Unregistered

Eligibility for Bank PO exam having backlogs in graduation and 71% in 12th? What highest qualification should I show in application form?

i have appeared for final year graduation exams in hotel management,i want to know that am i eligible for bank clerical exams if i have a back paper in exams,i have cleared my class 12th in year 2007 with 71% marks,so please clear my doubt regarding that and also tell me that while applying for bank exams what highest qualification should i show in my application formprateek lucknow

Shekhar Pandey Array

Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam having backlogs in graduation and 71% in 12th? What highest qualification should I show in application form?

Dear friend,

As you clear your class 12th with 71% then you are definitely can apply in the bank clerical exam. Because the bank clerical exam on the basis of the class 12th not on the graduation level.

If you want to apply in the Bank Clerical Exam then you have to fill the form of IBPS because now IBPS conduct the written tests of Clerical and PO exam. And they issues the score card to the students which are qualify the written exam. And on the basis of these score card you can apply in the 19 banks which are associated with the IBPS means accept the score card of the IBPS to make the merit list of the candidates.

The 19 banks which accept the score card of the IBPS are given below:
    Allahabad Bank
    Indian Overseas Bank
    Andhra Bank
    Oriental Bank of Commerce
    Bank of Baroda
    Punjab National Bank
    Bank of India
    Punjab & Sind Bank
    Bank of Maharashtra
    Syndicate Bank
    Canara Bank
    UCO Bank
    Central Bank of India
    Union Bank of India
    Corporation Bank
    United Bank of India
    Dena Bank
    Vijaya Bank
    Indian Bank

All the above commercial banks will not take the written tests to prepare the merit list. They make the merit list on the basis of the score card of IBPS. But further procedure of Interview is taken by the banks not by the IBPS. Its not mean you just qualify the exam and the above 19 banks call you for the interview. After clearing the exam you apply in that banks where recruitment is going on the basis of your score card, then the banks makes the merit list on the basis of the score card only those candidates which are apply.

To apply in the IBPS clerical exam you must have the following eligibility criteria.

Eligibility of Clerical Exam:

1. Nationality / Citizenship: Peron must be of the following :
    (i) a Citizen of India or
    (ii) a subject of Nepal or
    (iii) a subject of Bhutan or
    (iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 for the permanent to settle in India.
    (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
    2 Educational Qualification:

A pass with 60% marks in the aggregate in Matriculation/SSC for General Category and For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EXSM candidates a pass in the aggregate in Matriculation/SSC examination only.
    OR
    A pass with 50% marks in HSC examination of 10+2 for General Category and For SC/ST/OBC/PWD/EXSM candidates a pass in HSC examination of 10+2 examination only.
    OR
    Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

3. Age Limit: Minimum: 18 Years Maximum: 28 Years. The maximum age limit specified is applicable to General Category candidates. The other category have above age relaxation as given below
    SC/ST have 5 years / OBC have 3 years /PWD 10 Years /Widow or Divorced Women have 9 years /Persons affected by 1984 riots have 5 years / domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89 have 5 years / Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service have 5 years

If your above eligibility is complete then you can apply in the IBPS exam. You go to the IBPS website www.ipbs.in for complete information. Also I want to say that those banks are not mentioned in the above they take own written test like SBI.

But you can't apply in the Bank PO Exam which is done on the basis of the graduation level till you qualify your graduation.

Best of luck

Hasham Array

Re: Eligibility for Bank PO exam having backlogs in graduation and 71% in 12th? What highest qualification should I show in application form?

For a PO job many banks aask u 55% in graduation. though u have backlogs., u must clear them and have scored 60%.
    after ur degree apply for any diploma/PG in banking and finance if u r to take an banking career.

with ur +2 and 60% in +2, ur eligible for clerical cadre, u may apply for any bank as u have good %

thanks

ritwizb Array

If you are looking to apply for Clerk then eligibility are
    1.AGE SHOULD BE BETWEEN 18 TO 30 YEARS
    2.COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE IS VITAL
    3.10TH PASSED WITH ATLEAST 55% OR 12TH PASSED WITH ATLEAST 50%
    4.REGIONAL LANGUAGE IS IMPORTANT.

