Prabhjot Kaur Array

Eligibility for Assistant Professor as per AICTE norms and regulations?

hello... i m B.tech in instrumentations and controls engg & also M.tech in the same (I & C engg).. am i eligible for the post of assistant professor (alectricals) as per aicte norms/regulations?

panex Array

Re: Eligibility for Assistant Professor as per AICTE norms and regulations?

Hello friend,

To become an Associate Professor in any recognized university, one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
    1. Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.
    2. Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.
    3. Must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.
    The National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is conducted in the month of June and December every year and for more information regarding the test, you may refer to www.ugcnetonline.in

In order to be considered as Professor in Universities and Colleges in India, one must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
    1. Must have done exceptionally well in the Bachelors as well as Masters level in relevant discipline.
    2. Must hold a minimum of 3 years of experience as Assistant Professor in a recognized university or College.
    3. Must hold a PhD degree in relevant discipline.
    All the best!

randhirk.rk Array

AS per the AICTE norms for Asst professors Jobs in engineering colleges, below is the eligibilty Criteria:

BE/Btech pass
    and
    ME/Mtech pass

Candidate should have scored min 60% marks in either BE/BTECH OR ME/MTECH

There is no requirement for experience for applying for the Asst professor Jobs.

The current salary slabs for the Assistant professors is :
    in the payband of 15600-31900 with AGP of Rs 6000

Since you meet the eligibilty criteria , so you can apply for the jobs in engineering colleges.

You can submit your resume to them through their websites or even apply through Leading Job Portals like Naukri.com where these jobs are advertised from time to time.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello guest,
    Yes you can apply for Assistant Professor of any Engineering colleges as per AICTE norms and rules.
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR
    * Candidate must have a degree of M.Tech from recognizing university.
    * Candidate must score at least 50% in M.Tech degree.
    You can apply for any UGC affilited college/university for assistant professor.
    But in some colleges Ph.D degree holders and candidates having teaching experience of 1-2 year have more priority.
    All the best.

Unregistered

Dear sir, i have passed ph.d in maths , so sir i know about universiry have reqiure aicte apporoval ?

Unregistered

i done my b.e in biotecnology and done my masters in envirmental engineering (civil) whether i am eligible to teach civil dept..

Unregistered

i hve done M.SC. in Electronice and after i have done M.Tech so i want to know if my eligibility of asst. prof. in engineering .

Unregistered

is mca m tech(cs) eligible for b.tech(cs)

Unregistered

Dear sir i have completed MBA and i am working in a management institute since last three and half year. my PhD degree also about to award with in few days and i also have published near about 35 research paper in national and international journal of management, please can you tell me for which post now i am eligible assistant and associate professor
    thanking you
    regards
    satendra thakur
    satendra.mba07@gmail.com

Unregistered

I took m.s on i.t after b.sc from manipal university.can i work as lecturer in enggineering colleges?

Unregistered

I have done my btech in biotechnology and biochemical engineering and mtech in environmental science and technology,which are the posts and subject to which iam elidible to for teaching in engineering colleges?

Unregistered

Dear Sir,
    I have 92% score in BSc maths and 81% in MSc.I have 5 years of teaching and 2.5 years of Industry experience.I have 2 international journals in own credit.In Industry experience I wrote a series of Books ,Online Chapters .I am not NET qualified.I am not PhD qualified.Now I am working at an Engg College.The management appointed me as Assistant Professor.I would like to know the salary scale of Assistant Professor.Since I am not NET /PhD qualified, am I eligible to work as Assistant Professor?Let me know the clear AICTE criteria for Maths Faculties.

Varam Array

Eligibility required for Assistant Professor:

BE/BTech and ME/MTech in relevant branch with First Class or equivalent either in BE/BTech or ME/MTech.

As you have completed your Master's degree, you are eligible to apply for Assistant professor post.

Try to complete your Ph.D also, so that it will be an added advantage to you.

The salary range of Assistant Professor is 15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000.

