Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for the post of Lecturer/Asst. Professor in Engineering colleges as per AICTE terms and conditions?

Dear Sir M.Tech in Applied Electronics (75% marks) after passing M.Sc in Electronics Sce.((75%marks-regular) from M.G University Kerala, is eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer/ Asst. Professor in Engg. colleges as per AICTE T&C.

JAIN198922 Array

Re: Eligibility criteria for the post of Lecturer/Asst. Professor in Engineering colleges as per AICTE terms and conditions?

DEAR ASPIRANTS,

According to AICTE norms,Eligibility for Lecturer in egineering and technology:
    First Class Bachelor's degree in the appropriate branch of
    Engineering/Technology or equivalent, valid GATE score,
    minimum 75 percentile; to complete M.Tech/ ME within 5 years
    failing which the increments will be stopped until the postgraduate
    degree is earned.
    And you have to Qualify FET(Faculty Eligibility Test) examination , But now most of the colleges take the freshers as lab programmer and after 1yr or 2years they are giving promotion as lecturer, So you can apply for Lecturer post in various colleges
    and i am attaching Qualification and eligibility for the post of Lecturer and Asst.Professor in Engg. and Technology.

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

Re: Eligibility criteria for the post of Lecturer/Asst. Professor in Engineering colleges as per AICTE terms and conditions?

sir i completed mca in correspondence with first class whether i\'m eligible to work in college

arpita_31 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Dear Sir M.Tech in Applied Electronics (75% marks) after passing M.Sc in Electronics Sce.((75%marks-regular) from M.G University Kerala, is eligible to apply for the post of Lecturer/ Asst. Professor in Engg. colleges as per AICTE T&C.
    Hello,
    With opening up of many private universities and central universities you can join as lecturer initially and then by clearing NET and enrolling in P.Hd. and with adding years of experience you can go to higher positions and after completing your p.Hd you will become eligible for Asstt professor in Government universities too..
    So go for December NET - 2012 and enrol for P.hd.

All the best'
    arpita_31

Unregistered

dear sir i have PhD in chemistry with 3 years postdoc , i am eligible for faculty in engineering college...?

Unregistered

dear sir i have completed my pg in physics hons with 57.6% marks. Am i eligible as a lecturer of physics?

Unregistered

Sir i have completed M.Sc, Electronics(80%) and M.Tech Communication systems with 7.1cgpa(II-class) and i m having around 4 yrs experience in engg. college..Am i eligible for work as a lecturer in engg colleges at tamilnadu.

swatiii.sharma@yahoo.com Array

Hii
    I have completed bachelors in commerce and m.com form south campus D.U and scored 50% in masters then to complete the eligibility criteria of 55% in masters i have also completed my M.B.A from IGNOU which is not regular..pls suggest whether i am eligible for lectureship in some govt. college if i qualify net exam also.

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,
    You wana assistatnt professor .You apply go for
    NET exam in december month.You first complete
    phd after clearing NET exam and you join any
    private university as a lecturer.You gain experience
    and after complete phd course you eligible for
    assistant professor.
    GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

Sir i have completed B.Sc (Industrial Electronics),M.Sc (Industrial Electronics) and M.E (Bio-medical) with 6.5 GPA (I class)(TANCET Qualified) in Anna university,guindy campus at chennai. i am now in tirunelveli district .i am search in lecturer/assistant professor job in engineering colleges.. but some colleges refused my appication due to the fact that i am not B.E/B.Tech. am eligible for work as a lecturer/ asst. professor in engineering colleges at Tamilnadu and please clarify.

subodh1014022 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    for the post of lecturer in the university/college you have to be eligible as per the AICTE norms if you want to join any technical institute , the eligibility criteria for the candidates are given as below:-

1. the candidate must have master degree in any branch of engineering with atleast 60% marks in master degree program .
    2. you have to show your GATE score , now a days many colleges/universities wan gate score card, and for the post of lecturer you have to score atleast 75 percentile in GATE .

