Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in IAS exam at the age of 25 years having MCA degree?

Sir/Mam,I have done BCA and after that I have done MCA. I just want to give the IAS exam but I am confused that whether I am eligible for IAS Exam or Not. My age is 25yrs. So, please tell me that whether I can give the IAS exam.Thanks,RegardsJyoti K Sharma

randhirk.rk Array

Re: Eligibility to appear in IAS exam at the age of 25 years having MCA degree?

UPSC conducts the IAS exams or you can say Civil Services exams each year.
    This exam is held to fill posts in 24 departments like IAS,IPS,IFS.
    You get the posts depending upon the Rank you get in the entrance tests.

ELIGIBILTY:
    Graduation Pass in any stream from a recognised college

AGE- Minimum -21 years
    Maximum-30 years
    OBC candidates can apply till the age of 33 years
    SC/ST candidates can apply till the age of 35 years

Number of Attempts- 4 for general candidates,
    7 for OBC candidates
    No Restriction for SC/ST candidates

This exams is held in three stages-Prelims, Mains and Interview

Next Prelims will be held in May 2013

Since you are a Graduate and below 30 years, so YES you can apply for the UPSC Civil Services Exams

Nathan Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sir/Mam,I have done BCA and after that I have done MCA. I just want to give the IAS exam but I am confused that whether I am eligible for IAS Exam or Not. My age is 25yrs. So, please tell me that whether I can give the IAS exam.Thanks,RegardsJyoti K Sharma
    INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service Exam this exam is conducted by Civil Service Commission under the Union public Service Commission and this exam is conducted by every year .If you interest to apply this exam you should be have the below eligibility Criteria's.

Eligibility Criteria For Civil Service Exam:-

~~The Candidate should be Complete the Bachelor degree or Master Degree in any stream from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark for this examination and final year candidates also eligible for this exam but the Candidate should be submit the Course Completion Certificate in to the Office.

~~The Candidate should be Citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.

~~The General Candidate age Limit should between 21 to 30 years and for the Other Backward Candidate age Limit Should between 21 to 33 years and for The SC/ST Candidate age Limit Should between 21 to 35 years.

~~The Candidate should be Physically fit for this examination.

If you have this eligibility Criteria's you definitely Eligible for the Civil Service Exam.

And this exam is Conducted by three stages there are.

>>Preliminary Exam
    >>Written Main Exam
    >>Interview

For More Details About the Civil Service Exam please Visit Here

http://WWW.UPSC.GOV.IN

Badshah Array

• In order to become IAS officer, you need to appear in Civil services exam which is conducted by the union public service commission i.e UPSC..
    • IAS refers to Indian administrative services. It is one of the highly designated and reputed post.
    • You must have completed graduation in any stream from an recognised university to appear in this exam.
    • If you are a General category students then your age must be between 21years- 30years.
    • If you are a Obc category students then your age must be between 21years- 33years.
    • If you are a sc/st category students then your age must be between 21years- 35years.
    • So you are eligible to appear in this exam.

learn Array

Full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Service'
    it is the administrative civil service of the Government of India

its exam s conducted by UPSC once a year
    and is also quite difficult

eligibility for this exam

you must have bachelor's degree in nay field from a recognised board
    candidates appearing for final year are also eligible

age limit

21 to 30 years

upper age limit is relaxed in some cases
    3 years for obc
    5 years for sc/st
    10 years for PH

no of attempts
    4 attempts for general
    7 attempts for obc
    no limits for sc/st

procedure for selection

preliminary exam
    mains exam
    interview

exam pattern

IAS Exam comprises of two successive stages:

1.Preliminary Examination:
    It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

2.Main Examination:

It consists of written examination

Preliminary Examination

it has of two papers:

Paper I -- General Studies of 150 marks
    Paper II -- An Optional subject of 300 marks

Main Examination
    It Consists of the following papers:

Paper I - One Indian language of 300 marks
    Paper II - English 300 marks
    Paper III - Essay 200 marks
    Paper IV&V - General Studies 300 marks each
    Paper VI-IX - 4 optional subject papers each 300 marks for each.

sumansin Array

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

IAS is a very reputed government job.

The civil service exam conduct by upsc every year for selecting those candidate who want to become an IAS officer.

To apply for IAS exam candidate must hold graduate degree in any stream from recognised university.

