Unregistered

Which is better after B.E. in Mechanical engineering M.E. or MBA?

Sir, I have completed B.E in mechanical engineering.I would like to go for higher studies.I wish to go to the oil field after this.So I am eager to know wheather M.E in Mechnical Engg is better or MBA is better.

bipin Array

Re: Which is better after B.E. in Mechanical engineering M.E. or MBA?

If you are good at subject knowledge in Mechanical and want to make a career in engineering or technical side then you can join M.tech and as you have done B.E in your graduation.

If you are interested in managemet and business administration side then you can join MBA course.

But I will suggest you that you can go for MBA. Because you have already studied engineering and management is new and interesting to you. Also after MBA you will be having chance to get opportunities directly in to their senior level management and middle level management with huge packages, but you must be dine your MBA from top business schools.

To apply for MBA course you must qualify in following entrance tests :

-CAT
    -GMAT

-MAT
    -XAT
    -SNAP

To apply for all the above entrance tests, you must satisfy following eligibility criteria :

- You must be completed graduation from recognized university with 50% of marks with any stream.

- If you are belonging to SC and ST candidates, then 45% of marks are enough.

- There is no age limit.

sameer007 Array

It totally depends on your choice and the fields in which you want to work in future.
    Both the courses are very good and having good career prospects in future.

If you want work in business field or banking sector then you should go for MBA , where you can go in MNCs all over the world.

After M.E. you have an option in teaching field, you can be a professor or lecturer in famous universities.
    You can also join govt. sectors like
    SAIL
    BHEL
    NTPC
    ONGC

ashwak-jo Array

generally , b.tech is to tally technical course , but mba is not like that .

as you completed b.tech in mechanical branch , it is very good for you to go for m.tech

noneed of second thought .

if you secure a good gate rank , then you will get an m.tech seat in top colleges .

later after completion of your m.tech , you can apply for senior level posts in many companies in government sector

~~ BHEL

~~ BSNL

~~ IOCL

~~ ONGC

~~ SAIL

~~ GAIL

~~ TRANSCO

~~ ZENCO

~~ DRDO

~~ DMRC

~~ MTNL , etc..

you can search for a job in i.t. companies
    if you have 60% in m.tech , then is is good for you that , you can apply for many posts

you can also apply for a job in ,

~~ police department
    ~~ banking sector
    ~~ indian army
    ~~ navy
    ~~ airforce , etc... .

chandu6444 Array

Hi,
    I would suggest you to do both.For now complete your B.E in engineering/Network security & Telecom Management /Computer science or IT and then join a job and complete M.E as a distance mode course.
    Your knowledge skill will be more enhanced and your job chances will be even better.

All the best...................

ashwak Array

Definitely M.TECH is the Best Suitable for you as you are from B.tech

See , If your Stream in B.tech is I.T. , then MBA is GOOD
    BUt , as you are from Mechnical Stream , it is Good to Puruse M.tech only

So, Now you can appear for the GATE exam .
    If you secure a Good rank in Gate exam , then you will get an M.tech seat in an Good M.tech college

Later , After completion of M.tech , you can apply for the Senior level posts

Actually , you can apply for the post of Senior Scientist in ISRO
    ISRO - Indian Space Research Organisation

Actually is is Good to have a minimum of 60% in M.tech to get Techncial posts in Different Government companies

Some are ,

BHEL
    IOCL
    TRANSCO
    ZENCO
    ONGC
    SAIL
    GAIL , etc....

You will have the posts like

* SR.ENGINEER
    * SR.SCIENTIST , etc....

All the best . . .

usharani chepuri Array

hii...

In my point of view MBA is the better option,because total world is runs on management,marketing......

Opting MBA, you can improve your management skills....

Good Luck

sherymaan Array

Its better to choose master in technology.By the help of this option you will get more knowledge about your technical field which is very helpful for you to get a govt. job also.You can get so many opportunities after master in technology.So i prefer you should do M.E after B.E.
    All the best.

Unregistered

is ECE or EEE better if I have to do MBA after B Tech

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sir, I have completed B.E in mechanical engineering.I would like to go for higher studies.I wish to go to the oil field after this.So I am eager to know wheather M.E in Mechnical Engg is better or MBA is better.
    Hello,
    You should go for higher degree in your area of interest only,
    You can do MBA as and when you want, You should go for ME and Job experience for 4-5 years and then either executive MBA or If regular then IIM, with no compromise...
    So go for ME and give your best....

