Unregistered

Eligibility for IES being a B.Tech final Electronics & Instrumentation student? Probable date of commencement of IES exam? When the advertisement will get published?

iam in my final year of btech in electronics and instrumentation,can i apply for ies?and if yes what is the probable date of commencement of ies 2012 exam?and when will the advertisement be published?pls help me out...

bipin Array

Re: Eligibility for IES being a B.Tech final Electronics & Instrumentation student? Probable date of commencement of IES exam? When the advertisement will get published?

Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in every year.

The Engineering Services Examination is conducted by the UPSC, India every year for the recruitment to the four categories of engineering services:

- Civil Engineering

- Mechanical Engineering

- Electrical Engineering

- Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

Eligibility :

AGE - 21 to 30 years as on 1st august of the year of exam.

There has been an age relaxation upto 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for Sc/ST candidate.

Examination pattern

Exam consists of two parts
    PART 1
    PART 1

PART 1 consists of two sections section 1 and section 2.

Section 1 consists of technical objective type questions and Section 2 consists of technical conventional type questions

PART 2 consists of personality test.

Important dates

- Date of UPSC IES Exam Notification 2012 - 25.02.2012

- Last date for Applying for IES Exam 2012 - 26.03.2012

- Date of UPSE Engineering Service Exam (IES 2012) - 15.06.2012

You have to fill the application for of IES Examination "Online" Only. There is No Offline application form Facility from this year.

To fill the application online : http://upsconline.nic.in

For further details refer to this site : http://www.upsc.gov.in

param pita Array

Re: Eligibility for IES being a B.Tech final Electronics & Instrumentation student? Probable date of commencement of IES exam? When the advertisement will get published?

Dear friend,ies.jpg
    The Engineering Services Examination is conducted by the UPSC, India every year for the recruitment to the four categories of engineering services:

- Civil Engineering

- Mechanical Engineering

- Electrical Engineering

- Electronics & telecommunication Engineering

Eligibility :
    ies-2.jpg

There has been an age relaxation upto 3 years for OBC candidate and 5 years for Sc/ST candidate.

Examination pattern

PART 1
    PART 1

Section 1 consists of technical objective type questions and Section 2 consists of technical conventional type questions

Important dates

You have to fill the application for of IES Examination "Online" Only. There is No Offline application form Facility from this year.

sumit pandey Array

Indian Engineering Service (IES) exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission in every year.
    Eligibility :

Examination pattern

PART 1
    PART 1

Important dates

For further details refer to this site : http://www.upsc.gov.in

best of luck....

subham21 Array

dear friend,
    eligibility criteria for IES examination is
    1.candidate must have graduate degree in engineering
    2.age limit 21-30 years for general students
    3, for sc/st age relaxation up t0 5 years
    important date for exam
    1.date ofies notification-25-02-12
    2.last date for apply-26-03-12
    3. ies entrance examination-15-06-12
    to fill the application online log on to www.upsconline.nic.in
    best of luck...........

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

Yes you are eligible for appearing IES Examination.

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Services, conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria :

You must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized University.
    Final year of engineering Students can also apply for this examination.
    Whereas pre-final year of degree course are not eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limits :

For this examination your age must be in between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
    As per Govt.rules there is some age Relaxation provided.
    5 years relaxation for Ex-Servicemen and SC/ST category (35 years).
    3 years relaxation for OBC category (33 years).

Engineering Degree :

IES conducts exams in the following Engineering degree Courses.

Civil Engineering
    Mechanical Engineering
    Electrical Engineering
    Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

The Exam Pattern :

296450_268314559859441_100000426981672_926467_1183621817_n.jpg

Notification and Other Details :

The notification for IES is out and the Important dates are

Date of notification: 25-02-2012

Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 26-03-2012

Date of Exam : 15-06-2012

Make sure you apply early, i.e before the last date in order to avoid last minute rush. You have a goal now, strive hard with determination and confidence to achieve higher in career.

