Unregistered

career in management after securing 56% in 12th commerce?

hi,my name is abhishek shenoy and i have recently secured 56% in commerce in my hsc examination.i know it sounds a bit on the low side but i am seriously concerned about my career in management since i have a lot of interest in doing it.please suggest yor advice as well as the names of colleges and fees for the course

selvakumar Array

Re: career in management after securing 56% in 12th commerce?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi,my name is abhishek shenoy and i have recently secured 56% in commerce in my hsc examination.i know it sounds a bit on the low side but i am seriously concerned about my career in management since i have a lot of interest in doing it.please suggest yor advice as well as the names of colleges and fees for the course
    If your interested to Management stream then your pursue for BBA course after completing 12th standard .

BBA :- Bachelor of Business Administration . The duration of the course is for three years and the course is divided into six semester . there is good scope for BBA course in both the private as well as public sectors .

Eligibility criteria for BBA course :-

You should complete your 12th Examination in any stream from recognized university . You should score 60% percentage of marks and relaxation is given for 55% percentage of marks for sc/st candidates . Some reputed institution may also conduct entrance examination within the colleges .

MBA :- Master of Business Administration .

Eligibility criteria :-

You should be qualified in Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university or Institution or Equivalent Examination . You should score 60% percentage of marks . There is no age limit for mba course . You should crack the examination like CAT / MAT / GAMT examination .

manojkumar7864 Array

Dear Abhi,
    management is vast field. there are lot of options.
    you have to choose which sector ( finance , marketing, HR, production, banking, )
    you give your best service. focus on that thing you have to choose that particular course.
    with best wishes.

vipul chaudhary Array

well, management is not all about securing good percentage of marks it totally depend upon your interest in the field.it needs only eligibilty criteria and good communication skills .it totally depend on you how you manage yourself.for university and institute you rely on search engines...

Siddharth Gohil Array

Hiii...
    U have selected a very good stream....u can join almost all the maths coures after 12th excpt that of science stream.....u can go for
    BBA,BCA,B.COM,IT,ARTS,TRAVEL DIPLOMA,AIRHOSTESS,TECHNICAL WRITER,IAS,IPS,IFS,UPSC,ARMY,UDC EXAM,MBA,MCA, and the list never ends....so go for it...all the best....

computer477 Array

management is the best course but it ultimately depends 1.type of management college i.e IIM/XLRI or govt or simple college or private college 2.knowledge 3.speaking power and many other factors its good if u get admission in a good college otherwise u will have to struggle alot to achieve top position and good salary. good luck.

happy to help u Array

As you mention thet you are from commerce side so you can go for CA,CS,ICWA and you can also apply for BBA,BBS,BBE all these course have entrance exam and here +2 marks does not matter so you apply for any one of them they all having medium range on fee like for BBA,BBS,BBE about rs 80000 annually and CA,CS,ICWA having registration nothing else the registration costs rs 6500. so you can apply in any one of these because here not bar for marks and bright future.

ritwizb Array

You can apply for BBA,BCOM,BMM,or you can also do diploma.Or you can apply for Hotel Management course.This course is of 4 years.Once you complete your graduation you can apply for MCOM,MCA, or you can apply for MBA in human resource,in finance,in marketing,in hospitality,in administration etc.After doing these course you would get lots of opportunity.Or after graduation you can apply for Civil service exam conducted by UPSC,for Combined defense graduate level conducted by SSC,for Ground duty officer in air force,for Logistic in navy,you can also apply in combined defense service exam conducted by UPSC exam.In banks for the post like clerk & PO.After completing MBA you can apply in private companies or MNC.

KamatchiDeviK Array

Hi friend,

You can choose your UG degree for BBA/B.COM.
    so that you may have a chance to do your career in banks and government and private sectors.

Try your level best to score above 75% overall and you don't want to worry about your career.

ALL THE BEST

jituforu2100 Array

first of all i want to say u that u should leave this thinking that higher percentage have a great chance for management fields.
    skill is the very important task for the management field so if u have a skill of management then u should go for this
    u will be estimate ownself and then think
    best of luck

irasharma Array

As you are a commerce student, no need to worry after scoring 56% in your 12th standard. If you want tomake career in management, it'sbetter to complete first graduation from a good college. After that you can go for any field as per your liking- like bba,mba,hotelmanagement course,bca,mca,banking/finncing, even you can attemt for competitive courses also conducted by upsc.

