Unregistered

Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

I want to be an ias officer.I chose commerce stream.can I prepare for ias exams????

bipin Array

Re: Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

You can appear for IAS Exam after completing graduation. The graduation can be completed in any stream. So though you are commerce student you are eligible to appear for IAS Exam.

But I want to clear you that IAS is one of the post which you will get after cracking Civil Service Exam. I am providing you information about this exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and the Civil Service Exam is Conducted by by the UPSC(Union public Service Commission).

Educational Qualifications

- You need to be a graduate from a recognized university with any discipline.
    - Even Final year students can apply for the exam

Age Limit

- You must be 21 to 30 years of age.
    - Upper age Relaxations applicable for SC/ST(5 years) and OBC(3 years).

Attempts

- The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Notifications about the exams are given in the in the employment newspapers or in official website of UPSC.

So please check the UPSC website for Complete Information - http://www.upsc.gov.in

sumit pandey Array

Re: Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

yes a commerce student can do appear for the IAS exam but after completing graduation. it can be done from any stream.

IAS Eligibility Criteria

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
    (No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

Muthulakshmisankar Array

ndian Administrative Services Examination Eligibility Criteria
    • A candidate must be a citizen of India.
    • The person of Indian origin in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India, is eligible to apply.
    • The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on.
    • The candidate must hold a degree of any of recognized Indian Universities.
    • Candidate, who has appeared for academic exam of Bachelor’s degree, and if the result is awaited, is eligible to apply for the exam.
    • Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission in examination.

rr7 Array

You can appear for IAS Exam after completing graduation. The graduation can be completed in any stream. So though you are commerce student you are eligible to appear for IAS Exam.

But I want to clear you that IAS is one of the post which you will get after cracking Civil Service Exam. I am providing you information about this exam.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and the Civil Service Exam is Conducted by by the UPSC(Union public Service Commission).

Age Limit

Attempts

- The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Notifications about the exams are given in the in the employment newspapers or in official website of UPSC.

So please check the UPSC website for Complete Information - http://www.upsc.gov.in

param pita Array

Dear friend,graduation can be completed in any stream. So though you are commerce student you are eligible to appear for IAS Exam.

Age Limit

Attempts

So please check the UPSC website for Complete Information -
    http://www.upsc.gov.in
    The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on.
    The candidate must hold a degree of any of recognized Indian Universities.
    Candidate, who has appeared for academic exam of Bachelor’s degree, and if the result is awaited, is eligible to apply for the exam.
    Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission in examination.

Unregistered

for a commerce student which subject is better for exam

Unregistered

which subject is better for a commerce student for ias exam

selvakumar Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I want to be an ias officer.I chose commerce stream.can I prepare for ias exams????
    Yes off course , Being and Commerce stream candidate your eligible to apply for the IAS Examination . Any stream candidate may eligible to apply for this Examination .

Important :- B.com / B.sc / B.A / BBA / BBM / BCA etc.. The candidate who are qualified in any one of the degree course may eligible to apply for this Examination .
    IAS stands for India Administrative Service . This Examination is conducted by ( Union Public Service Commission ) for every twice in a year . It is one of the Civil Service Examination .

The Examination is divided into three category namely , Preliminary Examination / Main Examination and Interview . The Preliminary Examination is an Objective type with Multiple choice .

The preliminary Examination is divided into two papers and The Examination pattern for the First paper consist of Indian History , National Movements , Geography , Currents Events , General Science , Indian Policy , Government , Economics etc..

The Examination pattern for Second paper consist of Comprehension , Reasoning , Problem Solving , Decision Making , General Ability , English Language etc..

The Main Examination Pattern consist of , Indian language , English Language , Essay Writing , General Studies , and Optional Subject etc..

To crack the IAS Examination you should go through the Examination pattern with good percentage of marks . So, that you may crack this Examination with good percentage of marks .

To apply for this IAS Examination you should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IAS Examination . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

Your age should be 21 years to 30 years and relaxation will applicable for sc/st candidates and obc candidates .

