Unregistered

Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy for a 12th Commerce student? Where to apply for the same?

sir, nw in appearing 12th im going 2 giv my exams from commerce stream with (maths) n my dream is 2 join merchant navy, n my dob is 23/11/91, so can i join merchant navy if yes den 4r where can i apply in merchant navy...plz help me out sirw8ing 4r ur rply.....

irasharma Array

Re: Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy for a 12th Commerce student? Where to apply for the same?

To join in Merchant Navy, you have to appear and qualify UPSC exam.The criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is -

Minimum graduation and qualification with 55% marks.
    and age, limit you have to be between 21-29 years.

If your selected in Merchant navy with commerce back ground you may get chance to logistic officer.
    In some cases, students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets

A few Private Institutes from where you can pursue Merchant navy courses are –
    1. Samundara Maritime Institute, Lonavala.
    2. Great Eastern Academy, Lonavala.

3. Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Kondhwa, Pune.
    4. MANET, Pune.

Best of luck......

m.khushhal Array

Re: Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy for a 12th Commerce student? Where to apply for the same?

Hello...
    Dear friend... You can join indian Navy After graduation... Because one can join the Indian Navy after 12th only if he has PCM has his subjects..
    The eligibility for the course is Graduate in B.E Mechanical engineering with an aggregate of 60% (SC/ST-55%) with PCM.
    How ever you can join Merchant Navy after Graduation after doing B.com...
    And dont worry about DOB... Your age is not cross elegiblity criteria...

KamatchiDeviK Array

Dear friend,
    You surely can apply for merchant navy....

In merchant navy there are various courses available aftr 12th!
    for dat u must hav scored a minimum of 55 to 60% in p,c,m and english!!

the courses available are,

1.DNS(DIPLOMA IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE)
    2.B.TECH(MARINE ENGINEERING)
    There r various posts in each of d course diploma is jst of 1 year & btech course is of 4 years.There are various institutes government as well as private which offer this courses.For getting admission fr any of d above courses candidates should clear d IMU-CET exam conductd by Indian Maritime Institute,chennai

ALL THE VERY BEST........!

BISWARUPYOGI Array

Sorry to say that 12th commerce student are not applicable for Merchant Navy exam.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy course

1. Unmarried male and female candidate are eligible .
    2. Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
    3. Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
    4. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

1. Deck Cadets Post
    2. Navigating Officers Post

Physical Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -

A candidate should be physically and mentally fit.

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,

2. Height = 167 cms,

3. Weight = 50 Kg

4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

The exam DATE of Merchant Navy exam is not announced yet.

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    sir, nw in appearing 12th im going 2 giv my exams from commerce stream with (maths) n my dream is 2 join merchant navy, n my dob is 23/11/91, so can i join merchant navy if yes den 4r where can i apply in merchant navy...plz help me out sirw8ing 4r ur rply.....
    HI!
    After passing 12th with commerce stream you can't join merchant navy.

ELIGIBILITY FOR MERCHANT NAVY:-
    > Pass 12th with physics, Chemistry and maths with minimum 50% marks.
    > The age should be in betwwen 17-21 year.
    For ST/SC candidate age limit is 17-25 year.

Top college for pursuing merchant navy is:-

Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies- Mumbai
    International Maritime Institute (IMI), Delhi
    Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education and Training (MANET), Pune

GOOD LUCK!

bipin Array

No, you can't join in Merchant navy after completing 12th class in Commerce. Because you have to complete 12th class exam with science for being eligible for Merchant navy.

Eligibility for Merchant navy :

- You should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics for Merchant Navy course.

- Unmarried male and female Students are eligible for Merchant Navy course.

Your Age should not be more than 20 years. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age .

Job available in Merchant navy

- Navigating Officers
    - Deck Cadets

Some Institutes offering Merchant Navy course :

- Training Ship Chanakya
    - Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research
    - Marine Engineering & Research Institute

deep3079 Array

Hallo friend;

You are appearing in 12th standard in commerce stream with maths paper. You want to know if you are

eligible for applying Merchant Navy. Yes, I will say in details about the eligibility and exams for merchant navy:

You have to qualify for UPSC Exam to join Merchant Navy.