All the best
    Arpita_31

Unregistered

Hello,
    You can do MBA as and when you want, You should go for ME and Job experience for 4-5 years and then either executive MBA or If regular then IIM, with no compromise...

All the best
    Arpita_31

arpita_31 Array

Hello,

All the best
    Arpita_31

Unregistered

Which course is better after IT engineering?? Either Mba or Me??

Badshah Array

Hi guest, Both MBA and ME have their own job opportunities. It wholly depends on your interest. M.E mainly deals with the technical aspects and MBA mainly deals with the managerial aspects. So you must check out which is your preference technical or managing. M.E would be easier for you compared to MBA, as you have just Completed B.E and it doesn't have any link with the MBA. When it comes to job opportunities and salary package, then initially MBA holders will have higher package, but as soon as M.E holders start gaining experience then there salary will exceed MBA. Thanx

T.APARNAREDDY Array

Hai Friend.,

-->>> You haev done B.E graduation.,If you have Interest on Management Side you can choose the MBA..,And If you interest on Teaching Field you can choose the M.A course.,Its Depends upon your Interest.,The Both the Courses will have good Career..,

>> And also after B.E you can apply for the jobs in both the Government and Private Sector..,

-->> The Eligibility for the MBA are :--

-- The Candidate have completed Bachelors degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized unoversity

-- There is no age limit for the MBA course

>> The candidate give the Entrance exams like :--

CAT

MAT
    XAT
    JMET
    SNAP

-->> The Some best Colleges for the MBA are :--

-- Indian Institute of Management , Indore
    -- S.P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
    -- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi
    -- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
    -- International Management Institute, New Delhi
    -- Fore School of Management, New Delhi
    -- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
    -- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
    -- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar
    -- T.A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal
    -- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
    -- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
    -- Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Chennai
    -- Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT Kharagpur
    -- Symbiosis Centre for Management and HRD, Pune
    -- NITIE, Mumbai

>> So.,Choose the course acoording to your Personal Interest.., You can also apply for the jobs..........

...........GOOD LUCK..............

mahi4mk Array

HELLO ASPIRANTS,
    I would like to you suggest you go for MBA course beacause MBA is a master course and profestional degree
    ELIGIBILITY FOR MBA COURSE:
    1.You must have complete graduation in B.com, BBA, BE , etc...
    2.50% only need marks and no age limit.
    3.any reconigned university
    4. 2 years course after graduation.
    You get good package after complete MBA degree and chance for go abroad company.
    You go for apply CAT ,MAT entrance exam conducted MBA exam .
    GOOD LUCK

kalyani bacchav Array

HELLO SIR...

The Eligibility for the MBA are :--

-- The Candidate have completed Bachelors degree in any stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized unoversity

-- There is no age limit for the MBA course

>> The candidate give the Entrance exams like :--

CAT
    MAT
    XAT
    JMET

All the best

randhirk.rk Array

You have completed the B.E. in mechanical engineering and now you are eligible to do both the MBA or do M.S. in mechanical.
    If you are interested in the technical side of the work than you should straight away opt for M.E. in mechanical engineering.

As you already have completed you BE and ME will enhance your knowledge and once completed you can try for jobs in reputed companies in Reliance Industries and ONGC.
    Plus tecnical work pays a lot in long term.
    plus mechanical engineering is an evergreen trade.

On the otherhand MBA even if you do it from any big institutes like IIM will give you totally different work profile and nothing related to technical side .

so its you to decide what you want to do.

er.animesh6 Array

It is better to do MBA after doing B.E rather than M.E.But for doing MBA you have to qalified for XAT or GMAT.But for that it is better to prepare for CAT in a year for qalified.

Shekhar Pandey Array

Dear Friend,

I will suggest you go for the M.Tech or ME in Mechanical Engineering because today's MNC's are giving more chances to the M.tech students as they have more knowledge as compare to the B.tech students. Even after the M.tech you will be eligible for the research line.

But MBA is a managerial course which help in the growth of the company not a course like engineering. After the M.tech you can do the MBA then it will be beneficial for you or executive program of the MBA from reputed institutes like IIM's, MDI, FMS etc. while doing jobs in the MNC's.

