ARIVUMANI JENIFER S Array

Eligibility for Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering/IT department of Engineering college?

hello sir.. i qualify MCA & M.tech(cse) both 1st class. am i eligible for working as assistent professor in dept of computer science & engineering/IT in engineering college s ? pls reply soon. Thank you

Unregistered

Re: Eligibility for Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering/IT department of Engineering college?

I have done BE CSE from shivaji university and now I got addmission in for ME computer network.
    will this change of stream will affect me If I join lecturer in shivaji university?

sreeswami Array

Re: Eligibility for Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering/IT department of Engineering college?

Hello Sir......

You are definitely eligible for joining as a lecturer in the Computer Science and Engg.

As according to AICTE norms,the minimum eligibility criteria to join the engg department as a faculty, is to have a first class M.E/M.Tech degree in respective engineering trend.

You are eligible to join as a faculty in both departments -MCA and Engineering.

Thank you

ALL THE BEST............

Raj@08 Array

Quote Originally Posted by ARIVUMANI JENIFER S View Post
    hello sir.. i qualify MCA & M.tech(cse) both 1st class. am i eligible for working as assistent professor in dept of computer science & engineering/IT in engineering college s ? pls reply soon. Thank you
    Hello,
    you can surely enter into this profession, and it will depend on university as they will take you as lecturer and after 3-4 years of experience they will make you AP..
    Till that time you can enroll into P.Hd and give NET exam...
    You have all qualification to become AP, only lacking is experience...

All the best for the bright future...

Raj@08

aalarif Array

yes,sir you are eligible for doing Assistant Professor Job in any engineering colleges in the department of CES/IT.because you satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria-

1) the candidate who have a B.Tech/M.Tech degree in any discipline(IT/CSE/ECE/MECH/CIVIL) with First Class result from a recognized university is eligible to apply for the post.

2) the candidate who have a post graduate degree in any engineering subjects with First class are also eligible to apply.
    3) the candidate having Ph.d degree with 2-3 years of teaching experience are also eligible to apply .

so,sir since you have MCA and M.Tech in CSE,you are eligibile to apply for the post of Asst. Professor in CSE department.

hope it answers your question.

aalarif Array

no,sir there wont be any affect on your job qualification eligibility,because the minimum eligibility for the post of lecturer required as per AICTE norms are given below-
    1) the candidate must complete B.E/B.Tech degree in any engineering discipline with First Class from recognized University are eligible to apply.and
    2) There is no age limit for applying for the post of lecturer.
    so,sir,you can see that you are clearly eligible for the lecturer post.
    hope it answers your question.

Unregistered

sir i have done B.E(I.T) and M.E(I.T) am i elligible for the post of Assistant professor in Computer Science and Engineering Department.I heard that M.E(I.T) is not elligible to work in computer Science and Engineering Department.Pleaze Clarify my dout....thanks

Unregistered

i have done MCA with 70% and i m software developer in company.so am i eligible for Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering/IT department of Engineering college?

Unregistered

sir i did mca in correspondence with first class whether i\'m eligible to work in college?

Unregistered

sir I have completed M.Sc in computer science and now i am doing M.Tech in computer science . Am i eligible for the post of asst. professor in mca department?

mahi4mk Array

HELLO.............. FRIENDS,
    You say that about Eligibility for Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering/IT department of Engineering college
    yes,You are definitely eligible for joining as a lecturer in the Computer Science and Engineering
    you join engineering department exam . you have must first class M.E/M.Tech degree in engineering field according to AICTE
    You have to eligible to join in both departments -MCA and Engineering.you have to go for professor and they will take you as lecturer and after 3-4 years of experience
    WITH REGARDS MAHI GAUR................

arpita_31 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    sir i did mca in correspondence with first class whether i\'m eligible to work in college?
    Hello,
    For becoming assistant professor in IT or CS regular M.Tech Degree with NET qualified and Pursuing P.Hd with minimum 7-8 years of experience.
    Correspondence degrees would not work for you, you can become research associate with it but not AP..

All the best
    arpita_31

arpita_31 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i have done MCA with 70% and i m software developer in company.so am i eligible for Assistant Professor in Computer Science & Engineering/IT department of Engineering college?
    Hello,
    MCA degree is not enough to become assistant professor, there is requirement of clearing NET exam with minimum 8-10 years of experience and also at least pursuing P.Hd...
    With these qualifications you will surely attain success in education industry, with adding published research papers on your name, you will become professor and then guide..

All the best
    arpita_31

Unregistered

sir, I have done B.Tech IT(second class) in Amrita, and i have also completed M.Tech IT with 78%. am i eligible to apply for the post of the assistant professor in engineering colleges?

Unregistered

i finished my m.c.a,now i finished my m.e in cs. whether i am eligible for working in eng college for the post of asst.professor as per AICTE norms

SKY.BHALODI Array

Yes you can eligible for the post pf like assistant professor because for the assistant professor job one have to fulfill the below criteria.
    -> one have done their M.Tech in CSE from any recognized university .
    or
    ->one have done M.C.A. from any recognized university .
    or
    -> one have done their ph.d in CSE .

As you done M.C.A. as well as M.Tech so that you are eligible for the post of assistant professor .

So start the preparation for the interview and apply for the job .

best of luck

Unregistered

i completed MCA in distance mode . i worked as Test engineer for 4 years and i have 6 years Teaching experience in Degree & MCA classes . now i want to do the MTech(CSE). if i did MTech am i eligible for Ast .Profissor in engineering colleges to take the BTech Classes.

