Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS and State Civil Services exam if I am 32 years old?

hi, my date of birth is 15/12/1979.i want to know if iam eligible to appear for Ias exams and i want to know about state civil services too.Kindly provide me with details.

selvakumar Array

Re: Am I eligible for IAS and State Civil Services exam if I am 32 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    hi, my date of birth is 15/12/1979.i want to know if iam eligible to appear for Ias exams and i want to know about state civil services too.Kindly provide me with details.
    If your belong from General category candidate then your not eligible for IAS Examination , But If your belong from Backward category candidates like, SC/ST (OR) OBC candidate then your eligible to apply for this Examination .

selvakumar Array

If your belong from General category candidate then your not eligible for IAS Examination , But If your belong from Backward category candidates like, SC/ST (OR) OBC candidate then your eligible to apply for this Examination .

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Officer and this Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for every year . This Examination is divided into three levels ,

-Civil Service Aptitude Test
    -Main Examination and
    -Interview

Age limit :-
    --------

-The candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years years are eligible to apply for the IAS Examination .
    -Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST candidates for 5 years
    -Relaxation will applicable for OBC candidates for 3 years .

Academic Educational Qualification :-
    ----------------------------------------

The candidate should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the Examination . The candidate should attach the course completing Certificate along with the Application form .

There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IAS Examination , If you get pass in all subject then your eligible to apply for this Examination .

The Notification for this Examination may published in Employment news as well as Official website of UPSC . So, If you may collect more Information by the go through the Official website of UPSC .

The Civil Service Aptitude Test all ready get over . So, please wait for next notification .

So, If your belong from Backward category candidate then your eligible for IAS Examination ,otherwise your not eligible for this Civil Service Examination .

For , More Information please visit the Official site :- http://www.upsc.gov.in/

ashwak Array

** Remember , If you Belong to OC or General Category , then you are NOT ELIGIBLE for the IAS exam and state civil srvices exam

See , for General category candidates , the age should be between 21-30 years only

So , in this case , if you belong to GENERAL category then you are not eligible for the exam

** If you belong to either ,

~ OBC category
    OR
    ~ SC or ST category , then only you are Eligible for the Exam

-)) For OBC category candidates , Age should be between 21-33 years
    -)) For SC or ST category candidates , Age should be between 21-35 years only

The examination is divided in to 3 levels

1) Preliminary exam
    2) Main exam
    3) Interview

All the best . . .

DANISH Array

The eligibility for the IAS exam is given below-

Citizenship-
    candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.

Age Limit-
    candidate must be between 21 to 30 Years.

Age relaxation-
    5 years for SC/ST candidates
    3 years for OBC candidates
    5 years for defence service personals
    10 years for physically handicapped candidates

Educational Qualification-
    Candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized institutes.
    or
    candidate must be in the final year of graduation.

Maximum Number of Attempt Allowed-
    4 attempts for general candidates
    7 attempts for OBC candidates
    there is no attempt limit for SC/ST candidates.

So being a 32 year old candidate , you are not eligible for the IAS exam.

But in case if you belong to any reserved category and avail the age relaxation , then you can give the IAS exam.

You can refer the following books to prepare for IAS exam-

CIVIL SERVICES GUIDE 2.jpg IAS.jpg IAS-2.jpg CIVIL SERVICES GUIDE.jpg

GOOD LUCK

aalarif Array

yes sir ,here are the eligibility criteria in civil service examination.
    1)) the minimum educational qualification marks to be able to get eligibility for Civil Services is that the candidate the candidate must have a undergraduate degree or a post graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.and
    2) the candidate must be a citizen of India and for general category students.

3) age limit is 21-30 for general category,
    for ST/SC there is a relaxation of 5 years ie. 21-35 years.and
    for OBC it is 3 years ie. 21-33 years.
    so,sir,if you are from general category,then you are not eligible and
    if you are from ST/SC/OBC category,you are eligible.
    hope it answers you question.

sgvm Array

According to Eligibility Criteria of IAS Exam, Age limit is
    :-

-----------------------------------------------------------
    -The candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years years are eligible to apply for the IAS Examination .
    -Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST candidates for 5 years
    -Relaxation will applicable for OBC candidates for 3 years .

Hence, if you are General Category, you can't give IAS exam. But if you are OBC/SC/ST, you can appear for IAS exam.

