Unregistered

Eligibility, scope , qualification, ability and entrance exam for 12th (non-medical) girl for joining Merchant Navy?

I am in 11th class in science stream {non med.}after 12 i want to join merchant navy so that's why i want to ask u few question related to merchant navy 1) as a girl can i join merchant navy ?2)is in there any scope for girls ?3)qualifications4)ability 5)entrance exam for merchant navy after 12th

akhilesh beri Array

Re: Eligibility, scope , qualification, ability and entrance exam for 12th (non-medical) girl for joining Merchant Navy?

yes
    all our forces have a good reputation , u'll get a chance to do something better for ur country
    i'll say best of luck
    to step out and think of it , and do what u want

kajal kumari Array

Re: Eligibility, scope , qualification, ability and entrance exam for 12th (non-medical) girl for joining Merchant Navy?

i hope its not for girls if they wants to join they need to first complete their graduation............

KamatchiDeviK Array

I am in 11th class in science stream {non med.}after 12 i want to join merchant navy so that's why i want to ask u few question related to merchant navy 1) as a girl can i join merchant navy ?2)is in there any scope for girls ?3)qualifications4)ability 5)entrance exam for merchant navy after 12th

Hi,
    As a girl you can join merchant navy.
    Really there are many scope nowadays for girls.Girls are topmost wanted in all fields now.

You basically have two options available to join the Merchant Navy stream. The first is to join after your 12th standard. For this you must have pursued Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics during your 12th standard. There is a minimum age requirement of 18 years for the same. You will need to appear for the various entrance exams like IGNOU, IIT- JEE etc. On clearing this exam you will need to undergo Pre sea training. On completion of the course you will be eligible to join as a deck cadet. The other option is join after you complete Marine engineering. You can also join after completing Mechanical engineering but you will need to undergo a training period for the same. You have the option to join either Indian companies or Foreign companies. Most of these companies have their offices in Mumbai, Calcutta.

All the best wishes for you friend.....!

Hasham Array

merchant navy is completely different from indian navy. its head quarters are present in foriign country.

as a girl u have very less chances for merchant navy and they may not even take for few poasts for girls.

as u have to travel months to gether in ship it s not suitable for girls...

better u join indian nnavy. as it is the best and provides security too and good scope to work with..

all the best

King Array

Hello Dear,
    All India Merchant Navy Entrance test for admission in
    1. B.Sc Nautical Science
    2. B.Tech Naval Architecture
    3. G.P. Ratings
    4. Diploma of Applied Science (deck watch keeper) by AMSA
    5. B.Tech Marine
    6. MBA (Shipping and Logistics Management)Tolani Maritime Institute (TMI)
    Some of the good colleges for Indian Navy are as follows...
    Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai
    International Maritime Institute (IMI)
    Vels Academy of Maritime Studies
    Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET)
    Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET)
    Sallary:-The salary packages normally ranges between Rs.15000/- to Rs.20000/- per month for a starter in this field.Foreign countries offer them very good salary packages in the range of Rs.60000/- to Rs.100000/- per month to begin with.
    You may get some problem in your medical exam because they reject all those cadet who having bad eye sight.You have to maintain the good eyesight 6/6 with out visual aid and not color blind for navigating officer cadet. Not color blind.visual aid with limitations up to 6/9 for marine engineering officer cadet.
    different company have different dates there is no fix dates so you can put your resume on different sites then they will call you.
    So plan and prepare accordingly.Hope this will help you.
    GOOD LUCK.

irasharma Array

yes of course, girls are eligibleto join Merchant Navy, for this ,you have to appear and qualify UPSC exam.the criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is minimum graduation with 55% marks.Age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year) those belonging to the SC/ST have this rule relaxed by 5 yrs.

You can apply for the following posts-

Deck Cadets
    Navigating Officers
    some courses girls are equally eligible are-

1) Pre Sea GP Rating,
    2) Marine Catering
    3) Diploma in Nautical Science
    4) B.Sc Nautical Science.

Regarding enterance exams for merchant navy you can visit following website-
    Website URL: http://www.merchantnavy.info

subodh1014 Array

their is a scope everywhere in the jobs for girls but the main proble is that the merchant navy job is full of adventure and journey so it is not possible for a girl to join this even though a small amount of vacancies for girls also but to join merchant navy you have to first clear different entrance exams like IIT-JEE,IGNOU entrance exams for merchant navy then after your course will start..
    all the best....

bipin Array

Merchant Navy is a non-combatant commercial fleet,which deals with the:
    -Transporting cargo
    -And Transporting passengers by sea.
    90% of the world’s cargo is transported through ships and shipping is by far the cheapest and cleanest mode of transportation of goods.

In Merchant navy field you have two streams:
    Marine
    Nautical

Eligibility:

Both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible. You should not be more than 20 years.
    If you are SC/ST you have a relaxation of age by 5 years.

Qualifications:

You should be a 12th pass or equivalent from a recognized board.
    Subjects should be mathematics and physics.

