m.khushhal Array

Can we change the college after completing 1st year of B.Tech or can I apply for the lateral entry?

Can we change the college aftef completing first year of B.Tech. or can B.tech 1st year students apply for lateral entery?

Hasham Array

Re: Can we change the college after completing 1st year of B.Tech or can I apply for the lateral entry?

in most of the cases it is not possible.it depends upon the university norms whether its possible or not

if a college management has its colleges at various campuses then upon request it is possible unless a same university affiliation

please trow an email to the admissions director of the universities or contact ur principal

abikrishin Array

Re: Can we change the college after completing 1st year of B.Tech or can I apply for the lateral entry?

ya you can very well change your course as well as college immediately after finishing your first year B.E/B.TECH ,provided you finish your university exam once you are in that particular institution...as the first year is common pattern and syllabus for the engineering students who are in the under graduate category.......i know one of my friends from an other college joined as a lateral entry to my college.......in the second year

malik.sumit93 Array
    D-68/3 , ishwar Colony , Arjun park , Najafgarh , New Delhi-43

Almost cases, it is depend on the university........if you can complete your first year and want to change the college is possible at the Current University in which you read.....but changes in University is not Possible.....through this,you can Contact with Principal of your College and to the Director of University...........BEST OF LUCK.........

subodhk1014@gmail.com Array

no, you don't change your collage after 1st year b.tech . you can apply for it different collages have their university rules if they allow you to leave college than only you leave the college otherwise you have to do your full course from the college....

irasharma Array

Usually you can get transfered in another college affiliated to the same university.
    for this you will have to talk to the management/principal/dean of the colleges you wish to quit and join.

Shivakumar Array

Hello Dear...,

>>>> Yes.,You can Change the College After Completing the B.Tech 1st year.,

>>>> But you have to give the reason for the your college for what your leaving the college..,

