Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS if appearing for B.Com exam this year? When to apply for IAS?

Hai i am doing my bcom exam but due to some personal issues i am taking exam this year november ,so whether iam eligible for taking ias exam.when can i apply for ias exam.please reply.

ashok rks Array

Re: Am I eligible for IAS if appearing for B.Com exam this year? When to apply for IAS?

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

Eligible Criteria
    The Applicant should be a citizen of India
    The Applicant must be Complete any degree in any reputed University or Reputed College
    The Applicant should have minimum of 50% percentage of Mark in the degree
    The Applicant Can Finish is degree under the subject mentioned : Physics,Chemistry,Statistics,Geology,Zoology,Mathe matics,Commerce,Computer Science,Law,Forestory

Age Limit
    For General Candidate the Age limit is 21-30 years
    For SCST Candidate the Age limit is 21-35 years
    For OBC Candidate the Age limit is 21-33 years

No of Attempts
    For General Candidate : 4 Attempts
    For SC/ST Candidate : Unlimited
    For OBC Candidate : 7 Attempts

There are 3 Stage for Becoming a IAS
    Preliminary Exam
    Main Exam
    Personal Interview

Question Pattern for the Preliminary Exam is
    Data Interpretation
    Computer Knowledge
    Communication
    Logical reasoning
    Decision Making
    Analytical Reasoning

sai5a3 Array

Re: Am I eligible for IAS if appearing for B.Com exam this year? When to apply for IAS?

hai friend

IAS-Indian Administrative Service

you can appear for the IAS exam if u have any degre from any recognised institution in India

u must be a citizen of india

The age limit is:21-30 years

for more info u can log on to the official website...

All the best

randhirk.rk Array

MIn educational qualifications required for UPSC civil services exam (IAS) is
    Graduation pass
    Min age -21 years
    Max age-30 years
    3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates
    5 years age relaxation for sc/st candidates

Number of attempts-4 for general candidates, 7 for OBC candidates

Exams are held in 3 stages
    Prelims
    mains
    Interview

Next Prelims exams will be held in May 2013
    forms for prelims will be filled in feb 2013

so if you will be completing graduation by may 2013 you can sit in the next year prelims exams

nit.gang11 Array

The eligibility for IAS is-

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012.

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(more content follows the advertisement below)
    A D V E R T I S E M E N T

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
    (No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

SKY.BHALODI Array

Yes my friend if you give your final year exam this year then also you are eligible for the IAS exam .
    Because the every final year student are eligible for the exam .
    The criteria for the IAS exam is below :
    -> one should done their graduation from any recognized university

-> A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam , but before the main exam one have to complete the graduation .

-> age limit is 21-30 for general cast , 3 years relaxion for obc , 5 years relaxion for sc/st/ex-serviceman , 10 years relaxion for physically handicapped .

-> maximum 4 attempts are allowed for the general cast , 7 for obc cast and no limit for the no of attempts for the sc/st cast .

So as per the above rules you are eligible for the exam but you have to complete your graduation before the main exam .

For more details visit the upsc site www.upsc.gov.in

good luck

chandu22 Array

Hai friends

you are eligible for the ias ,if you complete your b.com next before preliminary exams

ias means indian administrative service ,this exam is conducted by the union public service commission under the control of the central government

the age limit is having for all the candidates

for the general candidates the age limit is 21-30 years,can attempt the exam 4 times
    for the obc candidates the age limit is 21-33 years,can attempt the exam 7 times
    for the sc/st candidates the age limit is 21-35 years ,can not have any limits

the process is in the three stages

1. Preliminary exam
    2. Main exam
    3. Interview

may be the next civil service exam is on may 2013
    the application you want in the month of the february 2013

hope it is use full to u

good luck

learn Array

dear friend,

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service
    and is the administrative service of government of India

eligibility for IAS

you must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university
    candidates in the final year are also eligible

so if you are in the final year then you can surely give the exam

age criteria

• minimum age -21 years
    • maximum age - 30 years
    upper age limit is relaxed in specific case