All the best

Unregistered

hello.
    any oppertunity after ME in industreis?

Unregistered

I am in my final year of Mechanical engg. I have two options in front of me..MS in Mech. from the US or an MBA from India..
    Which would be more beneficial for my career?
    MBAs are very well paid presently.. but will the same hold true in the future also?
    Is it possible that there is a saturation of jobs after the MBA by the time I am done?..Thinking on those terms will an MS degree be better..
    Please Reply..

Unregistered

I am presently in my final year of Mechanical Engg.. I have 2 options in front of me.. either I do an MS in Mech. from the US or I do an MBA from India
    COnsidering the fact that the job scenario after an MBA is better now but will it be the same in the future? Is it possible that an MBA will reach saturazation too??
    Will an MS in Mech be better when it comes to career options??
    I am equally interested in both an MS and an MBA..

manojbadoniya Array
    NEW MARKET - BHOPAL - MADHYAPRADESH - INDIA

Both courses are best for your career but the option depends on you that what do you want to do means if you are really interested to be continue in engineering stream then you must prefer for M.E. and if you are not then you must go for management but as for as my views are concerned that you must go for M.E. because you are already known about this course and you will get lot of profit after completing your M.E. and you may be a good engineer and you will get a good placement after this because there are so many multinational companies which requires master engineers and if you will do then you will get the placement so go for ME.

All the best

EALPmember Array

Hello friend,
    Mechanical branch is considered to be the best branch of engineering if you want to settle in government jobs
    as there lots of government departments like Indian Railway , Indian Army and many PSU companies like
    SAIL, NTPC, BHELK, BEL where there are many job opportunities.

So selecting MTech or ME after BTech or to go for MBA depends on the job opportunities as well. If you are
    interested in mechanical branch and want to do government job or technical work in good companies then
    there are more opportunities in BTech and MTech , so you should do MTech.

But if your question is about money oriented career life and you want to ask which course ME or MBA will give you more salary
    then obviously its MBA. But competition is really tough for getting into a good college for MBA compared to
    qualifying GATE exam and get into IITs or NITs for ME course.

Overall career growth is good in both the course, so take decision based on your interest of job.

alas Array

well mba is always better than m.e,mba is management study and one should be hired at a management post in any company,whether company related to software or with any other field management is very necessary so you must have understand that a mba student have more job opportunities than m.e,although m.e is not bad but if you compare m.e and mba .WITHOUT ANY DOUBT JUST GO FOR MBA.

Unregistered

Sir,am sarath.i just completed my BE mechanical engineering and now working in a oil tank construction company.i would like to do a distance education master\'s degree at annamali university. but am totally confused to choose MBA or ME.which is much better for me?is that distance education valuable?

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Friend ....

As you are from CORE FILED , you go for M.E in MECHANICAL ENGINEERING

Various specializations are given below --

MECHANICAL SYSTEM DESIGN

HEAT TRANSFER & THERMAL POWER

COMBUSTION & PROPULSION

I.C ENGINES & GAS TURBINES

REFRIGERATION & AIR CONDITIONING

POLLUTION AND NOISE CONTROL

COMPUTER AIDED DESIGN

COMPUTER AIDED MANUFACTURING ...

GOOD LUCK

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by bipin View Post
    If you are good at subject knowledge in Mechanical and want to make a career in engineering or technical side then you can join M.tech and as you have done B.E in your graduation.

If you are interested in managemet and business administration side then you can join MBA course.

But I will suggest you that you can go for MBA. Because you have already studied engineering and management is new and interesting to you. Also after MBA you will be having chance to get opportunities directly in to their senior level management and middle level management with huge packages, but you must be dine your MBA from top business schools.

To apply for MBA course you must qualify in following entrance tests :

-CAT
    -GMAT

-MAT
    -XAT
    -SNAP

To apply for all the above entrance tests, you must satisfy following eligibility criteria :

- You must be completed graduation from recognized university with 50% of marks with any stream.

- If you are belonging to SC and ST candidates, then 45% of marks are enough.

- There is no age limit.
    Sir which certification course is better after BE Mechanical as a platform for JOB placement.

Unregistered

how am i apply for abroad univercitesy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?