Unregistered

Can a girl join Merchant Navy? Is there any scope for girls? What are the qualification, ability and entrance exam for the same?

I am in 11th class in science stream {non med.}after 12 i want to join merchant navy so that's why i want to ask u few question related to merchant navy 1) as a girl can i join merchant navy ?2)is in there any scope for girls ?3)qualifications4)ability 5)entrance exam for merchant navy after 12th

Unregistered

Re: Can a girl join Merchant Navy? Is there any scope for girls? What are the qualification, ability and entrance exam for the same?

is spectacles are allowed in air force ?

abhi16 Array

Re: Can a girl join Merchant Navy? Is there any scope for girls? What are the qualification, ability and entrance exam for the same?

dear friend,
    yes surely girls can apply for merchant navy by
    appearing in Indian Maritime University (IMU) examination.

OR

you have to appear and qualify UPSC exam.

the criteria to attain in the UPSC exam is minimum graduation with 55% marks.

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

1. Deck Cadets Post
    2. Navigating Officers Post

Eligible for Merchant Navy course
    • Students passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.
    • Unmarried male and female Students are eligible .
    • maximum age is 20 years
    • Students of sc/st 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.
    • eyesight should be 6/6 in each eye without any visual problem.
    • but if you are going through UPSC age limit is 21-29 years.

COURSES IN MERCHANT NAVY:
    • B.S. Nautical Technology
    • B.Sc. Nautical Science
    • Deck Cadets
    • Diploma in Merchant Navy
    • Diploma in Nautical Science
    • General Purpose Rating (GP Rating)
    Some best institutes for Merchant Navy are given below;

==>Tolani maritime institute

==> Manet

==>T.S Chanakya

==>Rahaman

Avtar1 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am in 11th class in science stream {non med.}after 12 i want to join merchant navy so that's why i want to ask u few question related to merchant navy 1) as a girl can i join merchant navy ?2)is in there any scope for girls ?3)qualifications4)ability 5)entrance exam for merchant navy after 12th
    Hello Friend,
    I am sorry to say that girls are not eligible to join the merchant navy,
    Merchant navy can be joined by only boys.

BUT girls can join other civil service post by giving civil service xamination.like upsc etc

thanks

Unregistered

i have passed Xth exam. i want to join merchant navy. please guide me about that, ( Qualification, whole procedure)

aalarif Array

yes ,madam,girl can too join merchant navy.as you are from non medical science stream you can go for the technical grade in the merchant navy.
    and the qualifications required are-
    B.Tech in Marine engineering
    B.SC/B.Tech in any other branch with the 1 year technical pre-sea course
    For deck cadets course you can join after 10th certificate with the pre-sea DECK CADET course of 3 months.
    and also
    age should not be more than 20 years (on 1st September of the entry year): those belonging to the SC/ST have this rule relaxed by about 5 yrs.
    and here are some entarnce test-
    [FONT='Trebuchet MS', Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ALL INDIA MERCAHNT NAVY ENTRANCE TEST, IGNOU OPENNET-MERCHANT NAVY ENTRANCE TEST.
    thank you.
    [/FONT]

Unregistered

Hi, I want to join Merchant Navy but have few constraints-
    I'm a girl, 27 yrs old & that too from Non Med stream

Pls guide....

Unregistered

Hi- I'm a girl 27 yrs old & that too from a Non Med Stream but want to join Merchant Navy.
    Pls Guide...

Unregistered

hi- m in 12th with med stream. i jst wanna know that can i join merchant navy? if yes then what all i hv 2 do? plzzzzzzzzzzz rply....sooooon.or mail me at shivangitripathi22@gmail.com

Unregistered

HI m studing in 12th science eng medium, how can I join the merchant navy. I am a girl....plzzzzzzzzzzz reply me...........soon on my email address(farheenansari141@yahoo.in).........

Sadaf yasmin Array

Hello deardefinately you can join in Merchant Navy.girls students can join in Merchant Navy after graduation.to join in Merchant Navy, you have to appear an qualify UPSC exam.through UPSC exam, you can joinin Merchant Navy.the criteria to attain in the UPSC exam isminimum graduation in qualification with 55% marks.age limit 21-29 years.all the best....

kalyani bacchav Array

HELLO SIR....... I am sorry to say that girls are not eligible to join the merchant navy, Merchant navy can be joined by only boys. BUT girls can join other civil service post by giving civil service xamination. ALL THE BEST.........

Unregistered

Hi i m laxmi.just nw completed my gnm diploma.can i join merchant navy as a nurse.what r d exams if i m eligible for it

Unregistered

i have commerce and i have completed my inter.Do i have a chance to apply for pak navy?

Unregistered

hi i m jinal,i m in 12th right now n i want to join merchant navy ...is it possible? Plz help me..u can mail me at jennierocks779@gmail.com

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

You can give exam after completing graduation and than after crack exam you get a government job.

If you interested in Merchant navy so yes you can apply after completing B.tech and than you can apply

for merchant navy.You can apply after for merchant navy.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

YES ,girls apply also after graduation with aggregate 60 % marks in B.tech/B.sc marine engineering.