-For sc/st candidates 5 years
    -For OBC candidates 3 years and
    -For Physically Challenged candidates 10 years

The Important Notification for this Examination may published in Employment news paper and official website of UPSC . So, If your go through the Employment news paper regularly then you may collect more Information regarding IAS Examination .

So,If your complete bachelor degree then you may eligible to apply for this Examination .

Unregistered

Hi Sir I am student of Msc(IT) 2nd semester.
    i want to give I.A.S exam-2012.. is this possible? i also want details for that exam and post.. pls give me that information...

AKASH.BHALODI Array

Yes any stream student can eligible for giving the civil service exam .
    The eligibility criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should done their graduation from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general cast , 55% for other cast .
    -> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam .
    -> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman / physically handicapped .
    -> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

So according to above criteria you are eligible for the exam .

The exam pattern :
    The exam consist of three steps
    1) preliminary exam
    2) main exam
    3) interview
    The final selection based on the marks available in the main exam plus interview .
    Preliminary exam consist two papers and one should pass this exam for qualifying for the next round .
    Main exam consists 9 descriptive type paper
    1-Any language
    2-english
    3-essay
    4&5-general study
    6&7-optional subject-1
    8&9-optional subject-2
    The first two papers marks are not considered but one should pass this two paper compulsory .

The time table for overall process :
    In the month of December/January the advertisement will be published in all the leading news paper and employment news for the exam .
    In the month of may/june the preliminary exam will be taken .
    In the month of october/november the main exam will be taken .
    In the month of April the final interview will be held .
    The result will be declared in the month of May .

So start the preparation and give it .
    For more information visit the site upsc.gov.in
    Good Luck

AKASH.BHALODI Array

Yes you are eligible for the exam so that you can able to give the exam .
    The criteria for the exam is below :
    -> one should done their graduation from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general cast , 55% for other cast .
    -> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam .
    -> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman / physically handicapped .
    -> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .
    So you are eligible for the exam . Give it .
    After passing the exam you will be given a post like Collector , Commisnor , Assistant Commisnor , Dy.Sp, Deputy collector and so on .

Nathan Array

Yes,You can appear to the IAS examination and you can prepare for the IAS examination.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service this exam is conducted by union public service commission for every year.I will provide full information about the IAS Exams.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS Exam:-

>>Nationality:-
    The candidate should be citizen of india

>>Sex:-Both male and female candidate can apply for the IAS exam.

>>Minimum Qualification:-The candidate should be complete the Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark to require for this exam and final year candidate also eligible for this examination.

>>Age Limit:-The candidate Age should between 21 to 30 years and relaxation is applicable for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

>>Number of Attempts:- For General Candidate-4 attempts,For OBC candidates-7attempts,For SC/ST candidate-No limits.

Three stage of IAS Exam:-
    >>Preliminary
    >>Main
    >>Interview

How To apply:-
    Candidates are required to apply online by using the website:-http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Further information please visit on official website:-http://Upsc.gov.in
    Attached Files

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    If you have completed your graduation from any stream and age below 30(Gen), you are 100% eligible to ppear for IAS exam...
    So need not to waste a minute and start preparing for the exam, as it is one of the toughest exam of all and clearing all the levels in one attempt...

All the best
    Raj@08

aalarif Array

yes,sir ,you are eligible for the IAS exam.
    IAS is one of the part of the Civil Service.
    and the minimum educational qualification marks to be able to get eligibility for Civil Services is that
    1) the candidate the candidate must have a undergraduate degree or a post graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.and
    2) the candidate must be a citizen of India and
    3) for general category students age limit is 21-30 but for ST/SC there is a relaxation of 5 years. and for OBC it is 3 years.

so,sir ,you can take any stream in your intermediate.but Commerce will be better,because it will really help you to understand the economy and financial status of India better.

hope it answers your question.

SKY.BHALODI Array

Yes a commerce student also eligible for the exam but you have to fulfill the below criteria .
    -> you have to complete your graduation form any recognized university in any stream.
    or
    -> If you are in final year then also you are eligible for the exam but before the main exam you have to complete the graduation .

