Unregistered

Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

I want to be an ias officer.I am a commerce student .can I prepare for ias exams?. If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for it .It would be fine if you can also provide the eligibility criteria for this exam ?

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Re: Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

Hi Buddy,

The answer to your question is "YES". The first and foremost qualification is that to apply for IAS examination you must have completed graduation.

Eligibility :
    The eligibility criteria for the examination is

Education : Graduation
    Age limit : Min - 21 years, Max - 30 years.
    No of Attempts : Gen - 4, OBC - 7, SC/ST - None.

Procedure to apply :

After the notification is published you must check in the site for all the eligibility details whether we're eligible or not, if eligible
    --> We should go to official website of UPSC and should fill the online application.
    --> After completion of filling the application form take a print out
    --> Go to the prescribed bank and pay the amount, take the details form the bank i.e branch code, dd no, etc..
    --> Again log in to the site fill up the payment details and complete the registration.
    --> Wait for the hall ticket and start preparing for the exam.

For further details refer to
    http://www.upsc.gov.in/
    All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

irasharma Array

Re: Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

[FONT=Tahoma]Being a commerce graduate, you can choose accountancy or statistics or management according to your choice. the completed detail of this course are-To work as a IAS officer one should take the Indian Civil Service Examination carried out by the UPSC. To apply for the Civil service examination the candidate should have a bachelor degree in any discipline. A graduate with 50% in the qualifying exam under the recognized university is eligible to apply for the exam. The minimum age required to sit for the exam is 21. The maximum age bound is confined as 30. The criteria for the IAS exam are decided by the UPSC board. [/FONT]

selvakumar Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to be an ias officer.I am a commerce student .can I prepare for ias exams?. If yes then please tell me the procedure to apply for it .It would be fine if you can also provide the eligibility criteria for this exam ?

I want to be an ias officer.I am a commerce student ?

Yes you may become an IAS Officer , Any stream candidate are eligible to apply for this Examination like, Commerce / Arts / Science , But candidates should qualified in Bachelor degree then only your eligible to apply for this Examination .

Information Regrading IAS Examination :-

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service . It's one of the civil service Examination conducted by UPSC for Every year . The Examination is divided into Preliminary Examination and Main Examination .

If your interested to apply for IAS Examination then you should complete bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . There is no minimum percentage of marks require for IAS Examination . If your qualified in Bachelor degree then your eligible to apply for IAS Examination.

Note :- Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the Examination .

Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation is applicable for sc/st candidate for 5 years and obc candidates for 3 years .

you may apply for attempt examination for four times and if your belong from obc candidates then relaxation is given for 7 times and there is no limit for sc/st candidates .

Syllabus for IAS Examination :-

The Examination is conducted Into two stages namely Preliminary and Main Examination . The preliminary Examination is based on Objective type questions with 200 marks . If your qualified in Preliminary Examination your eligible to apply for Main Examination .

The Important Notification for IAS Examination are published in Employment news paper and official website of UPSC . You may buy the Application form from the Post office in any branches ( or ) You should download the application form from online official website of UPSC .

So, If you complete graduation then your eligible to apply for Civil service Examination .

Prince_Abby Array

For Your Big question there is a answer "YES" and also i would like to butter it by saying, Commerce people are 60% of IAS are 40% are Other. Commerce People are in advantage.
    The Process is through UPSC with eligibility as 50% in qualifying exam and minimum age is 21.
    Attempts are 4/7/none for- GEN/OBC/SCST

All the Best

iGenius Array

hello buddy

yes you can apply for this.any person being graduate with any stream should be an Indian.can apply for Civil service exam.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.Since,you have completed your MBA you can definitely go through the CSAT examination.

As CSAT is one of the prestigious exam conducted by the UPSC board hence you can get the application forms from the head/central post office of your city.The test is basically held in two stages i.e preliminary test and mains.

The preliminary stage consists of two papers,200 marks and 2 hours for each exam.
    The first paper basically consists of History of India,Current events,Indian and World geography,Economic and Social development and general science.
    The second paper basically consists of English part i.e Decision making and problem solving,mental ability and basic numeracy.

hope it helps u.

good luck.

sumit pandey Array

hi,

You can appear for IAS Exam after completing graduation. The graduation can be completed in any stream. So though you are commerce student you are eligible to appear for IAS Exam.

But I want to clear you that IAS is one of the post which you will get after cracking Civil Service Exam. I am providing you information about this exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and the Civil Service Exam is Conducted by by the UPSC(Union public Service Commission).

