ashishujjwal02 Array

Eligibility for NET-SET exam?

dear sir/mam i have completed MBA(finance) from SRM university this year do i eligible for NET-SET exam kindly tell me. Thank you

choco28 Array

Re: Eligibility for NET-SET exam?

dear friend,

The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals

ELIGIBILITY FOR UGC NET EXAM IS ;

Candidates must secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination

Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only

For Junior Research Fellowship
    age limit is 28 years
    above age limit will be relaxed in specific cases

FOR Lectureship
    There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility.

GATE EXAMINATION FEE :
    General Candidates Rs.450/-
    Other Backward Classes Rs.225/-
    SC/ST/PH/VH candidates Rs.110/-

popeye Array

Yes you are eligible to apply both NET and SET exam after completing your MBA in finance. Detail of both exam is given below please go through it.

net4.jpg

NET - National Eligibility Test.

For writing the exam the You must satisfy the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria :
    • You must have secured 55% marks in Master's degree.For SC/ST,PH,VH candidates must at least secure 50%.
    • There is no age limit to apply this exam.
    Pattern of the examination :

There will be written test consisting of 3 papers
    • Paper-I : It consist of 50 objective type questions of general nature to test reasoning ability, comprehension and divergent thinking of the candidate and of marks 100.
    • Paper-II : It consist of 50 objective type questions on the subject chosen by the candidate and of marks 100.
    • Paper-III : It consist of 4 section :
    1. Write a critique of a given passage.
    2. Fifteen questions will be asked on the syllabus of Paper-III(A).
    3. Questions will be asked on all major specializations / electives and the candidates will be asked to choose one specialization / elective and answer the five questions from it.
    4. Essay writing
    SET - State Eligibility Test.

This exam is conducted by the respected states.

Eligibility Criteria :
    You must a degree in Master's from a recognized university.

You must have secured at least 55% in Master's degree. For SC/ST,VH,PH candidates must have secured at least 50%.

Unregistered

SIr i have completed MBA(finance) from university of calicut. and I dont have B ed degree .do i eligible for SET exam .is there management subject in SET exam? kindly tell me. Thank you

kalyani bacchav Array

Hello Sir...

ELIGIBILITY FOR UGC NET EXAM IS ; -

1) The Student must secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination

2) FOR Lectureship
    There is no upper age limit for applying for lectureship eligibility.

3) The student are advised to appear in the subject of their Post Graduation only
    For Junior Research Fellowship

4) age limit is 28 years
    above age limit will be relaxed in specific cases

ALL THE BEST....

aron stone Array

hello friend,

Eligibility for NET :
    Candidates must have passed master's degree with more than 55% marks
    Age limit :
    There is no upper age limit for lectures.
    A candidate must not have more than 28 years for junior researchers and 5years relaxation for scheduled castes will be allowed.
    Exam fee :
    rs 450/- for general candidates
    rs 225/- for backward castes
    rs 110/- for sc/st
    The challan form for the exam should be downloaded from UGC website.
    all the best.................

Nathan Array

Quote Originally Posted by ashishujjwal02 View Post
    dear sir/mam i have completed MBA(finance) from SRM university this year do i eligible for NET-SET exam kindly tell me. Thank you

Yes,You are eligible for NET examination.To apply NET examination then you should complete the master degree in any discipline from recognized university.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and this Examination is conducted by University Grants Commission(UGC) and this examination held twice in a year.I you interest to become a lecturer then you should compulsory qualified in NET Examination.

Eligibility Criteria For NET:-

You should be complete the master degree in any discipline from recognized university and you should score minimum 55% percentage of marks in master degree and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidates and you get 55% below then your not eligible for NET examination and final year candidate also eligible for this examination but the candidate should be submit the completion certificate in the institution.And your age should not more than 28 years for (JRF) program.

Further Information Go here:-http://Ugc.ac.in

Akash Bacchav Array

Hi ,

NET stands for ( National Eligibility Criteria ) and this Examination is conducted by the UGC (University Grants Commission) . This Examination held twice in a year . If your Interested to become an Lecturer then you should compulsory qualified in NET Examination .

To apply For NET ( National Eligibility Test ) Examination You have to complete master degree any stream from recognied University . You should score Minimum 55% marks in Master degree and relaxation will be applicable for sc/st candidates .If you score 54.99 % percentage then your not eligible for NET Examination Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination , But the candidate require to Submit the Course Completion Certificate .

Your age should be not more more then 28 years for Junior Resaerch Felloship Program . If you belong from sc/st candidates then relaxation will applicable . There is no Upper age limit for Lectureship Program . Any age canddiate may eligible to apply for Lectureship Program .