FOR PO:-
    1.GRADUATE IN ANY DISCIPLINE WITH AT LEAST 60% MOST BANKS PREFER THIS MUCH PERCENTAGE
    2.COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE
    3.AGE BETWEEN 21 TO 30 YEARS.
    THESE ARE THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATION.

If you are looking to apply for PO then you should first complete your graduation with more than 60%.It will not help you in banks but also for other jobs.

& you can appear in any bank clerk exam.

Qualification depends on post.higher the post higher the qualification.

tenzinphuntsok Array

If you have 10+2 passed certificate then you can appear for the bank clerical examination conducted by various banks but if you are sitting for state bak of india examination for clerical then you should have 60% if you are general candidate and 55% for reserved category candidates. If you are applying to other banks, then the written examination is conducted by IBPS (INDIAN BANKING PERSONEL SELECTION) in which you just need 10+2 pass certificate.

Regarding the P.O. (probationary Officer) examination you should be a graduate and having bak paper in final year exam of graduation wont allow you to sit for Bank P.O. written examination.

For your kind information without completing the graduation you cannot apply for any of the graduate level examination in bankinf sector or any government institute.

So please try to complete your graduation first and then you can apply for any jobs in india.

Few of the subjects which will be very useful to you if you appear for any future examination:

1. REASONING (ALL EXAM)
    2. NUMERICAL ABILITY (ALL EXAM)
    3. GENERAL AWARENESS (ALL EXAM)
    4. COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE (BANKING EXAM)
    5. MARKETING KNOWLEDGE (BANKING EXAM)
    6. ENGLISH LANGUAGE (ALL EXAM)

happy to help u Array

Yes you can appear in bank po exam but you should have minimum 55% marks in your graduation 12 class marks does not matter they matter in bank clark exam.final year students can appear in exam if they are pursuing their last semestet or they have been already given exam but result in wating.

s.sarkar Array

Dear friend,

Eligibility criteria for Bank Po exam

1.Age limit-candidates age must be between 18 years to 28 years for general Candidates.
    For SC/ST candidates age must be between 18 years to 33 years.

2.Educational Qualification-Candidates must have graduation degree for General candidates.
    Candidates must be 12th pass from any recognized university with minimum 50% marks.

3.Citizen-Candidates must be Indian Citizen.

The following Banks are given below
    ICICI Bank
    AXIS BANK
    UTI BANK
    UCO BANK
    SBI BANK
    BANK OF BARODA
    BANK OF INDIA

All the best.

Neelam Nailwal Array

Hi Friend,

If you have backlog in Graduation then you can not apply for PO as the candidate should pass the Degree with min. of 55% marks in any discipline from recognized institution (50% marks for SC-ST-PWD candidates).But you can apply for clerical exams.....

Regards......

aalva Array

bank clerical post need
    60 %mark in 12th standard, 55% for sc/st/obc
    now bank teat s are conducted by IBPS,its a common entrance test for various banks.many banks choose candidates as per the qualifying score of these exam.
    the test contains
    general awareness
    aptitude
    general english
    finance
    etc
    the short listed candidates were selected for group discussion and interview.

jagannadh Array

to apply for bank po post candidate must obtain a degree from the recognized college or university..
    candidate must be the age group of 21 to 30 years...there is a relaxation for reserved candidates...
    so complete your gradudation, until then you can use your 12ths standard degree for clerk posts...good luck

wipro84 Array

to apply for bank po postcandidate must obtain a degree from the recognized college or university..candidate must be the age group of 21 to 30 years...there is a relaxation for reserved candidates...so complete your gradudation, until then you can use your 12ths standard degree for clerkposts...good luck

King Array

Hello dear,
    No need to worry dear.You just need to give the exam of the subject in which you have a backlog and try to get good grades in that subject so that your overall percentage can increase.You are eligible to appear for IBPS PO Exam even though you have backlogs in graduation and 71% in 12th class.Mainly 50% of marks in your Graduation level is required to match with the eligibility criteria.
    IBPS (Institue of Banking Personnel Selection) is conducting common written exam for the recruitment of probationary officer for 19 public sector banks from this academic year. SBI and SBI Associate Banks will not come under this category.Here is the minimum eligibility criteria for IBPS PO Exam.