Unregistered

i have done MCA and M.phil.i want to know that m i eligible for ast.professor in department of cs in any college according to act 28 of ugc?

Unregistered

i have done MCA with 56% from ignou and i have 5 years teaching experience.am i eligible to apply for the post of the assistant professor in colleges?

ss28626 Array

Hello Sir......

You are definitely eligible for joining as a lecturer in the Computer Science and Engg.

As according to AICTE norms,the minimum eligibility criteria to join the engg department as a faculty, is to have a first class M.E/M.Tech degree in respective engineering trend.

You are eligible to join as a faculty in both departments -MCA and Engineering.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    The minimum eligibility criteria need for being an Assitant Professor of any AICTE/UGC affiliated engineering college is M.Tech from any recognizing University in the applied Subject.
    Some college may introduce some extra criteria of Ph.D or experience of two years.
    All the best.

Varam Array

Yes, you are surely eligible to work as Assistant professor.

The eligibility required to apply for Assistant Professor posts in Engineering stream is B.E/B.Tech Or M.E/M.Tech with first class from recognized university.

As you have qualified in first class M.Tech you are 100% eligible to apply for Assistant professor posts in C.S.E and I.T.

Pay Scale is Rs. 15600-39100 with AGP of Rs.6000 for Assistant Professor.

Unregistered

Sir I am AMIE EEE and I completed my M.E CSE and I have 3 years Engineering experience did i eligible to work in engineering college as assistant professor

mahhiads Array

Hello Friend,

Eligible Criteria For Lecturer :

1. Passed Engineering In 1st Division From The Recognized University.
    2. Passed M.Tech/M.E. Degree In 1st Division From The Recognized University.

Eligible Criteria For Assistant Professor As AICTE Rule :

And When You Got The Experience In Teaching Line And You Also Do The Ph.D Than You Got Nice Package And Higher Post In College So Also Try For Ph.D Because After Ph.D You Also Apply For Government Engineering Colleges As Professor, Assistant Professor....

And Also Read The Attachment For More Info About Pay scale etc.........
    Attached Files

T.APARNAREDDY Array

HAi Friend..,

-->>> Yes.,You are definitely Eligible for joining as a Assistant Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering/Information Technology Department..,

>> Now a days.,The Candidates who completed the Bachelor Degree in Engineering as Joining as a Lecturer Post in Engineering Colleges UDe to the Vast Growing of Engineering Colleges.,

-->> The Eligibility Criteria for the Assistant Professor are :--

-- The Candidate must have passed Masters Degree examination from a recognized university in the subject you would like to teach.

-- The Candidate must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the masters degree examination.

-- The Candidate must have qualified NET(National Eligibility Test) for Lectureship conducted by University Grant Commission..,

>> SO Definitely You are Eligible for the Assistant Professor Job in Engineering Colleges..,

..............GOOD LUCK...............

Unregistered

can i join as assistant professor in engineering college if i completed my MCA regularly.now i am doing bca in mg university

Unregistered

Sir i finished MCA and pursuing ME CSE.For the next academic year,am i eligible for the post of Assistant professor in Engineering Colleges as per AICTE norms?Kindly reply.

Unregistered

Sir ,
    I finished MCA with Distinction and pursuing ME CSE.Am i eligible for the assistant professor job for the next academic year??

megh@ Array

The candidates who wants to enter the teaching profession in the engineering colleges should fulfill the eligibility criteria according to the AICTE norms.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

>>There is no age limit.

>>The candidates should have Bachelor/Master degree in appropriate branch of Engineering or Technology along with Ph.D.
    OR
    >>The candidates should have passed Master level with 60% marks and Ph.D degree.

>>The candidates should have experience of 3-5years.
    Attached Files

randhirk.rk Array

Eligibilty for the Assistant Professor Jobs in Engineering Colleges as per the AICTE norms is;

BE/BTECH Pass
    and
    ME/MTECH pass

Also the candidate must have scored Minimum m60% marks in Either BE/BTECH or ME/MTECH

Also your BE/EBTECH and ME/EMTECH should have bneen done in Computers or IT

So, If you meet the above eligibilty , than Yes, you can apply for the Asst professor jobs

Unregistered

Thank you.I hope i will be eligible for the post of lecturer.Is there any problem will arise due to MCA to ME CSE and opt for lecturer?Kindly reply

Sadaf yasmin Array

If you want to join any university or college's as an assistant professor you will have to crack National Eligibility Test conductedby university grant commission often referred as UGC.Since you have completed masters degree program in computer science you will be considered eligible to take the test provided you have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam. Candidates belonging to SC/ST category are considered eligible even after scoring a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam.As soon as you qualify National Eligibility Test you will be able to apply for the position of assistantprofessor in universities and colleges located any where in India.

Unregistered

Sir,
    I finished my B.Tech(Information Technology)., during 2011, now i\'m going to complete my M.E(Embedded Systems)., with in few days, my big confusion is my U.G degree under IT department and P.G degree under ECE department, if I apply for asst.prof means am i eligible in ECE or IT department ????

Unregistered

i have completed msc(software engineering-Integrated course-2009) and M.E (Software engineering-2012).now i am working as an assistant professor in self -finance engineering college. As per AICTE and Anna university norms i am eligiable to work as an assistant professor in computer science and engineering department. i have completed both degree in anna university affilicated college. now the anna university norms said before 2009 M.E completed person is eligiable. AM totally confused please answer my question.

Unregistered

R.Vinodha

i have completed M.sc (Software engineering-integrated)& M.E (software engineering). am i eligible to work as an assistant professor in engineering college in department of CSE. I want to know about anna university and AICTE,UGC norms.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?