The Examination Applicaton Fees Consist For . General Candidates for :- Rs . 450/- / SC/ST Candidates for :- Rs. 110/- , OBC and other Backward Candidates for :- Rs. 225/-

Subjects for NET Examination please Click Here :- http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/syllabus.html

All the best...!!!

Annubhai Array

friend,

The minimum educational qualification required for NET/SET is a masters degree with a minimum of 55% for candidates belonging to general category and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST.
    If you appear and qualify the SET, you will be eligible to be appointed as lecturer in a particular state whereas, if you qualify NET, you will be eligible to get appointed as lecturer in universities/colleges anywhere in India.
    For further information, you must refer to the official website of UGC.

All the best....!!!

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    You are `100% eligible for the NET / SET exam, you became eligible for it while you were pursuing your last semester of MBA.
    You can apply for UGC - NET in Managemnet (Code - 17).

You can also apply for lecturership cum JRF if your age is less than 28 (Gen)..
    You have missed two attempts Dec and June, Now wait for Dec - 2012 attempt, Form will come in the month of october.
    So do fill it up..
    You can fill up for SET as last date is 30th June (Rajasthan)...\

All the best
    Raj@08

aalarif Array

Yes sir ,you are eligible for the SET exam ,because you have satisfied the minimumeligibility criteria that is -

1) the candidate who have a undergraduate bachelors degree from recognizeduniversity with 55% marks are eligible to apply.
    2) the candidate who have done post graduate degree from recognized universitywith 50% marks are eligible to apply.
    so,sir,since you have a MBA degree you are clearly eligible for the SET exam.

randhirk.rk Array

YES You are eligible for the UGC NET Exam.
    Exams are held twice a year- june and Dec
    nOW EXAM WILL BE HELD IN DEC 2012 AND FORMS will be filled through online mode in Oct 2012.

Min qualifications required-Post graduation with min 555 marks
    now all 3 papers are held in objective mode with no negative marking

so you apply for dec net exam
    website-www.ugcnetonline.in

Ajaygupta123 Array

Dear aspirant[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif] NET SET exam is as follows:

- minimum 55% marks in post graduation 50% for SC/ST

You have to clear the entrance and then you will be eligible for lecturership in universities .

BEST OF LUCK...
    [/FONT]

Sadaf yasmin Array

Hello friend,The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for NET/SET exam is a masters degree with a minimumof 55% for general candidate and 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.Candidates who qualify SET are eligible to be appointed as lecturer in a particular state whereas, candidates who qualifyNET are eligible to be appointed as lecturer in universites/colleges anywhere inIndia.For further information, please visit the official website of UGC.

Unregistered

Sir/mam i am completed in m.sc org. chemistry but my one sub is Best of performance rule mins grace any one subject. my total persantage is 63.90% . any problem sir eligibility for set or net.

Unregistered

Sir/Mam Am I eligible for NET & SET exam if I have appeared for MA (TAMIL) Final year?

Unregistered

Sir, i am a Chartered Accountant but i have not completed my M com yet. So am i eligible for NET SET? I am planning to give the attempt of December from Maharashtra....Kindly suggest the date of application for December attempt...
    Regards,

Hansa Sachdeva Array

HELLO..

NET stands for National Eligibility Test..
    You must have completed post graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university,..
    NET exam is based on the national level..

SLET stands for State Level Eligibility Test..
    This is an exam on the basis of state level..
    The eligibility is the same as of NET exam, post graduation with minimum 55% marks from a recognized university..
    You can get jobs through the SLET exam in universities and colleges in the particular state.

GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

am doing m.com second year now. am i eligible to write net or slet exams.....? sir

Unregistered

am doing m.a second year now.my first year complate, so am i eligible to write net or set exams....!mam,sir.

tupsi Array

HI,

The candidate who have a undergraduate bachelors degree from recognized university with 55% marks are eligible to apply and the candidate who have done post graduate degree from recognized university with 50% marks are eligible to apply.

As you have done your master's degree, you can apply anyway.

Hope this was helpful!!!!!!
    Good Luck!!!!

archna21 Array

NET and SET Eligiblity Criteria

NET eligiblity criteria...

Age = If you write for JRF then age should come between 21 to 28 years and If you write the Lecturership exam then minimum age should be 21 years and no limit in upper age.

Qualification = Postgraduate degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
    For reserve category candidate marks criteria is different it should be minimum 50% marks.
    Final year pursuing candidate are eligible to write the exam.

* For net exam candidate can select only postgraduation subject.

SET eligiblity criteria...This is same as NET.

Age = Minimum age should be 21 years.No upper age limit for this exam.