All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    iam in my final year of btech in electronics and instrumentation,can i apply for ies?and if yes what is the probable date of commencement of ies 2012 exam?and when will the advertisement be published?pls help me out...
    HI!
    After passing B.Tech in Electronics and instrumentation you can't apply for I.E.S exam.
    I.E.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.
    After passing engineering in following stream you are eligible for I.E.S exam:-
    1.Civil Engineering
    2.Electrical Engineering
    3.Mechanical engineering.
    4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Age limit for I.E.S exam is 21-30 year.
    Must be citizen of India.

For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!

BISWARUPYOGI Array

IES stand for Indian Engineering Service which is conducted by UPSC.Only B-TECH degree holder and some M.Sc department are applicable for this exam.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
    2.Electrical Engineering
    3.Mechanical engineering.
    4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

EXAM DATE FOR IES EXAM:-

IES Exam date already announced.The exam date is given below-

DATE OF NOTIFICATION:- 18.08.2012
    LAST DATE RECEIPT APPLICATION:- 17.09.2012
    DATE OF EXAM:- 01.12.2012

PATTERN FOR IES EXAM:-

For Online Application using the link http://upsconline.nic.in

adi_netgenie Array

IES is INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE

It is conducted By UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) along with IAS and allied services

the examination is very hard to crack!!so hard and dedicated preparation is necessary for the examination

Age Limit

Age must be more than 21 years and less than 30 years

The upper age relaxation for SC, ST, Government servants is 5 years

and for OBC is 3 years and for physically challenged is 10 years.

Nationality

The applicant must be citizen of India, subject of Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refugee, Indian origin who have migrated from selected countries in order to settle in India permanently.

Educational Qualification

Degree in Engineering, final year students can also apply on provisional basis. Additionally, the candidates have to be physically fit as per the guidelines of UPSC

preferable streams of engineering :

1.ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
    2.ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
    3.MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
    4.CHEMICAL ENGINEERING

Test Centres

Agartla, Ahmedabad, Aizwal, Aligarh, Allahabad, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal,Kolkata(Calcutta),Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwar, Dispur (Guwahati), Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi , Kohima, Kolkata , Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Portblair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur And Vishakhapatnam

THE VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF JOB THAT YOU MAY JOIN

CATEGORY I - CIVIL ENGINEERING
    Group A Services/Posts
    (i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts)

(iii) Central Engineering Service.
    (iv) Military Engineer Service (IDSE— Building and Roads Cadre)

(v) Central Water Engineering Service (Civil Engineering Posts)

(vi) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts)

(vii) Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) in the Border Roads Engineering Service

CATEGORY II - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
    Group A Services/Posts
    (i) Indian Railway Service of MECHANICAL Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(iii) Central Water Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(iv) Central Power Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (MECHANICAL Engineering Posts)

(vi) Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(vii) Military Engineer Service (IDSE— Electrical and Mechanical Cadre) (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(viii) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in the Corps of EME, Ministry of Defence

(ix) Assistant Naval Store officer Grade I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy

(x) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
    (xi) Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Boarder Roads Engineering Service, Group 'A'
    (xii) Drilling Engineer (Junior) (Grade A) in the Geological Survey of India

(xiii) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr "A" (Mechanical Engg. Posts)

CATEGORY III - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
    Group A Services/Posts
    (i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(iii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(v) Central Power Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(vi) Military Engineering Service (IDSE) Electrical and MECHANICAL Cadre) (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(vii) Assistant Executive Engineer Group A (Electrical Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E, Ministry of Defence

(viii) Assistant Naval Store officer Grade I (Electrical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy

CATEGORY IV - ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
    Group A Services/Posts
    (i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Tele-communication/Electronics Engineering Posts)

(iii) Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (Electronics Engineering Posts)

(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts)

(v) Central Power Engineering Service (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering Posts)

(vi) Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ (Electronics Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence

(vii) Engineer Gr."A" in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation; M/o Communication and Information Technology (D/o Telecommunication)

(viii) Assistant Naval Store officer Grade I (Electronics & Telecom Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy

THE PROBABLE DATE OF THIS YEAR'S EXAM IS NOT YET ANNOUNCED...KEEP CHECKING THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE DAILY AND WATCH OUT FOR NEWSPAPER ADS!!!