Educational Qualifications

- You need to be a graduate from a recognized university with any discipline.
    - Even Final year students can apply for the exam

Age Limit

- You must be 21 to 30 years of age.
    - Upper age Relaxations applicable for SC/ST(5 years) and OBC(3 years).

Attempts

- The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Notifications about the exams are given in the in the employment newspapers or in official website of UPSC.

So please check the UPSC website for Complete Information - http://www.upsc.gov.in

subham21 Array

DEAR FRIEND,

A COMMERCE GRADUATE STUDENT CAN SURELY APPEAR IN IAS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION.IAS IS KNOWN AS INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE

WHICH IS CONDUCTED BY UPSC EVERY YEAR.YOU HAVE TO CRACK THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION IN ORDER TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS

1.A CANDIDATE MUST HAVE GRADUATE FROM A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY

2.A CANDIDATE IN HIS FINAL YEAR OF GRADUATION CAN APPEAR IAS EXAMINATION.

3.AGE LIMIT FOR GENERAL CANDIDATES MUST BE 21-30 YEARS,FOR OBC- RELAXATION OF 3 YEARS & FOR SC/ST -AGE RELAXATION OF 5 YEARS

4. FOR GENERAL CANDIDATE CAN APPEAR IAS EXAMINATION 4 TIMES,FOR OBC 7 TIMES & FOR SC/ST NO LIMITS

FOR MORE DETAILS LOG ON TO OFFICIAL SITE OF UPSC www.upsc.gov.in

BEST OF LUCK...............

subodh1014 Array

hi,
    dear friend,
    IAS is one of the most honored and prestigious post in india , every year their is exam held for this known as civil services exam , every year 6-7 lakh candidates appear for this entrance , and here the success rate is very low.....

you only get success by doing hard work, so keep it up , now regarding the eligibility criteria for the exam :-

- the candidate must have graduation degree with 55% aggregate marks in graduation level.
    - also the age must not be less then 21 years and not more then 30 years..

so, if a candidate fullfill the above criterias , then he/she is eligible for the entrance exam ....

so, all the best............

Buzz Array

Yes officer may become international standards of accounting, any candidate stream are eligible to apply for this examination, such as the Business / Arts / Science, but to be on the qualified candidates in the Bachelor's degree, then your only eligible to apply for this exam.

Examination of the information IAS Regrading: -

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the civil service exam conducted by UPSC for each year. The exam is divided into preliminary examination, and examination of the main.

If your interested to apply international accounting standards to check and then you must complete the bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. There is no minimum percentage of marks required to examine the international standards of accounting. If you qualified in the bachelor's degree and then qualified to apply for examination of international accounting standards.

May be the final year also qualified candidate to apply for the exam.
    It should be aged 21 years to 30 years old and relaxation applies to the SC / u candidate for a period of 5 years and OBC candidates for 3 years.
    You can apply for an attempt to test four times and if you have candidates from OBC relaxation then given for 7 times, and there is no limit for SC / st candidates.

bipin Array

Yes you can appear in IAS examination after completion of your B.Com Course. All graduates are allowed to apply for this post. So candidates with commerce background can also apply. But it is a must the candidate should have studied the same from a recognised institute.

Indian Administration Service exam is held once in year, this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

The Minimum Educational Requirement for the IAS is that you should be a graduate in any field from any recongnized University.

Your age must be between 21 to 30 years and 3 years and 5 years of Age relaxation for the OBC and SC/ST respectively.

You can only sit for IAS exam 4 times if you are from General category. 7 times if you are from OBC and unlimited times if you are SC/ST.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
    2)Main exam
    3)Inter View

For more details visit the website http://www.upsc.gov.in

Unregistered

the candidate must have graduation degree with 55% aggregate marks in graduation level is it compulsary for commerce gratuate?

Unregistered

Can a correspondence BCA graduate appear in IAS Exam? Give me full information about that Please

Unregistered

can a BCA correspondece graduate appear in IAS EXAM? Please give me information about that

Unregistered

recently i made my b.com from delhi university ..iwant to go for IAS,IPS i.e i want to go for prep of upsc....
    plz help me for the same.

i dont know more about upsc , sir can u plz elaborate that for upsc what subject i have to take.

now i am doing C.S(COMPANY SECRETARY) ..
    plz help sir....

vikasjha39 Array

hi!
    INFORMATION ABOUT CIVIL SERVICES EXAM
    IAS-Preparation.jpg
    I am happy to inform you that after passing graduation with any stream you are eligible for Civil Services exam.

