Unregistered

Eligibility for MS in Germany after B.tech in India?

hi friends! i m shivaprasad ,i want to do masters in germany.but i m having 55% in my 2and 75% in my B.E.can i get admission in germany? plzz clarify this

ROCKO Array

Re: Eligibility for MS in Germany after B.tech in India?

hi,
    first of all u should know the german language.
    Entrance Requirements
    Admission to programmes in Germany are granted on the basis of previous academic record. However, for some management courses a GMAT is required, and some engineering programmes require a GRE score. You will need to check the requirements of the university you are applying to.

The TOEFL is a standard test required for programmes that have English as a medium of instruction.

Muthulakshmisankar Array

There are two options you prefer after you complete your B.Tech degree. If you are economically efficient and donít need a job, it is better you go for your further studies. A specialization will always earn you more salary as well as priority during interviews and of course sound grip over subject. Otherwise you can find some job.

King Array

Hello Shivaprasad,
    First of all i would say that more emphasis would be given to your B.E Percentage which is good.So now you have to start preparing very seriously for the GRE(Graduate Record Examination) in which you have to score very high that is 1400 out of 1600 and then only you can expect to get calls from various universities.For more details about GRE application procedure you must visit the link which i am writing below.
    The link is :- http://www.ets.org/gre

Besides that you must also have very good command on english proficiency and interpersonal skills as you are applying for the Foreign Universities.
    You may also be asked to learn German language during admission within less time so it would be better enough if you prepare for it from now onwards.
    As there are many such centres which are Indo-German established so you can easily learn German Language there within a specific time of 4-6 months.

If you did your B.E(Bachelor in Engineering) degree from a very good reputed premier institute/university of India then it would make your work more easier than it could be in either case.You can get some recommendation from any of your Professor of the college where you have pursued your B.E.
    If your college not that reputed then it would be a little bit tougher task for you to get strong recommendations/references from a well known reputed and highly qualified Professor.

You can also go for a Junior Research Fellow in some Government aided organization or work under some good professor along with doing a Project with him/her which will help you in getting good recommendations from him/her after you complete your Project successfully under him/her.This may take some months.But it will help you very much and guaranty your admission in any German University.

There is also a good scope of getting scholarships which depends on your marks and level of education.The maximum scholarship will be 30%.For getting good scholarship and keep it to be continued you must score very high.
    Along with this you will also get an option for working in some part time job which will also provide salaries with incentives.It will lessen your costs there at Germany.

After completion of your M.S program you will be getting good Placement offers with highly lucrative salary.
    So you have a bright future ahead.

All that you need to do is Hard work.
    Stay dedicated in your studies.Don't get distracted.
    Keep working hard until you reach at your destination.

I hope this will help you in setting your goals.

Good Luck.

adi_netgenie Array

Germany is one the world's leaders in education and related courses
    every year thousands of students all over the globe go to Germany to study various courses staring from the under graduate level up to the level of PhD.
    even government has arranged for scholarships for brilliant students lacking economic strength
    so German has become one of the dream destination for students all over the globe

Admission to (PG)Postgraduate Courses(like MS)
    Some PG courses begin with English as a medium of instruction. Students need an Indian undergraduate degree to qualify. Some universities also accept the three years Indian Bachelors degree.

Eligibility
    Admission to various PG courses in Germany are granted on the basis of previous academic record. However, for some management courses a GMAT is required, and some engineering programmes require a GRE score. You will need to check the requirements of the university you are applying to.
    The TOEFL is a standard test required for programmes that have English as a medium of instruction.

Student Visa
    Student interested to take up full time study in Germany are required to apply for a student visa. It is initially granted for a period of three months. the it will be extended and may be extended to the year of completion of study and all the foreign students must leave Germany on the completion of the course
    Students have to fulfill the following requirements before being granted a student visa.

following documents are required ....
    1. Completed Visa Application Form
    2. Photographs
    3. Visa Application Fee
    4. Evidence of Admission
    5. Proof of Adequate Financial Resources
    6. Health Certificate

The best German Institutes are :

Ruprecht-Karls-Universitat Heidelberg

Technische Universitat Munchen (TUM)

Ludwig-Maxmilians-Universitat-Munchen (LMU)

Freie Universitat Berlin

Universitat Freiburg

From this site you will find the details of all the German Institutes along with necessary information of the, you must check this: http://europe.2graduate.com/colleges...hools/Germany/

wish you ALL THE BEST!!!