Eligibility Criteria:

• Must have at least 55% marks after completing Graduation.
    • However, the SC/ST/OBC obtains a relaxation up to 50%.
    • Age limits between 21 to 29 years.
    • As a commerce student, you can join in the post of Logistic Officer(L.O.), Navigating Officer(N.A.) & Deck Charade in working field.

So, Best of Luck....

With regards from deep3079.........

param pita Array

Hello dear friend,Sorry to say that 12th commerce student are not applicable for Merchant Navy exam.

2. Candidates passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
    3. Age requirement is not more than 20 years.
    4. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply
    1. Deck Cadets Post
    2. Navigating Officers Post

1. Eye Sight = 6/6,

2. Height = 167 cms,

3. Weight = 50 Kg

4. Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

No, you can't join in Merchant navy after completing 12th class in Commerce. Because you have to complete 12th class exam with science for being eligible for Merchant navy.

- You should have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics for Merchant Navy course.

Your Age should not be more than 20 years. SC/ST Students 25 years is maximum age .

- Navigating Officers
    - Deck Cadets

- Training Ship Chanakya

aalarif Array

well.sir the best way you can know about your eligibility is that--you log onto the site http://oceanicventure.com/drupal/eligibility
    here few questions will be asked to you and then you will know the details whether you are eligible or not,,,a complete details will be available..
    thank you.

Sukku26 Array

HI

If you are interested in the merchant navy you must write the NDA exam.The minimum eligibility for NDA is you must complete the Intermediate.

NDA stands for National defense academy.UPSC will hold the NDA exams twice a year.i.e NDA I and NDA II...

Through this NDA examination you can go for following services namely

Army
    Air force
    Navy..

Eligibility for NDA:

You must complete the Intermediate from nay recognized university or board.
    Your age should in between 16.5 to 19 years.
    You must be physically fit as per rules.
    You must be citizen from India.

If you fulfill those conditions you can go for NDA examination...

For more details visit the following link...
    http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good lk......

harshit agrawal Array

dear............

Sorry, to say that you can not join Merchant Navy with 12th pass from
    Commerce stream as you are not fulfilling the educational criteria for this.

The eligible candidate should complete 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with

60% marks from a recognised Central/State Board and should be within 20 years of age to

apply for Merchant Navy. There is minimum age relaxation for SC/ST candidate for 5 years.

The candidate shall be admitted to Nautical Science and Marine Engineering course under Merchant Navy.

best of luck...........

selvakumar Array

Being Commerce candidate your not eligible to apply for Merchant Navy , If your aspiring to apply for Merchant Navy then you should complete 12th standard in science stream with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics etc.. from recognized university . So , you not eligible to apply for Merchant Navy .

You may having two options to apply for Merchant Navy , Nautical science and Marine engineering / Navigational and Engineering fields .

If your interested to apply for Nautical Science and Marine Engineering then you should complete 12th standard in science stream with physics / Chemistry / Mathematics from recognized university . You should score minimum 60% percentage of marks in 12th board Examination . You should not more then 20 years and If your belong from sc/st candidate then relaxation applicable . You should physically as well as mentally fit .

If your interested to apply for Navigational and Engineering fields then , you should complete bachelor degree in Nautical Science / Marine engineering from recognized university . You should score minimum 55% percentage of marks . Your age should be 18 years to 24 years . You should be medically fit then only your eligible for the course .

Physical Standard :-
    • Your Eye Sight should be :- 6/6
    • Your Height should be :- 167 cms
    • Your Weight should be :- 50 Kg
    • Your Chest should be = 77 cm / 82 cm

sumit pandey Array

hi,
    To join in Merchant Navy, you have to appear and qualify UPSC exam.The criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is -

Minimum graduation and qualification with 55% marks.
    and age, limit you have to be between 21-29 years.

If your selected in Merchant navy with commerce back ground you may get chance to logistic officer.
    In some cases, students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets

A few Private Institutes from where you can pursue Merchant navy courses are –
    1. Samundara Maritime Institute, Lonavala.
    2. Great Eastern Academy, Lonavala.

3. Vishwakarma Maritime Institute, Kondhwa, Pune.
    4. MANET, Pune.

Best of luck......

King Array

Hello Dear,
    First of all i need to clarify some things as per the data you have given.As you are a commerce student and are in your 12th standard so you are not eligible for Merchant Navy as for now.In age criteria you are eligible.

