

Unregistered

I am having 8years industry experience with first class BE (electrical engg) degree , Can I eligible for asst.professor in a engineering college?

Unregistered

sir,
    i have completed my m.sc(computer science)with first class and also completed my M.Tech(CSE) with first class am i eligible to teach for B.tech students as an assistant professor?

Unregistered

sir ,
    I have completed my M.Sc(computer science) with first class and also my M.Tech(CSE)with first class am i eligible to teach fro B.Tech students as Asst.Prof?

srinivas933 Array

Hai,Yes, you are eligible for the assistant professor because youfulfill the eligibility criteria provided by the AICTE .The criteria for the Assistant professor is below :-> one have to complete their M.E. / M.Tech from any recognized university .-> one have minimum 3-4 years experience .As you mentioned you done your M.Tech , moreover having 5years experience so that you areeligible for the Assistant Professor job .You have to clear the written test and then interview for selecting for the job.See more information details check visit : www.aicte.inGOOD LUCK.

srinivas933 Array

Hai,Yes, you are eligible for the assistant professor because youfulfill the eligibility criteria provided by the AICTE .The criteria for the Assistant professor is below :-> one have to complete their M.E. / M.Tech from any recognized university .-> one have minimum 3-4 years experience .As you mentioned you done your M.Tech , moreover having 5years experience so that you areeligible for the Assistant Professor job .You have to clear the written test and then interview for selecting for the job .For more info visit the site www.aicte.inGOOD LUCK.

Unregistered

Dear Sir, my qualification is B.A,M.A, (HISTORY)B.A, M.A,(ENGLISH) M.Phil.,(ENGLISH) ,and SEVEN years experience in teaching faculty., is it possible to work as asst professor in engineering colleges.. please tell AICTE norms for this?

Unregistered

hello Sir/Madam,

Am Shwetha and I have done BE in Information Science (VTU) with 59% and completed M.Tech with 67% (VTU). am i eligible to work as a lecturer in any enggineering college under vtu? Please guide me in this regard. Is it necessary to have 60% in BE also? I have 67% only in M.Tech. Am I eligible to apply for lecturer post. Please respond to my query.

Thankyou in advance

Regards
    Shwetha

sai5a3 Array

hai friend

the eligibility for Assistant Professor job in engineering colleges is given below

-> you must complete ur M.tech/B,tech from any recognised university

-> some colleges ask for P.hd also

->if u have an experience of 2-5 years then also u can become a Assistanat professor...

All the Best

srinivas933 Array

Hai,Yes, you are eligible for doing Assistant Professor Job in any engineering colleges.because you satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria by having M.Sc M.Phil and M.Tech and 5 years of teaching experience,,here are the eligibility criterias-1) the candidate who have a B.Tech/M.Tech degree in any discipline with First Class result from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the post.2) the candidate who have a post graduate degree in any engineering subjects with First class are also eligible to apply.3) the candidate having Ph.d degree with 2-3 years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply.Good luck.

Sadaf yasmin Array

Hello,To join in an engineering college as assistant professor, you have to posses M.E or M.Tech degree and you should have 5 years of teaching experience in an engineering college or research experience or industrial experience OR and Ph.D degree in the relevant field of Engineering.

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend.,

-->> Yes.,Definitely you are Eligible for the Assistant Professor in Engineering colleges.,

>> You have done Master Degree.,And you have 5 years experience in teaching field.,

>> If you want Assistant Professor post in Government Engineering colleges you must give the National Eligibility Test (NET)..,

>> For more details you can go through the website :-- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

http://www.aicte-india.org/

...........GOOD LUCK............

Unregistered

I have completed BE CS&E and having 10 years of IT industry experince. I am planning to move in education field and wish to work as a professor. I ahve taken admission for ME Computer.
    How much salary I can expect on this base? Will I be treated as fresher(Lecturer) or I can apply for HOD or HOD In-Charge position? Please suggest me.

Unregistered

sir , i\'m M.Sc.Computer with first class,with 4 yrs teaching exp. is is sufficiant for engg.college asst.lect.

Unregistered

I have completed M.Sc (Physics) in DDE, with 60% and having M.phil with teaching experience in Engg. college 5 years. Shall I elligible for Asst. Prof.?