-> your age should be below :
    21-30 for general cast
    21-33 for obc cast
    21-35 for sc/st cast
    21-40 for physically handicapped .

So if you fulfill the above criteria then give the exam .
    But there are limit for giving the exam like
    for general cast maximum 4 attempts are allowed.
    For obc cast maximum 7 attempts are allowed
    for sc/st there are no limit for the number of attempts.

So start the preparation for the exam and give it .

There three rounds in the exam.
    1) preliminary exam
    2)main exam
    3)interview

The time table for the exam is below :
    -> IN the month of December / January the advertisement for the exam will be published .
    -> In the month of May the preliminary exam will be taken .
    -> In the month of october/november , the Main exam will be taken .
    -> In the month of march/april , interview will be taken .
    -> In the month of May , the result will be declared .

good luck

Badshah Array

Hi guest, IAS refers to Indian administrative services the exam for which is conducted by the union public service commission (UPSC). It is one of the tough exam. The age limit is 21 years to 30 years for general students, 21years to 33 years for obc students and 21years to 35 years for sc/st students. You must have completed graduation in any stream from an recognised university. The exam is divided into three stages. Prelimns exam, main exam and interview. Thanx

Unregistered

which is the best subject for a commerce student ?

er.animesh6 Array

Hello friend,
    Yes a commerce student can appear for IAS entrance exam but he has Mathematics or statics in his graduation degree.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS
    Candidate must pass his Bechelor's degree from any recognizing university in following subjects
    Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Zoology,Botany,Stati stics.
    Bechelor's degree in any branch of Engineering.
    Candidate must pass Bechelor's degree with 50%.
    Age must be 21-30 year.Age relaxation for SC/ST candidate is 5 year.
    A general can attempt 4 times IAS exam and 7 times for SC/ST candidates.
    PROCEDURE
    Prileminary Test.
    Final Test.
    Interview.
    For more details about IAS visit
    www.upsc.gov.in
    where you can get application process.
    Best of luck.

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,

IAS is civil service examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission(UPSC).
    For Giving IAS EXAM you must graduate in any discipline from racognized university and your age must be 21 to 30 year.age relaxation SC/ST 5 YEAR,OBC 3 YEAR,EX-SERVICEMEN 5 YEAR.
    Number of Attempt:
    Every eligible Candidate can 4 time attempt.for SC/ST no restriction and for other backword classes candidate can 7 time attempt.
    This Exam is taken in two stages as following:
    1.Preliminary Examination:
    This paper is objective type.priliminary examination is generally held in May/June
    2.Main Examination:
    This exam include written exam and interview.Main examination is generally held in October/November.
    Eligible Candidate can apply On-line through this website:
    http://upsconline.nic.in
    Regards,
    Dharmesh

megh@ Array

Yes Friend,
    You are eligible to apply for IAS being a commerce student. The candidates have to be a graduate in any stream.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The exam is conducted by UPSC every year. It is one of the toughest exam in India.
    The exam have 3 stages:

>Preliminary Exam
    >Main Exam
    >Interview.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

1)AGE: The age of the general candidates should be 21-30 years. The age is relaxed by 5 for the SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.

2)NATIONALITY:The candidates must be Indian citizen.

3)EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:The candidates must have a graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university. There is no minimum marks required for this exam.

4)NUMBER ATTEMPTS:-
    General candidates-4 times;
    SC/ST candidates- no limit;
    OBC candidates- 7 times.

EXAM PATTERN:

You need to fill the application form online through http://www.upsconline.nic.in

BOOKS FOR IAS:

Unregistered

what do we call IASs in respective fields...? Is it allied IAS...?

Ajaygupta123 Array

Dear aspirant,

-Yes commerce student can apply for IAS exam after graduation.

-For IAS exam you should be Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university .

-You age must be 21 to 30 years if you are general category candidate. Age relaxation is available for SC/ST , OBC and ex servicemen.