As per the rules and conditions you must show proof of completing 10+2 having passed Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

So now you have to go for your graduation studies first and then after successfully completing your graduation you can again apply at that time for MERCHANT NAVY.As there are vacancies for graduates also with higher pay scale and higher posts/positions.

For entering the navigational and engineering fields of Merchant Navy you need to complete your B.Sc degree in Mechanical or Marine Engineering before you get admission to the field.

The remuneration and benefits in Merchant Navy is one of the few careers where the salary is relatively very high.

So you have to study hard and complete devote your time towards studies for making you future bright.

I hope this will help you.
    Good Luck.
    BEST WISHES.

Buzz Array

Being a candidate of your trade are not eligible to apply for a merchant marine, and if it aspires to apply for the Merchant Marine and then must complete the standard 12th in science stream with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics, and so on. From a recognized university. So, do not have the right to apply for the Merchant Marine.

The presence of two options to apply for a merchant marine, marine science, engineering, marine / navigational and engineering fields.

If interested to apply for marine science and marine engineering, then you must complete the standard 12th in science stream with Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics from a recognized university. Must be the lowest 60% of marks in exam board 12TH. Must be no more than 20 years, and if you have a member of SC / p candidate and then relax in force. You must be physically, mentally as well as fit.

If interested to apply for the areas of navigation, engineering, and then, you must complete the bachelor's degree in engineering science / marine sea from a recognized university. Must be the lowest rate of 55% of the marks. It should be 18 years to 24 years. Must be medically fit, then your only eligible for this session.

rr7 Array

- Navigating Officers
    - Deck Cadets

- Training Ship Chanakya

sameer007 Array

Dear friend,
    Since you are from the commerce stream ,you can join the only course named as B.sc nautical science.
    B.sc nautical science is a course of 3years in which you have to study for 1 year and rest three years you will have to pursue training on ship.

To be eligible to appear in its exam-
    -you must have minimum 55% marks in 12th board.
    -you also require a good physical health and free from all diseases.
    -you also require a good eyesight and height.

For the students from science and maths stream , they can join marine engineering (4years or 3 years ) course.
    They can also join B.sc nautical science.
    You can apply to the different colleges like, IMA (Chennai), TS chankya ( Navi Mumbai),etc
    Best of luck....

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    merchant navy is one of the bets career option for any one , it not only have exciting as well as thrilling life but also a handsome as well , so, some eligibilty criteria for the candidates must fullfill to get into this field and which are given as below;-

-the candidate should passed class 12th with 60% or above marks , and also have science background(PCM) ,
    - the candidates age should not be more then 20 years...

so, all the best.......

Unregistered

Question Re: Possibility of joining Merchant Navy after MBA with 4 years exp. in different industry

Hi,
    This is Ratheesh. I have completed my MBA and having 4 years of exp.in different industry (Not in marine field). I would like to join merchant navy becoz of the thrilling and adventurous life which the job offers. I am a guy who likes to travel a lot and likes to take risk. I am from commerce back ground in all my educational life starting from Plus Two, B.Com and MBA. My DOB is 25/05/83.Kindly let me know whether I am eligible to join Merchant Navy for any officer post.

Unregistered

hi,
    This is Mr.vaibhav .S. mahadeshwar.I am in 12th commerce currently,and i hav taken it,sp.so can i know that may i get the change to enter in merchant navy??????? so can you plzzz tell me wat are the step to join the merchant navy????

bsahoo.94 Array

HI,

Sorry to say that you are not eligible for Merchant Navy after passing 12th with commerce stream.

Eligibility Criteria for Merchant navy:-
    1. Pass 12th with minimum 50% marks with (PCM)
    2. Passing engineering with any stream.

Age Limit: 17 to 25 yrs

You can do other courses like:-
    N.D.A
    B.com
    L.L.B.
    & More...........

best of luck

grotesque Array

Dear sir,
    The main requirement to join Merchant navy are as follows:
    - You have to 12th in the non-medical stream.
    - The minimum percentage required is 60% in PCM.
    - You should be unmarried.
    - Proper eye-sight

As you mentioned above that you did 12th in the field of commerce then i am sorry to say that you are not eligible.
    All the best

Unregistered

sir i am 24 year old and i have completed my bsc with 55% marks in pcm so can i join merchant nevy course