QUALIFICATION:- Graduation with any stream from recoginised university..
    Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination
    but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination

AGE LIMT:-

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over
    30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

NATIONALITY:-
    Only Indian nationals are eligible for IAS and IPS.

There are three stage of selection:-
    > Prelims Exam
    > Mains Exam
    > Interview

For more detail log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!

ranjith1438 Array

Hai,Yeah yes shore you are i mean commerce students are also eligible for IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam.IAS exam is conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) Once in a year.Eligibility criteria:Candidate should be completo graduation in any stream from a recognised university.Percentage is not required for this exam. Being a final year graduation candidate also be eligible.You should be a citizen of india.Age limits is 21 years to 30 years,3 years upper age relaxation for OBC candidates,5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.Selection process:Civil services preliminary exam,Civil services mains exam,Interview.No.of attempts:4 times for general candidates,7times for OBC candidates,No limit for SC/ST candidates.For more details visit the official website of UPSChttp://www.upsc.gov.inAll the best.

Unregistered

i had completed bba can i appear for ias if yes plz tell me
    my mail id is rgnsaini@gamil.com

Nathan Array

IAS:-India Administrative Service

Yes, You can appear for IAS exam this exam is conducted by union public service commission for every year

Eligibility Criteria For IAS:-
    >>The Applicant Should be Citizen of india
    >>The Applicant should be complete the degree in any stream from recognized university and final year Candidate's also eligible for this examination and then there is no minimum percentage mark to require for this examination.
    >>The Applicant age Should be not less than 21 years and not more than 30years.
    >>Number of attempts:-General candidate for 4 attempts,OBC candidates for 7attempts,SC/ST candidates for No limit's.

How To Apply:-

You can apply this exam in Two Modes.

>>Online Mode:-You can go(http://upsc.gov.in) this website just fill up the form and send the form.
    >>Offline Mode:-You can Purchase the form in post office then you fill up the form and send this address("secretary,Union public service commission,dholpur house,shanjahan road,New delhi-110069).

For More details please visit here:-http://upsc.gov.in

aalarif Array

sir,yes a commerce student can too appear for IAS exam but only after he have completed his/her undergraduate degree in any subject or stream or is in the final year of his/her undergraduate degree too is eligible.and age should be between 21 to 30 years..and the procedure get into this is that you have to give UPSC entrance exam and need to qualify for it and then after all the physical test.

Unregistered

I am Ashish M. Joshi. I want to ask for minimum graduation percentage for attempting IAS exam. I completed BCom with 47%, so may give IAS exam ? yes or no? Please guide me and reply as early as possible. Send me your reply on my email id :- ashish4985@gmail.com ................

AKASH.BHALODI Array

Yes my friend you are eligible for the exam , any graduate student are eligible for the exam .

The eligibility criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should done their graduation from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general cast , 55% for other cast .
    -> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam .
    -> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman / physically handicapped .
    -> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

The exam pattern is below :
    The exam consist of three steps
    1) preliminary exam
    2) main exam
    3) interview

Preliminary exam consist two papers and one should pass this exam for qualifying for the next round .
    Main exam consists 9 descriptive type paper
    1-Any language
    2-english
    3-essay
    4&5-general study
    6&7-optional subject-1
    8&9-optional subject-2
    The first two papers marks are not considered but one should pass this two paper compulsory .

The final selection will be based on the marks available in Main exam plus Interview .

So you are eligible for the exam if you fulfill the above criteria .

If you are eligible then start the preparation for the exam and give it .

Good Luck

aditya singh Array

#Yes you can appear for the UPSC Civil Services Exam if you are graduate or in the final year of graduation.
    #Eligibility criteria=
    A degree from a recognised University or equivalent; also there is an age limit of 21-30 years.
    #You can apply either online or offline. For applying online visit the website www.upsconline.nic.in and for offline application you should buy the application
    form from the head post office of your district.

adi_netgenie Array

YES OF COURSE !!!!
    YOU ARE ELIGIBLE FOR IAS EXAM !!!
    am providing the detailed eligibility here for a GENERAL COMMERCE STUDENT

Eligibility Criteria

Academic Qualification
    Graduate degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Mathematics, Physics, Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university

AGE LIMIT: 21-30 years

Number of Permissible Attempts : 4

the exam consists of 3 parts

1. Preliminary exam
    2. Mains exam
    3. Personal Interview

!!Question Pattern !!