AKASH.BHALODI Array

The eligibility criteria for the civil service exam is below :
    > one should done their graduation from any recognized university with minimum 60% marks for general cast , 55% for other cast .
    -> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam .
    -> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman / physically handicapped .
    -> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

Now your age is 32 , so according to above criteria if you are in general cast then you are not eligible for the exam .
    But if you are in the OBC cast then still 1 year left with you for giving the exam .
    If you are in SC/ST cast then you have more 3 years left to give the exam .

So if you are eligible then start the preparation for the exam and give it .
    Good Luck

choco28 Array

dear friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service
    and its exam is conducted by UPSC every year

if you belong to general category then you are not eligible for the exam
    in case you belong to obc
    OR
    sc/st then surely you are eligible for the exam

eligibility for the exam is

one needs to be graduate in any discipline from a recognised university
    one needs to score minimum of 50% in graduation

candidate must be Indian citizen

age limit is
    21 to 30 years
    this age limit is relaxed in specific cases
    3 years for obc
    5 years for sc/st
    10 years for physically handicapped

there is restriction in no. of attempts
    4 times for general
    7 times for obc
    no limit for sc/st

sreeswami Array

Hello friend.......

If you Belong to OC or General Category , then you are NOT ELIGIBLE for the IAS exam and state civil srvices exam

See , for General category candidates , the age should be between 21-30 years only

So , in this case , if you belong to GENERAL category then you are not eligible for the exam

Eligibility Criteria of IAS Exam, : -

* candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or a subject of Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.

* The candidate age should be 21 years to 30 years years are eligible to apply for the IAS Examination .

* Relaxation will applicable for SC/ST candidates for 5 years

* Relaxation will applicable for OBC candidates for 3 years .

* Candidate must have a graduate degree in any discipline from a recognized institutes.

* candidate must be in the final year of graduation.

* 4 attempts for general candidates

* 7 attempts for OBC candidates

* there is no attempt limit for SC/ST candidates.

Now your age is 32 , so according to above criteria if you are in general cast then you are not eligible for the exam .

But in case if you belong to any reserved category and avail the age relaxation , then you can give the IAS exam.

THANK YOU.........

BEST OF LUCK........

Nathan Array

If you are General candidate your not eligible for the IAS examination,But If you Other BackWord Class(OBC),Scheduled Caste(SC),Scheduled Tribe(ST) candidate then you are eligible for the IAS Examination.

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service This examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission For Every year.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS:-

>>Nationality:-The candidates Should be Citizen of india or A subject of Bhutan,A subject of Nepal.

>>Sex:-Both Female and male candidate can apply for this examination.

>>Educational Qualification:-You Should be Complete the bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university and final year candidate also eligible for this examination and then there is no minimum percentage of mark for this examination.

>>Age Limit:-For General Candidate 21 to 30 years,For Other backword Class Candidate 21 to 33 years,For SC/ST candidate 21 to 35 years.

>>Physical Standards:-The candidate Should be physically fit for this examination.

So,If you general Candidate your not eligible but you are OBC,ST,SC candidate your eligible for IAS examination Through UPSC.

Further Details Please Go on Official Website:-http://Upsc.gov.in

popeye Array

Yes you are eligible to apply Civil Service Exam at the age of 32 years old. Because upper age limit to apply Civil Service Exam is 33 years.

But only qualifying age criteria is not sufficient you must have to follow other eligibility criteria also which is given detail below.

UPSC Civil Service Exam

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC Civil Service Exam are as follows :

You should be graduate from any stream.

You should be passed his graduation with minimum 50 %.

You should be citizen of India.

Age Limit

For Open Category age limit is 21 to 30 years

For OBC candidate age relaxation is of 3 years

For SC/ST candidate age relaxation is of 5 years

NUMBER OF PERMISSIBLE ATTEMPTS

Open Category- 4 times
    OBC- 7 times
    SC/ST- Unlimited

State Civil Service Exam

Now lets talking about State Civil Service Exam. The eligibility for State Civil Service Exam is nearly same like UPSC Civil Service Exam.

But there is difference in Number of Attempts and Age limits.

Age Limit

Minimum Age required is 19 years and upper age limit vary according to Category.

For OBC = 35 years.

For SC/ST = 38 years.

For General = 33 years.

NUMBER OF PERMISSIBLE ATTEMPTS

Normally there is not any restriction an attempts. You can attempt till you not exceed the age limit.

muthupandiyan Array

Hello Friend,
    Following are the eligible conditions for IAS and Civill service Examination,

For OBC category---------21-33 years
    For SC/ST category-------21-35 years

Qualification:

You must complete graduation in any stream from recognized university.