Neelam Nailwal Array

Dear Friend,

As you stated you are interested in Management then you should go for BBA and after that MBA as these days cerrer in management is a good option.In management you have to choose one stream as your major stream among HR,Finance,Marketing & IT.Being commerce student you should opt Finance as the major one and if there is dual specialization then you should chosse marketing or HR as the minor one as per your interest.

To get addmission in BBA you should search out your near by Managemnt colleges as to get addmission there is no entrance exam.In good private professional colleges selection is based on merit basis.You only need to fill the forms of at least two or three colleges of your choice.

Regarding the fee structure first you should select the colleges then you should visit the college and from there you can get the information brocure or otherwise you get the same on net by serching /visiting college site on net.

Best Wishes................

Regards,
    Neelam Nailwal.............

m.khushhal Array

Hello...

Dear friend.. As in Commerce 56% is not a good marks but you not need to worry..

AS you listned "Jab jago tabhi Savera"... If you are really serious about career

Then You can make a good career from now on... You can apply For BBA

BCA, B.com etc Course... I wouldn like to suggest you to go for BBA from Graphic Era University..

And then Go for MBA... The fee of the course is 30 thousand per sem...

bipin Array

You can join BBA after 12th. Also you can complete your graduation after 12th and after that you can apply MBA.
    Detailed information of MBA is given below.

Eligibility needed for MBA:

MBA is a Pg course and for it the candidate who are wishing to join in this coursemust have completed a 3 years Bachelor degree from a recognized university with at least 55% aggregateThere is no specific age limit for this course,so you can apply for this course at any age.

Apart from all this the candidate who is wishing to join in this course must write the respected entrance exam for joining in MBA and some of the popular exams which you can opt are:

CAT - Common Admission Test

MAT - Management Aptitude Test

XAT - Xavier

TANCET - Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test Exam

BIMTECH – Birla Institute of Management Technology

wtf Array

If you have completed your 12th in commerce, then you have various career options available for you along with high job opportunities.

After 12th, you can choose BBA as your graduation career option.
    Because right after BBA, go for MBA and MBA is one of the highly demanded courses in today's world.

after 12th, you can also opt for B.com......
    after B.com...go for M.Com or MCA.
    That's an another great option.

CA is another option but you have to study a lot because its a very hard course.

You can also think about CFA, though it is very costly but offers you a secure job future.

dinesh5nov_1985 Array

Hi,
    You Have great with future with this marks because the minimum eligibility Criteria in 10+2 class is 55% for getting admission in professional bachelor degree course
    and you have opportunity to get admission in
    BBA
    BBM
    BBS
    BIBF
    BFIA
    BBE
    BMM
    B.com (Banking & Finane)

Reputed University offers in Delhi
    University of Delhi
    I P University
    Jamia Milia Islamia University
    IGNOU

After Completing you Bachelor you have opportunity to join this courses but after qualify the entrance Exam like CAT,MAT. XAT, NMAT, SNAP
    MBA
    MBE
    MFC
    MMM
    PGDBM

best of luck

ashok rks Array

After the Completion of your 12th Standard you can join in the Management Course in Undergraduate Degree like B.B.A or B.B.M

B.B.A - bachelor of Business Administration
    Duration :3Years

Eligible Criteria
    You need to complete your 12th standard in the Commerce stream for the admission of BBA
    You need to secure 40% of mark as a Aggregate in you 12th Standard

B.B.M - Bachelor of Bank Management
    Duration : 3Years

Eligible Criteria
    You need to complete your 12th standard in the Commerce stream for the admission of BBA
    You need to secure 40% of mark as a Aggregate in you 12th Standard

College for Doing the Above Course
    R.K.M.Vivekananda College
    Loyola College
    New College
    Xavier's College
    Stephen's College
    Madras Christian College
    B.S.Abdur Rahman College
    Ethiraj College
    Queen Maris College

After the completion of your Undergraduate degree you need do the PG degree in MBA

The Streams In MBA
    Human Resources
    Marketing
    Insurance
    Information Technology
    Hotel Management
    Hospital Management

vikasjha39 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    HI!
    After passing the 12th you have to do B.B.A course..

B.B.A is 3 year course

Top college offring B.B.A are:-
    > Delhi University
    > I.P University
    > Manipal University
    > S.R.M university

GOOD LUCK!

Balathegreat Array

Hi,
    Management
    is nice field and you will have a good scope in future. You have secured 56% in 12th std with commerce as your stream. That's not too low. You have passed your 12th board exam. Thus, you have enough space for your bright career path. You can go through management field after 12th std by joining in any UG course like B.com, BA in any good colleges and after finishing your UG course you must do MBA as your PG course to enter into Management field.