• Data interpretation
    • Basic computer knowledge
    • Assertion and reason
    • Logical reasoning
    • English
    • Analytical problems

you must start preparing early as soon as possible !!!
    For IAS English is very much required ....Apart from it you need to be good in one Language (Indian)
    Moreover you must be sharp and witted person to answer the tricky question
    You may enroll yourself in some coaching centres offering crash courses for IAS preparation

!!! Some Eminent Tutorials !!!

• Disha Competitive Classes
    • Chetana Unique Academy, Chetana College
    • Arise Brilliant Chamber
    • Altius IAS Study Circle
    • Bharathi IAS Study Centre
    • Abhyankar''s IAS Academy
    • Study Circle

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!

popeye Array

ias3.jpg

To become an IAS officer you need to have completed you graduation. So if you complete your graduation in any stream you are eligible to join IAS Exam. There is not any stream restriction. So commerce student appear in IAS exam

IAS will be done in 3 phases:

- Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
    - Main Exams
    - Interview

Age limits:

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

Relaxation is given in upper age limit as mentioned below:
    - Upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
    - Upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes(BC's)

Number of attempts:

- General candidates: four attempts.
    - Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates: No restriction on attempt
    - Other Backward Classes (OBC) : seven attempts.

IAS Exam Pattern :

ias-exam-pattern.jpg

For more information log onto this website:- http://www.upsc.gov.in

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,
    YES.You can appear for the IAS Examination.Following are the eligibility conditions and procedure for the IAS Examination,

Eligibility Conditions:
    • You must be citizen of India
    • You must have the Graduation in any stream from recognized University.
    • Your age should be 21-30 years.
    How To Apply:

You can apply for the examination through online application form which is available on website http://www.upsconline.nic.in .Detailed instruction provided on website when you fill the application form.

Examination:

Following two levels of examination conducted for IAS selection,
    • Preliminary exam
    • Main exam

You must clear the preliminary exam then only you can appear for the Main exam.The negative mark for the Preliminary exam is0.33 mark.Prepare well for the exam.

ALL THE BEST

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    IAS - Indian administrative service exams are not so easy, as you have to clear all three levels pre, main & interview in one single attempt. failure in any will lead to start from scratch...

Any graduate from any stream is eligible to give this exam, if the age is in between 21 to 30 years.
    Pursuing final year students can also appear for the written exam..

For preparation you are required to have point to point knowledge of your subject chosen, IAS paper can ask anything in relation to your subject...

Procedure to apply is based as per the notification published in the newspaper and official UPSC website....

Procedure to fill the form is same as there in other exams like banking...
    - Login to www.upsc.gov.in and fill up your profile in the registration form provided and then take the challan printout to deposit them in the bank...
    And then again log in to the website and fill up the tansaction Id/ Journal no. with branch code and branch details and then submit it.
    wait for the admit card generated, by keeping yourself updated by regularly checking on to the website...
    Remember the id and password of yours....

Start preparing for the exam and read the newspaper on regular basis...

All the best
    Raj@08

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend..,

-->>>> Yes.,Commerce Graduate Students are Eligible for the IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Exam.,The IAS Exam Is Conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)..,

>> The Eligibility for the IAS Exam are :--

-- The Candidate should be a Indian citizen.

-- The Candidates Must have Graduation/Bachelor Degree from a reconized university from any stream.

-- The Candidates must have Age
    limit for this exam is 21-30 years.,3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.,5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.,

-->> Selection Process are :--

-- The Preliminary exam

-- Main exam

-- The Personal Interview

-->> The Number Of Attempts :--

-- The 4 times for general Candidates

-- The 7 times for OBC Candidates

-- There is NO Age limit for SC/ST Candidates

-->> The Exam Pattern are :--

>> For more details You can Go through the Website :-- www.upsc.gov.in

..........GOOD LUCK...........

JAIN198922 Array

hi,
    COMMERCE GRADUATE CAN ATTEND IAS EXAM?

Yes, Commerce Graduate candidates can attend the IAS exam. The common eligibility criteria of the IAS exam is as follows,

-> Candidate should be Indian citizen.

-> Age limit should be 21-30 years as on 01.07.2012.

-> Upper age limit relaxation is there for SC/ST, OBC candidates.

-> Bachelors degree from a recognized university.

-> Four attempts for the IAS exam is possible.