so, by fullfilling the above mentioned criteria , you are eligible for the post of lecturer in any college/university in india..

all the best.............

randhirk.rk Array

As per AICTE norms to be eligible for asst professor in engineering colleges it is BE/Btech and Mtech in the required subject to be eligible for the Asst professor jobs

BUT UGC says that anyone who has done Mtech after doing his M.sc are also eligible

Ther is fight going on between these two institutions

Some colleges are still hiring asst professor who have done Mtech after doing their M.SC

So you can apply to different colleges and see how they respond to your applications

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

as per the all india counsel of technical education ,you can apply to any aicte norm colleges

because the minimum qualification required for the aicte to become an assistant professor is an

post graduation course,so that you complete the m.tech with 75% ,so you can apply to any engineering college's

choose the best institutions in among india and also around location

choose the best college and apply to the job

as a fresher you can not apply to the higher university's

first do job in any small college's and get an expedience 's in that college

and now you can apply to an higher colleges

hope this information helps you

good luck

Unregistered

sir
    i have completed M.Sc Software engineering (5yrs integrated) under anna university chennai with 1st class.. after that i have completed M.E software engineering Trichy anna University..with 1st class.i am search in lecturer/assistant professor job in engineering colleges.. but some colleges refused my appication due to the fact that i am not B.E/B.Tech. am eligible for work as a lecturer/ asst. professor in engineering colleges at Tamilnadu and please clarify.

Unregistered

sir i have completed M.Sc software engineering (5yrs Integrated) under anna university chennai with 1st class and M.E software engineering under anna university trichy with 1st class.i am search in lecturer/assistant professor job in engineering colleges.. but some colleges refused my appication due to the fact that i am not B.E/B.Tech. am eligible for work as a lecturer/ asst. professor in engineering colleges at Tamilnadu and please clarify.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    The minimum qualification need to become an Assitant Professor is M.Tech.So you are applicable for Asst. Professor of AICTE affiliated Engineering colleges.
    The Eligibility Criteria may vary from some colleges and Universities as they may prefer Ph.D degree or a minimum experienced from some other colleges.
    You can apply for Asst. Profrssor post of AICTE affiliated colleges.
    Best of luck.

SHANMUGA SUNDARAM Array

Hello Friends,
    I completed my B.E in 2012 with valid GATE Score(92.7 percentile). If i qualify NET exam(This time B.E/B.Tech candidates are also eligible to write NET Exam),am i eligible to apply for lecturer post in any Government/Private Engineering colleges?PLEASE REPLY ANYBODY

Unregistered

i am finished MCA WITH 81% , am i eligible for engineering and polytechnic college as lecturer?

Unregistered

sir i have 55% can i apply for assistant prof

Unregistered

This is a very informative thread.

I have 10 years of experience in VLSI industry. However I have only a B.E degree. I want to enter a good university and contribute in teaching genuinely. What are my options?
    Is M.E/MTECH a must?

Thanks, Varun

Unregistered

i have completed BE in cse with 53% and current i am pursuing m tech. if i complete m tech with 60% above will i am eligible for lecturing post.

Unregistered

i have completed BE in cse with 53% which is not eligible for lecturing post under aicte(in engineering college). currently i am pursuing mtec. plze any one tell me if i complete mtech with 60% above am i eligible for lecturing post (in engineering college) under vtu college.

SHANMUGA SUNDARAM Array

hai friend,
    M.E/M.Tech is the additional qualification for lecturer post.Anyway you can apply for government/private engineering colleges(but not top level engineering institutions as you have only B.E).For that you must qualify NET Exam conducted by CSIR/UGC.Visit csirhrdg.res.in to apply for this exam.

Unregistered

Dear Sir,
    I have completed BE(Biomedical engineering-Regular)and MBA(HR and IT-Distance Education).How can i start my faculty life?

shars Array

Net is the exam which allows a candidate to join as assissatant professor in engineerind colleges.