Age of candidate should be minimum 21 and maximum 30 years.

Relaxation for obc is 3 year , sc/st is 5 year, pd 10 year.

General candidate can appear 4 time only in this exam, OBC candidate can appear 7 times.

No limit for sc/st/pd.

Selection on the basis of Prilims exam, Main exam and Interview.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    You are eligible for IAS exam if you have fulfill the eligi.
    bility criteria.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS
    * Candidate must be a citizen of India.
    * Candidate should have pass Bachelor's degree in any recognizing university with following subjects
    Mathematics,Physics,Chemistery,Statistics,Zoology, Botany
    or BE/B.TECH in any branch of engineering or any equivalant degree.
    * Candidate must at least score 50% in graduation.
    * Age limit must be within 21-30 years.
    You are eligible for IAS if you score more than 50% in BCA.
    SELECTION PROCEDURE
    * Priliminary Exam.
    * Final Exam.
    *Interview.
    All the best.

Rama Devi Array

Hai

As your 25 years old your eligible for IAS exam

-> General category candidates are allowed up to 30 years old
    ->OBC category candidates are allowed up to the age of 33 years
    -> SC,ST candidates are allowed up to the age of 35 years

-> As MCA graduate your eligible as graduation is the minimum qualification required for Civil exam

So,there is no problem with your age,qualification for civil service exam

niceday Array

For appearing in the IAS examination, one should be a graduate in any discipline. Since you are MCA, you can very well appear in the test. As far as the age is concerned, the Age limit is from 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. So you are eligible from that angle also.

The next step you have to see is the notification for IAS examination which usually comes in the month of February ever year. The test is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The Preliminaries will be conducted in May and the final interview will be during November same year. Test is in three parts.

Preliminaries

Mains

Interview.

You may be aware that the examination is very tough and not possible to crack by ordinary aspirants. Out of more than five lakh candidates who attempt the exam, only 850 to 900 could possibly cross the border and succeed. So keep this fact in mind and work hard in the proper direction. Coaching is a very helpful so it is necessary to succeed . The exam needs lot of preparation and hard work. So prepare yourself and work hard. The hard word work will definitely pay back in the days to come.

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

You can apply easily in IAS exam and You have done MCA no problem you can give IAS exam.Some eligibility

criteria for IAS exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC .Its a civil service exam and IAS stand for Indian

administration service.

ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS :-

You should be complete graduation with 60 % marks any discipline university.

You must be Citizen of Indian.

Your age limit 21 to 30 years ,OBC -33 and SC-35 years.

You can give 4 times IAS exam and OBC -7 times and SC no limits.

EXAM PATTERN :-

GOOD LUCK

SCORPION KING Array

Dear Friend,

Yes, for sure you can appear for IAS Exam.MCA Degree Holders of Age 25 years are Eligible to appear for IAS Exam

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission of India) conducts CSAT(Civil services Aptitude test) a New pattern likely to be followed by Civil Services Exam 2013.
    This Exam is Popularly known as Civil Services Exam conducted to recruit candidates for Civil services post like IAS,IFS,IRS,IPS etc.

Eligibility for IAS

You Should be a Graduate/Post Graduate in any disciple from a recognized university or you must be in final year course of such course.

Age Limit

Age should be in between 21-30 years for GEN Category

Age should be in between 21-33 years for OBC Category

Age should be in between 21-35 years for SC/ST Category

Number of Attempts

Gen = 4 Attempts

OBC = 7 Attempts

SC/ST = No Limit

Selection Procedure

It is divided into 3 stages::
    • CSAT(IAS Pre)
    • IAS MAINS
    • INTERVIEW
    Exam Pattern

CSAT(Pre)

IAS MAINS

Important Dates

For More Information Visit::http://upsc.gov.in/

megh@ Array

Yes, you are eligible to take the IAS exam.

IAS is Indian Administrative Service. The exam is conducted by UPSC once every year. The exam is one of the most toughest exam in India.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>>AGE:General candidates-> 21-30 years
    SC/ST candidates-> 21-35 years
    OBC candidates-> 21-33 years.
    >>EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidates should have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university. There in no minimum percentage needed.

>>NATIONALITY: The candidates should be Indian citizen.