-> Any more queries, feel free to leave a post in our forum..

all the best

Unregistered

my percentage is so minimum 54% can i do i.a.s (commerce stream)

raoresult Array

HELLO FRIEND ,
    IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE

ias2.jpg
    YES , you are fully eligible for giving the IAS exam ,the only need to give IAS exam is that you must have completed you graduation from a recognised university as per UGC .

age criteria for IAS entrance :->

(21-30) -- for general categorised candidates

(21-33 ) -- for OBC categorised candidates

(21-35) -- for SC/ST/PH candidates .

no. of attempts :

--4 for general

-- 7 for OBC

-- no limit for SC/ST/PH

FOR MORE INFO ,DO CONTACT :-

http://www.upsc.gov.in

ALLTHE BEST

THANKS

shars Array

hi,

you are 100% eligible for ias- indian administrative service.

eligibility criteria for ias is as follows:

educational qualification:

graduation from A RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY IN ANY STREAM.

CITIZEN OF INDIA.

GENERAL 21-30 YEARS

OBC-21-33

SC/ST 21-35

PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED- 21-40 YEARS

IF YOU SATISFY THE ABOVE ELIGIBILITY CONDITIONS YOU CAN SURELY ELIGIBILE FOR IAS CONDUCTED BY UPSC EVERY YEAR.

ALL THE BEST

raoresult Array

hello friend ,

MY answer to your question is YES , any commerce student can appear for IAS examination.

Attachment 6206

I want to inform you that before applying for IAS exam you must have completed your graduation from any recognised university , appearing students cant apply for the IAS exam .

so, you can prepare for IAS ,you have 2 years before completing your graduation ,so work hard .

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

1. AGE LIMIT : 21-30 Years for a general candidate .

21-33 years for OBC candidate

21-35 years for SC/ST/PH candidate .

2. NO. OF ATTEMPTS :- 4 attempts for general candidate .

7 attempts for OBC candidate

no limit for SC/ST/PH candidate .

3. EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS : YOU must have a degree of graduation from any recognised university .

ALL THE BEST

THANKS

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    You can be ias officer.First you need to fulfill following Qualifications:
    *Academic Qualification Of IAS Exam:
    Candidate must have Graduation degree from racognized University.
    *NATIONALITY:
    Candidate Must be citizen of INDIA.
    *AGE LIMITATION FOR IAS:
    Candidate's minimum age must be atleast 21 year and must not have attained 30 year.
    Upper age relaxation for SC/ST category candidate is 5 year.
    Upper age relaxation for OBC category candidate is 3 year.
    Upper age relaxation for Ex-servicemen category candidate is 5 year.
    *Number Of Attempt For Exam:
    General Category Candidate can attempt exam upto four time.
    SC/ST Category Candidate can attempt exam upto many time.There is no restriction for SC/ST Category Candidate.
    Other Category candidate can attempt exam upto seven time.

Regards,
    Dharmesh

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    For being eligible for IAS exam the following criteria must be fulfilled.
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
    * Candidate must complete his bachelor degree from any recognizing university in the following subjects
    Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Statistics,Zoology,B otany,Geography.
    * Candidate must score at least 50% in graduation(45% for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates).
    * Age limit must be within 21-30 years.
    * Candidate must a citozen of India.
    As per eligibility criteria you are not eligible for IAS exam.
    Selection Procedure
    * Priliminary Exam.
    * Final exam.
    * Interview.
    All the best.

niceday Array

IAS examination can be attempted by a graduate in any subject provided it is from a recognized University. So you are eligible from that side. Age should be between 21 to 30 years and should be an Indian citizen.

The IAS examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission every year for which notification is normally issued in month of May and tests taken in the month of November. You can apply the for the exam either online or or by post.You can find the application forms in the post office.

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirant...

Yes ,any steam candidate eligible for Civil services exam like UPSC exam IAS ,IPS ,IFS.

IAS stand for Indian administration Academy and this exam by conducted UPSC stand

for Union Public Service Commission.You can apply after competing graduation and you

should be score 60 % marks any discipline university and IAS is a very reputed job in

India so if you can crack exam then you can make future secure.

Eligibility for IAS exam are given below:-

You should be completed graduation.

Your age limit should be 21 to 30 years OBC -3 years and SC- 5years.

You can give this exam 4 times OBC -7 times and SC no limits.

Some relaxation provide as per rule government reserved category .

Exam pattern:-

You can choose any subjects by choice like Geology ,indian history ,Zoology etc...If you can by general knowledge

based so you prepare more some times and some

Video:-IAS preparation .