Qualification = Postgraduate degree in any stream from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks.
    Those who are pursuing the final year exam of PostGraduation can also appear in this exam.
    For reserve category candidate marks criteria is different it should be minimum 50% marks.
    For net exam candidate can select only postgraduation subject.

Unregistered

i am deva .respected sir could you tell me exam subjct detail And abilty test subject detail and prefere tips in abilty test subject?

Unregistered

i have completed PGDM in mgmt 2 year regular course ,can i eligible for NET exam?it is 2 year diploma course n equivalent to mba,plz tell me i m eligible or not?

srini Array

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.

This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should have a citizen of india.

The candidate should complete the graduation from any recognized university.

One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in their PG course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.

AGE LIMIT:

There is no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.

But for JRF candidates the age limit between 19 to 28 years.

megh@ Array

Smile Re: Eligibility for NET-SET exam?

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test. The exam is conducted by University Grant Commission.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-
    • The candidates should have a master degree in any stream from a recognized university.
    • The general candidates must score 55% in the post-graduation level. For Sc/ST candidates marks is relaxed by 5%.
    • For Lectureship- There is no age limit.
    • For Junior Research Fellowship- The age should be below 28 years.
    EXAM PATTERN:

Since you have completed MBA(Master of Business Administration) you are eligible to apply for NET exam.

You can know more from http://www.ugc.ac.in

Here I have attached some of the previous year papers, please check.
    Attached Files

Unregistered

I am student of m.com.
    Diffrence between set and net exam?

harshit agrawal Array

My Dear..........

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.
    This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF) and also for eligibility into Lectureship.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA::
    >> The candidate should have a citizen of india.
    >> The candidate should complete the graduation from any recognized university.
    >> One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in their post graduation course
    in order to be eligible for this exam.
    >> Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.

AGE LIMIT::
    >> There is no upper age limit for the candidate lectureship.
    >> But for JRF candidates the age limit between 19 to 28 years.
    For More information please visit
    http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

Best Of luck........

Unregistered

dear sir/mam i have done mba in marketing in distance education after B.sc in hotel management .can i eligible for NET-SET. please answer me ....

Unregistered

Hi, I did my B.Tech-Mechanical in chennai. I\'m planning to do my masters degree in abroad. Do I be eligible for writing this exam after doing masters degree in abroad? And one more thing, \"Does the students completing masters degree under UGC affiliation is only eligible or every one is eligible\"?

Unregistered

[ in which sub. i can doning that the set exam and how can applying for thatQUOTE=tupsi;266345]HI,

The candidate who have a undergraduate bachelors degree from recognized university with 55% marks are eligible to apply and the candidate who have done post graduate degree from recognized university with 50% marks are eligible to apply.

As you have done your master's degree, you can apply anyway.

Hope this was helpful!!!!!!
    Good Luck!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Unregistered

i have compllited mba inmarketing so in which sub i can do net set exam

Unregistered

i have passed net june 2012 and am eligible for lectureship. but i want to try again for JRF. can i apply again? will i have to create a different account? and will my application affect my current status as a net-passed candidate? pl tell me as soon as possible, for i want to fill the form

Unregistered

dear madam .. i have completed M.B.A in distance education can i write net exams and exams for lecturer

Badshah Array

• NET refers to National eligibility test organised by University Grant commission (UGC).
    • This examination is conducted for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Lectureship Programme.
    • You must have the master degree in an stream from an recognised university.
    • You must have minimum 55% in the masters degree.
    • But if you are from an reserved category then 50% is needed in masters degree.
    • The upper age limit for the Junior Research Fellowship Programme is 28 years.
    • There is age no limit on the Lectureship Programme

tiger786 Array

dear sir/madam,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.This exam will be conducted for the award of junior Research Fellowship(JRF).Candidates must secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination.The candidate should have a citizen of india.The general candidates must score 55% in the post-graduation level.note that For Lectureship- There is no age limit.

so be prepare for it first & all the best

AnujR Array

To be eligible for SET exams you must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

You must have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination if you category is general.

Those candidates who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH candidates) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.

Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates) These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.

M.C.M. students are not allowed
    to appear for SET Examination.

Unregistered

dear sir /madam i have completed my M.A in sociology with 54% and pursuing in B.ED so i want to know that i am appeared for SET/NET exam.........plz reply soon

Unregistered

Hello sir/mam, I have complted my m.com in advances account with 51% so i want to know that i am appeared for NET/SET exam plz reply.

muse Array

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in their PG course in order to be eligible for this exam.

Relaxation is there in percent of marks upto 5% for tech candidates of sc/st category.