Nationality:

You must be a Citizen of INDIA.

So,If your from General category you are not eligble for the IAS and Civil service examination.OR if you are form OBC/ST/SC category then you are eligible for the both IAS and Civil Service Examination.

ALL THE BEST

aishh Array

ias:indian administrative services...
    Ias entrance test is conducted by upsc(union public service comission).
    Age limit:
    *a general category candidate should be 21 to 30years old..
    *obc candidate should be 21 to 33 years old.
    *sc/st candidate should be 21 to 35 years old is eligible to appear in ias exam....
    So u r eligible if and oly if u r obc or sc/st candidate...

ankit patel Array

Hello dear
    If you are a candidate belonging to General category then you are not eligible to appear for IAS exam as maximum age limit is 30 year for Gerenal candidate.If you belong to OBC or SC or ST category then you are eligible to appear for IAS exam as maximum age limit is relaxed for the Reserved category.Best of luck............

Raj@08 Array

Hello,
    You can only appear for these exams if you belong to reserve category like SC / ST / OBC.

Age limit

General - 21 to 30
    OBC - 21 to 33
    SC/St - 21 to 35

So if you belong to OBC, then this would be the last year for you, so start preparing for the same...

All the best
    Raj@08

aalarif Array

sir,the minimum educational qualification marks to be able to get eligibility for Civil Services is that the candidate the candidate must have a undergraduate degree or a post graduate degree in any stream from a recognized university.and the candidate must be a citizen of India and for general category students age limit is 21-30
    but for ST/SC it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.-
    so,sir,if you are from OBC category,then only you will be eligible to give the IAS exam ,other wise not.

adi_netgenie Array

NO !!! YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE UNLESS YOU BELONG TO SC/ST/OBC or PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED CATEGORY

IAS top most Government jobs in INDIA... IAS stands for Indians Civil Services .For IAS you need to sit for CSAT i.e. Civil Services Aptitudes Test

IAS Logo Web small.jpg

Academic Qualification
    Graduate degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Mathematics, Physics, Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university

>> AGE LIMIT

1. 21-30 years(For General Candidates)
    2. 21-32 years (OBC)
    3. 21-35 years (SC/ST candidates)
    4. 21-40 years (Physically handicapped)

>Number of Attempts

4 (For General Candidates)
    7 (OBC)
    Unlimited (SC/ST candidates) till age limit is crossed

The exam consists of 3 parts

• Preliminary exam
    • Mains exam
    • Personal Interview

FOR DETAILED ELIGIBILITY OF IAS VISIT http://www.upsc.gov.in/

>It is quite Clear from the above mentioned eligibility that if you are from general Caste....whose AGE LIMIT IS 30 YEARS ..... then you are not eligible for the CSAT examination

>but If you belong to SC/ST/OBC or Physically Challenged Category and in that case your upper age limit is increased

>and this makes you eligible for CSAT!! so it totally depends on your Caste category

>Moreover you need to have a a registered and valid caste certificate to prove it...else you will not be allowed or granted this special facility

aron stone Array

hello friend,
    age limit for writing IAS exam is 21-30 years but upper age relaxation will be given to sc and st candidates.
    for writing the same a candidate must have a bachelor's degree in science, commerce or engineering, medicine or some other studies.
    a candidate is allowed to attempt only for 4 times where as an OBC candidate can write for 7 times and no limit for sc/st's.
    all the best...............

Akash Bacchav Array

HELLO Eligibility for IAS : - The candidate should complete Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for the Examination . The candidate should attach the course completing Certificate along with the Application form . There is no Minimum percentage of marks require for IAS Examination , If you get pass in all subject then your eligible to apply for this Examination . The Notification for this Examination may published in Employment news as well as Official website of UPSC . So, If you may collect more Information by the go through the Official website of UPSC . Graduate degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Mathematics, Physics, Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification from a recognized university Age limit General - 21 to 30 OBC - 21 to 33 SC/St - 21 to 35 ALL THE BEST.........

kalyani bacchav Array

HELLO SIR...............

age limit for writing IAS exam is 21-30 years but upper age relaxation will be given to sc and st candidates.
    a candidate is allowed to attempt only for 4 times where as an OBC candidate can write for 7 times and no limit for sc/st's.

all the best....

shivbaba Array

hi

indian administrative services...

Ias entrance test is conducted by upsc(union public service comission).