GOOD LUCK

randhirk.rk Array

my percentage is so minimum 54% can i do i.a.s (commerce stream)
    UPSC conducts the Civil Services exam each year to fill the posts in 24 departments
    These include IAS,IPS,IFS etc

ELIGIBILTY:
    Graduation pass in any stream.
    No Minimum %age of marks is required in graduation.

AGE- Min age to apply-->> 21 years for all the candidates
    Max age to apply-- >> 30 Years for General Candidates
    33 Years for the OBC candidates
    35 Years for the SC/ST candidates

Number of Attempts-->>> General-- 4
    OBC- 7
    SC/ST-- No Restriction.

So YES YOU can apply for the UPSC civil services Exams.

This exam is held in three Stages-
    Prelims
    Mains
    Interview

Next prelims exams will be held in May 2013
    Notifications for the Prelims exams will come out in Feb 2013 and will be published in the Employment NewsPaper.

learn Array

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

it is administrative service of Government of India

its entrance exam is conducted by UPSC once a year

eligibility

you must have a bachelor's degree in any discipline
    candidates appearin for the final year are also eligible

age limit
    21 to 30 years

upper age limit is relaxed in some cases

3 years for obc
    5 years for sc/st
    10 years for PH

no of attempts

4 attempts for general
    7 attempts for obc
    no limit for sc/st

selection process

preliminary exam
    mains exam
    interview

exam pattern
    it contains two papers

1.preliminary exam
    2.mains exam

preliminary exam

it is a objective type paper
    and also a qualifying exam

mains exam

it s a written exam
    consists of written exam and interview

megh@ Array

Yes definitely Commerce students are eligible to apply for IAS exam. Any stream graduate are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The exam is conducted by UPSC once in every year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>>The candidates should have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. There is no minimum marks needed.

>>The age of the general candidates should be 21-30 years. For the SC/ST candidates age is relaxed by 5 years and for OBC by 3 years.

>>The candidates should be Indian citizen.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

>>General Candidates: 4
    >>SC/St Candidates: no limit
    >>OBC Candidates: 7

EXAM PATTERN:

>Preliminary Exam
    >Main Exam
    >Interview

You can apply for IAS through the official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

SOME OF THE BOOKS FOR IAS:

Badshah Array

• Yes, like other stream students, commerce stream students are also eligible to appear in the IAS exam.
    • For IAS, You must appear in the civil services exam organised by union public service commission.
    • You need to have completed graduation from an recognised university.
    • Even the final year student is also eligible to appear in the exam.
    • your age need to be between 21years to 30years.
    • Age relaxations of five years to sc/st students
    • Age relaxations of three years to obc students also.

TER007 Array

Hello Dear

YES U CAN.gif

Well offcourse you can write the I.A.S civil service exam being a commerce graduate.There are many aspirants like you willing to become an I.A.S officer.After all its a prestigious Central govt position with loaded perks and allowances.Also the salary would be handsome.But mind you.The road to success is not very easy as it is one of the most toughest exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission.A candidate aspiring for this exam has to be seriously talented in studies.So you require strong will and burning desire for cracking this exam.

Anyways lets come to the topic.See you can become eligible for this exam only after you satisfy certain minimum eligibility criteria set by U.P.S.C.I have provided all the details of the eligibility criteria below.So check it.

IAS-Logo.jpg

ELIGIBILITY :

-->The candidate must be an INDIAN citizen

-->Those candidate who have graduated from any recognized university with any discipline would be eligible for I.A.S exam.

-->The age should be in between 22 to 30 years.However age relaxation would be provided to SC,ST and OBC category candidates as per govt rule.

MAX ATTEMPTS :

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

STAGES:

There are 3 important stages in this hiring procedure.A candidate has to qualify all the 3 stages to be able to receive selection letter.The 3 stages are

# Preliminary
    # Mains
    # Interview

WRITTEN EXAM PATTERN:

I hope you are clear with all your doubts now.Anyways best of luck for a bright career ahead.

Regards

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

Yes, definitely, you can appear for IAS Exam that is commenced by UPSC every year.

Actually, for appearing in IAS Exam (or Civil Services Exam), you will have to do Graduation from any stream in a recognized institute.

When you have completed Graduation, you can appear for this exam, also you can appear if you are in Final Year of your Graduation.