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    for doing MS from germany you have to clear different exams like TOEFL for english eligibility, and after this you have to clear either GMAT,GRE ecause some college prefer to consider GMAT marks and some takes GRE marks , so its better to do enquiery related to the college in which you want to take addmission ... their are many websites are available for this ,

i hope you will get answer for your quiery...

all the best...........

irasharma Array

[FONT=Times New Roman]With regard to the other eligibility criteria for a Masters in Germany, while [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]Graduate Record Examination-GRE[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman] is not a mandatory requirement, as an international applicant you need to suffice with scores on one of the English Language Proficiency Tests, preferably the Test of English as a Foreign Language-TOEFL or International English Language Testing Systems-IELTS. Also, though today a good number of German universities offer programs with English as its mode of instruction, it should not come as a surprise if you come across several topic in the curriculum that are taught in German. Hence as an international applicant it is recommended to take German language classes if considering higher education from Germany. You can either opt to take the classes back home or even at the campus since majority of the universities offer such facilities to the international applicants. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Also, though the tuition fee for the international students is likely to vary in every university, it is very reasonable, costing about 500 Euros a semester the public institutions. There are typically some other fees, such as a semester fee of about 100 Euros and living expenses to consider that are much higher in comparison to the other international locations.[/FONT]

Unregistered

hii..... my name is Nivea.. i want to know about the eligiblity criteria for MS in USA after B.tech in India.......

Unregistered

Hii..I am ANIKET ROY...I am a B.tech student In Tict,kolkata..a well reputed private engineering College....My aggregrate average % upto 4th semester is 8.5..i want to do M.S from Germany...Can you suggest me what exams must i clear in order to do so??i dearly want it...

Raj@08 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi friends! i m shivaprasad ,i want to do masters in germany.but i m having 55% in my 2and 75% in my B.E.can i get admission in germany? plzz clarify this
    Hello,
    There are many things required from your side to do higher studies from outside like:
    1. GMAT/GRE/ TOEFL score for apply for the required courses, like for your course GRE/TOEFL score...
    2. You should know german language.. Take a diploma certificate in german language...

Do remember that you have to score atleast 80-85% marks in the entrance exam, and if you score more there would be chances to get scholarship too.

The other problems you may face of VISA approval, so keep all the required documents ready as per the needs of VISA, because if one's rejected then it will take time to get it back again...

All the best
    Raj@08

Unregistered

hi..i wanted to know if 65% in my B.tech would be enough for me to apply to a good german university.
    thank you.

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->> If you are interested in doing MS from germany then i can presume then you must be interested in mechanical stream only if this is the case then let me tell you need min 60% in graduation in TOEFL score of atleast 550 points however university might ask you for GRE but its not mandatory.

>> You can try MS in Mechanical in these German universities :-

-- University of Applied Sciences Esslingen,

-- University of Siegen,

-- RWTH Aachen University,

-- Ravensburg-Weingarten University of Applied Sciences,

-- University of Duisburg-Essen etc.

>> Hope you liked this answer and if so kindly rate it as the 'Best Answer'.

...........GOOD LUCK............

Mahit Array

Cool Re: Eligibility for MS in Germany after B.tech in India?

H14.jpg

First of all u should know the German language.

Entrance requirements

Admission to programme in Germany are granted on the basis of previous academic record. However, for some management courses a GMAT is required, and some engineering programmes require a GRE score.

You'll need to check the requirements of the university you are applying to....

The TOEFL is a standard test required for programmes that have Englisha as a medium of instruction.

Following documents are required:
    1. Completed Visa Application Form
    2. Photographs
    3. Visa Application Fee
    4. Evidence of Admission
    5. Proof of Adequate Financial Resources
    6. Health Certificate.

