Unregistered

Detailed information about becoming a District Collector? Which exams I have to prepare for the same?

Respected Mam11yrs. before, I had done B.com . Now, I'm 34yrs. old. I belong to Other Backward Class (OBC). I want detail information regarding District Collector. Which exams I have to prepare for becoming a District Collector of INDIA.Thanks & RegardsAnita

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Re: Detailed information about becoming a District Collector? Which exams I have to prepare for the same?

Hi Buddy,

To become a District Collector one must take Civil Services examination. By passing IAS you can become a collector. UPSC conducts Civil Service examination once every year.

--> First of all lets check whether you're eligible for applying IAS or not.
    --> The education criteria is that you must be a graduate in any stream, as you have completed B.Com it makes you eligible.
    --> Now coming to the Age limits prescribed

1. 21-30 years for General Category
    2. 3 years Age relaxation for OBC (33 years Max)
    3. 5 years Age relaxation for SC/ST (35 years Max)

--> We're extremely sorry to tell you that you have crossed your age limit.
    --> A Maximum of 33 years is allowed to candidates at the time of examination since you're 34 years by now you'll be 35 years at the time of examination, hence you're not eligible.

I'm extremely sorry as your age is beyond the age limits for applying for Civil Services examination. I hope you search for some other job of your desire.
    All the best.

@ S.Venkateshwarulu

Unregistered

Re: Detailed information about becoming a District Collector? Which exams I have to prepare for the same?

i am MA BED with english .i am 30 years old i want to be district collector so i want to know that i am eligible for that? If yes than please give the information about its exams? And when it will be held ? Avani Oza

Unregistered

i am 32 age will i appear in IAS and UPSC

hts.hora@gmail.com Array

Dear Sir,
    that all depends on the category you belong to.

The eligiblity for IAS exam is:
    You should be a citizen of India,
    You should be a graduate
    You should be physically and mentally fit.

The age limit is as under:
    1. For General category, the age should be between 21-30 years.
    2. For SC/ST it is upto 35 years.
    3. For OBC, it is upto 33 years.
    4. For physically handicapped, relaxation is upto 10 years i.e upto 40 years !!

randhirk.rk Array

see my friend you ahve mentioned your age as 32 years.
    min eligibilty criteria to appear in the UPSC exams is graduation pass and max age to apply is 30 years for general candiadtes.
    OBC candidates gets 3 years age relaxation and
    SC/ST candidates gets 5 years age relaxation.

Now if you belong to general category, you are not eligible to sit in the exam.
    But if you belong to OBC or SC/ST category youe are eligible to sit provided you have completed your graduation.

Next UPSC prelims exam will happen in may 2013.

randhirk.rk Array

You have done MA with bed and is 30 yesr old.
    Mx age to sit in the UPSC civil services exam is 30 years and 3 years age relaxation is given to OBC candidates and 5 years to SC/ST candidates.
    To become a district collector you have to clear the UPSC civil services exam and has to get the IAS job, once you are selected for the IAS you will work for 3-4 years and after that you will be posted as distrct collector.

UPSC exams for civil services are held in three stages
    prelims
    mains
    interview

Next prelims exam will be held in may 2013 and forms will come out inb feb 2013
    details will come out in employment news

Sadaf yasmin Array

Dear friend,your interest to become a district collector is really appreciableas you completed your graduation your eligible for the examfirst of all you have a desire to become IAS officer be determined till you acheive your goalto become an IAS officer you should appear for CIVILS examination conducted by UPSCfor writing this you're eligible only if you have a degree from any indian universityand you have to have the age ofmin 21 and max 30now about examits 3 stage examfirstCSATsecondMAINsthirdinterviewand you have to pass all the stages consequentlyand the notification of the examwill be out in november month of every yearfor all further details and all the updates regarding the exam you can log in to following linkswww.onestopias.comwww.upscportal.comall the best

shars Array

hello mam,

now you are not eligible for the entrance exam to become a district collector.

to become a district collector one should have to possess the following eligibility criteria:

@for becoming district collector one should have appear for the civil services exam which is conducted by upsc.

eligibility criteria:

general candidates: 21-30 years

obc:21-33 years

sc/st 21-35 years

physically handicapped candidates-21-40 years.

you must have a degree from a recognised university from any disclipline.

must be a citizen of india.

so now you are not eligible for the civil services exams for becoming district collector.