• 3 years for obc
    • 5 years for sc/st
    • 10 years for PH

restriction in no. of attempts

• 4 attempts for general
    • 7 attempts for obc
    • no limit for sc/st

process of selection includes 3 stages

• preliminary exam
    • mains exam
    • interview

pattern of IAS exam

1..Preliminary Examination

The preliminary examination consists of two papers:

Paper I -- General Studies -150 marks
    Paper II -- An Optional subject -300 marks

2..Main Examination

It Consists of the following papers:
    • Paper I - One Indian language (selected by the candidate) 300 marks
    • Paper II - English 300 marks
    • Paper III - Essay 200 marks
    • Paper IV&V - General Studies 300 marks each
    • Paper VI-IX - Any two Optional subjects (optional papers selected by the candidate} with two papers each of 300 marks for each.

Each paper is of 3 hours duration.

niceday Array

According to the UPSC norms the candidate should be ready with the degree certificate at the time of the mains.But you will not be able to produce the certificate at that time.
    I recommend you to wait for another year and write the exam next year.Meanwhile,you can prepare further for the exam.You can give a try until the age of-

~30 for general category
    ~33 for OBC
    ~35 for SC/ST

premreckless Array

Dear Aspirant,
    You should be a graduate before appearing for IAS exam ,a final year student is not eligible to apply for it and still if you are a graduate and not meeting the requirements till the date given in the advertisement then also you are not eligible. Hope the following information would help you :
    (i) Nationality :
    1. For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.
    (ii) Age Limits :

1. A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2012, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1982 and not later than 1st August, 1991.
    2. The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
    1. upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
    2. upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

hts.hora@gmail.com Array

dear sir,
    the IAS is Civil services examination and is for highest civil servant officers post in the nation.
    The IAS, IPS, IRS, IFS etc. officials are taken from this exam itself.

The exam has the following eligbility::
    1. You should be a citizen of India.
    2. You should be graduate to write this exam.
    3. the age limit goes as following:
    for general candidates-- the age should be between 21 to 30 years.
    for SC/ST- the age should be between 21 to 35 years.
    for OBC- the age should be between 21 to 33 years.

The maximum number of attempts:
    for general candidates-- The general candidates can take the exam for maximum 4 times.
    for SC/ST- they can take the exam for as many times they are eligible, that is no upper limit.
    for OBC- the OBC candidates can take the exam for maximum 7 attempts.

The exam consists of:
    1. preliminary,
    2. mains and
    3. interview.

Keep checking upsc.gov.in and employment newspaper for it..
    good luck..

Unregistered

i have completed Bachelor%u2019s degree in arts (BA) and my subject is economics, political, Histroy with (45%) can i conduct IAS plz suggest

TER007 Array

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hai i am doing my bcom exam but due to some personal issues i am taking exam this year november ,so whether iam eligible for taking ias exam.when can i apply for ias exam.please reply.

Hello Dear

You can appear this exam only after completing your graduation in B.com and getting all the required certificates in your hand.So don't worry.I would b providing you all the necessary details of this exam.
    Anyways lets come to the topic.See you can become eligible for this exam only after you satisfy certain minimum eligibility criteria set by UPSC.

upsc.jpg

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS:

-->The candidate must be an INDIAN citizen

-->Those candidate who have graduated from any recognized university with any discipline would be eligible for IAS exam.

-->The age should be in between 22 to 30 years.However age relaxation would be provided to SC,ST and OBC category candidates as per govt rule.

MAX ATTEMPTS ALLOWED :

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

STAGES OF IAS :

See there are 3 important stages in this hiring procedure.A candidate has to qualify all the 3 stages to be able to receive selection letter.The 3 stages are

# Preliminary
    # Mains
    # Interview

I hope you are almost clear now.Anyways best of luck for a bright future.

Regards

dharmesh99 Array

Dear Friend,
    IAS EXAM:
    Academic Qualification:
    ~Candidate must have graduation degree from racognized university or any equivalent.
    Nationality:
    ~Candidate must be citizen of india.
    Age Crieria:
    ~Candidate's age must 21 year and should not have attained 30 year of age.
    For SC/ST Category candidate age relaxation is upto 5 year.
    For OBC Category candidate age relaxation is upto 3 year.
    For PWD Category Candidate age relaxation is upto 10 year.
    Number Of Attempt:
    General Category Candidate: Four Attempt
    SC/ST Category Candidate: No Restriction
    Other Backward category candidate : Seven Attempt

Regards,
    Dharmesh

mahi4mk Array

Dear Aspirants ,

You can give exam IAS after completing graduation B.com and You apply IAS easily.

