Unregistered

Eligibility criteria for IAS for a Electronics and Communication Engineering student? Subject combination?

I am a Student Of Electronics and communication engineering.I want to be an IAS officer after finish my engineering...am i eligible for the entrance exam?If i am,what will my subjects?

SABYASACHI DAS Array

Re: Eligibility criteria for IAS for a Electronics and Communication Engineering student? Subject combination?

Every graduate candidate is eligible gor "ias" exam...the subjects in your graduate level is not matter....
    You can choose any two optional subjects which has given in upsc main side......

manigandan.ma Array

Re: Eligibility criteria for IAS for a Electronics and Communication Engineering student? Subject combination?

Dear friend,for doing IAS you need to crack civil service exam.In order to attend civil service exam,you need a graduation in any field.Let us see the stages of civil service exam
    1.PRELIMINARY
    2.MAIN
    3.INTERVIEW
    Preliminary exam consists of two sections
    1.General aptitude
    2.General knowledge
    In main you have to choose 3 subjects from the 22 subjects.you can choose according to your wish.Following subjects are suggested.
    1.political science
    2.public administration
    3.Law
    4.Indian history
    all the best

irasharma Array

Of course, an engineering graduate can attempt the IAS exam for sure. There is no restriction for a graduate for attempting the IAS exam.
    For the civil service examination candidate should be graduate in any discipline from the recognized
    university. Those appeared in the final year examination are also eligible to apply for this examination.
    The age limit for the candidates should be between 21-30 years.
    [FONT=Verdana]The candidates have to undergo a written examination for entrance in to IAS. The syllabus of the exam will be in accordance with the UPSC norms. The short listed candidates in the exam will be called in for the interview. The final selection will be based on the candidate’s performance in the interview. [/FONT]

Nick Array

If ur age is between 21-30 years then u can apply for IAS and u can take subjects like Physics , Chemistry and Maths !! Best of luck !!!!!!!!!

maharajah1812 Array

eligibility is just pass your engineering , not matters how much percentage you are getting in college then u will be eligible for IAS exam . you have lot and lot time now . so just start your preparation now itself . Read newspaper regularly and try to take notes . and prepare well for aptitude , logical reasoning and verbal this will help u in u r CSAT paper and also in your campus interview. daily practice it . it will be really use full

LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (have to select any 2 option in this list )
    • Agriculture
    • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
    • Botany
    • Chemistry
    • Civil Engineering
    • Commerce
    • Economics
    • Electrical Engineering
    • Geography
    • Geology
    • Indian History
    • Law
    • Mathematics
    • Mechanical Engineering
    • Medical Science
    • Philosophy
    • Physics
    • Political Science
    • Psychology
    • Public Administration
    • Sociology
    • Statistics
    • Zoology
    The following combination of subjects are not allowed:
    • Political Science & International Relation and Public Administration.
    • Commerce & Accountancy and Management.
    • Anthropology and Sociology.
    • Mathematics and Statistics.
    • Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.
    • Management & Public Administration.
    • Civil Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one Engineering subject.
    • Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.
    select anything u have not insisted to take engg. subjects u can take any subjects . because for engineering subject we don't have materials to study in the point of civil services exam
    for further details log on tho my site www.dreamershut.com you can see many thing about civil services exam and more in my website

thanks and regards
    Y.Maharajah

bipin Array

IAS stand for Indian Administration Service.Union Public Service Commission will hold the IAS examination every year.

The IAS examination is conducted into 2 phases namely
    Preliminary examination
    Main examination.

First you have to write the preliminary examination.After clering the eliminary exmination you are eligible for main examination.after that you can go for final interview.

Eligibility for IAS:

You should be graduate from any recognized university.

The candidates who are in the final year they are also eligible ofr IAS examination.

Your age should not more than 30 years and not less than 21 years.The upper age limit will be applicable for ST/Sc/OBC candidates..

Number of attempts:

4 for General candidates
    7 for OBC candidates
    No limit for ST/Sc candidates.

Examination pattern:

The preliminary examination should consist of 2 papers.This is a Objective type examination.Here you have to prepare the general studies...

if you are completed your preliminary examination you can go for main examination.
    The main examination should consist of 9 papers.This is descriptive type examination.Here you have to choose the optional subjects.

if you are completed your Main examination you can call for main interview.