>>>> And some colleges will ask the payment for the your seat to leave the College..,

~~~~BEST OF LUCK~~~~

ashok rks Array

Hi friend

It is possible to change the college after the completion of B.Tech 1st year by you cannot change the university because the change of university is not possible

In some colleges there ask to pay the payment for the full course and then only you can transfer your certificate from one college to another college

In some college you need to give the explanation regrading you transfer of college to college

zoey Array

i wish u cud have mentioned ur university ....but as far as i think its not impossible ...in my university i.e. the punjab technical university ,its absolutely possible to change ur college after completing one .a process that's called migration ....even under jammu university migration is possible .....so i prefer u if u r persuing b.tech under dese universities ,just fill the college migration forms n check out availability of seats in the college of ur choice bcoz u wont b migrated if seats rnt available ...

about the lateral entry ,its an option for the ppl who have pusued diploma ....an incomplete b.tech degree means no degree ....so u cant take admission unde leet seats

surbhi agarwal Array

yes it is possible to change ur college after one year provided the college u want to join from 2nd year onwards has the lateral entry option as all colleges do not provide this facility. u will have to check fot it in the college u want to join.leaving a college will not have problem but the college u want to join next must have this option.
    some private colleges provide the option of lateral entry.

EJAZ Array

For changing college its possible after 1 yr. If the university permits.
    Also getting lateral entry is tough in s.y , but one should have strong reason for this , so that u may convince the university to give u admission in s.y .
    Good luck & think carefully before u take any decision.

Balathegreat Array

No most of the colleges don't allow this kind of changes in college after finishing your first year. But that depends on your management's decision. As first year of Engineering courses commonly acts as the Bridge course some colleges allows this kind of policy. Lateral entry is not for you. They are for diploma finished students. They are only eligible for using this lateral entry and entering any engineering college from second year. So, changing of college depends upon the relationship between you and your management. Because some colleges would ask for some amount of fine money for doing this and some college managements allows this kind of things for the students who is little close to management.

param pita Array

Dear friend,the cases it is not possible.it depends upon the university norms whether its possible or not
    if a college management has its colleges at various campuses then upon request it is possible unless a same university affiliation

please trow an email to the admissions director of the universities or contact ur principal
    Yes.,You can Change the College After Completing the B.Tech 1st year.,
    But you have to give the reason for the your college for what your leaving the college..,
    And some colleges will ask the payment for the your seat to leave the College..,

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Hi Buddy,

You seem to be in some confusion because change of college after completion of 1st year B.Tech and applying for B.Tech as lateral are two complete things altogether. So, first let us know the procedure of both separately in detail.

Changing of college after 1st year completion in B.Tech is

--> It's not possible any where to change your college or branch after completion of 1 year of education.
    --> But yes you have a chance of changing if you wish to cancel your admission waste your 1 year of education and apply freshly as a new admission into B.Tech.
    --> Admission into B.Tech takes place after completion of 12th standard with MPC as major subjects.]

Applying as Lateral Entry into B.Tech

--> You can only apply for B.Tech as lateral entry student if and only if you have completed diploma course.
    --> Not all students are granted with admission you must clear the entrance exam such as ECET to apply for B.Tech as Lateral Entry student into 2nd year of B.Tech.
    --> After 10th you must go for Diploma course which is of 3 years of duration.

As both the cases in the query are completely different it's up to you to make a good decision as you haven't explained your query more precisely.
    All the best.

@ S.Venkateshwarulu

Unregistered

i am studying as a btech 1st yr stdnt in nit warangal. can i get admission in iits in 2nd yr? pls reply soon..

Unregistered

procedure to change college after 1st year b.tech to 2nd year in tamilnadu

Unregistered

i am persuing b.e in mechanical engg. first year from ragiv gandhi pridyogik vishvidhalaya,bhopal. can i get lateral entry in second year rajasthan tecnical university.

Unregistered

I got less marks in MHT - CET in which college can I take admission

Unregistered

hi this is sonam. I m in a big problem, i want to change my college as i m studying in uttrakhand technical university in b.tech 1st year and i m not satisfied with the college,so is there ny chance to change my college and get a college somewhere aroud delhi side or some other place through lateral entry in b.tech 2nd year?

chandu22 Array

hai friends

you can change your college after completing the first b.tech ,for applying a to another college you want check whether the university is same are not ,if not you can not change the college
    the university must be same to change any college is COMPLUSARY ,

suppose an example your studying in named college which affiliated to JNTUK UNIVERSITY

if you want to change the college ,you can apply the transfer certificate to your college,if it is permitted you can apply to any JUTUK COLLEGE'S, you can get the admission in any jntuk college's
    you can not apply to another university

you can change after 2 and 3 years also,it is possible,university must be same

hope this information help's you

good luck

sai5a3 Array

hai friend

Yes u can change the college If u have completed ur B.Tech first year

u cannot be able to join for lateral entry batch

the lateral entry batch is for Diploma students only

the rules are

--> u must join in different college of the same university which u are studying know

-->suppose if u are an JNTU-H student then u must only join in any JNTU-H afflicted college only

-->u cna also change the college after ur 2nd and 3rd years also

--> u must apply for an Transfer certificate

All The best

Unregistered

is it possible to get entry in bits-(pilani,goa,hyderabad or mesra), dce,nsit,daiict or lnmiit in second year/semester after completing 1st year/semester in jss noida.....plz help.... thankyou

Unregistered

CAN WE CHANGE THE COLLEGE AFTER 1ST YEAR B.E ????

ShahzadImam Array

Unfortunately it is not an easy task.
    Often in order to get your certificates back, the college will ask you for the entire course fee i.e the fee you would have paid if you stayed on for 4 years.
    You can try talking to your college administration to lower that, but that is totally at your college's discretion
    or,
    its better option to contact "Admission committee" of your state.

Unregistered

i want to withdraw my admission from a college of gbtu , and can i give next year entrace exam for better opportunity , will i college will return my aal documents back, as colleges has also provision for b.tech lateral entry. please help i am in trouble.

Manoj1 Array

Dear,It is happened only in some colleges not in Universities.Universities are accepting students from completing Diploma course.
    After B.Tech 1st year,you'll change your college or University is possible even if your recognized college have to agree your proposal.Hence,you can transform one college to another college through lateral Entry.
    Best of luck...thanks

Unregistered

can i withdraw admission after 1st year , will i get my original tc/migration and character from mtu?

Unregistered

how can i withdraw admission after 1st year b.tech , will i get my old migration and tc

mahi4mk Array

DEAR ASPIRANTS ,

Yes ,but depend you can take admission which colg

same colg easily get transfer and you give entrance exam

AIEEE exam and get admission latral entry second year

easily .....

GOOD LUCK

siddjain93 Array

Hello friend,