EXAM PATTERN:

>Preliminary Exam
    >Main Exam
    >Interview
    You need to select any 2 optional subjects from the given list and there is no rule that the candidate need to select his graduation subject only. You are free to choose any 2 subjects.

You can check the official website for more detail http://www.upsc.gov.in

Varam Array

Yes, you are eligible to give IAS Exam.

IAS means Indian Administrative Services.

This is a Civil service and written exam is conducted by UPSC.

Educational qualification:

Any degree from recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age Criteria:

Minimum: 21 years
    Maximum: 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST
    10 years for PWD & Ex service-men.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

Number of attempts:

General category- 4

OBC - 7

There is no limit for SC/ST.

Next UPSC Civil services Preliminary exam is on 19-05-2013.

Date of Notification: 02-02-2013.

Last date for receipt of application: 04-03-2013.

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

Eligibility for IAS Officer exam

A bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university with at least 50% marks

Age should be between 21-30 years and relaxation in age as per government guidelines

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years upper age relaxation for OBC category

You have good chance and you can apply for IAS Officer exam 2013 because you are having enough qualification according to the requirement of the UPSC Board

All the best

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

Yes, you are definitely eligible to appear in IAS Exam.

You have done BCA (Under graduation) as well as MCA (Post Graduation).

Your age is between 21 to 30 years.

You satisfy all Eligibility Criteria required for Civil Services Exam set by UPSC.

So, you can appear for IAS Exam 2013 in 19 May 2013.

Notification of Civil Services Exam of 2013 will be released on the Official Site of UPSC i.e. http://www.upsc.gov.in/ on 2 February 2013.

For appearing in IAS Exam, you must have completed Graduation from any recognized University.

You can also appear for this exam, if you are in final year of your Graduation.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3

For OBC: 7

For SC/ST: No Restriction

The three stages that you will have to clear for successfully cracking IAS Exam are:

~~> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

~~> Mains Exam

~~> Personal Interview

Some of the good books for the preparation of IAS Exam are:
    General Science for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Tara Chand, Shabnam Johry, Tanushri Saxena, Renu Kathpalia
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 241

General Studies for Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by TMH
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 900

Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper - 1 and 2 (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 777

mdjaveed Array
    H.no.1-10-28/232/77, Road no.1, N.N.Colony, Kushaiguda, Ecil Post,Hyderabad-500062

Hi Friend,

Yes, you are perfectly eligible for IAS.
    To become IAS officer you must write Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.
    You age also eligible i.e 25 years old... because for general category only the age limit is 21-30 years
    and
    Moreover you have a Master Degree and you are eligible because only Bachelor Degree is enough for IAS exam with minimum of 55% of marks

So, dear friend you are perfectly eligible for Civil service exam conducted by UPSC.

Thank you...

Ajaygupta123 Array

For becoming an IAS Officer you have the crack Civil Services Examination which is organised every year by UPSC.

As you are MCA hence you can surely apply for Civil Services examination because Graduation is the basic requirement for this exam.

You also have the be under the age limit mentioned in the notification.

For General Category age limit is 21 to 30 years.

There is 5 years age relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC Category.

So if you are according to the above criteria then you can apply for it.

The notification for UPSC Civil Services Exam has been announced and you can apply for it by visiting UPSC official websitehttp://www.upsconline.nic.in

The filling online application will start from 5th March, 2013 and last date is on 4th April, 2013 [till 11.59 PM].

The selection will be based on the CSAT, Mains Exam and Interview.

The number of attempts are limited for General and OBC Category with 4 and 7 attempts.

For SC/ST there is no such limit means they can apply till their age limit.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Mr.N Arora Array

Dear, jyoti K Sharma: Your statement shows you have the MCA degree and before MCA you have completed BCA,and 25 years old, your question whether you are eligible for IAS exam.

Dear Jyoti ji , with reference to your statement the IAS(Indian Administrative Services) exam is conducted by UPSC every year, according to UPSC the minimum eligibility for IAS exam.is must be a Graduate from a recognized University /Institution so you are absolutely eligible for the UPSC IAS exam.

ELIGIBILITY:-

1.Any graduate from a recognized university /Institution in any discipline having minimum pass marks can write UPSC IAS entrance Examination.

2.AGE: General: 21-30 years, ralaxations for OBC: 3 years,S/c S/T: years,PWD: 10 years.