Important Dates:

Date of Notification:4 th February 2012'
    Last date to fill the application form:5th March 2012
    Preliminary examination:20th May 2012

For further details visit the official website of UPSC :
    http://www.upsc.gov.in

ashok rks Array

IAS - Indian Administrative Services

List of Stream Can opt for IAS
    Agriculture
    Chemistry
    Physics
    Computer Science
    Commerce
    Engineering
    Geography
    History
    Law
    Sociology
    Zoology

The IAS Exam is Conducted into 3 Phases
    Preliminary Examination
    Main Examination
    Personal Interview

Eligible Criteria
    You need to be a Citizen of Indian
    You need to complete your Under Graduate Degree

Age Limit
    The Minimum Age Limit 21 Years of Age
    The maximum age Limit for General Candidate 28 Years of age
    The maximum age Limit for OBC Candidate 33 Years of age
    The maximum age Limit for SC/ST Candidate 35 Years of age

Number Attempts
    For The General Candidate : 4 Attempts
    For The OBC Candidate : 7 Attempts
    For The SC/ST Candidate : No Limits of Attempts

Notification
    Date of he Notification 4th Febuary 2012
    Last Date for the Submission of Application 5th March 2012
    Date Of Exam :20th May 2012

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a Student Of Electronics and communication engineering.I want to be an IAS officer after finish my engineering...am i eligible for the entrance exam?If i am,what will my subjects?
    HI!
    List of optional subject:-
    Agriculture
    Management
    Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
    Mathematics
    Anthropology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Botany
    Medical Science
    Chemistry
    Philosophy
    Civil Engineering
    Physics
    Commerce & Accountancy
    Political Science & International Relations
    Economics
    Psychology
    Electrical Engineering
    Public Administration
    Geography
    Sociology
    Geology
    Statistics
    Indian History
    Zoology
    Law

You can chose any to subject you want..

ALL THE BEST!

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

The eligibility criteria for Civils is

Academic Qualification :

* You must be a graduate in any of the streams from a recognized university.

Age limits:

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
    The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
    upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
    upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(BC's)

Number of attempts:

The number of attempts can vary based on the Reservation your have i.e
    - General candidates: four attempts.
    - Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates: No restriction.
    - Other Backward Classes: seven attempts.

The list of subjects is given below do check it

iaspattern.jpg

All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

subodh1014 Array

hi, dear friend ,
    it doesn't matter that which degree you have the minimum eligibility is graduate with required % of marks and also their is no subject combination required for the paper you have to choose two optional subject which you get from the upsc site .....

so, all the best for your future..........

chinna Array

Dear friend,for doing IAS you need to crack civil service exam.In order to attend civil service exam,you need a graduation in any field.Let us see the stages of civil service exam
    1.PRELIMINARY
    2.MAIN
    3.INTERVIEW
    1.General aptitude
    2.General knowledge
    In main you have to choose 3 subjects from the 22 subjects.you can choose according to your wish.Following subjects are suggested.
    1.political science
    2.public administration
    3.Law
    4.Indian history
    all the best

ashwak Array

yes , you are eligibel to write ias entrance exam even in final year of your b.tech

the eligibility criteiria is ,

~~ you should have completed any degree from a recognised university
    ~~ you should have secured a minimum of 50% in your regualr degree
    ~~ if you belong to general category , then your age shoould be below 30 years only
    ~~ if you belong to obc category , then your age should be below 33 years
    ~~ if you belong to sc or st category , then your age should be below 35 years

*** remember , your age must not be below 21 years

the selection process is ,
    ~~ preliminary exam
    ~~ main exam
    ~~ interview

the preliminary exam consists of ,
    ~~ general aptitude
    ~~ general knowledge

in the main exam, yu have to choose any 3 subjects from 22 subjects . some are ,
    ~~ political science
    ~~ public administration
    ~~ indian history
    ~~ law , etc . . . .

all the best

BISWARUPYOGI Array

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year through Civil Service Exam.So you must attend in CSAT exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree or final year of graduation degree from recognized board are applicable for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide only for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. for OBC candidate it is 7 times and for general candidate it is 5 times.