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

sorry to this you not eligible to an district collector ,because you age is more than 33 years,and also you did not write any civil service exams

if you write civil service exams ,which means indian administrative service(ias) which conducted by the union public service commission (upsc) under the control of the central government

to write this you must be an indian citizen

and you want to do any graduation degree in any course,with minimum 65 %is complusary

hope it is use full to u

good luck

sai5a3 Array

hai friend

For becoming a collector u must one must have the following requirements

first u must have to write civil service examinations, then by passing IAS u can become a collector

the IAS exam is conducted by UPSC once in an year

Requirements:

-:> you must be a citizen of india

-> u must be a graduate from any stream

->now coming to age limitations

21-30 years :-> OC students

21-33 years :-> OBC students

21-35 years :-> SC/ST students

SO sorry friend as ur age is 34 you cannot become a collector soryy dont worry....

All The Best

srinivas933 Array

Hai,To become a District Collector one must take Civil Services examination. By passing IAS youcan become a collector. UPSC conducts Civil Service examination once every year.--> First of all lets check whetheryou're eligible for applying IAS or not.--> The education criteria is that you must be a graduate in any stream, as you have completed B.Comit makes you eligible.--> Now coming to the Age limits prescribed1. 21-30 years for General Category2. 3 years Age relaxation for OBC(33 years Max)3. 5 years Age relaxation for SC/ST (35 years Max)--> We're extremely sorry to tell you that you have crossed your age limit.--> A Maximum of 33 years is allowed to candidates at the time of examination since you're 34 years by now you'll be 35 years at the time of examination, hence you're not eligible.I'm extremely sorry as your age is beyond the age limits for applying for Civil Services examination. I hope you search for some other job of your desire.Best of luck.

common Array

Hi Buddy,

To become a District Collector one must take Civil Services examination. By passing IAS you can become a collector. UPSC conducts Civil Service examination once every year.

--> First of all lets check whether you're eligible for applying IAS or not.
    --> The education criteria is that you must be a graduate in any stream, as you have completed B.Com it makes you eligible.
    --> Now coming to the Age limits prescribed

1. 21-30 years for General Category
    2. 3 years Age relaxation for OBC (33 years Max)
    3. 5 years Age relaxation for SC/ST (35 years Max)

--> We're extremely sorry to tell you that you have crossed your age limit.
    --> A Maximum of 33 years is allowed to candidates at the time of examination since you're 34 years by now you'll be 35 years at the time of examination, hence you're not eligible.

I'm extremely sorry as your age is beyond the age limits for applying for Civil Services examination. I hope you search for some other job of your desire.

All the best...........

Unregistered

i have done 12th with biology background,and graduation as BBA and now persuing MBA for masters degree.I need guidences reguarding how can i prepare for appearing civil services exams

nit.gang11 Array

If You Want to Become A District Collector, Then For this You have Required to write the Civil Services Examination that is carried out by the Union Public Service Commission. The exam has three Parts - Preliminary exam, Main exam and Interview.

Students who are appearing in this examination are required to be permanent residents of India.

And You are supposed to be atleast 21 years when You are apply For This Exams. The minimum qualification required for the candidates to apply is a graduate degree from any background.

Those who are writing their final year exams are also eligible to appear for the PSC exam. The candidates have an option to appear for the exam 4 times.

So, Please Always Read the Employment Newspaper, Because All the Necessay details of This Exams are Published In Employment Newspaper.

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,

If you are in OBC/SC candidate also eligible but you

are genral candidate sorry you are not eligible .

You apply after complete graduation and you

give UPSC exam you prepare well.

ELIGIBILITY FOR AND UPSC EXAM CRETRAI:

1. Must be complete graduation with 55% min.

2.Age limit 21 to 30years and relaxation 5years SC/ST and 3years OBC candidate.

3.You give UPSC exam.

4.You must be inmarried and indian.

you give this exam 4 times in whole life.

more information :www.upsc.gov.in

with regards mahi...