Academic Qualification :-
    -One should have completed Graduation with any of the strean from a recognized university to be eligible for IBPS PO Exam.

Age criteria :-
    -One should be in the age group of 20-30 years to be eligible for IBPS PO Exam.
    -Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

IBPS is conducting this common written exam twice a year. Recently IBPS PO Exam was conducted on 18-09-2011.If you are interested, you can appear for upcoming IBPS PO Exam. To the notification regarding that recruitment, visit this website regularly,
    http://ibps.in/

I hope this will help you.So start preparing seriously and manage time well because TIME is an important factor.
    Best Wishes.
    Thank You.

bipin Array

There are two types of bank exams namely Bank clerical and Bank PO.The eligibility criteria changes from bank to bank.

Eligibility for Bank PO:

You must be a citizen of India.
    You must have a age limit of 21-30 years of age.
    You must have got a degree from a recognized university with 60% aggregate.Some banks prefer for 55%.
    You must know about computers and must have a knowledge on MS Office.

Eligibility for Bank clerical:

You must be a citizen of India.
    You must have a age limit of 18-28 years.
    You must have a degree from a recognized university with 60%.For SC/ST/PH candidates it is 55%.

From this it is clear that you are not eligible for bank PO exam until you will not completed your graduation. But you are eligible for clerk exam.

BISWARUPYOGI Array

You have a still backlog so you have not completed graduation so you are not applicable for BANK PO Exam.

But you are applicable for SBI CLERK exam.The notification of this exam is already announced.

Those candidate have completed 12th standard with above 60% are applicable for SBI CLERK exam.If you have completed Graduation degree then you are applicable for SBI CLERK Exam.

Marks relaxation is provide for SC/ST/PH category.

Your age should be in between 18 to 28 years old.Age relaxation is provide for Reserved category.

Process of SBI CLERK exam-
    1)Written Test
    2)Personal Interview

BOOKS FOR SBI CLERK EXAM

PATTERN FOR SBI CLERK EXAM

More details about SBI CLERK EXAM CLICK HERE

kullayappa Array

now in final year , you are not eligible for probationary officer post in banking sector .
    even , you are not eligible for enrance exam allso .

but , you are eligible for bank clerk exam

you have good percentage in 12th
    so, you are eligible for almost all bank clerk posts

you can write ,,

~~ individual bank exams
    ~~ ibps bank clerk exam

the elibility criteria for the bank clerk post is ,

-->> a candidate should have passed 12th
    -->> the candidate should have secured a minimum of 55% in 12th
    -->> the age of the candidate should be below 28 years , if you are from general category
    -->> the age of the candidate should be below 31 years , if the candidate is belong to obc category
    -->> the age of the candidate should be below 33 years , if the candidate is belong to sc or st category

so, now you are eligible for bank clerk entrance exam

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    first of all for applying any job you have to clear your backlogs , because without clearing the backlogs you cannot apply for any job , neither private nor government....
    now as per your quiery that you want to know about the eligibility criteria for the bank PO exam , which is given as below:-

-you must be a citizen of india .
    -you must complete your graduation with 60% marks ..
    - your age is in between 18-28 years..

so, all the best.................

ashwak-jo Array

if you are having backlogs in your graduation , then you are not eligible for the post of p.o.

even you are not eliglible for IBPS BANK P.O. EXAM also

the eligilibity criteria for the p.o. post is ,

>> the candidate should have completed any degree from a recognised university
    >> the candidate should have secured a minimum of 55% in degree
    >> the candidate should be a citizen of india
    >> the age of the candidate shouldnot be morethan 30 years of he/she belong to general category
    >> the age of the candidate shouldnot be morethan 33 years , if he/she belong ot obc category
    >> the age of the candidate shouldnot be morthan 35 years , if he/she belong to sc or st category
    >> the age of the candidate should not be morethan 40 years , if the candidate is physically handicapped

so, as per the criteria , you should complet your graduation to apply for the post

but , you are having good percentage in 12th
    so, you are eligibel for clerk post

but , for general category , the age limit is 28 years only
    relxation in age for obc , sc , st category candidate is applicable for 3 to 5 years

Unregistered

Can a bba final year student appear in bank po .exam

Unregistered

sir i got 62% in my last year exam, but my over all % is v low only 48.5%......... and i beolngs to a sc category........ what should i do...?? m v depressed......i wnts to gv ibps po

megh@ Array

Dear Friend,
    Your 10+2 marks in good but if you are having back log then you need to clear them for applying for the post of Bank PO.