Civil Service examination can be divided as three stages.

1)Preliminary
    2)Main exam
    3)Interview

The pattern for CSAT exam is given below-

PATTERN FOR IAS EXAM

For CSAT exam you can choose your mains and optional subject.both subject are given below-

MAIN SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM

THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT FOR IAS EXAM

Civil Service exam(Preliminary),2012 :-

• Date of Notification :- 04.02.12
    • Last date for receipt of application :- 05.03.12
    • Date of examination :- 20.05.12
    For more details about IAS exam click on the link www.upsc.gov.in

sameer007 Array

Every graduate student is eligible to appear in IAS exam.
    So as an electronics engineer graduate you can also appear for the exam.
    Generally people have the miss conception that , it is must to choose a subject from your branch for mains but it is not true.
    You can choose any subject combination you want.
    There are also papers available from your branch for the mains exam.for details http://www.upsc.gov.in/

jyothipriyadashini Array

hi,friend;.

YES you cam apply for IAS stands for Indian Administration Service :

This is conducted by the union public service commission under the civil services examination and every year UPSC as released the notification in employments news or official website of UPSC,so for this attending this exam required requirements are follow below;..

The selection processor is based on the 3 stages,first one is the preliminary examination and second one is the main examination and third one is personal interview,apart from first conducted the preliminary exam after qualifying the this called for main examination and personal interview.

Required Requirements :

For sitting in the examination hall,required educational quantification are you must completed the graduation in any field from recognized university and here not required any percentage in graduation.

Also required age limit,that should be minimum age should be 21 years and maximum should be 30 years for general category candidates and here age relaxation is available for reserved category candidates i,e 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

For this post you must be indian citizen and you must be physical fit and here you can appear for this exam only 4 times ,if you are OBC candidates then you can apply 7 times or SC/ST category candidate then you have NO LIMIT.

Selection Processor :

For this post the selection processor is based on the above mention stages and apart from first conducted the preliminary exam after qualifying called for main exam and personal interview and here the exam syllabus will be depends upon the optional subjects selected by candidate.

So,above mention information you are eligible,then you can apply online by paying the application fee 100 rupees for general category candidates and NO FEE for reserved category candidates at any bank by DD.

For More Information : http://www.upsc.gov.in/ :

all the best;.

S.Narasimha Murthy Array

HI FRIEND,

1315994684_48951075_5-UPSCIASIPS-Coaching-Class-At-Nagpur-Classes.jpg
    IAS Stands for Indian administrative service.which is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for IAS is :

eligibility required:-

you must be a graduation degree of any stream from any recognized university.

Age limit:-

21 years -30 years for general students.
    21 years- 33 years for obc.
    21 years -35 years fro sc/st/pwd.

The syllabus includes the followings:

1.general English
    2.general engineering
    3.verbal/non-verbal/logical reasoning
    4.technical section
    5.general mathematics.

The Selection procedure :

written test
    interview

The IAS written Exam conduct on :

PERMINLARLY : The permlin conducted on the following days.
    04/02/2012
    05/03/2012
    20/05/2012

MAINS: The main exam is conducted on 05/10/2012.

After clearing both you will call for interview.

The IAS exam has two subjects they are:

General studies
    Optional subject

you can choose any of one subject that you are interest from optional subject list:

General Studies
    Agriculture
    Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
    Botany
    Chemistry
    Civil Engineering
    Commerce
    Economics
    Electrical Engineering
    Geography
    Geology
    Indian History
    Law
    Mathematics
    Mechanical Engineering
    Medical Science
    Philosophy
    Physics
    Political Science
    Psychology
    Public Administration
    Sociology
    Statistics
    Zoology
    Anthropology
    Arabic
    Assamese

Best of Luck,have a Bright Future

Unregistered

Hello ..m btech student and I want to go for ias after dat. So pls help me how many subjects Should i take ?? Iam so much confused about main exams n optional subjects...thank you..

wipro84 Array

Hi friend,

The IAS stands for indian administrative services.This recruitment was conducting by union public service commission board once in a year.