By qualifying net exam you can join as lecturer in any engineering colleges approved by aicte.

Net exam is conducted for entrance into jrf- junior research fellowship

lecturership in colleges approved by aicte.

For appearing for the net exam you must have to complted pg in a recognized university.

There is no age limit to appear for net exam.

Unregistered

i want to apply for the post of lecturer in arunachal pradesh engineering collegs.so what are thye criteria for the post?

Unregistered

Is a candidate with 10/15 yrs. experience with M.tech and working as AP III, if acquires Ph.d, is he eligible for Proffessor directly. Also, pl. clarify after completing Ph.D how many yrs. exp. one should possess to become prof. or Principal? Is ir that total experience is counted or any min. exp.one should have after acquiring Doctrate degree?

megh@ Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    According to the AICTE you are not eligible to apply for the posts of Lecturer/Asst. Professor but you are eligible to apply according to the UGC norms.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ACCORDING TO AICTE:-

>>The candidates should have a first class bachelor or master degree in appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.

>>The candidates should have a experience of 3-5 years in Teaching/Industry/Research.

>>Some of the colleges even ask for Ph.D degree.

>> There is no age limitation for the posts of Asst. Professor/Lecturer.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ACCORDING TO UGC:-

>>The candidates should have good marks in the master degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering/Technology.

>>The B.Sc degree having candidates with M.Tech degree are also eligible.

>>The candidates need to qualify NET exam.

>>There is no age limitation.

Here i have attached the pdf of the eligibility for various posts in the Engineering colleges according to UGC and AICTE both, please check.

It will clear your doubt totally.

Unregistered

Dear Sir, I have completed MA in English (with Linguistics, Phonetics and Modern Grammar) with 42% marks. At present, I am teaching English in a reputed Competive Institute in West Bengal. I am also well versed in Phonetics which includes accent, rhythm, intonation, IPA etc. as I am presently pursuing PGCTE from The English and Foreign Languages University. I have also completed English Impact Course Upper Intermediate Level from the British Institutes and The British Counsil. will I be eligible to teach Communicative English in any private college in accordance with AICTE norms?

Unregistered

MA in English (with linguistics, phonetics, modern grammar) with 42% marks. Well versed in Phonetics which includes accent, rhythm, intonation, IPA etc. English Impact Course at Upper Intermediate Level from the British Institutes and the British Council. Presently teaching English in a reputed Competitive Institute in West Bengal. Will I be eligible to teach Communicative English in any private college in accordance with the AICTE norms?

Unregistered

Dear Sir , I completed DOEACC \'B\' Level(68%) and M.Tech(CSE)78%, with 2 years experience as faculty, can I be Asst.Prof. in any Engg.College

vijaybanna Array

Dear Friend

According to the new rules and regulations of AICTE it has become essential to be a M.Tech in the stream of one interest if one wants to be a Lecturer/Asst. Professor in any of the engineering College affiliated to the AICTE..

So the Lecturer who were teaching previously without any post graduate degree have to enroll for the M.tech..

Teaching is good field for imparting knowledge to the young generation..

BEST OF LUCK

Unregistered

Dear Sir, I have completed M.C.A.,M.Phil in distance education and i have 9 years of teaching experience, not yet registered for Ph.D
    can i join as an Asst.Prof in any of the engineering colleges affiliated to anna university

l.r .bharati Array

sir
    i completed B.E IN2nd class and m.tech inst class so am i eligible for lecturer post in engg college

santhosh44 Array

Hi friend

Eligible criteria for Lecturer/Asst. professor in Engineering college...

Candidate must complete P.hd in Relevant BRANCH(for Assistant professor )
    Candidate must complete Master of Engineering In relevant Branch
    Candidate must complete Bachelor of Engineering in relevant branch

Other Complete Eligibility detail will be uploaded................
    Attached Files

Unregistered

sir i am the E&C engg completed my degree in2012.can iapply for he post of lecturer .i would also like to know that is it neccessary for me to complete post graduation.if yes how should i enroll my name for the m.e/m.tech.