-You can apply for IAS exam by going through UPSC website. There is a common online form for every UPSC exam you just have to select your exam and fill all the details and pay the application fee.

-You also have to choose a optional subject when you are applying for IAS exam .

BEST OF LUCK....

Sadaf yasmin Array

YES,COMMERCE GRADUATE IS VERY MUCH ELIGIBLE.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR IAS

1. GRADUATION IN ANY DISCIPLINE FROM RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.

2. AGE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 30 YRS.

(RELAXATION FOR SC/ST/OBC)

Number of attempts:
    4 attempts for General category candidates.
    7 attempts for Obc category candidates
    14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I ---- Preliminary exam (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
    STAGE II----- Main exam (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
    STAGE III---- Personal interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

For more info,

www.upsc.gov.in

Sadaf yasmin Array

YES,COMMERCE GRADUATE IS VERY MUCH ELIGIBLE.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR IAS

1. GRADUATION IN ANY DISCIPLINE FROM RECOGNIZED UNIVERSITY.

2. AGE SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN 30 YRS.

(RELAXATION FOR SC/ST/OBC)

Number of attempts:
    4 attempts for General category candidates.
    7 attempts for Obc category candidates
    14 attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

There are 3 stages in IAS that should be cleared by the candidate.

STAGE I ---- Preliminary exam (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
    STAGE II----- Main exam (DESCRIPTIVE TYPE)
    STAGE III---- Personal interview

Clearing one will get you to another level exam.

For more info,

www.upsc.gov.in

k.uma Array

Wink Re: Can a commerce student appear in IAS exam ? Give me the full information about the Eligibility criteria and Procedure to apply for IAS exam ?

HI FRIEND,

S,100% Eligible;

But first crack the civil examination which is conducted by union public service commission.

Basic Eligibility criteria for civil examination:-

Candidate must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from a recognized university.

Age should between 21 to 30 years and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC Candidates

You should be a citizen of India

Selection Procedure : -

Preliminary Exam

Mains Exam

Interview.......

Maximum attempts:-

For General candidates 4 attempts,

For OBC candidates 7 attempts,

No maximum limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more details visit official website of UPSC.
    http://www.upsc.gov.in

"all the best"

Hi friend, Array

* Yes. a commerce student can appear in IAS examination...!

* I hope you have completed your graduation ....!

* Only candidates who have passed out their graduation from any recognised institution is eligible to appear for the IAS exam...!

* The stream is not a problem ...It can be arts, science, engineering or commerce...!

* You must be an Indian citizen...!

* Your age should be 21-30 years to appears if you are OC, upto 33 for BC, and upto 35 for SC/ST...!

* You must not have any criminal cases filed against you ..!

* You can any no. of attempts if SC/ST, 7 for BC and 4 for OC...!

* You have to diligent, hardworking and must possess a burning desire to achieve something high in this exam...!

* You have 3 rounds...

1. CSAT

2. Main exam

3. Interview...!

* Appearing in any one paper in CSAT itself is considered as an attempt....!

* So, dont simply try to give attempts....

* Once you are very confident as a result of your intense preparation then you can go in for the IAS exam...!

* You have to be prepared in General abilities, Verbal, Logical reasoning and current affairs...!

* CSAT has 2 papers - Current affairs paper and aptitude paper...

* The first paper is mostly tougher than the latter one...!

* After you clear in prelims - CSAT , you will be appearing for main exam which has 9 papers ...!

* If you have good scores, you will be called for an interivew and then based upon the rank you scored you will be provided postings....!

* IAS is not a mere luck ...It is a result of toil and dedication,...!

randhirk.rk Array

Commerce Student can apply for the IAS exams.
    To go for the IAS exams, you have to appear in the UPSC Civil Services exams.