3.Nationality; Indian,

4.Attempts: General: 4 times, Obc: 7 times ,S/c S/T & PWD: 10 years.

Before applying for UPSC IAS you are to see above points......visit for details http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,

SK1 Array

YES, you are eligible to apply

UPSC conducts the Civil Services exams in three stages.
    The first stage that is Prelims will be held on 26th May 2013

You can fill the forms right now
    Last date to apply is 4th April 2013

Eligibilty to apply:
    Graduation pass in any Stream

AGE- Minimum 21 years
    Maximum 30 years
    Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

ATTEMPTS- General candidates- 4 times
    OBC- 7 times
    SC/ST- No such restriction

mk.gohel Array

Dear friend,

Any degree from Recognized Universities....

Final years student also apply for it....

citizen of india...

Age Limit:-

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category(For OBC category : up to 33 yearsFor SC/ST category : up to 35 years)

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4 , OBC - max. 7. , SC/ST - No limit..

Exam Pattern:-

Prelim Exam
    Main Exam
    Personal Interview
    CSAT+2011.JPG

All the best.....

ashwak Array

Qualification to apply for the IAS exam :- GRADUATION , From any Recognised University
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, as you have completed MCA , there is no problem here . You can apply for the exam .

Generally , for the OC Category candidates , age should be in between 21-30 years only
    For the OBC category candidates, age should be in between 21-33 years
    For the SC , ST category candidates , age should be in between 21-35 years
    The candidate should be a citizen of India

As you clearly mentioned that , your age is now 25 years , so here also no problem for you .

Therefore , you can apply for the IAS exam now .

For the IAS exam ,there is restriction in Number of attempts

OC Category candidates = 4 attmpts only
    OBC category candidates = 7 attempts
    SC , ST category candidates = Unlimited number of attempts , All are valid , if and only if the candidate's age is below 35 years

Selection Process :-
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

1) Preliminary Exam
    2) Main exam
    3) Interview

The IAS exam will conduts by UPSC of India

vikasjha39 Array

HI!
    After passing B.C.A you are eligible for I.A.S exam.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S. once in a year.

QUALIFICATION:- Graduation with any stream from recoginised university..
    Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination
    but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

AGE LIMT:-

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over
    30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

NATIONALATY:-
    Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.

There are three stage of selection:-
    > Prelims Exam
    > Mains Exam
    > Interview

IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2013 Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
    Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
    Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
    Date of Mains exam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

ALL THE BEST!

Sen Soma Array

Yes,You are eligible for IAS exam.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam :

>>Graduation pass from any recognized university.

>>Age is between 21-30 years.

ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.

OBC
    gets 3 years age relaxation.

Condition :

>>Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Selection process :

>>Preliminary exam

>>Main exam

>>Interview

Exam pattern :

No of attempt :

>>4 for General

>>7 for OBC

>>No limit for ST/SC

You can check here for details .....................

http://www.upsc.gov.in

IAS exam conduct by UPSC.

You can apply for IAS exam.

Good luck !

anurag_1992 Array

hi dear,
    for ias the maximum age is 30 years and minimum is 21 years with 4 number of maximum attempts.
    for obc maximum limit is 33 years with 7 number of maximum attempts
    and for sc/st the same is 35 years with unlimited number of maximum attempts

and you should be a graduate or in final year of graduation.
    so as you are a graduate and well in age limit so yes you can apply for ias.

all the best.

eduforall Array

Hi,

Yes, you can give IAS exam having MCA degree at the age of 25 years.

For IAS exam, you need to be a graduate.

IAS exam is conducted by UOSC every year.

For IAS exam , you should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university.

This degree can be in any stream, in your case you are a post graduate, so you satisfy the minimum educational qualification required.

The age for IAS exam should be between 21 years to 30 years , if you belong to a general category.

If you belong to a reserved category like OBC, the it will be upto 33 yeas and if you belong to SC or ST category , then it will be upto 35 years.

The IAS exam is conducted in three successive stages.

First is Preliminray exam , also called as CSAT.

If you qualify the CSAT exam, you will have to sit for IAS Main exam.

Qualifying Main exam will take you to interview round.

You can make 4 attempts, if you are a general category,.

If oBC then 7 attempts and if SC or ST, then you can make unlimited attempts, till you achieve maximum age limit.

This year the exam is going to be conducted on 19th May 2013.

Visit www.upsc.gov.in

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?