>>> ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE IAS EXAM :

1. Person should be degree holder from any of the educational qualification without backlogs from recognized university.

2. Minimum 55% aggregate in academics is necessary.

3. Person should be from indian citizen only.

>>> AGE LIMIT FOR THE IAS IS :

1. For GENERAL category candidates 21 - 30 years. No reservation.

2. For OBC category candidates 21 - 33 years. 3% reservation in government jobs.

3. For SC/ST category candidates 21 - 35 years. 5% reservation in government jobs.

>>> LIMITS IN NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS ( EXAM ) :

1. For GENERAL persons 4 attempts.

2. For OBC persons 7 attempts.

3. For SC/ST persons NO limit.

>>> SELECTION PROCESS :

1. Written test.

2. Personal interview.

3. Medical test.

>>> SYLLABUS FOR IAS :

1. PAPER - 1 :

One of the indian languages to be selected by the candidate from the 22 languages included in the VIIIth schedule to the constitution ( qualifying paper ) = 300 marks.

2. PAPER - 2 :

English ( Qualifying paper ) = 300 years.

3. PAPER - 3 :

Eassy [ in the medium you choose ] = 200 marks.

4. PAPER - 4 & 5 :

General studies ( 300 marks for each paper ) = 600 marks.

5. PAPER : 6,7,8,9 :

Any two subjects ( each have 2 papers ) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects ( 300 marks for each paper ) = 1200 marks.

Total marks for written examination is 2000 marks.

Interview 300 marks.

Grand total 2300 marks.

ALL THE BEST.

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

ias stands for the indian administrative service

the ias exam is also know as the civil service exams

this exam is conducted by the union public service commission of india under the control of central government

after completing the graduation degree you are eligibility to the ias exam

in the ias exam the branch is not important it is based on some subjects

subjects are

general knowledge
    civics
    social
    political knowledge
    history

and also the some other subjects

aptitude
    reasoning
    verbal
    english

the process is of three stages

main exam
    preliminary exam
    interview

if you pass the main exam only you can write the preliminary exam

after qualifying the both exams only you can go to the interview

for the general candidates the age limit is 21-30 years
    obc candidates the age limit is 21-33 years
    sc/st candidates the age limit is 21-35 years

hope this information helps you

good luck

Unregistered

hello,i am electronic engg.. please tell me about (PRELIMINARY EXAM) what subject should i take,how it is conduct.... also about main examination....please

Unregistered

i am electronics and communication enggineering student , i need correct information about ias examination . really i am very confused..............................!

Jalsa Array

Dear,

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Services.It is conducted UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) through CIVIL Services in the every year.It is not an easy exam, it is a quite difficult exam.It is one of the Prestigious job in India.If you qualify in the prelims then only you are eligible for attend Mains otherwise you are not eligible for attend Mains.if you qualify in the both prelims as well as Mains then only you are eligible for attend Interview.

Prelims is a objective type exam and it has 5 Papers they are as follows

Paper-1
    Paper-2
    Paper-3
    Paper-4
    Paper-5

Mains is a subjective type exam and it has 5 Papers they are as follows

Paper-1
    Paper-2
    Paper-3
    Paper-4
    Paper-5

Required Qualifications:
    1.You should completed Graduation with 60%
    2.Your age must be in between 21 to 30 years
    3 years relaxation for OBC candidates
    and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST Candidates

Process of Selection:
    1.Preliminary exam
    2.Mains
    3.Personal Interview

How to Apply:
    1.Buy an application form

2.And fill it

3.Add your certificates to the application form

4.And then post it to the given address.

Institutes for IAS in Indai:
    1.IAS Academy in Andhra Pradesh

2.IAS Study Circle in Andhra Pradesh

3.Chanikya IAS Academy

4.Career path in Delhi

5.Career Plus in Delhi

6.Career Point in Delhi

7.East & West Academy in Bihar

8.Bose Academy in West Bengal

9.Center of Excellence in Uttar Pradesh

10.Krishna Coaching Center in Uttar Pradesh

11.Shankar IAS Academy in Tamil Nadu

12.Brilliant Tutorial in Tamil Nadu

13.Meera's Academy in Karnataka

14.Universal Coaching Center in Karnataka

15.Study Circle in Maharashtra

16.National IAS Academy in Maharashtra

ALL THE BEST..................................!