WISH YOU GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! []

rajashekhar Array

Hi

indian civil service examination is conducted by upsc (union public service commission)

THE VARIOUS CATEGORIES OF JOB THAT YOU MAY JOIN

CATEGORY I - CIVIL ENGINEERING

Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Civil Engineering Posts)

(iii) Central Engineering Service.
    (iv) Military Engineer Service (IDSE— Building and Roads Cadre)

(v) Central Water Engineering Service (Civil Engineering Posts)

(vi) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A (Civil Engineering Posts)

(vii) Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil) in the Border Roads Engineering Service

CATEGORY II - MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of MECHANICAL Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(iii) Central Water Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(iv) Central Power Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (MECHANICAL Engineering Posts)

(vi) Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(vii) Military Engineer Service (IDSE— Electrical and Mechanical Cadre) (Mechanical Engineering Posts)

(viii) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in the Corps of EME, Ministry of Defence

(ix) Assistant Naval Store officer Grade I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy

(x) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)
    (xi) Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical & Mechanical) (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Boarder Roads Engineering Service, Group 'A'
    (xii) Drilling Engineer (Junior) (Grade A) in the Geological Survey of India

(xiii) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Gr "A" (Mechanical Engg. Posts)

CATEGORY III - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING

Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(iii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)

CATEGORY IV - ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING

Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Tele-communication/Electronics Engineering Posts)

(iii) Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Engineering Branch) (Electronics Engineering Posts)

(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts)

(v) Central Power Engineering Service (Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering Posts)

ELIGIBILITY:

You must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized University.Final year of engineering Students can also apply for this examination.Whereas pre-final year of degree course are not eligible to apply for this examination.

Age Limits :

1.For this examination your age must be in between 21 years to 30 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.

2.As per Govt.rules there is some age Relaxation provided.

3. 5 years relaxation for Ex-Servicemen and SC/ST category (35 years).

4. 3 years relaxation for OBC category (33 years).

Examination pattern

PART 1 & PART 2
    PART 1 consists of two sections section 1 and section 2.Section 1 consists of technical objective type questions and Section 2 consists of technical conventional type questions

Important dates

Date of UPSC IES Exam Notification 2012 - 25.02.2012

Last date for Applying for IES Exam 2012 - 26.03.2012

Date of UPSE Engineering Service Exam (IES 2012) - 15.06.2012

You have to fill the application for of IES Examination "Online" Only. There is No Offline application form Facility from this year.To fill the application online : http://upsconline.nic.in

ALL THE BEST

arun.potturu Array

Hi friend,

The IES stands for indian engineering services this exam us conducted by union public service commission - upsc.

*** Recently the UPSC released the notification for the IES 506 posts recruitment and the notification also closed in april 9th 2012.

=== COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM DATE IS 15-5-2012.

=== Eligibility criteria foe IES exam :

1. Person should completed the graduation in engineering from recognized university and final year persons also eligible to apply.

2. Minimum 55% aggregate is necessary.

3. Age limit the 21- 30 years.

==== RECRUITMENT PROCESS :

1. Written test.

2. Personal interview.

The written test consists of 5 papers for 3 days.

1. Paper - 1 is aptitude and reasoning questions for 200 marks.

2. Paper - 2 is 2nd day morning & Paper - 3 is 2nd day afternoon.

3. Paper - 4 is 3rd day morning & Paper - 5 is 3rd day afternoon.

For further coming notifications see the website http://www.upsc.gov.in.

Unregistered

i am a student of b.tech with electronics & electrical engineering. can i apply for indian engineering services exam? plz reply me my email id is satyadeobhai@gmail.com. my phone no is 08521543911.

popeye Array

ies.jpeg
    IES - Indian Engineering Service Exam

You can apply IES exam after completing your B.Tech in Electronics & Instrumentation. This is one of the branch which is in the list of eligibility.

IES exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) for recruitment to the IndianEngineering Services (IES).