You must ensure whether your age satisfies Eligibility Criteria required for IAS Exam or not:

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3

For OBC: 7

For SC/ST: No Restriction

However, you will have to qualify three stages to crack Civil Services Exam:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

Some of the best books for the preparation of IAS Exam are:

General Studies for Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by TMH
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 900

Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper - 1 and 2 (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 777

General Studies for Civil Services Preliminary Examinations (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Manohar Pandey
    Publisher: Arihant (2012)
    Price: Rs. 684

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 174

Guide To UPSC (IAS) Civil Services Preliminary Exam: General Studies (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Gkp
    Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)
    Price: Rs. 266

Hi friend, Array

* Yes, a commerce student is eligible to appear for IAS examination...!

* The stream is of no matter here,....! The eligibility is as follows...

* You have to be graduate in any discipline from recognized university…! This is the educational requisite for IAS exam...!

* You must be a citixen of India...!

* The age eligibility criteria is here as follows..

* Normally , it is 21 to 30 years of age for OC

* It is from 21 to 33 years of age for OBC candidates…!

* For SC/ST upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years ie 21 to 35 years of age…

* Physically challenged candidates the age relaxation is allowed for maximum 10 years ie from 21 to 40 years….!

* I will put it in a tabular format for you for better undersanding…!

Criteria/caste OC BC SC/ST PH
    Age 21-30 21-33 21-35 21-35
    Attempts (Maximum) 4 7 No limits (any) No limits (any)

* Last date for receipt of application for 2013 exam is 4-3-2013…!

* The exam is expected to be held on 19th May 2013……..!!!

* You can apply online at www.upsconline.nic.in

dipu99310 Array

hello dear aspirant as per your given Q

yes dear aspirant you are eligible to apply for ias entrance exam but you have to fullfilled the following criteria which is giving below

education ---must be graduate from recognize university/institute

Age limit :

Min - 21 years, Max - 30 years.

No of Attempts : Gen - 4, OBC - 7, SC/ST - None.

Procedure to apply :

After the notification is published you must check in the site for all the eligibility details whether we're eligible or not, if eligible
    --> We should go to official website of UPSC and should fill the online application.
    --> After completion of filling the application form take a print out
    --> Go to the prescribed bank and pay the amount, take the details form the bank i.e branch code, dd no, etc..
    --> Again log in to the site fill up the payment details and complete the registration.
    --> Wait for the hall ticket and start preparing for the exam.

best of luck

mk.gohel Array

Hi Friend,

Yes , off course you are eligible for IAS exam....

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any stream in Discipline from Recognized Universities are eligible for this exam....

Final years students also eligible for this exam....

Citizenship of India

Age Limit :-

Minimum age 21 years...

Maximum Age 30 years...

For OBC - +3 years..

For SC/ST - +5 years..

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4

OBC - max. 7.

SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam.

Main Exam

Interview

You can apply online at - Click here

All the best....

Mr.N Arora Array

Dear Aspirat according to your question: A Commerce student having Graduate degree from the recognized University can write IAS Examination.IAS(Indian Administrative Services)entrance Examination is conducted by
    Union Public Service Commission.

IAS ELIGIBILITY:-

Education: A Graduate or a final year candidate from the recognized University can write IAS entrance Exam.

AGE: Gen: 21-30 years, relaxations for OBC: 3 years, S/C S/T: 5 years.PWD: 10 years.

Nationality: Indian.Male/Female both can appear IAS exam.Upsc conduct's IAS entrance exam.every year.

Attempts: General: 4 attempts. General/P/H: 7 attempts.OBC: 7 attempts. S/C S/T: No limit.

These are the eligibility being a commerce graduate you are to follow eligibility then you can apply for IAS.

To know more visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,

AnujR Array

If you are applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission into the examination.

Examination Pattern of IAS Exam:

General English
    – 300 marks
    Any Indian Language – 300 marks
    Essay - 200 marks
    General Studies I – 300 marks
    General Studies II – 300 marks
    Eligibility criteria:
    You should possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
    Yours age should be in between 21 years to 30 years and relaxation in upper age would be provided as per government norms.
    You must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Civil Services Examination of a particular year
    Number of Attempts :

Four attempts for General
    Seven attemps of OBCs
    No limit for SCs/STs

ias4.jpgias2.jpgias1.jpgias.jpg

Thanks..

k.uma Array

DEAR,

Yes,Commerce Graduate Candidates can attend the IAS Exam.The common eligibility criteria of the IAS Exam is as follows,

ELIGIBILITY:-

1.Candidate should complete graduation in any stream from recognized university.

2.Age limit for this exam is 21-30 years.

3.3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

4.5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

SELECTION PROCESS:-

1.Preliminary exam
    2.Main exam
    3.Personal Interview

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:-

1.4 times for general candidates.

2.7 times for OBC candidates.