Age limit:
    general category candidate should be 21 to 30years old..
    obc candidate should be 21 to 33 years old.
    sc/st candidate should be 21 to 35 years old is eligible to appear in ias exam....

So u r eligible if and oly if u r obc or sc/st candidate...

best of luck............

RIYA19 Array

Hi Friends.....

No,you are not eligible for the IAS entrance examination.

The eligibility criteria

Graduate degree of a recognized university with at least the subjects namely
    Veterinary Mathematics
    Physics
    Botany
    equivalent qualification
    Statistics
    Chemistry
    Agriculture
    Zoology
    Engineering

AGE LIMIT
    21-30 years For General Candidates,2 & 5 years more for SC,OBC,ST candidate...
    The exam pattern is
    • Aptitude exam
    • Personal Interview
    • Medical test

As,you does not mention in which caste from you belong..If you are belonging from SC,ST,OBC then you are eligible for this entrance examination..

BEST WISHES.....

A Utkarsh Array

As you have not mentioned that from which category you are belonging so its not exact to say. If you belonging to general category then you are little late as your age has crossed the limit of 30 years but if you are belonging from any other category like OBC, Sc/St then you are eligible for the entrance exam of civil services.....

nitishsingh00001 Array

Hello SIR,
    INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (I.A.S.) Exam contain by the U.P.S.C. and their eligibility criteria is different for different categories such as
    AGE LIMIT:-
    For GENERAL Category - 21 to 30 years
    For OBC Category - 21 to 33 years
    For SC/ST Category - 21 to 35 years

NUMBER OF ATTEMPT:-
    4 times for GENERAL
    7 times for OBC
    No limit for SC/ST student

So, if you come into GENERAL category then you not eligible otherwise you are eligible in IAS Exam.
    and also if you come into GENERAL category and you are physically handicaped or related with defence services ten you can take more relaxation from the UPSC Board.

megh@ Array

Dear Friend,
    You should have also mentioned the category you belong if you want to now the exact detail information.

If you belong to General category then you are not eligible to apply for IAS or any other State Civil Service.

If you belong to SC/ST category then you are definitely eligible and if from OBC category then also.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC government and State Civil Service exam are conducted by the State government.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

<>Graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

<>Age of the general candidates should be 21-30years.

<>For SC/ST candidates 21-35years and OBC candidates by 21-33years.

<>Should be Indian citizen.

In case of IAS Number of Attempts:-

For General= 4 times

For SC/ST= no limit

For OBC= 7 times.

SELECTION PATTERN:-

=>Preliminary Exam

=>Main Exam

=>Interview.

For more details check http://www.upsc.gov.in

Badshah Array

• For the IAS, you must have to give the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.
    • For that you have to hold the graduation degree in any stream from an recognised university.
    • If you are from an general category, the age limit is 21 years to 30 years, so you won't be eligibile.
    • However if you are from an obc category then the upper age limit is 33 years, and for sc/st category the upper age limit is 35 years.
    • So, if you are from an reserved category then only you are eligibile.
    • State civil services is conducted by the respective state commission.

Anil 7893 Array

Hello friends...........

If you belongs to general category you are not eligible for IAS.

Ageshould be between 21 -30 years

Relaxation given in Age for following Categories :
    OBC : 3 years
    SC/ST: 5 years
    Ex-Service Men : 5 years

Number of Attempts allowed:
    General : 4 attempts
    OBCs : 7 attempts
    SCs/STs: No limit

This is conducted in three stages namely

Prelim.,

Main Examination

Interview.

Eligibility criteria for Civil sevice Examination is

Educational Qualification :
    You should have done Graduation in Any course from recognized university or college .

Physical Standard
    Indian Police Services are divided into technical and non-technical.
    Technical services : IRTS, IPS, DANI PS, CISF, RPF & other Police organization.

Height:

Pahari & general Male: 165 cm
    ST male : 160 cm

Pahari Female & general too : 150 cm
    ST : 145 cm

Chest :
    Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. No case of color or night blindness .

Stammering is not allowed .

Good Luck!

Mr.N Arora Array

Any graduate can write Civil services exam.

CSE is conducted by UPSC every year

Age for general 12-30 years OBC 21-33 years S/c S/T 21-35 years

Attempt; Gen: 4 attempts OBC 7 attempts Other BC :No limit

So according to eligibility if you belong to other than Gen. category then you can write IAS exam.

Yes candidate you are eligible for State public service commission exam conducted by various states every year.

Thank you,

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Any Question?