**You should be graduate.

**You should have be PCM is a main subjects.

**Your age limit should be below 25 year.

**You must be Indian.

Merchant good scope and you can get a good job and you can make good carrier in Merchant navy.

You get a good salary monthly salary 56k above and after experience you get a good package .

video:-Tips for Interview navy

GOOD LUCK

santhosh44 Array

Yes female student are eligible for merchant navy ,

Eligibility :

Education qualification :

Eligibility for joining merchant navy is class 12 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Age Limit :

Admission is open both unmarried male and female candidates but age should be less then 20 years
    and SC/ST candidates are 5 years relaxation

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

You can apply after completing B.tech degree a and you can give examination and after crack exam you

can get a good job In merchant navy and You can get a good salary in This merchant navy.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

** You should be graduate becholor degree any discipline university.

** You should have be 60% marks in B.tech .

** Your age limit should be 28 years below.

** You can apply after complete B.tech.

** You must be Indian Citizen .

SELECTION PROCESS :-

EYE VISION :-

GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

Hi, I have an interest in pak navy.I am doing I.C.S and after completion i want to join paknavy...kindly give me some details about submarine engineering aur other fields which are suitable for girls on this email adress(syedaamnarizwan@gmail.com) as soon as possible...
    THANKU.

Unregistered

HI,I have an interest in Pak Navy.I am doing I.C.S and after completion I want to join Pak Navy.I wanted to know that only indian girls are allowed in merchant fields? What is the qualification for a girl if she wanted to join this field of submarine or ships engineering?please give me some details about these fields of submarine or ship engineering,details of other fields of Pak Navy for girls and also give me the answers of my questions as soon as possible on this email i.d(syedaamnarizwan@gmail.com)
    THANKU.

Unregistered

sir i hav biology.physics,maths and chemistry in 12 th class can i also aplly for army..??// and after b.sc nursing can i apply for army //??? and how???

Unregistered

Hello, I m in 12th standard n want to join merchant navy but I\'m with biology, not maths so please kindly guide me and reply on my email atggddress i.e.little. duke143@gmail.com plz plz reply n guide me

Unregistered

hi sir i am in 11th and i need to preparation for merchant navy so how can i prepare for tha plz reply me my e-mail address is shivangisingh178@yahoo.in

Unregistered

helw.,i m girl persuin my b.tech in computer scienc..m n 3rd yr...i wana ask dat aftr graduatiön in cse , would i b elgble merchant navy or nt?

Unregistered

sir i give my 12th exam with pcmb i want to joint marchant navy. sir plzz guide me.my email is komal_60narute@yahoo.com

Anil 7893 Array

Hello friends ...................

After the completion of your 12th NDA exam is there

But girls are not eligible for this exam so, you can enter the navy through the CDS exam

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.

And Girls are apply for Officers Training Academy of CDS.

This examination conducted by UPSC Twice in a year for the Recruitment of These Academy :

>> Indian Military Academy
    >> Air Force Academy
    >> Naval Academy
    >> Officers’ Training Academy

The Eligibility Criteria are vary from Academy to Academy, But If you have completed your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University, then you are eligible for OTA.

Age Eligiblity
    ;
    >> For Indian Military Academy : 19-24 Years
    >> For Air Force Academy : 19-23 Years
    >> For Naval Academy : 19-22 Years
    >> For Officers’ Training Academy :19-25 Years.

The Selection are based on written test, Interview and Medical Test. The examination is Objective and you have to cracked these Papers in OTA :

>> English : 100 Marks

>> General Knowledge : 100 Marks

>> Total : 200 marks

Those who cracked the Written examination are called for SSB Interview for Final Selection.

So please prepare well for this examination and wait for CDS (II) Examination Notification and for more information check official website of UPSC :

http://upsc.gov.in

All the best

Unregistered

i am confused about my career because in ten i got 55.20% and facing problem to choose and there are some question to ask that i am interest in merchant navy?

james786 Array

Hi,,

After the completion of your 12th NDA exam is there

But girls are not eligible for this exam so, you can enter the navy through the CDS exam

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.

And Girls are apply for Officers Training Academy of CDS.

This examination conducted by UPSC Twice in a year for the Recruitment of These Academy :

Post in Merchant Navy for which you can apply

Deck Cadets Post

Navigating Officers Post

Eligible for Merchant Navy course:------

Students passing 12th with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics are eligible for Merchant Navy course.

Unmarried male and female Students are eligible .

maximum age is 20 years

Students of sc/st 25 years is maximum age , these categories are given relaxation of five years.

eyesight should be 6/6 in each eye without any visual problem.

but if you are going through UPSC age limit is 21-29 years.

That's it

ALL THE VERY BEST

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ...

Yeah

Of course you can apply for the exam

For that you must have a minimum of GRADUATION from a Recognized university

The minimum age must be 19 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 25 years

You must have secured a minimum of 60% in academics

You need to Write Combined Defense Service Exam

You must be INDIAN CITIZEN

GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

rite now i am doing bsc in biotechnology,this is my 1st year,along with this i am doing ncc in naval unit in my college? i want to join navy or merchant navy.And after three years i am going to apply for upsc exam.can you plz guide me further?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?