AGE LIMIT:

k.uma Array

HI FRIEND,

Eligibility

1. Must have post graduation degree in any stream.

2. At least 55 percent marks in post graduation.

3. SC/ST will require 50 percent marks

4. Those who are in final year of master degree course may also apply.

5. Final year candidates should be able to submit their degree within 2 years of clearing NET.

Age Criteria

1. The age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years.

2. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

3. SC/ST are also eligible for relaxation of 5 years.

4. There is no upper age limit for College Lectureship.

Top UGC NET/SET Exam Books:-

UGC University Grants Commission NET National Eligibility Test /SET State Eligibility Test for Lectureship Exam (Paper - 1)
    by Sajit Kumar, M. Gagan
    Publisher: Danika Publishing Company

UGC NET Commerce: Previous Years Papers Solved (Paper€“ I, II & III)
    by R. Gupta's
    Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

UGC-NET/SLET Economics Guide (Paper II & III)
    by Sanjay Kumar

UGC-NET: Environmental Sciences (Paper I, II & III)
    by R. Gupta

UGC NET/SLET Computer Science and Applications
    by G.K.P
    Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

Objective Type Questions On Literature In English For UGC's NET
    by Bhim S. Dahiya
    Publisher: CEE BEE Publisher
    CSIR-UGC-NET Life Science: 25 Practice Sets (Part A, B & C)
    by R. Gupta's

UGC-NET Library & Information Science: Previous Years' Papers (Solved)
    by R. Gupta

CSIR-UGC NET: National Eligibility Test For General Information Science

by R. Gupta's

UGC-CSIR NET (JRF & LS) Mathematical Science
    by Dr. Pawan Sharma Anshuman Suraj Singh
    Publisher: Arihant Publications

UGC NET/SET (JRF & LS) Management
    by Mohit Agarwal
    Publisher: Arihant Publications

CSIR-UGC NET Chemical Sciences (Part A, B & C)
    by R. Gupta's

UGC-NET Education Previous Years' Papers (Solved)
    by Gupta R.

UGC NET Political Science Previous Years Papers Solved
    by R. Gupta's

UGC NET Geography: Previous Years' Paper (Solved)
    by R Gupta

BEST OF LUCK

Mr.N Arora Array

Eligibility for NET-SET exam:-

1. Candidate must be a post graduate degree and a final year PG candidate can apply too.

2.Minimum 55%(S.C/S.T.50%) marks to be obtained in PG

3.The maximum age for JRF 28 years.

4.Relaxation for OBC: 3 years.S/C S/T 5 years.

5.There is no age limitation or ceiling for recruitment of lecturer ship.

Thank you,

randhirk.rk Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello sir/mam, I have complted my m.com in advances account with 51% so i want to know that i am appeared for NET/SET exam plz reply.
    UGC conducts the NET exams two times in a year
    This exam is conducted in June and December each year

After clearing this exam, you get the eligibilty to apply for the Asst Lecturer jobs in Colleges.

Below is the Eligibilty to apply for the UGC-NET exams:
    >> Post Graduation Pass with minimum 55% marks for the candiadtes belonging to General and OBC category
    Candidates belonging to SC/ST category needs to have minimum 50% marks in theor Post Graduation.

In the NET exams there are two paperts for which Exam is held:
    >> Lectureship
    >> JRF or Junior Research fellowships

Age-
    For Lectureship, there is no CAP on the age limit

For JRF- Maximum age to apply is 28 years
    Women/OBC/SC/ST candidates can apply till 33 years

Now since you have scored just 51% marks in your post Graduation and if you belong to General or OBC category, than you CANNOT APPLY for the UGC NET exams.

Unregistered

dear sir/madam i have completed M.Sc physics through distance education.Am I eligible for SLET & NET Exam?

eduforall Array

Hi,

NET - National Eligibility Test

SET – State Eligibility Test

As the name suggests,NET is the national level exam while SET is a state level exam

NET is conducted by UGC.

SET is conducted by individual state.

Eligibility for SET –

Postgraduate degree with 55% (SC/ ST, it is 50% ) marksfrom a UGC recognised college.

Final year students are also eligible to apply.

There is no age limit for lecturership position.

But for JRF ( Junior Research fellowship), the age limit is 28 years ( 31 years for OBC ) ( 33 years for SC/ ST)

Eligibility for NET –

Postgraduation with 55% (50% for SC/ST) marks, from a recognised university.

Final year candidates can also apply.

For JRF, the maximum age limit is 28 years.

For lecturership, there is no age limit.

Akashbhai Array

Hi friend,

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. NET exam Being Conducted by UGC.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

One should have to score a minimum of 55% of marks in their post graduation course in order to be eligible for this exam.

AGE LIMIT:

For updated information visit the site

http://www.ugcnetonline.in/

all the best.

Regards.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?