It is quite impossible for you get admission in other college through Lateral entry exam. You are not eligible to appear in this exam.

Only those students can appear in Lateral entry exam who have completed diploma course in engineering or Bachelor's degree in Science from any of the recognised institute. So you can not sit in this exam.

Being a first year student you should have to look for transfer options. It will totally depend on which engineering entrance exam you have appeared for. You should get in touch with the authorities concerned on the options available. In the changement of college your marks will play a vital role. Your first marks will be very important for changing of college.

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi this is sonam. I m in a big problem, i want to change my college as i m studying in uttrakhand technical university in b.tech 1st year and i m not satisfied with the college,so is there ny chance to change my college and get a college somewhere aroud delhi side or some other place through lateral entry in b.tech 2nd year?

same wid me........nw watz d procedure.......n whch colleg u want to change

Unregistered

i am 1st yr btech student from chennai institute of technology affliated to anna university . can i change to an other college after i complete my 1st year here ??

Unregistered

I am planing to shift from my engineering college to university and my college is afflicted to jntuk(vvit) i wish to join in ANU(acharya nagarjuna university) could it be possible?
    now 2012-2013 iam going to complete my 2nd year b.tech in vvit afflicted to jntuk?????

Unregistered

I am a b.tech 2nd year student studying in jntuk afflicted college(vvit) ...i am planing to join in an university for the acadamic year 2013-2014 its not jntu related its ANU(Acharya Nagarjuna university)? could it be possible?????

Unregistered

Hey friends...
    M doing my b.tech 1st year from Banasthali Vidyapeeth,Rajasthan in Electronics and Instrumentation.
    M a little unsatisfied with the university so i want to change it in 2nd year. Can i get lateral entry in any govt. collage in punjab.

please reply as soon as possible!!

Unregistered

Iam in hp university doing btech i.t. ....gosh i hate my colege frm da core f my heart......plzzzzzzz tel me cn i change it to punjab technical university????

ss28626 Array

Yes.,You can Change the College After Completing the B.Tech 1st year

u cannot be able to join for lateral entry batch

the lateral entry batch is for Diploma students only

In some colleges there ask to pay the payment for the full course and then only you can transfer your certificate from one college to another college

In some college you need to give the explanation regrading your transfer of college to college.

Unregistered

i am doing diploma in computer science ... i want to change my college...is there any choice plz help me guyz....

Unregistered

can i change my engineering college after first year on medical reasoning

er.animesh6 Array

Hi Friend,
    No you cannot change your college after Completing B.Tech in that college.
    For admission in other colleges you have to sit for Engineering entrance exam again and on the basis of that rank you have get admission in other colleges and obviously in First year.
    No it is not possible for you to join another college as lateral entry because you are not a Deploma student.Lateral Entries are for those students who have complete there 3 year deploma and join B.Tech second year by giving exam.
    Either you have to complete your B.Tech from that college or you have to get admission in other college in 1st year by giving another exam.
    Hope all the best.

EALPmember Array

Dear,

Based on your question, I believe you want to complete 1st year from 1 college and for some reasons
    you want to move to different college for next 3 years which is not possible.

The possibility of lateral entry is also not possible.

Once you take admission in a college and pay the fee then almost 90% of the fee is Non Refundable. So if
    you want to change the college in 2nd year then only way is that you have to you’ll have to take the admission
    again in 1st year of different college.

Next possibility is that if you are still in the first semester then you can cancel your admission in first college and
    You can take the admission in the 1st year of second college in Management Quota.

But as per your question, 1st year in 1 college and then getting admission in 2nd year of second
    college is not possible.

Lateral entry in 2nd year is only possible for diploma candidates and for all others,
    admission is only possible in 1st year.

Unregistered

can we change the college after completing 1st year of b.tech in UTU ?

pradip kumar Array

yes friend we can change your college after compelete 1 year ..........and can take admission under same university or it may be different also...your all subjects whis is you have to read in 1 st year must be clear ..................

Unregistered

after completing first year in b.e can i change into b.tech in a.e

chandhrasekhar Array

dear friend,
    it is not possible to change the college the after completion of first year .but there is one possibility you can the other college that is again you have to write the compitative exams and you have to apply for councelling and join the other college .but you have to do your first year again

if you are ready to do you btech first year again then you can write exams and get seat in other college

all the best for you bright future
    happy to assist you................................

james786 Array

hi,,

you should complete your course and get the exam

And witch more to it and get it

so you should complete it and he lost the exam about it

Also getting lateral entry is tough in s.y , but one should have strong reason for this , so that u may convince the university to give u admission in s.y .

The possibility of lateral entry is also not possible.

then you should try the best performance are it

Once you take admission in a college and pay the fee then almost 90% of the fee is Non Refundable.

So if you want to change the college in 2nd year then only way is that you have to you’ll have to take the admission
    again in 1st year of different college.

Next possibility is that if you are still in the first semester then you can cancel your admission in first college and
    You can take the admission in the 1st year of second college in Management Quota.

Then you complete your exam so you will do it

That's it

ALL THE BEST

Unregistered

Can I get admission to second year B.E. After completing B.Tech First year

megh@ Array

Quote Originally Posted by m.khushhal View Post
    Can we change the college aftef completing first year of B.Tech. or can B.tech 1st year students apply for lateral entery?
    Sorry Friend,
    You are not eligible to apply for the Lateral Entry Scheme if you are not having a diploma degree in any of the streams.

Being a first year candidate of B.Tech you are not eligible for Lateral Entry Scheme.

But if you want you may change your college.

The change of colleges is possible if the college you want to go also take admission through the same entrance examination your present college takes admission.

Your marks in the first year is also very important.

You may contact the college authority to know in detail.

adi_netgenie Array

NO !!! this is not possible

Important Points to be marked ====>>>>>

->You cannot change your college in the next year taking admission

->if you do so, you need to start up the graduation degree from the 1st year in that new college

->in engineering you can change streams after 1st year following certain rules and criteria

->But college change is strictly not permissible

->If you wish to change college in later years, you need to sit for entrance exam again

->with the new rank in the merit list you have to apply to your preferred college again based on which you will get the new admission

->not even as lateral entry you will be allowed admission

->If you wish to change the stream, you need to score well above 8 point on a grade scale of 10 in the first year

->It is totally upon the discretion of the college authority that whether they will permit you to change the stream or not based on your academic performance

->so if you change college after 1st year, you will loose all your academic credentials and have to start up from the very beginning again

->hope you understand the points well and all your doubts are cleared

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?