The best German Institues are:
    1. Ruprecht-Karls_Universitat Heidelberg
    2. Technische Universit at Munchen (TUM)
    3. Ludwig-Maxmilians-Universitat-Muchen (LMU)
    4. Freie Universitat Berlin
    5. Universitat Freiburg

Click this link for more information:
    http://europe.2graduate.com/colleges...hools/Germany/

T14.gifT14.gif

Unregistered

hi friends. i m studying btech 3 year. i have 68%. am i eligible to study in germany after my graduation?

Unregistered

hi frnd.. now am studying in 3rd yr in mechanical engineering. i want to study ms in Germany. whats the basic preparation is important? which exam is important? when this exam are conducted? and how much score is important? without GRE can i get admission? and at least how much % is required in last year?

Sadaf yasmin Array

Hello,This field has many optin for job as well as field of research. For M.S you must have to score goodmarks in GRE entrance exam.In india you can't get good college so for M.S you need to goabroad. There are many universities across the world.The scholarship depends on the basis of your marks and level. The maximum scholarship will be 30%. For getting good scholarship you need to score more.Along with study you will get some part time jobs which provide you good salaries as well as incentives. After completion of M.S your salary varies from $7500 to $12000.So this will gives you good career in this field.Good Luck!!!!

Unregistered

i leaved one subject in btech so i eligible to go further studies in other conntries

Unregistered

hi,i am the student of Electronics and telecommunication.For which universities in GERMANY should i apply related to my stream...?? Reply asap plzz...!!!

Unregistered

does work experience really matters fa ms??

learn Array

MS stands for Masters in Science
    it is a PG course
    PG stands fro Post Graduate
    it is of 2 years duration

eligibility for MS in Germany

you must have a bachelor's degree
    bachelor's degree can be of 3 years or 4 years
    or must have completed 16 years of schooling

you will have to clear the GRE exam

GRE stands for Graduate Record Exam
    it is conducted by ETS
    it is the entrance exam for the students who wants to study Master course in abroad

then you will also have to clear another exam which is called TOEFL exam

TOEFL Test Of English as a Foreign Language
    it is conducted to test your proficiency in english
    it is conducted by ETS

then you must know German language

GRE exam pattern

GRE General Examination is 3 hours long with 3 sections mentioned below:

a) Writing (2 questions)- (45+30)- 75 minutes {10 minutes break}

b) Verbal (30 questions)- 30 minutes {1 minute break}

c) Maths (28 questions)- 45 minutes

TOEFL exam pattern

Section Number of Questions Length Format
    Listening 30 or 50 40 or 60 Minutes Adaptive
    Structure 20 or 25 15 or 20 Minutes Adaptive
    Reading 44 or 60 70 or 90 Minutes Non-Adaptive
    Writing 1 30 Minutes Non-Adaptive

Badshah Array

Hi guest, M.S refers to master of science. There is no minimum percentage required is required in B.tech in order to get admission in M.S program in germany. But you need to score good marks in the various entrance exams. You need to first appear in GRE exam. GRE refers to Graduate record examination which is conducted by the ETS (Educational Testing Services). And you also need to appear in TOEFL exam. TOEFL refers to Test of english as foreign language. It's an english proficency test. Thanx

ROYAL SAINI Array

GOOD MORNINGS FRIENDS:-

Hello,This field has many optin for job as well as field of research. For M.S you must have to score goodmarks in GRE entrance exam.In india you can't get good college so for M.S you need to goabroad. There are many universities across the world.The scholarship depends on the basis of your marks and level. The maximum scholarship will be 30%. For getting good scholarship you need to score more.Along with study you will get some part time jobs which provide you good salaries as well as incentives. After completion of M.S your salary varies from $7500 to $12000.So this will gives you good career in this field.Good Luck!!!

Unregistered

sir,
    i have completed my BE in ECE vth an aggregate of 67%. how can i go for MS in germany help me

Unregistered

Hello Sir,

Am Ramya completed my BE in ISE with an aggregate of 59%.how can i apply for MS in Germany and am i eligilble for it.kindly provide me complete details about it.