Eligibility :

Age limit :
    • 21 to 30 years on 1st August of the year of examination
    • 3 years for OBC
    • 5 years for SC/ST

Educational Qualification :

You must have got B.Tech or B.E Degree in any one of the following branch :

• Civil Engineering
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Electronics & Communications Engineering
    • Mechanical Engineering

IES exam pattern is given below please go through it.

ies syl.jpg

YOU can visit following website to fill the application from online.

http://upsconline.nic.in/mainmenu2.php

Visit official website for more details : http://www.upsc.gov.in
    Attached Images

Unregistered

what is the percentage criteria for ies for ab.tech student ?
    please do reply... plzzzzzzzzzz

wipro84 Array

Hi friend,

IES Stands for
    Indian Engineering Services.

This recruitment is conducting the
    Union Public Service Commission Board - UPSC ( central government )once in a year.

>>> Qualification for IES Examination :

1. Graduation in engineering is must for IES exam & Secured minimum 50% marks in academics.

2. Person belongs to indian citizen only.

>>> Age limit details :

1. For GENERAL Persons 21 - 30 years ( NO Reservation ).

2. For OBC Persons 21 - 33 years ( 3% Reservation ).

3. For SC/ST Persons 21 - 35 years ( 5% Reservation ).

4. For Handicapped Persons 21 - 40 years ( 10% Reservation ).

>>> Limit In Numbers Attempts In Examination :

1. For GENERAL Persons -----> Only 4 attempts.

2. For OBC persons ------> 7 attempts.

3. For SC/ST & Handicapped persons ------> No Limit only age limit.

>>> Selection process :

1. Written test.

2. Personal Interview.

3. Medical test.

>>> EXAMINATION DETAILS :

1. Totally the IES examination held for
    3 days.

2. Total number of
    papers is 5.

3. Paper - I Consists of

Aptitude ,
    Reasoning,
    General Awareness,
    English questions.

4. Paper - II ( Morning session ) ,Consists of engineering subjects ( Important subjects are Digital Electronics ,Signals & Systems ,Digital Communication etc ).

5. Paper - III ( Afternoon Session ),Consists of engineering subjects ( Important subjects are instrumentation ,microwaves ,linear integrated circuits etc ).

6. Paper - IV ( Morning session )

7. Paper - V ( Afternoon Session ).

-------->
    Paper - I ,II & III are OBJECTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS.

-------->
    paper - IV & V are DESCRIPTIVE TYPE QUESTIONS.

--------------------> Official website for the IES is http://www.upsc.gov.in
    >>> STANDARD EXAMINATION DATES FOR EVERY YEAR ARE :

1. May - 15 ( Paper - I )----- Morning session.

2. May - 16 ( Paper - II & III ) ----- Morning Paper - I & Afternoon Paper - II.

3. May - 17 ( Paper - IV & V ) ---- Morning Paper - IV 7 Afternoon Paper - V.

All the best....................

RIYA19 Array

Exclamation Re: Eligibility for IES being a B.Tech final Electronics & Instrumentation student? Probable date of commencement of IES exam? When the advertisement will get published?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey Friends..................

You want to know that the Eligiblity for IES being a B.TECH Final Electronics & INSTRUMENTATION student..IES stands for INDIAN ENGINEERVISE..
    Educational Qualifition:

1)Must passed from any recognized institution;
    2)Have the agrigate minimum 60% for the general candidate,55% for the SC,ST candidate,45% for the OBC.
    Age Limitation:

1)21-30 for the general candidate;
    2)21-35 for the SC candidate;
    3)21-33 for the OBC candidate;
    Exam Pattern:

1)Written Examination
    2)Personal Interview;
    3)Medical Test

WITH REGARDS RIYA19

Unregistered

% required for GEN student in b tech is?

princeyash Array

Eligibility Criteria :
    canidate must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized University.
    Final year candidates can also apply

Age Limits :
    Age must be in between 21 years to 30 years
    SC/ST category (35 years).
    OBC category (33 years).

Important Dates:

scotch Array

Yes....you can go for IES examination....

The minimum eligibility for IES is you must complete your graduation from the following fields....

Civil
    Electrical and Tele communication
    Electronics
    mechanical.

So you can go for IES....

sandeepsaini.saini522 Array

Eligibility Criteria :
    canidate must be a graduate in engineering from a recognized University.
    Final year candidates can also apply
    Age Limits :
    Age must be in between 21 years to 30 years
    SC/ST category (35 years).
    OBC category (33 years).
    Important Dates:

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?