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor post in Indian Engineering Colleges 2013 :

Candidates must have or posses a degree in engineering stream as - BE or B.Tech in relevant discipline from a recognized university with at least 60% marks

and

Candidates must posses a post graduate or master degree in relevant discipline as - ME or M.Tech. with at least 50% marks from a recognized university

If candidates have these qualifications then he/she can apply for the post of assistant professor in engineering colleges because this qualification is decided by the AICTE and UGC so you can apply for assistant professor posts in the engineering colleges because you have enough qualification for this post.

Pay Scale for a Assistant Professor :

15600 to 39100 per month with 5% annual increment but the basic would be same as previous years and all other allowances are also applicable.

All the best

Unregistered

I am BE mechanical with first class and got eight years of experience in industries like machine building & aeronautical field can i become a assistant proffessor for engineering college without Mtech

Unregistered

I am a B.Tech, Biotechnology graduate. Can i apply for the post of Assistant Proffessor in engineering college without M.Tech? Kindly do reply.
    My id (ruth.24may@gmail.com)

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->>>> Yes.,Definitely You are Eligible for the AICTE Norms for Assistant Professor job..,

-->> The Eligibility are :--

>> The Candidates must have First Class Master's Degree in the appropriate branch of Engineering / Technology .

>> The Candidate Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.

>> The Candidate
    Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.

>> The Candidate Must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.

>> For MOre details you can go through the Following attached file..,

.............GOOD LUCK..........
    Attached Files

eduforall Array

Hi,

As per your qualification, you are eligible to become Asst. Professor in an engineering college, provided that you have scored 60% in B.Tech.

As per AICTE norms , a candidate is eligible for Assistant Professor position in an engineering college, if -

He has scored 60% in B.tech / B.E. from a recognised university

OR

Has done M.Tech / M.E. in the appropriate engineering branch from a recognised university.

Candidates with M.Tech / M.E. degree and one or two years of teaching experience are preferred.

megh@ Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am a B.Tech, Biotechnology graduate. Can i apply for the post of Assistant Proffessor in engineering college without M.Tech? Kindly do reply.
    My id (ruth.24may@gmail.com)
    Sorry Friend,
    You cannot apply for the post of Assistant Porfessor in engineering colleges which are AICTE approved without the degree of M.Tech.

Master degree is compulsory for Assistant Professor post.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

>>The candidates should have Master degree in the respective stream with 60% marks.
    OR
    >>The candidates should have a Ph.D dgree with 1st class at Bachelor/Master Level in appropriate branch.

>>There is no age limitation.

>>The candidates should have atleast 3-5years of experience in Teaching/Industry/Research.

First of all you need to give the GATE exam.

Then you need to complete your M.Tech course.

You should have at least 60% marks in M.Tech.

Here is the detail of the recruitment eligibility criteria.
    Attached Files

Unregistered

I had achieved higher second class in MA English post graduation & second class in English graduation. Can i apply on Diploma college as a English lecturer. rajkumar.patil0@gmail.com

Unregistered

hi i got 58% in b.tech & 72% in m.tech
    am i eligible for assistant professor according to AICTE norms please reply me
    surireddy05@gmail.com

Anil Kumar B Array

I am a graduate in business management (76%). A post graduate in commerce (55%). I have passed the final examination
    of ICWAI and a Graduate member of that institute. I have worked for over 25 years in public sector bank more than five years in the capacity of officer. Am I eligible to teach in any MBA college? What will be my designation? What will be my
    pay scale if I were to be selected in any AICTE approved MBA college?

world war 3 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    the eligibility for assistant professor as per the AICTE norms and reggulations are given below:-
    1. the candidate must have BE/B.tech or ME/M.tech degree with atleast 60% aggregate marks scored.
    2. the candidate must pass national eligibility test for the lectureship conducted by the UGC every year.

many colleges/university prefer P.hd candidate for the job , so its better if you do p. hd then your job getting % will increase and also the amount of salary which you get also increase...

so, all the best...........

Unregistered

hi,
    i am completed my M.Sc. in electronic science and now i have also completed my M.Tech. Can I apply for engg. college for post of asst. professor.