For joining in MBA in top level colleges of India you must appear and clear any of the competitive (Or Entrance Exams) exams like CAT, XAT, MAT, TANCET etc. The best UG course i would suggest you before doing MBA is BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration). Because this course will give you some ideas about MBA so that studying MBA will be easy for you.

subodh1014 Array

hi, dear friend ,
    the career in management is always gives a pleasure to do job in such an environment and high profile salary package as well , but management branch is not a small branch inside management their are many fields like finance , hr , marketing, etc .
    so you have to choose which course you want to do...

all the best............

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

It's good to hear that despite having less % you are serious about your career, there are various ways forward for you some of them are

B.A
    B.B.A
    B.Com
    B.B.M
    B.M.M

Since your interested into Management stream it would be good to go for BBA course after completing 12th standard .

B.B.A : Bachelor of Business Administration .

It is a 3 year course divided into six semester. There is good scope for BBA course in both the private as well as public sectors .

Eligibility criteria :

You must have completed your 12th Examination in any stream from recognized State board. You should score 60% percentage of marks and relaxation is given for 55% percentage of marks for sc/st candidates.

M.B.A : Master of Business Administration .

MBA is a two year course divided into 4 semesters. After completion of MBA you will find numerous opportunities depending upon the specialization you have chosen

Eligibility criteria :

You should be a graduate in any discipline from recognized university with an aggregate of 60%. There is no age limit for MBA course.
    In order to get admission into MBA you must clear the examinations such as
    CAT
    MAT
    GMAT

So i think by choosing BBA in Graduation and MBA in Post Graduation you can pursue your career in the field of management.
    All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

loser Array

Hello friend,

There are lots of scope in the stream of commerce stream

You have many options that you can choose as per your interest:

You can do any of the following courses just after passing your 12th exam

*B.Com Bachelor degree in commerce

*B.ba bachelor in business management

*BCA bachelor in computer applications

*BMS business management studies

*HM hotel management

you can go for jobs in the following sectors :

*BANKS
    *SOCIAL SERVICES
    *CIVIL SERVICES
    *JOURNALISM
    *MASS COMM
    *ANIMATION
    *CLERIKAL JOBS
    *TEACHING JOBS etc

All the best...........

subham21 Array

Dear friend,
    career is management is very good ,much more salary & lots of enjoyment in work.after 12 th do bba or bbm for 3 years.
    Then go for mba in hr,marketing or finance & u have much better life with much salary.in mangement u have to manage junior members working under u & get best result by guiding them.it is a top job but really interesting...........

Balathegreat Array

Yes. You can surely go in Management side. For entering into management field the career suggestion after 12th std is to join in any Under Graduation course you like to do. And after that join in Post Graduation course which is very famous and you would have known that i.e. MBA ( Master of Business Administration). MBA is a course which would help you for entering in Management field. For joining in MBA the eligibility criteria required is that you must have finished your Under graduation course. For joining in any Under Graduation course just pass in 12th std is enough. As you have passed your 12th std board exam with 56% you can join in any UG course and after finishing that you can join in MBA. For joining in MBA there are many entrance exams conducted by the colleges offering the course. So you must clear that exam for joining in MBA. As i told above before joining in MBA you must finish an Under Graduation course. My special suggestion is that you can do BBA (Bachelor Of Business Administration) as your UG course. So that it would easy for joining in MBA course and the subjects would look alike and it would be easy to study finish MBA.

Buzz Array

If you have interested to manage the stream and then you have to follow the path of Pope after the completion of the standard 12TH. Pope: - Bachelor of Business Administration. And the duration of the session to a three-year training course is divided into six semester. There is room for a good cycle degree in both private and public sector. Eligibility criteria for the session Pope: - And should be completed on 12th examination in any stream from a recognized university. You must be registered 60% of the marks given for the relaxation rate of 55% marks for SC / st candidates. May be some renowned institutions also conduct entrance exam in college. MBA - Master of Business Administration. Eligibility criteria: - Should be qualified in the bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution or its equivalent examination. You must be registered 60% of the marks. There is no minimum age, of course, Master in Business Administration. You must spend on the examination such as the Committee against Torture / mat / GAMT examination.

Prince_Abby Array

Hello,
    As you are from commerce you can prefer for CA, ICWA, CS also you can do BBA, BBS, BBE. To opt for these courses you have to give Exams.
    12th marks does not matters only you have to be 12th passed.
    MBA is a very nice course as per the present status of it.
    Completing MBA you can expect Handsome Salary.