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,

You apply after complete graduation in BBA and

you pursuing MBA and you want give a IAS .

You do not mention your age.So,i give full information.

some eligibity given below;

3.You give UPSC exam.

with regards mahi...

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,
    You apply after complete graduation in BBA and
    you pursuing MBA and you want give a IAS .
    You do not mention your age.So,i give full information.

3.You give UPSC exam.
    with regards mahi...

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,

YES ,You apply after complete graduation in MA BED and

you want give a IAS .your age 30 year .

3.You give UPSC exam.

with regards mahi...

Unregistered

Hi,
    Now i am 25 age, I am doing external BTech in Mechanical Engg. Can I apply for IAS after completing My BTech. Some others telling for external or correspodence exam will not allow the IAS exams. Is it true?

siddjain93 Array

Hello friend,

Central government appoints district collectors in each district for handling various administrative purposes in a district. The district collector has various responsibilities . The district collector has to maintain law and order in his district at the same time have to handle crisis situation like floods, earthquake and drought. He even plays a very important and crucial role in development of the district. They are the highest government officials in a state.

They are responsible for handling various tasks like revenue collection, taxation and law and order maintaining. The collector should have the control of planning permission. The district collectors are appointed by central government but still they have to work under the supervision of state government.

If you want to become a district collector then you should have to appear in civil services exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission. There are three steps in this exam in which first you have to clear preliminary test called Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT). This exam is common for all posts like IAS, IPS, IFS and IRS. After clearing in this exam you have to appear in main exam and then in interview.

Eligibility Criteria-

1- You must be an Indian citizen.

2- Those who have completed their degree from central or state or deemed or open university are eligible to apply for this exam.

3- Age Limit:-

a. For General - 21 to 30 years.

b. For OBC - 21 to 33 years.

c. For SC/ST - 21 to 35 years.

4- Number of Attempts:-

General - 4

OBC - 7

SC/ST - Unlimited.

Exam Pattern:-

1. Preliminary Exam - 2 Papers of 200 marks each.

2. Main Exam - 9 Papers of total 2000 marks.

3. Interview - 300 marks.

Books to be referred-

Administrative Thinkers by Prasad and Prasad
    Public Administration and Public Affairs by Nicholas Henry
    Sociological Thought by Abraham and Morgan
    Methodology and Techniques of Social Research by Jaspal Singh
    Our Constitution by Subhash Kashyap
    Comprehensive Geography by D.R Khullar
    Physical Geography by Savindra Singh
    History of Political Thought – Plato to Marx
    Political Theory by O.P Gauba
    Indian Political Thought: Themes and Thinkers

Badshah Array

Hi guest, In order to become a district collector, you need to pass the exams conducted by the union public service comission (UPSC). UPSC conducts IAS exam, and you need to appear in it. So now it's necessary to check eligiblity criteria, in order to confirm you are able to appear or not. Firstly you must be the citizen of india. You must have the bachelor degree from an recognised university which you confirms by having b.com degree. Age limit for obc students-21 years to 33 years. Since your age is 34, so you are not eligible. Thanx

Unregistered

Sir I am 18 yrs old.Want to be Superitendent of Police. What are the requirements? I am an OBC student doing B.com.

Unregistered

I am appearing MBA in finances. i want to apply for district collector exam. and i am in OBC category. i want to know the requirement for that?

super.1 Array

>> If You Want to Become A District Collector, Then For this You have Required to write the Civil Services Examination that is carried out by the Union Public Service Commission.

>> The exam has three Parts - Preliminary exam, Main exam and Interview.

>> Students who are appearing in this examination are required to be permanent residents of India.

>> And You are supposed to be at least 21 years when You are apply For This Exams. The minimum qualification required for the candidates to apply is a graduate degree from any background.

>> Those who are writing their final year exams are also eligible to appear for the PSC exam. The candidates have an option to appear for the exam 4 times.

>> So, Please Always Read the Employment Newspaper, Because All the Necessary details of This Exams are Published In Employment Newspaper.

Unregistered

i am BA-2 student. i am 25 years old. i eger to know about phisical eligibility(age,hight,weight) for district collector

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?