The exam is conducted by Institute of Personnel Selection(IBPS).

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>>The age of the general candidates should be 21-30 years. For SC/ST candidates age should be 21-35 years. For OBC candidates age should be 21-33 years.

>>The candidates must have a graduation degree from a recognized university in any stream.

EXAM PATTERN:

-->Written Exam
    -->Interview.

SUBJECTS OF THE WRITTEN EXAM:

~~Reasoning Ability, marks 50;
    ~~General Knowledge, marks 50;
    ~~Quantitative Aptitude,marks 50;
    ~~English Language, marks 50.

SOME BOOKS FOR BANK PO:

You can check http://www.ibps.in/

randhirk.rk Array

YES YOU CAN GIVE THE IBPS PO exams.

Min eligibilty for sitting in the PO exams conducted by IBPS or SBI is Graduation pass
    Percentage in graduation does not matter.

Age should be between
    21 and 30 years
    OBC candidates gets 3 years age relaxation and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxation

Questions are asked from the below sections in the PO exams:
    Reasoning
    Numerical Aptitude
    English
    General Awareness
    Computer knowledge

Each section has 50 questions and carry 1 marks for each question
    You need to get atleast 24 marks for general and 21 marks for reserved candidates in each section
    There is
    negative marks for wrong answers

To get interview calls from banks you need to get atleast 175 marks out of 250

The Next PO exams notification by IBPS will come out in year 2013
    SBI may come out with its PO vacancy very soon.

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    Don't worry about your percentage in Graduation.
    You are eligible for IBPS PO exam.percentage of graduation is not matter for IBPS PO exam.
    ELIGIBILITY:
    1.Candidate must graduate from racognized university.
    2.Candidate's maximum age 30 year and minimum age sould be 20 year is applicable for po exam.
    3.Candidate must citizen of india.
    You can visit:
    www.ibps.in

Regards,
    Dharmesh

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    Final year student can not appear in Bank po exam.You should first complete your graduation.
    ~IBPS PO exam minimum eligibility is graduation from racognized university.
    ~But you can prepare for exam from now.
    ~IBPS PO exam held twice in a year.
    ~There is five section asked in written exam.
    Reasoning,Quantitative aptitude,English,General awreness,Computer Knowledge.
    Regards,
    Dharmesh

shars Array

Yes you are eligible for bank clerical exams as you have compleeted 12th with very good percentage.

Because minumum educational qualification for clerical exams is 12th completion.

Following is the eligibility criteria for the bank clerks exam:

@must completed 12 with 60%.
    @age- 18-27 years.
    @age relaxation for obc sc/st are according to government rules.

Clerks exams are comducted by ibps for nationalized banks of india.

For sbi clerks sbi conducts exam.

All the best

Unregistered

if backlog paper is cleared, then after b.tech can we apply for bank po ?

velocity Array

Recently, the eligibility criteria for bank PO and clerical positions has changed.

In order to be eligible to apply for clerk positions, you should have completed Graduation.

Having backlogs in your Graduation, you are not eligible to appear for Clerk Exams.

So, first complete your Graduation.

Then only you are eligible to appear for Clerk Exams.

IBPS is conducting common written exam for the recruitment of clerks for 20 banks.

Better prepare for this exam.

all the best.

Varam Array

With 12th qualification, you are eligible for clerk exams, but now only SBI allows, 12th passed candidates.

IBPS, which conducts combined exam for 20 nationalized banks, recently changed its criteria from 12th to graduation pass even for Clerk posts.

So, its better, you clear your backlog and then apply for bank PO posts or bank clerk posts.

Eligibilty for IBPS Clerk:

Educational qualification: Any degree from recognized university.

Age Criteria:

Minimum: 20 years
    Maximum: 28 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST
    10 years for PWD.

Eligibility for IBPS PO:

Educational qualification: Any degree from recognized university with minimum of 60% for general category and there will be 5% relaxation for reserved category.

Age Criteria:

Minimum: 20 years
    Maximum: 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST
    10 years for PWD.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?