Your age limit should be 21 to 30 years.

You must be indian .

You give this exam 4 times and some relaxation provide reserved categary .

EXAM PATTERN:-

GOOD LUCK

Nathan Array

Cool Re: Am I eligible for IAS if appearing for B.Com exam this year? When to apply for IAS?

Dear Friend!!!

Final year student and completing the degree that candidates only eligible for this exam.I will provide detailed information about that in the below manner.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service Exam and this exam is conducted by union public service commission and this exam is conducted by every year.

Eligibility Criteria For IAS Exam:-

>>The Candidate should be Citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or a Nepal.

>>The Candidate should be complete the bachelor degree or engineering degree in recognized university and there is no minimum percentage of mark for this exam and final year candidates also eligible for this exam but you will provide course completion certificate into the office.

>>The Candidate age should between 21 to 30 years

>>The Candidate should be medically fit for this exam.

And this exam is conducted by three stages there are

>>Preliminary
    >>Main
    >>Interview

Further Information please Visit Here:-http://Upsc.gov.in

megh@ Array

Dear Friend,
    The final year candidates are eligible to apply for IAS.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. The exam is conducted by UPSC once in a year.

The notification is published in the moth of February for preliminary exam. The exam is generally held during May.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

>>AGE:
    General candidates:- 21-30 years
    SC/ST candidates:- 21-35 years
    OBC candidates:- 21-33 years.

>>EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION: The candidates should have a bachelor degree in any stream from a recognized university. The final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

>>NATIONALITY: The candidates should be Indian citizen.

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS:

General candidates:- 4
    SC/ST candidates:- no limit
    OBC candidates:- 7

EXAM PATTERN:

>Preliminary Exam
    >Main Exam
    >Interview

BEST BOOKS FOR PREPARATION:

You can check http://www.upsc.gov.in

mustafa tahasildar Array

*CANDIDATE SHOULD BE CITIZEN OF INDIA
    *AGE SHOULD BE BETWEEN 21 TO 30 YEARS.
    *CANDIDATES SHOULD BE MEDICALLY FIT,
    *SHOULD BE COMPLETED BACHELOR DEGREE IN ANY STREAM OR FINALLY YEAR STUDENTS CAN DE APPLIED.

mustafa tahasildar Array

*minimum age -21 years AND maximum age - 30 years.
    *you must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university candidates in the final year are also eligible.
    *The candidate must be an INDIAN citizen.

er.animesh6 Array

Hello guest,
    IAS standsfor Indian Adminstrative Service.
    A candidate is eligible for IAS if he/she has the following criteria
    ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
    * Candidate must have Bachelor degree from recognizing university with following subjects
    Mathematics,Physics,Chemistry,Botany,Zoology,Stati stics.
    BE/B.TECH candidates are also eligible for IAS.
    * Age of the candidate must be within 21-30 years.Age relaxation for SC/ST candidate is 5 year and OBC candidate is 3 years.
    * Candidate must score at least 50% in Bachelor degree.5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates.
    * Candidate must be a citizen of India.
    * No. of maimum attempts for general candidate is 4 and for SC/ST/OBC is 7 times.
    If in graduation(B.Com) you have mathematics then you are eligible for IAS otherwise you are not eligible for IAS exam.
    Best of luck.

Varam Array

The next notification for Civil Services Prelims is expected to be out in February 2013 and exam will be in May 2013.

So, if you complete your degree by that time then you can appear for IAS Exam.

Educational qualification:

Any degree from recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

Age Criteria:

Minimum: 21 years
    Maximum: 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved category candidates is as follows:

3 years for OBC.
    5 years for SC/ST
    10 years for PWD & Exservice-men.