Unregistered

i am student of electronic and communication engineering . Can i take one subject 'Electronic and Communication engineering'

Unregistered

i am student of electronic and communication engineering . Can i take one subject 'Electronic and Communication engineering' in I.A.S exam

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

You can give IAS examination after complete graduation.You prepare well in this exam

and this examination is conducted by through UPSC.You can give 4 times this exam and

some relaxation are provide some reserved category.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

## You should be graduate.

## You should have be good marks in graduation.

## You can give this exam 4 times.

## Your age limit should be 21 to 30 years.

Some relaxation are provide reserved category.

EXAM PATTERN :-

VIDEO :-Tips for IAS exam preparation

SELECTION PROCESS :-

Written Test

technical test

Interview

GOOD LUCK

ss28626 Array

The IAS examination is conducted into 2 phases namely
    Preliminary examination
    Main examination.

First you have to write the preliminary examination.After clering the eliminary exmination you are eligible for main examination.after that you can go for final interview.

Eligibility for IAS:

You should be graduate from any recognized university.

The candidates who are in the final year they are also eligible ofr IAS examination.

Your age should not more than 30 years and not less than 21 years.The upper age limit will be applicable for ST/Sc/OBC candidates..

Number of attempts:

4 for General candidates
    7 for OBC candidates
    No limit for ST/Sc candidates.

Examination pattern:

The preliminary examination should consist of 2 papers.This is a Objective type examination.Here you have to prepare the general studies...

if you are completed your preliminary examination you can go for main examination.
    The main examination should consist of 9 papers.This is descriptive type examination.Here you have to choose the optional subjects.

if you are completed your Main examination you can call for main interview.

the stages of civil service exam
    1.PRELIMINARY
    2.MAIN
    3.INTERVIEW
    1.General aptitude
    2.General knowledge
    1.political science
    2.public administration
    3.Law
    4.Indian history
    All the best.

Badshah Array

• Yes an student of Electronics and communication engineering can become an Indian administrative services i.e IAS officer.
    • You need to have the bachelar degreee in any stream of your choice but from an recognised university.
    • Your age must be between the age limit decided by Upsc i.e from 21 years to 30 years.
    • As such there is also an age relaxations criteria for the obc, sc/st, physical handicapped , ex serviceman etc.
    • You must first need to appear in the preliminary exam.
    • It's an objective based exam which has multiple options.
    • It has two papers i.e. General aptitude and General knowledge .

choco28 Array

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service
    after completing your B.Tech
    you will be able to apply for this service

for joining this service
    you will have to appear for CSAT exam

CSAT stands for Civil Services Aptitude Test

UPSC conducts this exam
    only once a year

eligibility for this exam

you must have a bachelor's degree in nay field

age limit
    minimum age -21 yrs
    maximum age -30 yrs

relaxation to upper age limit is as follows
    for obc-3 yrs
    for sc/st-5 yrs
    for PH -10 yrs

no of attempts
    4 attempts for general
    7 for obc
    no restriction for sc/st

selection procedure
    contains 3 stages
    preliminary exam
    mains exam
    interview

CSAT exam pattern
    consist of 2 papers
    preliminary exam
    and mains exam

preliminary exam pattern

mains exam patttern

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

Eligibility for IAS Officer Exam

A bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks

Age should be between 21-30 years and relaxation in age as per government guidelines

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years upper age relaxation for OBC category

You may apply for IAS Officer exam because you have a degree in electronics stream but if you belong to general category then you may apply for IAS Officer exam only time an if you are in OBC then you may apply 7 time and there is no limit for SC/ST category candidates to apply for this exam.

All the best

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ....

I.A.S ---- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE ...

To apply for the exam you must fulfill the below ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA ..

>> IAS examination is conducted every year by UPSC

>> U.P.S.C ----- UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION

>> You must be INDIAN

>> You must have Graduation from a Recognized university

>> Final YEar students can also appear for the examination ....

>> The minimum age should be 21 years

>> The maximum age is allowed upto 30 years

>> Of course there is an Age Relaxation for the Reserved Candidates ....

