Unregistered

Being a final year Civil Engineering student how to start preparation for GATE exam to get in IITs or IISC?

I am a pre final year student of Civil Engineering & I want to prepare hard for Gate exam, so please suggest me how to start my preparation for getting admission in IIT's Or in IISc.Thank You.

S.Venkateshwarulu Array

Re: Being a final year Civil Engineering student how to start preparation for GATE exam to get in IITs or IISC?

Hi Buddy,

Eligibility:

Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programmes.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology.

Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by IE(I), AMICE(I) by the Institute of Civil Engineers (India)-ICE(I)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.

You will be not eligible to write GATE if you are in 3ry Year..

Some good points to get good rank in GATE::

# Make short notes from the Text books..
    # Once you finish studying 1 chapter then go and solve the prev.year questions related to chapter 1..
    # Finish detailed reading at least one and half month before.
    # Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts.
    # Keep last 15 days for fast practice and revision. Solve as many papers and question banks as you can get from any source.
    # Finally the following Four Factors will surely help you to crack the GATE in IIT's
    # Consistency in Hardwork
    # Never give up
    # Learn,Test what you have learnt,Analyse and do Revision them
    # Be confident.

Basic Requirements for Getting into IITs for M.Tech:

B.Tech percentage must be above 60.
    Must have a wonderful GATE Score or Good All India Rank, or Good percentile.

TIPS to crack the GATE:::::

* Quality of questions discussed
    * Collection of quality books
    * Uniqueness in the study material
    * Solve previous years GATE papers more often
    * Simulate actual test environment
    * Analyze
    * Revise as much as possible

All the best.
    @ S.Venkateshwarulu

subham21 Array

Re: Being a final year Civil Engineering student how to start preparation for GATE exam to get in IITs or IISC?

dear friend,
    GATE is a top level examaination for post graduation.if u really want to place in iits then u have work hard,study regurarly,clear all your subjective concepts so that u can answer any type of question.revise all your chpter in a proper way,solve previous years question paper,be confident yourself that u can do anything diffcult task
    best of luck for future.............

sumit pandey Array

hi,

Some good points to get good rank in GATE::

# Make short notes from the Text books..
    # Once you finish studying 1 chapter then go and solve the prev.year questions related to chapter 1..
    # Finish detailed reading at least one and half month before.
    # Keep one month for revisions and clearing leftover doubts.
    # Keep last 15 days for fast practice and revision. Solve as many papers and question banks as you can get from any source.
    # Finally the following Four Factors will surely help you to crack the GATE in IIT's
    # Consistency in Hardwork
    # Never give up
    # Learn,Test what you have learnt,Analyse and do Revision them
    # Be confident.

bipin Array

GATE ( Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering ) is the common entrance exam conducted All India wide for the entrance into P.G ( M.Tech ) program in India's top colleges.
    It is considered as one of the toughest examination in India as many young aspirants go for the written exam.

About Preparation :

- You need to be very thorough about the core subject area or technical area.

- You can refer previous year question papers to practice.

- You need to attend the mock tests and practice accordingly to manage the time.

- Concentrate more on Logic based Questions , because most of the questions are based on Logics .

- You can join some coaching institutes as part of the preparation for the GATE exam. The coaching center studies will help you to get training with regard to the short cuts.

Unregistered

i am now a final year student, i want to do higher studies i don\'t know how to start preparation will you suggest me?

er.animesh6 Array

Hello guest,
    Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) is for doing M.Tec.With good GATE SCORE and rank you can get admission in IIT.
    For this you have to study the whole syllabus of your stream seriously.
    It is very helpful to you if you get admission in some top coaching center for GATE such as GATE FORUM.
    By studing in coaching you will get good competition with other students,get some experienced teachers and mock test.
    For know details about course fee and branch near you residence you can visit the website
    www.gateforum.com
    For selfstudy you can follow GATE 2013 by GK PUBLICATION BOOK FOR CIVIL ENGINEERING.
    Here you can get the whole syllabus of GATE of your stream including Aptitude test and solved previous year question paper.
    They provide one CD for Mock Test in computer.
    Best of luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?