3.There is no age limit for Sc/ST candidates.

Exam pattern of IAS exam:-

IAS exam contains two exam i.e Preliminary exam and Main exam.If you qualify preliminary exam,then only you will eligible for main exam.
    Preliminary exam Pattern:-

Paper-I
    Duration:2 hours
    Marks: 200

Syllabus:-
    1. Current events of national and international importance
    2. History of India and Indian national movement
    3. Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world
    4. Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.
    5. Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.
    General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization:-

General science;
    Paper-II
    Duration: 2 hours
    Marks: 2oo
    Syllabus:-
    1. Comprehension
    2. Interpersonal skills including communication skills
    3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
    4. Decision making and problem solving
    5. General mental ability
    6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)
    7. English language comprehension skills (Class X level)
    Main Exam Pattern:-

1. Optional Paper-I(Part-A)
    2. Marks: 300
    3. Optional Paper-I(Part-B)
    4. Marks:300
    5. Optional Paper-II(Part-A)
    6. Marks:300
    7. Optional Paper-II(Part-B)
    8. Marks:300
    9. General studies Paper-I
    10. Marks:300
    11. General Studies Paper-II
    12. Marks:300
    Essay Paper:-
    Marks:200
    Total Marks: 2000

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects:

1. General Studies
    2. Essay
    3. English Qualifying
    4. Indian Languages
    5. Mathematics
    6. Agriculture
    7. Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
    8. Botany
    9. Chemistry
    10. Civil Engineering
    11. Commerce
    12. Economics
    13. Electrical Engineering
    14. Geography
    15. Geology
    16. Indian History
    17. Law
    18. Management
    19. Mechanical Engineering
    20. Medical Science
    21. Philosophy
    22. Physics
    23. Political Science
    24. Psychology
    25. Public Administration
    26. Sociology
    27. Statistics
    28. Zoology
    29. Anthropology
    30. Arabic
    31. Assamese
    32. Bengali
    33. Bodo
    34. Chinese
    35. Dogri
    36. English
    37. French
    38. German
    39. Gujarati
    40. Hindi
    41. Kannada
    42. Kashmiri
    43. Konkani
    44. Maithili
    45. Malayalam
    46. Manipuri
    47. Marathi
    48. Nepali
    49. Oriya
    50. Pali
    51. Persian
    52. Punjabi
    53. Russian
    54. Sanskrit
    55. Santali
    56. Sindhi
    57. Tamil
    58. Telugu
    59. Urdu
    IMPORTANT DATE FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2013
    Date Of Notification:-02.02.2013
    Last date of submission of form:-04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
    Date of exam Prelims:-19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
    Date of Mains eXam:- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)

You can apply both onle and ofline.

The optional subjects to be selected for Mains exam if you qualify the prelims:-

(i) Agriculture
    (ii) Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
    (iii) Anthropology
    (iv) Botany
    (v) Chemistry
    (vi) Civil Engineering
    (vii) Commerce and Accountancy
    (viii) Economics
    (ix) Electrical Engineering
    (x) Geography
    (xi) Geology
    (xii) History
    (xiii) Law
    (xiv) Management
    (xv) Mathematics
    (xvi) Mechanical Engineering
    (xvii) Medical Science
    (xviii) Philosophy
    (xix) Physics
    (xx) Political Science and International Relations
    (xxi) Psychology
    (xxii) Public Administration
    (xxiii) Sociology
    (xxiv)Statistics
    (xxv)Zoology

syllabus of commerce subject while for the preparatin for the civil services examination may include ;

1. Accounting
    2. Auditng
    3.Business Organisation
    4. Management
    5.Company Law
    6.Accounting & Finance
    7.Organisation Theory and international Relations

Any many more topics are there while the preparation for an civil services exam.

GOOD LUCK

libra Array

dear frinds...

yes you can apply for this.any person being graduate with any stream should be an Indian.can apply for Civil service exam.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT) is that you need to complete your under graduation course and your age group must be between 21-30 years.Since,you have completed your MBA you can definitely go through the CSAT examination.

As CSAT is one of the prestigious exam conducted by the UPSC board hence you can get the application forms from the head/central post office of your city.The test is basically held in two stages i.e preliminary test and mains.

The preliminary stage consists of two papers,200 marks and 2 hours for each exam.
    The first paper basically consists of History of India,Current events,Indian and World geography,Economic and Social development and general science.
    The second paper basically consists of English part i.e Decision making and problem solving,mental ability and basic numeracy.

thanks...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Any Question?