Unregistered

sir i am an M.A in English with 50% and M.Phil with 55% am i eligible to work in engineering college in Tamilnadu

Unregistered

sir i am an M.A in English with 63% and M.Phil with 66% am i eligible to work in engineering college in Tamilnadu

er.animesh6 Array

Hello sir,
    The minimun accademic criteria for Assitant Professor of AICTE Afiliate college is
    M.TECH and one year experience(Optional)
    You qualification is M.SC,M.Phil(physics), M.TECH with 5 years of experience.
    You are surely eligible for interview of Assitant Prof. of AICTE Afiliated Engineering colleges.
    Best of luck.

Unregistered

I have completed BE in computer with first class can i apply to BCA or MCA college as assistant professor

Unregistered

I completed my M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Electronics from Shivaji University. Whether I am eligible for the post of Ass. Prof. in Engineering/technical institute?

Unregistered

hi I completed my B.E (ECE) in 2010.I am having 2 years IT experience.Am i eligible for lecturer

Unregistered

I completed my B.E(ECE) and M.Tech(Network Engg) .Am i eligible for the post of asst.professor in ECE department

randhirk.rk Array

hi I completed my B.E (ECE) in 2010.I am having 2 years IT experience.Am i eligible for lecturer

AS per the AICTE guidelines min eligibilty to become an Asst Professors in Engineering and Technology subjects in Colleges are:

The candidate should have complated BE/BTECH

AND

The candidate should have completed ME/Mtech

No min experience is required at the time of application , if you have the above qualifications.

Since you have only completed your Btech, you cannot apply for Asst Professors Jobs.

If Interested in Teaching line, than i would suggest that you should do MTECH
    GATE 2013 forms are vaiaolble right now.
    Last date to apply to GATE 2013 is 30th Sep 2012
    GATE exams will be held on 20th Jan 2013

Give GATE and try to get good score and than you can take admission in Mtech

Unregistered

hello sir... my qualifications are B.Tech in Instrumentations & Controls engg and M.Tech also in the same (I & C E)... I want to know whether I am eligible for the post of assistant professor in Electricals dept as per AICTE Norms/Regulations?

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

aicte stands for the all indian council of technical education

as per the aicte norms to get the job as the assistant professor

you want to complete the post -graduation

the candidate should complete the b.tech/m.tech

if you complete the post -graduation means ,their is no experience's required

if did not complete the post graduation means you can apply to any engineering colleges

but some college can give the job as the assistant professor

so you can complete the m.tech as possible earily

hope this information helps you

good luck

megh@ Array

Hey Friend,
    AICTE stands for All India Council for Technical Education. The engineering colleges should have a recognition from AICTE.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR:

>>The candidates should have a PhD degree with first class degree at Bachelor/Master degree in any appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.
    OR
    >>The candidates should have first class Master degree in any appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.This candidates are required to obtain P.hD degree with 7 years from the date of appointment.

>>The candidates should have a experience of 3-4 years in Teaching/Industry/Research sector.

Here i have attached the detail you can check.
    Attached Files

varuni Array

This is a very informative thread.

I have 10 years of experience in VLSI industry. However I have only a B.E degree. I want to enter a good university and contribute in teaching genuinely. What are my options?
    Is M.E/MTECH a must?

Thanks, Varun

Unregistered

i have completed my b.tech in mechanical and m.tech in metallurgy and material engineering from nit, can i eligible for assistant professor in mechanical branch?

Unregistered

Sir i have completed my MCA degree Can i work in Colleges ???

Unregistered

i ve completed BE (copmputer science) with first class and MTECH (cs) from KSOU .am i eligible for the post of lecturerer in engg college

Unregistered

Sir I am pursuing M tech from SVSU deemed university meerut,UP. affiliated to UGC only, whether I would be elligible for teaching field in engg colleges in Maharashtra.....

Unregistered

Whether m tech from deemed uni is valid for teaching

Unregistered

sir, i have completed my B-Tech in computer science and engineering with 71% can i apply for assistant professor in engineering college..

Varam Array

Yes, you are eligible to work as a Assistant Professor in engineering colleges.

The eligibility required to apply for Assistant Professor is B.Tech/M.Tech with first class or both B.Tech and M.tech with first class.

As you have your M.Tech degree and also experience of 5 years, you are surely eligible for Assistant Professor post.

You can apply for it, and also try to do your Ph.D in your respective Specialization, so that it will be an added asset to your profile to increase your opportunities.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Any Question?