GOOD LUCK

lakshmi dhana Array

IAS Eligibility :

IAS forms are invited by UPSC

Selection Process :

Preliminary exam
    Main exam
    Interview

Educational Qualification :

Any degree with 50% from a recognized university
    45% for SC/ST candidates

Age limit :
    21 to 30 years for general
    3 & 5 years relaxation for OBC & SC/ST

Number of Attempts :

General candidates : 4
    OBC candidates : 7
    SC/St candidates : no limit

lakshmi dhana Array

YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE....

* The candidates should be a graduate in any stream , from a recognize university.
    *The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
    *The candidates should be a citizen of India

DETAILS:

www.upsc.gov.in

lakshmi dhana Array

YES YOU ARE ELIGIBLE....

* The candidates should be a graduate in any stream , from a recognize university.
    *The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
    *The candidates should be a citizen of India

DETAILS:

www.upsc.gov.in

Unregistered

Hello,I am in the final year of B.tech(E.C.E).Please suggest me the subjects that I should choose for civil services.Which subjects are related to my stream from the optional one?plz suggest me.

Unregistered

Which book i refer for the preliminary exam (IAS) to cover the complete syllabus?

Unregistered

Iam an electronics engineer.I want to become an ias officer..
    I want to know the full details about that.

SKY.BHALODI Array

The eligibility criteria for the CSE exam is below :

-> one should done their graduation from any recognized university

-> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam , but before the main exam one have to complete the graduation .

-> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxation for obc , 5 years relaxation for sc/st/ex-serviceman , 10 years relaxation for physically handicapped .

-> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

So any Indian citizen who fulfill the above criteria are eligible for the exam .

Exam consists three parts .

Preliminary exam
    Main exam
    Interview

List of optional subject for Main exam:
    Agriculture
    Management
    Animal Husbandry & Vetinary Science
    Mathematics
    Anthropology
    Mechanical Engineering
    Botany
    Medical Science
    Chemistry
    Philosophy
    Civil Engineering
    Physics
    Commerce & Accountancy
    Political Science & International Relations
    Economics
    Psychology
    Electrical Engineering
    Public Administration
    Geography
    Sociology
    Geology

As a EC student you should choose maths and electrical engineer as a optional subject .

Good luck...

Unregistered

i want to ask that i am pursuing btech(ec) .what are the subjects for IAS ?

ealp Array

• Must be a Graduate from the recognized University in any discipline can write IAS.
    • IAS(Indian Administrative service)entrance examination is conducted by UPSC every year.
    • AGE: General: 21-30 years.Relaxations for OBC: 3 years, S/C S/T: 5 yuears.
    • Nationality: Indian.
    • Attempts: General: 4 attempts.OBC: 7 attempts.S/C S/T: No limit.

There are 22 subjects as combination candidate to select as per his/her viability regarding IAS exam.

Thank You,

popeye Array

IAS(Indian Administrative service) are Indian civil Services exams conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service commission).

Those candiadte are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

Attempts : The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Pattern of Exams -

- Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
    - Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

You have to choose one optional subject in Mani examination. So the list of optional subject is given below. YOu can choose any of the following.

As you are from ENTC background you can chose Electrons as your optional subject.

ias9.jpg

For more details you can visit to http://www.upsc.gov.in

randhirk.rk Array

Yes you are eligible to apply

In the Mains exams there are 7 papers.
    5 papers are compulsory
    Only one optional Subject is there
    This optional apper will have two papers

The Main written examination will consist of the following papers:

Paper one: 300 Marks
    Section 1 Essay
    Section 2 English Comprehension and English Precis (Matriculation or Xth standard level)

Paper Two 250 Marks
    General Studies–I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)

Paper Three 250 Marks
    General Studies –II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)

Paper Four 250 Marks
    General Studies –III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)

Paper Five 250 Marks
    General Studies –IV (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)

Paper Six 250 marks
    Optional Subject – Paper 1

Paper Seven 250 marks
    Optional Subject – Paper 2

List of optional subjects for Main Examination
    Agriculture
    Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
    Anthropology
    Botany
    Chemistry
    Civil Engineering
    Commerce and Accountancy
    Economics
    Electrical Engineering
    Geography
    Geology
    History
    Law
    Management
    Mathematics
    Mechanical Engineering
    Medical Science
    Philosophy
    Physics
    Political Science and International

heemanshubhalla Array

Age Requirement For IAS
    * You must have minimum age of 21 years and maximum age of 30 years.