Unregistered

sir i am 24 year old and i have completed my bsc with 55% marks in pcm so can i join merchant nevy course

ranjith1438 Array

Hai,Iam really sorry to say this you are not eligible to join merchant navy, as per your age and as per your educational qualification you are not eligible for merchant navy.To join in merchant navy you need to crack NDA(NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY) exam which is conducted by the UPSC two times in a year.Eligibility criteria:The candidate should be complete 12th standard from a recognised state board of india with PCM subjects.Candidate should be a citizen of india.Candidate should be physically fit.Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.Age limits is 16.5 years to 19 years.Selection procedure:Written test,Interview,Medical test.For more details visit the below websitehttp://www.upsc.gov.inAll the best

Avtar1 Array

Hello Friend,
    santam.jpgHunter.gifQUENELIZ.jpg

Sorry friend, you can not join the merchant navy, because you are of commerce stream.
    Merchant navy is only for the student who passout +2 with science stream.

eligibility:-

students who have completed their 12th with PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) are eligible to join as Deck Cadets. Navigating Officers - Candidates will need to obtain a Certificate of Competency, as per the regulations in India relating to the examinations of Masters and Mates. Conducted by the Ministry of Surface Transport, in association with the Directorate General of Shipping (DGS) Mumbai, the examinations help determine the promotion prospects for the officers.

AGE LIMIT :-
    unmarried male and female candidates; age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year): those belonging to the SC/ST have this rule relaxed by about 5 yrs.

thanks

choco28 Array

dear friend,
    sorry to say that you are not eligible to join merchant navy just after 12th
    as you have completed your 12th with commerce stream

3. maximum age is20 years.

1. Eye Sight should be 6/6, without any eye problem

2. Height should be 167 cms,

3. Weight should be 50 Kg

4. Chest should be 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)

popeye Array

Merchant navy.jpeg

You are not eligile to apply Merchant navy after completing your 12th in commerce strteam. Candidates who have completed 12th in science stream are only eligible to apply Merchant navy.

But you have chance in account section of the of THE COMPANIES which provides shipping services. So you can stay on ships as like other employees but only differences is that you are working in account section of ship.

There are some courses after 12th but all are for science stream only. These courses listed below.

B.E Marine Engineering

M.E Marine Engineering

B.sc Nautical Science

You must posses some eligibility criteria for doing these courses and they are:

B.E Marine Engineering:

Duration: 4 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

B.sc Nautical Science:

Duration: 3 years

Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English

Institutes Offering above courses

The Training Ship Chanakya (T S Chanakya), Karaus, Navi Mumbai

Marine Engineering & Research Institute, Hay Bunder Road, Mumbai - 400 033

Directorate General of Shipping, Jahaj Bhavan, Ballard Estate, Walchand Hirachand Marg, Mumbai 400001

Marine Engineering Research Institute, P-19, Taratolla Rd, Kolkata-700088

ravikanth2027 Array

candidate should have complete 12th stands with PCM from a recognized university
    age limit between 16 to 20 years
    merchant-navy.jpg

1318414229_263108807_2-Pictures-of--Career-in-Merchant-Navy.jpg

ranjith1438 Array

Hai,Iam sorry to say this you are not eligible merchant navy, because only science stream candidates are eligible for merchant navy.Eligibility criteria:The candidate should be complete 12th standard with PCM subjects from a recognised board.Candidate must physically fit.Candiate should be a citizen of india.The candidate should not be morethan 20years.Unmarried male and female candidates are eligible for this exam.For sc/st candidates 25years is the maximum age.

adi_netgenie Array

Cool Re: Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy for a 12th Commerce student? Where to apply for the same?