Exam Pattern :

All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:

Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

The Preliminary Examination is held in May/June and the Main Examination in October/November. One must begin preparations of the main exam along with preliminary exam. This is because there is little time for the Main exam if one waits for the results of the Preliminaries.

Number of attempts:

General category- 4

OBC - 7

There is no limit for SC/ST.

sgvm Array

Dear friend,

You are eligible for IAS Exam if you have completed your Graduation from any Recognized University.

Also, you can appear for IAS Exam if you are in the Final Year of your Graduation.

As you are telling, you are appearing for B.Com Exam this year. So, you can appear for IAS Exam.

You will have to pass three stages to clear this exam:

>> Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)

>> Mains Exam

>> Personal Interview

Age Criteria of IAS Exam:

For General: 21 to 30 years

For OBC: 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

For more information, you may visit: http://upsc.gov.in

Online Applications are filled through: http://upsconline.nic.in

Some of the Good Books for the IAS Exam Preparation are:

IAS Prelims/CSAT Civil Services: 18 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers (1995-2012) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 174

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paperback)
    by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
    Publisher: Pearson (2012)
    Price: Rs. 883

UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2) (Paperback)
    by Sachchida Nand Jha
    Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 553

UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Jha, Jha
    Publisher: Kalinjar Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 871

General Science for Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by Tara Chand, Shabnam Johry, Tanushri Saxena, Renu Kathpalia
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 241

General Studies for Services Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1) (Paperback)
    by TMH
    Publisher: Tata McGraw Hill Education (2012)
    Price: Rs. 900

Crack Civil Services General Studies IAS Prelims CSAT, Paper - 1 and 2 (Set of 2 Books) (Paperback)
    by Disha Experts
    Publisher: Disha Publication (2012)
    Price: Rs. 777

eduforall Array

Hi,

Yes, you can apply for IAS exam being in final year of B.Com, as final year graduation students can apply for IAS exam.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC exam and is known as CSAT.

CSAT – Civil Services Aptitude Test.

Eligibility Criteria for CSAT -

Nationality-
    Indian

Qualification-
    Graduation from a recognised university.

Age -
    Age should be between 21 years and 30 years.

( 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST)

Stages of IAS exam –
    1. Preliminary exam
    2. Main exam
    3. Interview
    Number Of attempts –

For general category – 4

For OBC- 7

For SC/ ST – No limit

Exam Pattern –

Preliminary Exam –
    There are two papers –
    • General studies
    • An Optional subject

Main exam-

One Indian Language
    • English
    • Essay
    • & V- General studies
    VI & IX – Any two optional subject

Badshah Array

• Yes, definately being an final year student of b.com you can apply for the civil services examination for an IAS.
    • Though minimum qualification required is graduation, but provisionally you can appear in preliminary exam.
    • For appearing in an main exam, you have to complete your graduation.
    • Age bar for this examination is 21 years to 30 years.
    • Age relaxations is provided to you if you are from an reserved category i.e for obc category it is three years and sc/st category it is five years.
    • You need to be the citizen of India to appear in this examination.

shine.com Array

Hello Dear Dude

Follow the below Process

As you have completed B.Com you are considered as a Graduate

And the minimum qualification must be Graduation

The minimum age must be 21 years

Maximum age is allowed up to 30 years

Of course there will be an age relaxation for the reserved candidates

I,.A.,S --- INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

OBC -- 3 YEARS

SC / ST -- 5 YEARS

GENERAL --- There is no age relaxation

GOOD LUCK

Sen Soma Array

Eligibility criteria for IAS officer :

>>Graduation pass from any recognized university.

>>Age is between 21-30 years.
    ST/SC gets 5 years age relaxation.
    OBC
    gets 3 years age relaxation.

Condition :

>>You must be a citizen of India.

Selection process :

>>Preliminary exam
    >>Main exam
    >>Interview

Attempts :

>>4 for general
    >>7 for OBC
    >>No limit for ST/SC

Exam pattern :

You can check here for details ..............

http://www.upsc.gov.in

After Graduation,you can apply for IAS officer exam.

Good luck !

exam only way Array

Dear Friend...

After Completion of your Graduation you are eligible for IAS...