Unregistered

if a person done MBA(distance mode) with 60%marks is eligible as assistant professor in MBA colleges?

Varam Array

Educational Qualification - A person must have cleared the examination of NET i.e. National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

The prerequisite to appear for this test is a degree in post-graduation in the respective subject. This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of June and December.

Age Criteria - There is no maximum age limit.

As you completed your M.Tech, you are eligible to give NET Exam.So give that exam and gain eligibility for lecturer ship.

Unregistered

Hai everyone,
    i am sambath from Tamilnadu. i am working as Assistant Professor in an Engineering Institution and also i have 1 and half years still now. i would like to change job in Chennai / Trichy locations. can anybody give me High salary paid Engineering colleges in those locations.

I hear that, Saveetha Engg college at chennai gives 30,500 per month for M.E/M.Tech freshers. like that provide info friends as soon as possible. i found several websites regarding this but i didn\'t get correct info. which may helpful for career.

Thanks & Regards,
    K.Sambath kumar..

Unregistered

sir my university is not aicte approved and i am doing my master degree,can i apply for the post of lecturership after completing my m.tech ?

Unregistered

sir I completed my B.Tech in EEE with 2nd class,But i completed my M.Tech in DS&CE with 71%.is it eligible for lecturer post in engineering colleges

eduforall Array

Hi,

If you want to become a college lecturer/ Professor, you have to pass NET.

NET i.e. National Eligibility Test

NET is conducted by the University GrantsCommission (UGC)

This test is conducted by the UGC twice a year usually in the months of Juneand December.

Eligibility criteria to become college professor -

1. Degree in post-graduation in the respective subject with a minimum of 55%
    for general and 50% for SC/ST.

2. There is no upper age limit.

Unregistered

sir,
    i have completed msc (math) and m. tech (computer science) through distance education, whether i eligible for lecturer in an engineering college.

Unregistered

i had completed B.E with first class,currently am doing m.e cse,i had 6.0 cgpa till 3rd sem ,can i apply job in engineering colleges

RajveerSingh Array

In accordance with AICTE norms,Eligibility for Lecturer in engineering and technology:
    First Class Bachelor's degree in the correct branch of
    Engineering/Technology or equivalent, valid GATE score,
    minimum 75 percentile; to complete M.Tech/ ME within 5 years
    failing that the increments will be stopped before postgraduate
    degree is earned.
    And you've to Qualify FET(Faculty Eligibility Test) examination , But now all the colleges take the freshers as lab programmer and after 1yr or 2years they are giving promotion as lecturer, To help you apply for Lecturer post in several colleges
    and i am attaching Qualification and eligibility for the post of Lecturer and Asst.Professor in Engg. and Technology.

According to AICTE norms to be qualified to receive asst professor in engineering colleges it is BE/Btech and Mtech in the required at the mercy of be qualified to receive the Asst professor jobs

BUT UGC says that anyone who has done Mtech after doing his M.sc will also be eligible

Ther is fight going on between these two institutions

Some colleges are still hiring asst professor who have done Mtech after doing their M.SC

To help you apply to different colleges and observe they react to your applications

Educational Qualification - An individual must have cleared the examination of NET i.e. National Eligibility Test conducted by the University Grants Commission (UGC).

The prerequisite to appear because of this test is a degree in post-graduation in the respective subject. This test is conducted by the UGC twice annually usually in the months of June and December.

Age Criteria - There is no maximum age limit.

As you completed your M.Tech, you are eligible to offer NET Exam.So give that exam and gain eligibility for lecturer ship.

Unregistered

Respected Sir/Mam
    I\'m doing ME(computer science and engineering) i want to do Net exam how can i apply for that rpl for me
    and tell me the proper website sir...

Unregistered

How can I set up an escort agency in the uk?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?