Merchant Navy is a good field for students who wants to have good career in the navy sector with a good salary

~~~ELIGIBILITY~~~

students who have completed their 12th from a recognized institution
    candidates should have PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) in 12th

Aggregate Marks required: 50 % in PCM

you can join merchant navy from by graduating under marine engineering course
    B.Tech in Marine engineering /B.Sc in Nautical science will be a ideal choice

Jobs-in-Marine-Engineering.jpgmarine-engineers-at-work.jpg

you need to appear for Various Exams like

IIT JEE
    AIEEE
    WBJEE
    KIIT JEE

You need to crack one of the exams to get admission to the marine engineering Colleges for the course
    based on your rank you will get admission to the colleges via counselling

~~BEST COLLEGES OFFERING THE COURSE~~

• The Calcutta Technical School West Bengal
    • Maharashtra Academy of Naval Education & Training(MANET), Maharashtra
    • Tolani Maritime Institute Maharashtra
    • Lal Bahadur Shastri College of Advanced Maritime Studies & Research, Hay bunder, Seweri, Mumbai-400033 Maharashtra
    • Marine Engineering & Research Institute Maharashtra
    • Marine Engineering Research Institute West Bengal
    • Padmabhushan Vasantdada Patil Pratishthan's College of Engineering, Maharashtra
    • R L Institute of Nautical Science, Tamil Nadu
    • The Shipping Corporation of India Maharashtra
    • Shipbuilders Industry Society of Goa's Institute of Maritime Studies Goa
    • Directorate General of Shipping Maharashtra
    • IIT (Indian Institute of Technology Maharashtra
    • Indian Institute of Aeronautical Engineering Uttaranchal
    • Indian Marine College Andhra Pradesh
    • International Marine Communication Centre Tamil Nadu
    • T.S. Chanakya, Karaus Maharashtra

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Unregistered

SIR I AM PASSING IN INTEREXAM IN THIS YEAR UP BOARD MY MARKS IS MATHS 51 OUT OF 100, PHYSICS 59 OUT OF 100, CHEMISTRY 60 OUT OF 100, ENGLISH 59 OUT OF 100 AND HINDI 76 OUT OF 100 SO CAN I BELONG TO MERCHANT NAVY IN DECK CADET

Unregistered

how can i join merchant navy as deck cadet ? i\'d complete my 12th last year in commerce... so can i do diploma course in B.Sc nautical science skipping my commerce stream and then apply for it ? i\'m an athlete in bodybuilding and i\'m very much confident to take this as my carrier. please some professionals do suggest me

Unregistered

Sir, how can i join merchant navy i have done my 2 with medical with physics 56 out of 100, biology 89 out of 100, chemistry 85 out of 100, english 89 out of 100 and phy edu 83 out of 1000
    plz sir help me out

shivbaba Array

In merchant navy there are various courses available aftr 12th!
    for dat u must hav scored a minimum of 55 to 60% in p,c,m and english!!

the courses available are,
    1.DNS(DIPLOMA IN NAUTICAL SCIENCE)
    2.B.TECH(MARINE ENGINEERING)
    There r various posts in each of d course diploma is jst of 1 year & btech course is of 4 years.There are various institutes government as well as private which offer this courses.For getting admission fr any of d above courses candidates should clear d IMU-CET exam conductd by Indian Maritime Institute,chennai

shivbaba Array

Eligibility For joining Merchant navy as Deck Cadet are as follows: -

1. Eye Sight should be 6/6, without any eye problem

2. Height should be 167 cms,

3. Weight should be 50 Kg

Unregistered

I am passed out from Bsc IT course.. My age is 21 years! Am i eligible for joining merchant navy?? If yes then what post will i get?

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ....

To apply for the Merchant navy you must fulfill the below ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ....

<> You must have complete 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Maths

<> You need to complete Ship training course before you join Merchant Navy

<> You must be Indian

<> Eye sight should be normal

<> But with the 2.5 Glasses eyesight also allowed

<> You have to pass Medical Test before the Admission ,....

ALL THE VERY BEST

tiger786 Array

hii friends,

you have to appear and qualify UPSC exam.The criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is To join in Merchant Navy-
    (1)Minimum graduation and qualification with 55% marks.(2)age have to be between 21-29 years.(3)You must have complete 12th with Physics 56 out of 100 ,biology 89 out of 100 Chemistry 85 out of 100 and english 89 out of 100(4)Eye sight should be normal But with the 2.5 Glasses eyesight also allowed (5)You have to pass Medical Test before the Admission (6)Weight should be 50 Kg

all the best for exam...........

Badshah Array

• Being an commerce student having maths in class 12th won't make you eligible to Join the merchant Navy.
    • As per the qualification needed, you must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics i.e Pcm subjects in your senior secondary class.
    • Your age should not cross the upper age limit of 20 years.
    • However in this examination also age relaxation is provided to reserved category.
    • Only Male and female who are unmarried can appear in this examination.
    • You must also be physically very fit and also fine as per standard.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?