Age Relaxation

* For SC/ST you will have age relaxation of 5 years
    * For OBC you will have age relaxation of 3 years
    * For J&K domilciled during 1980 to 1989 you will have age relaxation of 5 years
    * For Defence service disable you will have age relaxation of 3 years
    * For handicapped or disable,blind,deaf etc you will have age relaxation of 10 years

Educational Requirement
    * You must have Graduation Degree from Recognized university

List of Main Subjects

* Law
    * History
    * Chemistry
    * Economics
    * Botany etc

Jayshree Bachhav Array

HI

eligibility criteria for the CSE exam is below :

one should done their graduation from any recognized university ..final year student can also eligible for applying the exam , but before the main exam one have to complete the graduation .

age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxation for obc ,
    5 years relaxation for sc/st/ex-serviceman ,
    10 years relaxation for physically handicapped .

maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast ,
    7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

BEST OF LUCK

mk.gohel Array

Hi Friend,

Yes , off course Electronics and communication engineering students eligible for IAS exam...

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. Exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission once in the year.....

Eligibility And Criteria:-

A candidate must have Completed their Graduation degree in any Discipline from the Recognized Universities are eligible for this exam....

Final Year of Graduation degree students also eligible for this exam....

There is No any Percentages Criteria...

A candidate must have the Nationality of India...

Age Limit :-

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

For OBC +3 years..

For SC/ST +5 years...

For PWD +10 years...

Attempt Criteria:-

General Attempt - 4 Times.

OBC Candidate - 7 Times.

SC/ST candidate - No Limit.

Subjects for IAS :-

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Vetinary science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil engineering

Commerce and accountancy

Economics

Electrical engineering

Geography

Geology

History

Mathematics

Management

Mechanical engineering

Medical science

Philosophy

Physics

Political science

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

Law

Exam Pattern:-

1. Preliminary Exam.
    2. Main Exam
    3. Interview

CSAT+2011.JPG

All the best....

libra Array

dear friends...........
    eligibility is just pass your engineering , not matters how much percentage you are getting in college then u will be eligible for IAS exam . you have lot and lot time now . so just start your preparation now itself . Read newspaper regularly and try to take notes . and prepare well for aptitude , logical reasoning and verbal this will help u in u r CSAT paper and also in your campus interview. daily practice it . it will be really use full
    Subjects for IAS :-

Agriculture

Animal Husbandry and Vetinary science

Anthropology

Botany

Chemistry

Civil engineering

Commerce and accountancy

Economics

Electrical engineering

Geography

Geology

History

Mathematics

Management

Mechanical engineering

Medical science

Philosophy

Physics

Political science

Psychology

Public Administration

Sociology

Statistics

Zoology

thank you

UtkarshBxr Array

Hi Friends,,eligibility is just pass your engineering , not matters how much percentage you are getting in college then u will be eligible for IAS exam . you have lot and lot time now . so just start your preparation now itself . Read newspaper regularly and try to take notes . and prepare well for aptitude , logical reasoning and verbal this will help u in u r CSAT paper and also in your campus interview. daily practice it . it will be really use full LIST OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS (have to select any 2 option in this list )AgricultureAnimal Husbandry & Veterinary ScienceBotanyChemistryCivil EngineeringCommerceEconomicsElectrical EngineeringGeographyGeologyIndian HistoryLawMathematicsMechanical EngineeringMedical SciencePhilosophyPhysicsPolitical SciencePsychologyPublic AdministrationSociologyStatisticsZoologyThe following combination of subjects are not allowed:Political Science & International Relation and Public Administration.Commerce & Accountancy and Management.Anthropology and Sociology.Mathematics and Statistics.Agriculture and Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science.Management & Public Administration.Civil Engineering, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one Engineering subject.Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.select anything u have not insisted to take engg. subjects u can take any subjects . because for engineering subject we don't have materials to study in the point of civil services exam All The Best..................

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?