RajveerSingh Array

You basically have two options available to join the Merchant Navy in the stream. After the first class is 12. For you during 12th grade chemistry, physics and mathematics should pursue. That requires a minimum age of 18. This test you will need to undergo pre-sea training on clearing IGNOU, IIT - JEE entrance test etc. will be required to appear. Join other option after the completion of marine engineering. You can include the completion of the mechanical engineering, but for the same period will be required to undergo training. You either have the option of joining the Indian companies or foreign companies. Rs.40000 / - in Mumbai, most of these companies have their offices, Calcutta.The pay packages typically 25,000 / ranges between countries in the field.Foreign limit per month for a starter, they offer very good compensation package rs.40000 / - Rs.100000 / - per month to start with.
    9/6 Marine Engineering Officer Cadet with the limitations blind.visual color support.

Accordingly.Hope prepare the plan and a non-combatant commercial fleet will help the you.Merchant Navy, which deals with:
    Cargo Transport
    And passengers by sea transport.
    90% of world cargo is transported via ships and shipping of goods by far the cheapest and cleanest mode of transportation.
    Merchant Navy in two streams:
    Marine
    Eligibility:
    Both unmarried male and female candidates are eligible. You should not be more than 20 years.
    If you are SC / ST is a discount of 5 years old.
    12th or equivalent from a recognized Board must have.
    Mathematics and physics should be.

Unregistered

Sir my bro 12th pass from k v s
    with arts
    now he doing his B.A
    how hi join marchant navy
    in which post
    hi is phy fit he is sportsman
    he is 24 year old

rajashekhar Array

yes you can join in merchant navy.after completing +2 you can join merchant navy
    age limit to join in merchant navy is 18 years
    all the best

harry Array

sry to say u r not eligible for merchant navy bcoz there is no entry for girls..
    the eligibility for merchant navy is
    1.qualification:degree
    2.age :above 21
    3.must be male person
    first they conduct written exam after that physical test and then training is give in respected area ...

Rahulnewyon Array

Yes .
    Why not? I will suggest u2 join merchant navy after completing ur graduation upto 60%.
    And then cac easily join merchant navy on a good reputed post with a good package.
    U know that in bsf there is no 4 girl in last few year.
    But now girls r joining with much more.
    U can do it keep it up.
    Good luck.

subham21 Array

Dear friend,

merchant nevy is really very top & completly different from indian nevy.
    Most of the time a merchant nevy has to be in ship & for a girl it is very diffcult to maintain in that situation.
    A girl has some responsibility & she has to fulfil for her family.there are very few rare post in merchant nevy for girls.
    So in my opinion try to go for indian army rather than marchant nevy as it better suits for a girl.

So choose the best opition which u like the most.......

venkateshwar Array

Hi,
    As a girl you can join merchant navy.
    Really there are many scope nowadays for girls.Girls are topmost wanted in all fields now.

You basically have two options available to join the Merchant Navy stream. The first is to join after your 12th standard. For this you must have pursued Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics during your 12th standard. There is a minimum age requirement of 18 years for the same. You will need to appear for the various entrance exams like IGNOU, IIT- JEE etc. On clearing this exam you will need to undergo Pre sea training. On completion of the course you will be eligible to join as a deck cadet. The other option is join after you complete Marine engineering. You can also join after completing Mechanical engineering but you will need to undergo a training period for the same. You have the option to join either Indian companies or Foreign companies. Most of these companies have their offices in Mumbai, Calcutta.

All the best wishes for you friend.....!

deep3079 Array

Hallo friend; You are appearing in 12th standard in commerce stream with maths paper. You want to know if you are eligible for applying Merchant Navy. Yes, I will say in details about the eligibility and exams for merchant navy: You have to qualify for UPSC Exam to join Merchant Navy. i.Eligibility Criteria: Must have at least 55% marks after completing Graduation. However, the SC/ST/OBC obtains a relaxation up to 50%. Age limits between 21 to 29 years. As a commerce student, you can join in the post of Logistic Officer(L.O.), Navigating Officer(N.A.) & Deck Charade in working field. So, Best of Luck.... With regards from deep3079.........

Unregistered

if i go for the training of one year after completing my btech mechanical, will i get a good job?send the best colleges and fees structure details...?

Unregistered

I am 28 years old and graduate with Economics,is it possible to joined marchant navy now?

Unregistered

i am girl from commerce stream...want to join merchant navy..how could i join it..??

Unregistered

i am 23 years old girl and i completed my post graduation in zoology and i want to join merchant navy....is it possible

navjotsidhupamal Array

My dear friend!!

--->>To join Merchant Navy ,you have to first complete your 12th with any stream with more than 60% marks under recognized university or board.You can join any of the civil services after 12th.

--->>There are Three types of civil services:-
    (a)Indian Navy
    (b)Indian Air Force
    (c)Indian Military

--->>You have to give the NDA entrance exam to enter into the field of civil services.
    NDA stands for National Defense Academy and it is the entrance exam
    to join any of the civil services.If you want to join after 12th then
    NDA is good for it.And it has greater scope.

1316605455_254662392_5-Join-Merchant-Navy-with-Global-Pacific-Classes.jpg

--->>
    Eligibility criteria for NDA:

1.You must be an Indian.
    2.You should have completed your 12th with more than 60% marks.
    3.Girls are not eligible for NDA.
    4.Only unmarried males are eligible for NDA.
    5.Your age should lies between 16.5 to 19 years.
    6.Your eye sight should be correct i.e.6/6.

Thank u!!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?