ELIGIBILTY:
    Educational Qualifications= > Graduation Pass in any Stream

AGE- Minimum 21 years
    Maximum 30 years
    Candidates belonging to OBC gets 3 years and SC/ST gets 5 years age relaxations

ATTEMPTS- General candidates- 4 times
    OBC- 7 times
    SC/ST- No such restriction

This exam is held in three stages:
    >> Prelims or CSAT
    >> MAINS
    >> Interview

Next UPSC Prelims Exams will be held on 19th MAY 2013
    Notifications for this exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
    Last date to apply is 4th March 2013

When notifications comes out you can apply through the website
    www.upsconline.nic.in

pradip kumar Array

hello friend

ase per your details you are a graduate student with commerce stream ......so you can apply for ias entrance exam .

some limitions is to appear that entrance test that are

1.you must have bachelor degree ( any stream ) from ant recognize university

2.. age limitations

21 to 30 year

relaxation applicable

for sc /st -- 5 year

for obc --3 year
    that's all

thanks

Anil 7893 Array

Hello friends ............................

Yes you can eligible for this exam because for this exam want graduation in any stream from recognised university.

So, if you complete your graduation then you can apply for this exam

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service conducted by UPSC Every Year

ELIGIBILITY :-

For this exam you must have complete your graduation Degree in any Discipline from recognised universitiey

Final year students are also applicable

And age is for General Age Limit is 21-30 years.

Relaxation on Upper Age:

For OBC category 33 years

For SC/ST category 35 years

No. Attempt:

General - max. 4 time.

OBC - max. 7 time

SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam.

Main Exam.

Interview.

For applying this exam you can check www.upsc.gov.in

All the best

RAVI RAJ100 Array

Dear friends....
    Yes a commerce student can appear for IAS entrance exam but he has Mathematics or statics in his graduation degree.
    ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS
    Candidate must pass his Bechelor's degree from any recognizing university in following subjects
    Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Zoology,Botany,Stati stics.
    Bechelor's degree in any branch of Engineering.
    Candidate must pass Bechelor's degree with 50%.
    Age must be 21-30 year.Age relaxation for SC/ST candidate is 5 year.
    A general can attempt 4 times IAS exam and 7 times for SC/ST candidates.
    PROCEDUREs
    Final Test.

Thanks...

Mr.N Arora Array

As per question a Commerce Graduate from the recognized University can appear UPSC IAS entrance exam.

Before applying for IAS exam you are to follow eligibility/procedures of UPSC.

IAS Eligibility & Procedures:

1.Minimum a Graduate.

2.Age: Gen: 21-30 years,relaxations are there OBC: 3 years, S/c S/T: 5 years.

3.Nationality :Indian.Male/Female both can write IAS entrance exam.

4.Attempts: General 4 attempts, OBC: 7 attempts, S/C S/T: No limit.

To get selection candidates to clear:

a)Preliminary Exam.

b)Mains exam.

c)Interview

To know more visit official website http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,

anurag_1992 Array

Hi dear,
    IAS is Indian Administrative Services.
    It is one of the most prestigious jobs offered in India.
    It is conducted by UPSC

Well the eligibility criteria are as follows.
    -Graduation pass in any stream.
    -Minimum 60% or more score in graduation level.
    -Age limit is 21-30 years.
    -Maximum number of attempts is limited to 4.

There is relaxation of age and number of attempts for obc/sc/st candidates according to Govt. rules.

As commerce stream is also considered as a graduation course so you obviously can apply for IAS.

All the best

chandhrasekhar Array

dear friend,
    as a commerce graduate you can write the IAS exam .but cracking IAS is not a simple task to cracking it you need a lot of hardwork and knowledge anyways best of luck

the eligibility conditions and educational qualifications required to write the ias exam are as follows
    1)you should be a citizen of india
    2)you should pass your graduation from the recognised college fom any stream
    3)minimum age range required to write the IAS exam is 23-30 years there will be relaxation age for the reserved students for obc students it is 3 years and for sc/st students it is 5 years
    4)the maximum no of attempts for the general students is 4 and the for the obc students it is 7 years and for sc/st there is no limit

IAS exam was conducted in three stages they are
    1)PRELIMINARY EXAM
    2)MAINS EXAM
    3)interview
    if the student qualifies in the above three rounds then he will become an IAS officer

all the best for your bright future
    happy to assist you ................................................

aashisranjan784 Array

Dear friend ,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service .This comes under civil services exams and is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once every year .