All the Best

adi_netgenie Array

after passing 12th commerce you will have ample jobs options
    but it is advisable to pursue higher studies or at least complete your graduation before joining any kind of job

you can do the following courses after 12th commerce :

• B.COm
    • BBA
    • Cost Accounting course
    • Chartered accountancy course
    • BCA
    • BHM

after completing these you will have much more job opportunities and options
    many more new offers a will be available for you
    you will get the chance of applying for better ranks in a company
    you can join the following companies by cracking the entrance test conducted by them ...here is a lits of the A graded companies where you may join after graduation only
    • WIPRO
    • KHAITAN GROUP
    • BIRLA GROUP
    • TATA
    • COGNIZANT
    • SAMSUMG
    • LAFARGE
    • VIDEOCON
    • AMBUJA
    • NESTLE

the sector or fields that will be available to you are

BANKING jobs
    po jobs
    railways
    air force
    NDA
    navy
    data entry jobs
    IAS
    government jobs whose entrance exam are conducted by UPSC
    Sales
    advertising

prepare hard for the examinations
    practice hard.you will get good results

ALL THE BEST!

arpita_31 Array

Hello,
    You should go for integrated BBA and MBA, Or else join some BPO (to develop your overall personality and confidence) and complete your normal graduation side by side and after some experience do executive MBA from IIM's or IMT gaziabad, or from amity as, amity has a tie - up with Genpact, where genpact sponsors MBA degree to their employees, same way other companies also do the same...

All the best.
    Arpita

ashwak Array

** First of all , you should know that , with just 12th as qualification , you are not eliglible to pursue MBA

* So, it to pusrue MBA , you must completed any degree

Here i am giving the Eligiblity criteria of MBA . you should satisfy the eligliblity criteria to puruse MBA

1) The candidate should have completed ANY DEGREE from a recognised uiversity
    2) The canddiate should have secured a minimum of 50 % in degree
    3) For the SC or ST category candidates they should have a minimum of 45% in Degree

so, you need to satisfy the eligliblity criteria

So, now after compeltion of 12th , you can join in any degree like ,

B.COM
    B.SC
    B.TECH , etc. .

later , secure a minimum of 50% in your degree

Afterwards , you can apply for the Different entrance exams to join MBA

Some are ,

1) CAT
    2) MAT
    3) NMAT
    4) SNAP
    5) ICET

Later , here i am giving some Good Specialisation which has a good future .
    you can take anyone of these specilisations

1) MBA IN I.T.
    2) MBA IN H.R.
    3) MBA IN MEDIA
    4) MBA IN INDUSTRIAL MANAGEMENT
    5) MBA IN FINANCE
    6) MBA IN MARKETING

ALL THE BEST . . .

ravikanth2027 Array

career after 12th Commerce :

CA-CPT

B.Com

B.Com Computers

B.Com A&F

BBA

CS foundation

BCA

D.Ed

LLB

BA

BS Computers

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    Yes its true that you have scored a bit less, but don't lose hope and start working for your future now, you may attempt for BBA and improve your resume with the certificates in the field you move to, Say finance then do one year diploma in finance using excel, or go for excel modelling course. you can also get the NCFM certificates with the BBA degree...
    You can also do some part time job if you can manage it with your BBA.. Experience knowledge, confidence is the only thing which matters, not your percentage, its the criteria of entering, so remember to score atleast 65% in BBA...

Then take some job experience and prepare for CAT to enter into IIM's..

All the Best
    Raj@08

Unregistered

i hv secured 55% in class 12 in commerce but i want to do bms/bbs
    is there is any way?
    if not den what i can do after 12 which should not b expensive and have good scope (good money from job)

maruthidevi Array

Hi friend,

You can choose your UG degree for BBA/B.COM.
    so that you may have a chance to do your career in banks and government and private sectors.

Try your level best to score above 75% overall and you don't want to worry about your career.

ALL THE BEST

shine.com Array

Hello my Dear friend ..

Follow the below procedure carefully

bachelor Of Commerce

Bachelor Of Business Administration

Bachelor Of Business Studies ( B.B.S )

Bachelor Of Business Management ( B.B.M )

B.Com in Computer applications

Company Secretary

Charted accountant

B.Com in Banking and Insurance

Account Executive

Law

Journalism

B.B.E

Management Executive ...

ALL THE VERY GOOD LUCK

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?