Unregistered

Dear sir
    i have done B.Sc with computer science an math from Allahabad university and M.Sc with computer science from Allahabad university with distinction marks
    i have two year industry experience also i am planning to do M.Tech
    Will i be eligible for Assistant professor in engineering colleges

Unregistered

Hi...
    I\'m Mtech In IT(Information technology & networking) & Btech in ECE(Electronics & comm. Engineering).. Am I eligible for Assistant professor in engineering colleges?? plz reply

Unregistered

Dear sir/Madam
    I want to know the eligibility criteria for Assitant prof, Associate Professor and Prof. whether the PhD submitted have any consideration?

Anil 7893 Array

Dear friends…… ..

Here i am giving the minimum eligibility rules for assistant professor job as per UGC

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

You must have passed in master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized institutute And you must have cleared exams like NET conducted by UGC or CSIR or other similar tests like SLET/SET and candidates with Ph.D degree are exempted for above 2 criteria's and can apply for the post of assistant professor job.So , if you need to complete your Ph.D for the above job.

All the best

senthilannauniv Array

I have received under graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Government College of Engineering, Salem (first class) and Post Graduate Degree in Computer Integrated Manufacturing(CIM) under the faculty of mechanical Engineering (first class) from College Of Engineering, Guindy, Both institutes are approved by AICTE and run by Government of TamilNadu. Also secured 94.5% gate score. Worked as AP for 11 year in a self financing college.Recently TamilNadu gov conducted test for recruitment of AP.I secured first rank in my caste and stood 4th rank in overall merit list.But i am refused.I went for court regarding this issue. For completing the case early i need better advice.

shine.com Array

Hello my dear Dude ...

A.I.C.T.E --- ALL INDIA COUNCIL FOR TECHNICAL EDUCATION

Kinldy follow the below eligibility criteria

You must be an Indian Citizen

You must have a POST GRADUATION in the Relevant Degree

Or else First class Bachelors Or Masters Degree in the appropriate branch of engineering / Technology

If you have 1- 2 years experience then it will be VERY ADDED ADVANTAGE

You must be a Good Speaker

And have the Good Knowledge concepts on " Core Subjects "

You must not have Backlogs

And you need to Submit your ORIGINALS to the Institution when you join

So Have an Experience in Teaching

GOOD LUCK

sbhat Array

Eligibility as per AICTE to become an Assistant Professor:

1.Need's a P.G. degree from the UGC approved University having minimum 55% marks in the respective stream.

2.To get the Lecturer ship in Govt.colleges NET eligibility is highly solicited.

3.Nationality: Indian.

Govt.college professor/lecturer draws salary under the UGC scale.

***NET(National Eligibility Test)this entrance exam is conducted by UGC 2 times in a year.
    ***The NEt score card validity is 2 years.
    ***A recognized PG degree holder having minimum 55% marks can crack NET.

Thank You,

Mr.N Arora Array

AICTE NORMS & REGULATIONS FOR ASSISTANT PROFESSOR(ELIGIBILITY):-

1.A Post Graduate from the recognized University having minimum 55% marks in any stream.

2.Candidates should have the UGC NET /SLET score card for the said purpose.

3.Should have a B.ED certificate to get the post within the AICTE norms.

4.Candidates having PH d deegree is exempted from NET/SLET score card.

5.NET(National eligibility Test) is conducted by UGC 2 times in a year.

6.SLET(State Level Eligibility Test): This is the state level test conducted within the state for higher education
    teachers.

7.NET score card is indispensable for the Govt. college lecturer ship.

Thank You,

RAVI RAJ100 Array

Dear friends...
    i am giving the minimum eligibility rules for assistant professor job as per UGC ,here

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

You must have passed in master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized institutute And you must have cleared exams like NET conducted by UGC or other similar tests like SLET/SET and candidates with Ph.D degree are exempted for above 2 criteria's and can apply for the post of assistant professor job.So , if you need to complete your Ph.D for the above job.

thanks,

pradip kumar Array

hello friend ...

as per AiCTE TERM AND REGULATION MINIMUM critria for become assistant proffesor is

1.need a p.g. degree from approval university with 55% minimum marks

2. to get the lecturer -ship in government college net eligibility is required ..

thanks

Unregistered

hai.