Yes , dear you are eligible for this examination being a commerce student .

Some basic qualifications required for this examination are here under :-

--You must be a citizen of India .

--Your age must lie within 21 years to 30 years .

Note :- Also there is provision of age relaxation for OBCs , SC/STs & physically handicapped candidates of 3 years , 5 years & 10 years respectively.

--You must have done your graduation or should be in the final year of it with any desired stream from a recognized university .

Information regarding no. of attempts are here under :-

--For general :- 4 times .

--For OBCs :- 7 times .

--For SC/STs :- No limits .

Examination is conducted in three stages which are here under :-

--1st stage :-Preliminary test .

--2nd stage :-Mains .

--3rd stage :- Personal interview .

Hope the details helps you .For further information visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .

Good luck for your examination and career .

aashisranjan784 .

bully 006 Array

there are required criteria for ias exam .
    for ias exam you just pass out your graduation with any stream and no percentage required for this.
    your age between 21 to 30 year and if you belong to obc , sc/st category than your age 21 to 33 (for obc) and 21 to 35 (for sc/st) and for physically disorder 21 to 40 year .
    for no of attempt this exam
    for general - 4 time
    for sc/st - no limit
    for obc - 7 time
    for pd - no limit

for more information read employment news paper or log in www.upsc.gov.in

thanks

dipu99310 Array

hello friend as per your given details you just want to know about that an commerce student can apply for the ias exam and yes then how ?

so I AM GIVING to you full procedure that how to apply for this exam and what is it't minimum criteria

the eligibility conditions and educational qualifications required to write the ias exam are as follows
    1)you should be a citizen of india
    2)you should pass your graduation from the recognised college fom any stream
    3)minimum age range required to write the IAS exam is 23-30 years there will be relaxation age for the reserved students for obc students it is 3 years and for sc/st students it is 5 years
    4)the maximum no of attempts for the general students is 4 and the for the obc students it is 7 years and for sc/st there is no limit

IAS exam was conducted in three stages they are
    1)PRELIMINARY EXAM
    2)MAINS EXAM
    3)interview

best of luck

james786 Array

Hi,

as a commerce graduate you can write the IAS exam .but cracking IAS is not a simple task to cracking it you need a lot of hardwork and knowledge anyways best of luck

Age Limit

Attempts

Hope the details helps you .For further information visit the link www.upsc.gov.in .

Good luck for your examination and career .

ALl THE VERY BEST

lakshmi dhana Array

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

You must have completed their graduation Degree.

Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:

General category student:- 21-30 years.
    OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
    SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempts:

General - max. 4
    OBC - max. 7.
    SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary Exam.
    Main Exam
    Interview

shine.com Array

Hello my dear Friend ...

Yeah Of course

You are definitely eligible to apply for the I.A.S exam

" I.A.S --- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES "

To get in to this you must write " C.S.A.T " exam

C.S.A.T --- COMBINED DEFENSE SERVICES ..

And thriugh this exam you can enter in to the ..

<> Indian Administrative Services

<> Indian Police Services

<> Indian Foreign Services ..
    You must have a minimum of " 21 " years

Maximum age is allowed up to " 30 " years

Of course there will be an Age relaxation for the reserved candidates

For OBC -- 3 years

SC / ST -- 5 Years

And the selection process is given below ...

<> Written Test

<> Personal Interview

<> Medical Test ..

VERY GOOD LUCK

dipu99310 Array

hello my dear aspirant

as per your given details you just liked to know that a commerce stream student either eligible or not for ias entrance exam

yes friend commerce stream applicant are eligible to apply for an ias entrance exam which is conducted by upsc and have to fullfill some criteria and that are

-

some other criteria
    Age Limit

Attempts

best of luck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?