Thank you

Unregistered

Hello,
    I am swaroop studying b.tech(2ndyear) with aerospace as my branch.
    I want to study M.S. in germany.can you please tell me the eligibility criteria

Unregistered

hello,
    I am Manisha Nebhani from udaipur(rajasthan).....I am a B.Tech final year student with Information Technology as my branch....i want to do M.S. from abroad..please recommend me from which country i must study the same...what exams i have to appear for it?
    till now my aggregate % are 71%....do ineed to take any coaching for GRE/TOEFL/IELTS?
    pls help me out

Unregistered

hello,
    I am Manisha Nebhani..doing B.tech(4th year)...Information Technology branch...i want to study M.S from abroad..please tell me whether it is good to study from germany or uk or canada
    also which exams i need to appear for the same...Till now my aggregate are 71%...
    and do i need to take any coaching to preapre for GRE/TOEFL/IELTS?
    what is the fee structure for studying in abroad?
    do i first need to have my passport for appearing in the exam or it can be after the exam?

shine.com Array

Hi dear freind

It is a great idea to select MS in Germany

The eligibilty for MS in germany:

-->YOU SHOULD COMPLETE YOUR B.Tech degree in any repudiated university

-->There is no age limit for M.S

-->YOU have to wroite either GRE/TOFEL to get a seat in GERMANY

GRE stands for Graduate record exam

it is conducted by EST

tofel is also conducted by EST

all the best

Unregistered

hai am vijay i am studied at final year b e in ise. plz tell me how to study ms in germany. how to do eligibility study in germany?

Unregistered

sir i am karthik,m studying my btech 3 2 presently so shall i start frm nwonwards for preparation to germany??

Unregistered

hi this is shiva i have completed B.E with 52 can i apply for ms

Unregistered

hi this is shiva i have completed B.E with 52 can i apply for ms

Unregistered

HAI I\'M RAGHAV
    I\'M STUDYING STUDYING 4TH SEM IN MECH ENG IN A WELL COLLEGE IN KARNATAKA
    AND TILL NOW I\'VE CGPA OF 9 AND I\'LL MAINTAIN IT TILL END OF ENG.
    SO WHAT ALL PREPARATIONS I\'VE MAKE FROM NOW ONWARDS PLEASE HELP
    IS IT NECESSARY TO WRITE ILETS ......????????

Unregistered

hello..
    my academic record:-)

10th -83%
    inter -95%
    b.tech -86%
    can i get a good university to do masters in automobile engineering in Germany?

Iam a student of mechanical engineering..

please reply...

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hi Friend,

Its a very good decision to do MS in Germany after your B.Tech in India.
    To do MS you must have some qualifications
    They are

You must pass your B.tech in any stream from recognized college or Institute
    You should not have any backlog after your graduation
    You should know the German Language, you can learn in your final year also
    You should have to write some entrance exams like
    GMAT
    GRE
    TOFLE
    If you pass in this exams then the board of university of German university will keep you an Interview
    If you pass in this Interview, then they will give you seat in which university you want to do your MS
    You can write this entrance exams in your final year also.

Thank you
    All the Best...

Unregistered

Hi I am yogaraj doing 1st year B.E-mechanical engineering. I got 80% in my first year and I will continue the same. I would like to do my masters in germany. I am from middle class family. How can I achieve my goal and tell me about loan schemes and scholarships availability for me. Your answers will definitely help me. Thank you.

Unregistered

Hi I\'m Roger studying BE 2nd year ,mechanical engineering . I just need to know what are the eligibility for doing masters in Germany and how much the fees will cost ?,do they are giving any scholarships ? I will cost be happy if you answer my question.

Unregistered

Hi , This is Amit Tyagi from Chandigarh.

I have following qualifications:
    1. B.Tech(Computer Science & Engineering): 71%/100%
    2. 12th Passed with Physics, Chemistry , mathematics: 76%/100%
    3. GRE (General Test): Going to take next month
    4. TOEFL: Going To take next month
    5. TestDaF Joined Goethe Institut for A1 level
    6. Work Experience: 1 year in Java regular Expression at Basware corporation( A Finns Company)
    7. Research paper 1 national paper & 1 International paper published
    8. Certificates: CCNA (Cisco certified network associate)

How many TU9 universities could I get and which all? Please tell me If you have any Idea. I have done an industrial training in Munich Germany on Schengen VISA.

amittyagi Array

Hi,
    This is Amit Tyagi from Chandigarh India.
    I have following qualifications:

[FONT=Calibri][FONT=Arial]1. B.Tech(Computer Science & Engineering[/FONT][FONT=Arial]): 71%/100%[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]2. 12th Passed with P[/FONT][FONT=Arial]hysics[/FONT][FONT=Arial], Chemistry , mathem[/FONT][FONT=Arial]atics[/FONT][FONT=Arial]: 76%/100%[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]3. GRE [/FONT][FONT=Arial](General [/FONT][FONT=Arial]T[/FONT][FONT=Arial]est): Going to take next month[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]4. TOEFL[/FONT][FONT=Arial]: Going To take next month[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]5. TestDaF Joined Goethe [/FONT][FONT=Arial]I[/FONT][FONT=Arial]nst[/FONT][FONT=Arial]itut for A1 level[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]6. Work [/FONT][FONT=Arial]Experience[/FONT][FONT=Arial]: 1 year in Java regular Expression at [/FONT][FONT=Arial]B[/FONT][FONT=Arial]asware corporation( A [/FONT][FONT=Arial]F[/FONT][FONT=Arial]inns [/FONT][FONT=Arial]C[/FONT][FONT=Arial]ompany) [/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]7. Research paper[/FONT][FONT=Arial] 1 national paper & 1 [/FONT][FONT=Arial]I[/FONT][FONT=Arial]nternational paper published[/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT][FONT=Arial]8[/FONT][FONT=Arial]. Certificates: [/FONT][FONT=Arial]CCNA (Cisco certified network associate)

Additionally I have also done a professional training of 10 days in Munich Germany on the behalf of my Company.
    I want to know how many TU9 universities could accept me for Computer Science (MSc)? And which all?

Please answer if anybody knows....Thanks in advance.
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial][/FONT]
    [/FONT]

RajveerSingh Array

To start with i'd claim that more emphasis could be given to your B.E Percentage which is good.So now you have to start preparing very seriously for the GRE(Graduate Record Examination) in that you need to score very high that's 1400 out of 1600 and then only you are able to expect to get calls from various universities.For more information about GRE application procedure .

Besides that you have to likewise have very good command on english proficiency and interpersonal skills when you are applying for the Foreign Universities.
    You may also be asked to master German language during admission within less time so that it could be better enough if you prepare because of it from now onwards.
    As there are many such centres which are Indo-German established so it is possible to learn German Language there in just a specific time of 4-6 months.

In the event that you did your B.E(Bachelor in Engineering) degree from an excellent reputed premier institute/university of India then it would make work more easier than maybe it's in either case.You can acquire some recommendation from any of your Professor of the college where you have pursued your B.E.
    If your college not that reputed then it will be a small bit tougher task for you yourself to get strong recommendations/references from a common reputed and highly qualified Professor.

You may also go for a Junior Research Fellow in certain Government aided organization or work under good quality professor along side doing a Project with him/her which can help you in getting good recommendations from him/her when you complete your Project successfully under him/her.This usually takes some months.But it can help you greatly and guaranty your admission in just about any German University.

There's also an excellent scope of having scholarships which depends on your marks and amount of education.The maximum scholarship is likely to be 30%.For getting good scholarship and keep it to be continued you have to score very high.
    Along with this specific you may also get an choice for in some part time job which will also provide salaries with incentives.It will lessen your costs there at Germany.

Germany is one the world's leaders in education and related courses
    each year a large number of students all over the globe visit Germany to study various courses staring from the under graduate level around the amount of PhD.
    even government has arranged for scholarships for brilliant students lacking economic strength
    so German is now one of the dream destination for students all over the globe

Admission to (PG)Postgraduate Courses(like MS)
    Some PG courses start out with English as a moderate of instruction. Students need an Indian undergraduate degree to qualify. Some universities also accept the four years Indian Bachelors degree.

Unregistered

Well , I am not seeking for scholarship while in Germany. As per the new pattern of GRE what could be the optimal score for German University especially TU9.

amittyagi Array

Hi, I am not seeking for Scholarship while I will be in Germany. But yes as per new pattern of GRE i need to know what could be the Optimal score for getting good university in computer Science(TU9). And please do tell me what are the university accepting GRE score as mandatory?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?