I completed MCA in 2012. I am eligible for assistant professor post in any college

Unregistered

sir i have finished my UG EEE and M.tech in remote sensing belongs to civil dept, i m in cross major, can i eligible for teaching position or can i work in eee or civil dept

violent viper Array

Hi,

Your qualifications are enough to make you an assistant professor in any engineering college.

AICTE norms for the recruitment of Assistant Professor in engineering college -B.Tch / B.E. with first division from a recognised university.

M.Tech / M.E. in the appropriate branch of engineering from a recognised university.

Certainly postgraduate candidates with 1 or 2 years of teaching are preferred by the colleges

Thank you...

shars Array

Hello,

as per aicte norms, for the assisstant professor post following is the eligibility criteria:

@must completed bachelors degree with 55% aggregate .
    @degree from a recognized university.
    @must completed pg as you are b.tech you have to complete m.tech with 55% marks.
    @for assisstant professor post you have to qualify net exam conducted by central.
    @for appearing for net exam you have to complete your pg either last sem student are also appear for net.
    @if you qualify net you are eligible as assisstant professor in any engineering colleges.
    @if you get very good rank you can go for junior fellowship programme.

@ugc net exam conducted every year by aicte. In december and june months.
    All the best

mxsiva4u Array

Dear ,

In order to become an Associate Professor in any recognized university, one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
    • Must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.
    • Must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.
    • Must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission.
    The National Eligibility Test for Lectureship is conducted in the month of June and December every year and for more information regarding the test, you may refer to www.ugcnetonline.in

In order to be considered as Professor in Universities and Colleges in India, one must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
    • Must have done exceptionally well in the Bachelors as well as Masters level in relevant discipline.
    • Must hold a minimum of 3 years of experience as Assistant Professor in a recognized university or College.
    • Must hold a PhD degree in relevant discipline.
    Thank you...

pnvgk Array

Sir I got Second class in Btech Then I was qualified in GATE and joined in MTECH in NIT
    I got 64% but due to supplementary exams University gave second class for 64% to me
    So Finally I got second class in BTECH and 64% in MTECH(but second class)
    So Kindly tell me, Am I eligible for lecturer post in ENGG college

Unregistered

Hi,
    I have completed B.Tech in EEE(Electrical and Electronics) and M.Tech in CSE(Computer Science) . I would like to teach in Computer Science department. Will i be eligible ??? Plz help .

Thanks,
    Anu

Unregistered

Assistant professor in MBA college?

I have done my MBA(PGDM) from a college which is among the top 10 in India
    Then I have done my PGDHRM now from a Central university
    I have 2 yrs of Industry experience
    Then I have 4 yrs of training experience for top corporates and institutes & colleges (Total 6 work ex)
    Training certifications & workshops attended from good organizations

But no NET, Is it still fine to get qualified for Assistant Professor? Or will I be in Senior Lecturer?I am getting mixed feelers

Unregistered

Is MCA passed student eligible for Assistant Professor in IT or CE engineering college ?

james786 Array

Hi,,,

You must have passed in master's degree with 55% marks from a recognized institutute And you must have cleared exams like NET conducted by UGC or other similar tests like SLET/SET and candidates with Ph.D degree are exempted for above 2 criteria's and can apply for the post of assistant professor job.So , if you need to complete your Ph.D for the above job.

Must have done exceptionally well in the Bachelors as well as Masters level in relevant discipline.
    Must hold a minimum of 3 years of experience as Assistant Professor in a recognized university or College.
    Must hold a PhD degree in relevant discipline.

>> I hope this information are more useful

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

Is a candidate with MSc B.Ed Physics eligible for Assistant professor post in engineering college for S&H Department?

Unregistered

Hello Sir,
    What is the minimum eligibility/qualification for assistant professor as per AICTE regulations ?

A Utkarsh Array

Yes you are eligible for the assistant professor post in any engineering college.....
    Here I am explaining all the criteria required to be eligible for this post..
    - First criteria is that the candidate must have completed his masters degree from a recognized university..
    - He must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in the masters degree examination- He must have qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship conducted by UGC...

These are the basic criteria for applying to this post but during the selection process
    the candidate with a PhD degree and work experience of one or two years generally get preferences......

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?