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

You have to follow some criteria for IAS Exam

1. Educational Qualification: Graduate from well recognized university/College

2. Age:
    For Open: 21-30 years
    for OBC: 21-33 years
    For SC/ST: 21-35 years

3. No of Attempt:
    For open: 4
    For OBC: 7
    For SC/ST: No Limit

4. Nationality: Indian

Conclusion: After Completion of Graduation you are eligible for the exam,

All the best

mk.gohel Array

hi friend,

If you are Aspiring to Becom an IAS officer then you should have to apply for Civil Service Examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in year for the post of an IPS Officer, IAS Officer etc......

For applying CSE (Civil Service Exam) you require following Qualification.....

Eligibility and Criteria:

## A candidate must have completed their Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities....

## Finall years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

Age Limit:

General Age Limit is 21-30 years. but there is relaxation is available for reserved category....

Relaxation on Upper Age:

For OBC category : up to 33 years

For SC/ST category : up to 35 years

For PH : up to 40 years

No. Attempt:

there are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

Exam Pattern:

The exam have three stages:

1. Prelim Exam
    2. Main Exam
    3. Personal Interview

all the best........

A Utkarsh Array

Yes you are eligible for the IAS exam because final year student are eligible for exam but only thing you have to keep in mind that you must have your result in your hand before the mains exam.
    To apply for this your age must be between 21 to 30 years however OBC get relaxation of 3 years and Sc/St a relaxation of 5 years.
    NO. of attempts is 4 for general, 7 for OBC and unlimited for Sc/St....
    As you are eligible so don't west time start preparing for the exam.........

dipu99310 Array

hello friend

IAS -stands for indian administrative service

yes if you have completed your bachelor degree then you are eligible to apply for this .
    some others criteria which will be compulsory to apply for this post

about education

1.must having graduation degree

about age

1.minimum age is 21 year

maximum is
    30 year

here is the some relaxation applicable

i.e. 3 and 5 year respective for obc and sc/st

number of attempts

maximum number of attempts for general ,obs and sc/st is 4 ,7 and no limit respectively

best of luck

Mack_007 Array

YES YOU HAVE ELIGIBLE FOR IAS EXAM

IAS Stands forIndian Administrative Service

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

Age Limit

for 21 to 30 years

Age Relation

OBC : 3 years

SC/ST : 5 years

PWD : 10 years

No. of Attempt

General : 4 times

OBC : 7 times

Physically Handicapped: 7 times

SC & ST: No limit on number of attempts

Educational Qualification

Minimum qualification required from candidates is a bachelor degree from any recognized university, college or institute or having an equivalent degree.

Selection Process

Selection of candidates will based on preliminary examination, mains examination and interview.

Recruitment of candidates will be made on 1000 posts after examinations and interview.

IAS Exam is conducted once in every year under the following three phases:

Phase I: Aptitude Test held in the month of May or June.

Phase II: Mains in the month of Oct or Nov.

Phase III: Personality test (Interview) in the month of Feb or March.

Best Institute for IAS

Chanakya IAS Institute

Ujjwal IAS Academy

Indian IAS Academy

Raus IAS Study Circle

Analog IAS Institute

Achievers IAS Classes

BEST BOOKS FOR IAS

ALL THE BEST

Attached Images

sohangoriya Array

Dear friend for apply IAS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

A final year student can also eligible for applying the exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

All the best......

nis_er Array

Hi Friend,

>>>IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

>>>Final year student can also apply for civil services exam

>>>If you satisfies eligibility criteria then you are eligible to become IAS officer

>>>Here is the eligibility for civil services exam which is conducted by UPSC

>>>Age limit 21-30 years for general category

>>>For OBC 3 years relaxation and for SC/ST 5 years relaxation

>>>For PWD 10 years relaxation

>>>Graduate from recognized university by UGC(University Grant Commission)

>>>Citizen of India

>>>Number of attempts

General Category: 4

OBC: 7

Physically Handicapped: 7

SC & ST: No limit on number of attempts

Procedure:-

>>>PRELIMINARY EXAM (objective).
    >>>MAINS EXAM (essay type).
    >>>PERSONAL INTERVIEW (vocal).

>>>Hope so this information helps you

Thank You